Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

they could wait until he's out of office. the IRGC seem like the kind of guys who hold onto grudges over the long term
Plus there's the fact that Trump backstabbed Soleimani after laundering money to him for so long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

animist
Aug 28, 2018

GWBBQ posted:

Plus there's the fact that Trump backstabbed Soleimani after laundering money to him for so long.

wait what

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Throatwarbler posted:

OK but wasn't Bush always an advocate for some kind of immigration reform? I seem to recall it was one of the few sane things that he was trying to do before 9/11so it's not really so much that he changed.
ICE was created under Bush, and like others have pointed out, immigration reform means allowing an oppressed immigrant underclass of cheap labor which historically american capitalists have loved

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

GWBBQ posted:

????

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

Al-Saqr posted:

No it wasn’t you’re just a psychotic idiot.

was there ever a chance the salafi wouldn't have rolled over and coopted the democratic opposition tho. feels like if that window of opportunity was ever open it closed for good by mid 2012.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

gh0stpinballa posted:

was there ever a chance the salafi wouldn't have rolled over and coopted the democratic opposition tho. feels like if that window of opportunity was ever open it closed for good by mid 2012.

You’re right people should never ever free themselves of death cult fascism ever especially after that death cult fascists made sure to murder every leftist/liberal they could grab and purposefully set it up so their only viable opposition would be salafists.

You’re right at that point people shouldn’t free themselves for their own sake (and literal physical survival) they should just immediately surrender and get tortured to death quietly in the camps.

People should be loving free of fascism first, then worry about possible scenarios after the main evil is defeated. Sadly that didn’t happen in Syria. So now death cult fascism remains and all hope for any kind of decent or humane future is gone until a force rises that can fight and win against Russia and Iran. Congrats I guess.

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

Al-Saqr posted:

You’re right people should never ever free themselves of death cult fascism ever especially after that death cult fascists made sure to murder every leftist/liberal they could grab and purposefully set it up so their only viable opposition would be salafists.

You’re right at that point people shouldn’t free themselves for their own sake (and literal physical survival) they should just immediately surrender and get tortured to death quietly in the camps.

People should be loving free of fascism first, then worry about possible scenarios after the main evil is defeated. Sadly that didn’t happen in Syria. So now death cult fascism remains and all hope for any kind of decent or humane future is gone until a force rises that can fight and win against Russia and Iran. Congrats I guess.

what the hell, who is saying people should never free themselves. what is this unhinged shrieking. stop it.

uncop
Oct 23, 2010

Al-Saqr posted:

People don’t deserve support just for being more sympathetic than their opponents. In this case, the side they ended up fighting for for had to be progressive enough to be able to free people from fascism in the first place! Were the rebelling Libyan minorities not sympathetic? Too bad that in practice they ended up fighting for open air slave markets to be a thing.

Pajser
Jan 28, 2006

animist posted:

wait what

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...s-a8861736.html

it wasnt him specifically, it was for IRGC through the Azerbaijani transport minister. And this implicates Ivanka than Donald himself.

Doubtful Iran has strong urges for revenge for this thing, as there are sooooooooo many others more painful.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

uncop posted:

People don’t deserve support just for being more sympathetic than their opponents. In this case, the side they ended up fighting for for had to be progressive enough to be able to free people from fascism in the first place! Were the rebelling Libyan minorities not sympathetic? Too bad that in practice they ended up fighting for open air slave markets to be a thing.

Listen I’m not gonna even bother debating People anymore on this poo poo anymore it’s pretty clear you guys don’t give a poo poo about whether the Middle East will ever be free of fascist dictatorship or not and that it only boils down to ‘are they on MY side of an imaginary Cold War that only exists in my head’ or not. And your constant loving straw manning about the probabilities of bad things might happen when an insane cruel dictator is gone.

Also, in Libya right now the main reason why things haven’t cooled down in a positive direction is that right now every fascist-aligned dictatorship in the region is funding and arming an insane criminal general to destroy the internationally recognized government. That same insane general by the way is allied to many crazed salafist madkhali slaver types if that’s your big hang up.

