Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
haha, not to worry. we're good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
nice snipe

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
ok, the edibles are real good. i spent about an hour last night making characters for a funny jokey xcom campaign where id improv all the characters and crap only to realize once I was actually in game that that was definitely not going to happen lmfao. good edibles

Evil Bob
May 2, 2004

've lived a thousand times. I found out what it means to be GBS.
I’m a big fan of low dose edibles. 5-10 mgs with upkeep every few hours can really just set off a beautiful day outside.

Whoever I was talking to about blue berries. The ones I was referring to are “Kiva Chocolate Covered Blueberries” back when I lived in the bay they were sold in tins of 24/5mg for 120mg total per tin, those are my favorite dosed out edible of all time.

Anyway I’ve got some top top shelf (these are the strains that they keep behind the counter and don’t display for whatever reason, you have to ask to see them, and before that you have to know they are there) banana cake right now that smells like bananas and looks bananas.

Some regular top shelf snoops dream which is Og kush x blue dream. Looks and smells like OG kush.

A tiny nug of “point break” which was one of the behind the counter strains I picked up a couple weeks ago. It’s bright green and purple, smells fruity and is a psychedelic buzz, great for looking at the stars.

And lastly a bit of 10%thc 16%cbd critical mass which is actually some of the nicest looking and smelling CBD bud I’ve ever had, great for mixing in with the other strains to take a little bit of the harsh edge off.

Got a half full pax pod in my vape and gonna pick up some edibles then it’s off to vacation time for a week.

Should be some good stargazing.

Weed.

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
Wittingly took a pre-employment drug screening with dirty urine. The real story is I cleverly brought clean urine with me but apparently you need a certain amount to "get a temp" which I could clearly see the temp lable changing color but because it wasn't the amount he wanted he dumped it down the toilet and then I had to hang for an hour and piss dirty.

Anywho, I got a text from my potential employer asking about the results so I texted him back, told him I was confident about passing because it had been a few weeks(a lie), but I have anxiety and chronic heel pain and I'm not an addict. He said to sit tight, and "we really want to have you".

So here I am, in a constant state of freaking out. Hoping for a little glimmer of hope. I started my own business during covid(car repair) but it hasn't taken off, and money is running out. This place I applied to is one of the only places that still drug screens, but at least it was one of those interviews you know you have the job before you walk in.

In other news, I've been smoking, and preferably eating edibles a lot more to deal with issues and primarily stop drinking so much and it's good. Not sure what the point of this post was but

Agrinja
Nov 30, 2013

Praise the Sun!

Total Clam

interwhat posted:

Wittingly took a pre-employment drug screening with dirty urine. The real story is I cleverly brought clean urine with me but apparently you need a certain amount to "get a temp" which I could clearly see the temp lable changing color but because it wasn't the amount he wanted he dumped it down the toilet and then I had to hang for an hour and piss dirty.

Anywho, I got a text from my potential employer asking about the results so I texted him back, told him I was confident about passing because it had been a few weeks(a lie), but I have anxiety and chronic heel pain and I'm not an addict. He said to sit tight, and "we really want to have you".

So here I am, in a constant state of freaking out. Hoping for a little glimmer of hope. I started my own business during covid(car repair) but it hasn't taken off, and money is running out. This place I applied to is one of the only places that still drug screens, but at least it was one of those interviews you know you have the job before you walk in.

In other news, I've been smoking, and preferably eating edibles a lot more to deal with issues and primarily stop drinking so much and it's good. Not sure what the point of this post was but

It's okay. Feel better dude. Hope it works out.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Sometimes you need to shout into the void. Just know that we’re here listening. Life is a gently caress lately, everyone could use a good scream now and then.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
aaaaaaa

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

So I tried weed for the first time some weeks ago and didn't feel any different. A lot of my friends said that the first time you tend not to feel anything. Is this true or am I just a waste of weed? :smith:

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I've met people who have had similar experiences but can't really fathom it. Just try again. Did you eat it? Smoke it?

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
not uncommon, just keep trying!

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

i think for a lot of people it "doesnt work" the first time because they arent inhaling properly. but hard to say without knowing what you did exactly

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Yeah just have to do it a few more times. Trust me, you’ll know when it’s working lol.

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

sigher posted:

So I tried weed for the first time some weeks ago and didn't feel any different. A lot of my friends said that the first time you tend not to feel anything. Is this true or am I just a waste of weed? :smith:

I didn't feel anything the first few times I smoked, but just look at me now

I don't feel anything because of my crazy tolerance

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

poverty goat posted:

The USPS is the single greatest drug trafficker in world history

I'm way too paranoid, I've never even considered it. Colorado is a pretty good deal, I can grow if I want, there's stores, but drat if ordering by mail and having the government set or regulate the price doesn't sound sexy.

Agrinja
Nov 30, 2013

Praise the Sun!

Total Clam

Mozi posted:

not uncommon, just keep trying!

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

sigher posted:

Nah, myth. I have the feeling it has to do with people not quite understanding that yes, you seriously have to inhale like that, or being cautious and not wanting to get too blazed; both things are understandable. Take a huge bong rip and see if you don't feel anything after that.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Yeah I think it’s the cautious deal also. That’s why if you just keep trying eventually your just gonna rip it and be like AHhHhHhHhhHh I’m stoned as gently caress.

