Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Platystemon posted:

Big Mac is a cake. :hmmyes:

Taxonomically, it's like:

DOMAIN: Food
KINGDOM: Not Soup
PHYLUM: Starch-based
CLASS: Sandwich
ORDER: Carnivora
FAMILY: McDonald's
GENUS: Burger
SPECIES: Biggus mackus classicus

e: this would be funnier if I spoke Latin
ee: clarified nomenclature

Fleta Mcgurn has a new favorite as of 15:12 on Aug 11, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Lemniscate Blue posted:

What, exactly, is the "sh&#^*t" that gamers get done besides harassing women off the Internet?

Games, presumably.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Lemniscate Blue posted:

What, exactly, is the "sh&#^*t" that gamers get done besides harassing women off the Internet?

harassing non-whites and lgbtq people off the internet as well

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Spanish Manlove posted:

harassing non-whites and lgbtq people off the internet as well

But jerking off TO them ON the internet.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Mackus Rex

Griefor
Jun 11, 2009

Lemniscate Blue posted:

The print of my rear end in my couch didn't make itself

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

That's a misidentified specimen of Whopperus rex, but it's a common misconception even amongst mincedmeatologists.

e: I don't believe in the Interburgin' Hypothesis, do you?

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

That's a misidentified specimen of Whopperus rex, but it's a common misconception even amongst mincedmeatologists.

e: I don't believe in the Interburgin' Hypothesis, do you?

It had some credibility, but that was before the identification of the Pup 'N' Taco Boundary.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Shouldn't the family be BURGER and the Genus be McDonalds? Not all Burgers are McDonalds. (But also not all McDonald's are burgers.) Hmm...

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Living in a society, I suppose.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Captain Hygiene posted:

Once again it is time to proselytize for my belief that people can technically be referred to as "bone calzones"

Fuckin' dying over here at "bone calzones."

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

CzarChasm posted:

Shouldn't the family be BURGER and the Genus be McDonalds? Not all Burgers are McDonalds. (But also not all McDonald's are burgers.) Hmm...

My feeling was that most burgers are more or less similar, so it made more sense to classify them as products of X manufacturer first, then by phenotype. Otherwise we're gonna have just all kinds of clades sticking out all over the place, just...a big mess o' clades.

Plus, if by entering an Olive Garden, you become family, then all food produced by that Olive Garden must be in the same family. And if you are what you eat, well...I don't know if you're ready for the taxonomic implications, but you might actually be a pasta Alfredo.

elise the great
May 1, 2012

You do not have to be good. You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.
“”””Gamers”””” crack me up like bitchboy please, you didn’t invent gaming culture, you invented incel culture. gently caress off and let the big girls play nethack in peace.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

You know it's a joke image, right

Anyway I'm a fossilized gamer, I even played Half-Life 2

e: although I have no doubt that most people who played net hack were/are big girls, and boys

Phlegmish has a new favorite as of 18:31 on Aug 11, 2020

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Platystemon posted:

Well it has as much sugar as one.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Going by the number of letters/characters:

Shotput?
Sherbet?
Shabbat?

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

shart it, during one of their continuous 12-hour gaming sessions

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Starting a new game of Stardew Valley while housing an entire thing of rainbow sherbet sounds pretty fuckin' good right now

I hope this does not make me a Gamer :ohdear:

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Pastry of the Year posted:

Starting a new game of Stardew Valley while housing an entire thing of rainbow sherbet sounds pretty fuckin' good right now

It's too late, the sickness is inside you

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Pastry of the Year posted:

No, it makes you a genius. Or a pre-teen. Or both!

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Get down with the sickness and learn Fortnite dances.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Oh, wah ah ah ah.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Gee donkey donkey donk!

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

gamerophobia is such an ugly thing

i just wish that people could let go of their anger

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-09gNDsPzQ

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Platystemon posted:

McDonald's here cannot legally refer to their burger buns as "bread" because their ingredients automatically classify them as cakes.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I'm going to rip the guts out of a Big Mac and sandwich (:haw:) them between two brownies.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

McDonald's here cannot legally refer to their burger buns as "bread" because their ingredients automatically classify them as cakes.

That sounds like one of those email forwards that gets passed around and everyone believes despite it not being true. On google I see that people think the pickles are to stop it from being classified as a desert which also looks to be pretty untrue.

And if “here” is the UK, the definition of cakes is far from automatic! There was a pretty interesting legal case about it:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/amp/magazine-38985820

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

And then everyone in the theater applauded?

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

And then everyone in the theater applauded?

The phrase "doobiest maximas" is in fact derived from the theater

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

aardwolf posted:

S is for Susan, in a snake's belly

T is for Timmy, crushed by the telly

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

Collateral Damage posted:

Well it has as much sugar as one.

A big mac has 9g sugar out of 219g, or 4.1% sugar. A slice of angel food cake, which is the first poo poo that popped up when I typed "cake nutrition" into google, has 15g sugar out of 50g, or 30% sugar.

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

augh

Stop loving making up dumb stuff to make Big Macs sound unhealthy, when a.) we all know they're unhealthy already, you don't need to tell us, and b.) there are plenty of actual facts you could be using!

There's more to healthy nutrition than "does this have sugar in it," and Big Macs are unhealthy even though they don't have very much sugar. This all should be extremely loving obvious to anyone who has even the most rudimentary understanding of human nutrition and the contents of a hamburger.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

DontMockMySmock posted:

A big mac has 9g sugar out of 219g, or 4.1% sugar. A slice of angel food cake, which is the first poo poo that popped up when I typed "cake nutrition" into google, has 15g sugar out of 50g, or 30% sugar.

augh

Stop loving making up dumb stuff to make Big Macs sound unhealthy, when a.) we all know they're unhealthy already, you don't need to tell us, and b.) there are plenty of actual facts you could be using!

There's more to healthy nutrition than "does this have sugar in it," and Big Macs are unhealthy even though they don't have very much sugar. This all should be extremely loving obvious to anyone who has even the most rudimentary understanding of human nutrition and the contents of a hamburger.

But did you know the milk shakes are made from unrendered pig fat!?!?!

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

One of my dumber direct reports wrote the following on a lesson plan:

What is my hand made of?
It is made of fingers!

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

One of my dumber direct reports wrote the following on a lesson plan:

What is my hand made of?
It is made of fingers!

My hand is made of the blood that punching them in the face repeatedly produced.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

DontMockMySmock posted:

augh

Uh

A big mac also contains non-bun ingredients. As far as google knows, the bun itself is 15% sugar, which is crazy high, and equivalent to the USDA definition Google uses for cookies.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Who the gently caress orders just the bun?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Anacondas.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

:vince:

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

https://www.gocomics.com/bloomcounty/2016/07/13

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

I SCREAMED