I personally would rather live in a world where Gaddafi, Assad, Mubarak, Sisi and the rest are gone so that there can be some kind of reform possible even if there’s a hosed up painful transition.

Peoples humanity and dignity are more than enough to suppport them against their fascist dictators. People deserve to not be skinned alive for writing an article or be starved to death in a mukhabarat prison over having an opinion. Talking to people like you online just really cements that you guys truly have no loving idea how evil these dictators are and how they completely destroy their countries inside out. I have no more sympathy for western leftists who have really dont give a poo poo about Arab or Muslim human life and dignity depending on which side of the narrative they’ve cooked up in their heads they happen to land on.

Al-Saqr has issued a correction as of 12:38 on Aug 11, 2020

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/AskAKorean/status/1293028393655705601?p=v

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Savvy technocrats from the imperial core always perfectly understand the baser motivations and low cunning of the barbarians on the periphery

Egg Moron has issued a correction as of 13:25 on Aug 11, 2020

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

animist posted:

wait what
The Trump Organization was actively laundering money from Azerbaijan to the IRGC until after the 2016 election
https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2017/03/13/donald-trumps-worst-deal

Look into the names mentioned in the article and it's clear that they were working for Soleimani, who was tasked with procuring missile guidance systems or the money to develop them..

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna

Al-Saqr posted:

I personally would rather live in a world where Gaddafi, Assad, Mubarak, Sisi and the rest are gone so that there can be some kind of reform possible even if there’s a hosed up painful transition.

"العلويون الى قبورهم" is a hell of a 'painful transition'

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

weird how we keep killing all these evil guys but the situations not getting any better and they keep getting replaced with eviler guys why its almost as if the actual goal has nothing to do with reform at all and a neverending painful transition is just supposed to be the status quo

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Zedhe Khoja posted:

"العلويون الى قبورهم" is a hell of a 'painful transition'

Ah yeah as opposed to Assad’s Chief of Military Intelligence saying “ We can live with 5 million loyal citizens rather than 20 million traitors” or the fact that 80% of all civilian deaths was primarily done by Assad and the opening statement of Assad when his people asked for elections was to have his men mutilate and cut the dick off of a 12 year old child and dump it on his families garden but go off king.

80% of the population deserve human rights and freedom you know, it’s a classic colonialist tactic to prey on minorities fears of the ‘unwashed masses’ taking back control of the country. Wow it’s almost as if the whole point of staffing the entire leadership of the military intelligence and mukhabarat and stuff like that under the sect that the dictator is was to put them in that exact position of forcing them to be in the same boat of the dictator. Huh strange how that works. Strange how you kinda ignore how Assad didn’t have enough men to win his war against his own people so he had to import masses of crazed sectarian psychos from Iraq, Lebanon and Afghanistan and Iran to fight his war for Him and even then it only took Russia’s military to help him win in the end. Sectarianism goes both ways.

Al-Saqr has issued a correction as of 15:50 on Aug 11, 2020

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
cry about assad more

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Darkman Fanpage posted:

cry about assad more

Keep being a nazi I guess. Don’t worry you psycho, democracy will win no matter how much fascist bitches like you squeal.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
sorry your jihadis lost.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Darkman Fanpage posted:

sorry your jihadis lost.

Sorry you’re a nazi.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
lol

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
calling people nazis when they disagree with you really is your go to isnt it?

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
:wrongful: :wrongful: :wrongful:

what this thread needs is peace and development, not internecine warfare or shitflinging

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Darkman Fanpage posted:

calling people nazis when they disagree with you really is your go to isnt it?