At least that was my experience

Fano
Oct 20, 2010

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

The ones I've seen in California and Oregon are never more than 10 mg. Nice idea though.

They went up to 100mg at the places I visited, I was not brave enough to try them.

50mg left me stoned for far too long and induced a lot of anxiety as it was the night before my flight home and I was terrified of going through security with all my leftover candy (FWIW, they don't give a poo poo).

Antioch
Apr 18, 2003
Smoking a lefty in the smoker's lounge outside the airport then going through security with 15g in a jar is a trip. Once you're through the best thing to do is chow down on a couple squares of chocolate then zone out until you land. God bless :canada:

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

why does this have Smythe's face?

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Cspam trump thread. It made me laugh.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
Tried 20 mg today and I heroically managed to hold off without sleeping for about 3 hours. Holy crap man, I'm still kinda high. Epic. I love these loving things lmfao

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Harton posted:

Cspam trump thread. It made me laugh.

Thanks I thought I was way too high earlier and seeing things. :2bong:

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I'm going camping for like 7 days and guys, I'm gonna get real fuckin high

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

bagmonkey posted:

I'm going camping for like 7 days and guys, I'm gonna get real fuckin high

My high camping experience was more "I'm gonna lay in a tent and be scared of birds and wind."

red19fire
May 26, 2010

klapman posted:

Got the edibles! They're little sour patch kid things, they taste pretty good. Only took one to start since I haven't smoked or eaten any weed in 5 months

I got a package of these recently as well as a gift. It says each piece is 50 mg. I generally try to dose my vaporizer to 15-20mg per dose so this will be an interesting trip. Halving a sour patch watermelon is so weird.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

sigher posted:

It took until the second or third time i tried it for me to get proper effects, I was probably not inhaling it enough at first

CoolRanch
Apr 5, 2019

sigher posted:

You probably didn't inhale and keep it there deep enough, my friend!

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude

interwhat posted:

Manager and director going to the higher ups to go to bat for me. I agreed to take a test again if I have to but I suggested maybe we should push the it's just weed and what if I'm prescribed it(Ohio) which would be my own business(right?)

Anyway, feeling better that I'm wanted to join the team based on my meeting and experience alone.

Still absolutely drowning in anxiety and depression and not having gently caress all to do to make money, though. Thanks for the positivity, goons, it really does help, a lot. Gonna try to stop by this thread more often

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
Oh I want to talk edibles. Anyone have any experience with the extremely close sour patch kids knockoff gummies? I want to say the bag of ten kids is total 75mg?

My neighbor gets them and on the order list, but the bags are $60 now from $50, and it seems a little high. I would do one a day, split morning and afternoon ideally, but God drat are they the perfect thing for me, no added weed anxiety, very minimal plantars fasciitis pain, just general healthy feels.

And has any Ohio goons gone through the medical process to get a card and can you make a recommendation?

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
lmfao... I took one gummy a couple hours ago, and then took 2 about 5 minutes ago. story of our lives, the first ones starting to hit and doing it well

see you all on the other side of the plains

red19fire posted:

I got a package of these recently as well as a gift. It says each piece is 50 mg. I generally try to dose my vaporizer to 15-20mg per dose so this will be an interesting trip. Halving a sour patch watermelon is so weird.

lmao, yeah

these ended up being 10 mg a piece but im on 3 of them right now

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Antioch posted:

Smoking a lefty in the smoker's lounge outside the airport then going through security with 15g in a jar is a trip. Once you're through the best thing to do is chow down on a couple squares of chocolate then zone out until you land. God bless :canada:

Edibles before flights are a game changer.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mmmmmmmmm :mamacita:

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Last night I found the best way to evaporate iso.

- get a saucepan with convex glass lid. it needs to have no breather holes and test it first to make sure it is 100% sealed (like if it has a handle in the glass, make sure its got rubber seals around the bolts)
- fill the pot with lotsa water
- flip the lid upside down and put it on the pot over the water
- start boiling the water
- add the QWISO to the glass lid

the double-boiler nature means that the water boils into steam, heats the glass, and in turn heats the QWISO to speed up evaporation of the iso and as an added bonus, keeps the hash oil warm so its always pooling at the very bottom of the glass lid.

this is gonna be way easier to scrape up than in my flat pyrex dish.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Did like 70mg of edible and 10mg of adderall. Worked hard all day and my feet and legs hurt, so I'm gonna fly.

interwhat posted:

At least he made an overture of possibly letting it slide! He was under no obligation to be cool about it, he could have just said it was policy and that was it.

I really hate weed is still tested for, that we're even tested at all.

former glory
Jul 11, 2011

Antioch posted:

First time I bought some post legalization was out in New Brunswick and I put an assortment of oil and flower in my carry-on, because we didn't have actual stores in my prov. I told the guy working the x-ray belt that I had "a bunch of weed in there" and he was all "yeah man, cool!"

Anyway, that's my story. :canada:

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
happy august strain release day to one and all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

The Walrus posted:

happy august strain release day to one and all

yikes i hope those price ranges are starting at a quarter or half