If you support nazi fascist governments winning wars against their own people then yeah it’s gonna be a go to of mine.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

:wrongful: :wrongful: :wrongful:

what this thread needs is peace and development, not internecine warfare or shitflinging

Ok I will respect your request and won’t speak on this further

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
so haftar is like the mr. magoo of libya. he repeatedly fails in the most comical ways only to somehow reemerge like it wasn't a thing. he drove gaddafi's army into a mass grave in chad in the 1980s and then reemerged -- head miraculously still attached to his body -- managing a 7/11 in northern virginia down the street from the CIA headquarters, then reappeared in libya where he destroyed another army outside tripoli... and now he's back again... with a brand new music video. kinda boring though... doesn't even have guys jumping through flaming hula hoops

"sleepy" khalifa haftar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_foUx40nNw

BrutalistMcDonalds has issued a correction as of 16:05 on Aug 11, 2020

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

i feel like i asked this al-saqr a pretty good faith question about the crucial shift in the nature of the rebellion, when they feel the syrian uprising had been too thoroughly coopted by takfiri to pivot back to its ostensible anti-assad/pro-democracy origins. but he just "went off" at me as if i was saying i love assad, i didn't even bring the guy up. what the hell.

like "christians to beirut alawites to the grave" was/is a slogan deployed by many in the opposition. you can't just wish away the extremist sectarian element and pretend it had more staying power than the liberal reformers because assad is a bad guy, or whatever it is you're arguing here.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Al-Saqr posted:

Ok I will respect your request and won’t speak on this further
actually that wasn't really directed at you but let's all take a step back and chill for a moment since we're probably not going to solve all of these problems ITT

thatfatkid
Feb 20, 2011

by Azathoth
genocidal taqfiri jihadist militias funded by NATO/US should be able to genocide non-sunni and attempt to establish theocratic states as they please. it is downright despicable of Assad to solely and singlehandedly slaughter those brave sunni martyrs.

thatfatkid has issued a correction as of 16:27 on Aug 11, 2020

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Stringent posted:

I've no doubt that he's reflected on his past misdeeds and grown into a compassionate man who should be tried and executed for his crimes at The Hague.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Pajser posted:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...s-a8861736.html

it wasnt him specifically, it was for IRGC through the Azerbaijani transport minister. And this implicates Ivanka than Donald himself.

Doubtful Iran has strong urges for revenge for this thing, as there are sooooooooo many others more painful.

the IRGC killing ivanka as revenge for soleimani would actually the both the best and most hilarious thing they could do since out of all of his kids she seems to be the least rockfuck stupid

it also takes away a mistress from trump

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gringostar posted:

the IRGC killing ivanka as revenge for soleimani would actually the both the best and most hilarious thing they could do since out of all of his kids she seems to be the least rockfuck stupid

holky gently caress Iran would be glassed within the hour, I don’t think they’re ready to escalate things to that level just yet.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Fly Molo posted:

holky gently caress Iran would be glassed within the hour, I don’t think they’re ready to escalate things to that level just yet.

i meant after he's out of office

obviously if they did that while he was in office trump would launch every nuke we have at iran

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Gringostar posted:

It would be just as funny if they hit Jared

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Spergin Morlock posted:

It would be just as funny if they hit Jared

https://i.imgur.com/c7NJRa2.gifv

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gringostar posted:

i meant after he's out of office

obviously if they did that while he was in office trump would launch every nuke we have at iran

oh, then yeah, that’s the kind of retaliation I’d expect to see for such a brazen assassination of a beloved public figure.

I’d also settle for Jared, but MBS might get his rear end first after things sour between them.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
https://twitter.com/RenwarNajm/status/1293189413392982016?s=19

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Turkey just been smashing its dick all over norther Iraq and Syria for years

Really got me thinking that the middle east could get destabilized one of these days

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Egg Moron posted:

Turkey just been smashing its dick all over norther Iraq and Syria for years

Really got me thinking that the middle east could get destabilized one of these days

Don't be ridiculous. NATO members would never be so irresponsible as to contribute to the destabilisation of the Middle East

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
Brigade general seems a pretty high ranked guy to just wack

Syncopated has issued a correction as of 20:22 on Aug 11, 2020