Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Skyarb posted:

I used to work kitchens when I was younger. I remember when I would do dishes most kitchen would have these super high pressure sprayers in the sink. I'm guessing you can't get pressure high enough in a house to really get one for the home could you?

Try a bidet and your imagination

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

MMMPH MMMPPHH MPPPH GLUCK GLUCK OH SORRY I DIDNT SEE YOU THERE I WAS JUST CHOKING DOWN THIS BATTLEFIELD COCK DID YOU KNOW BATTLEFIELD IS THE BEST VIDEO GAME EVER NOW IF YOULL EXCUSE ME ILL GO BACK TO THIS BATTLECOCK

pseudanonymous posted:

My cousin was a chef and had his kitchen remodeled and he has one.

Trying to search on Google all I get are the wimpy detachable sprayers with the showerhead like streams. I am not sure where to find what exactly I'm looking for

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Skyarb posted:

Trying to search on Google all I get are the wimpy detachable sprayers with the showerhead like streams. I am not sure where to find what exactly I'm looking for

I think he got it from a restaurant supply place

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Something like this?

https://www.webstaurantstore.com/assure-parts-1-15-gpm-wall-mounted-pre-rinse-assembly-with-8-centers-and-12-add-on-faucet/190FPRSFA12K.html

e: "commercial sink sprayer" is what you want to google.
I've seen redone home kitchens with them in it, including a floating version that doesn't need the wall mount, for island sinks.

There's no reason a house can't dish out that pressure, unless your house has an unusually small service line. However you may need to re-plumb a bigger supply line to your sink (or you might not idk!).

alnilam fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Aug 11, 2020

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Also, I feel like this goes without saying, but you are going to want a really tall-walled and deep/wide sink if you are going to have a commercial sprayer.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

1redflag posted:

Also, I feel like this goes without saying, but you are going to want a really tall-walled and deep/wide sink if you are going to have a commercial sprayer.

Really you should for any sprayer. I had to change my faucet and got one with a sprayer last year but because my house was designed and built by drunk idiots my cabinets can only accept a mobile home or bar sink and so I have this lovely stainless steel sink that is less than 6" deep. If you use the sprayer you have to judge the angle it will rebound at or you will get water everywhere.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Yeah if you have a powerful sprayer it's gonna splatter all over the place

I had a faucet, I think it was Water Ridge, where the sprayer was shockingly strong for a consumer faucet. It splashed water all over the place but boy did that thing scrape dishes. Every faucet I've had ever since has had a sadly anemic sprayer.

Sometimes I'll walk alone at night and look up at the stars and sigh thinking about it

Happiness Commando
Feb 1, 2002
$$ joy at gunpoint $$

If you don't put on a full rain suit before doing dishes you're doing it wrong

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Need central vac, but wet-dry.

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.

Steve Yun posted:

Yeah if you have a powerful sprayer it's gonna splatter all over the place

I had a faucet, I think it was Water Ridge, where the sprayer was shockingly strong for a consumer faucet. It splashed water all over the place but boy did that thing scrape dishes. Every faucet I've had ever since has had a sadly anemic sprayer.

Sometimes I'll walk alone at night and look up at the stars and sigh thinking about it
Any faucet manufactured (in the US) after 1994 is required to come with a pressure regulator that limits flow to 2.2 GPM. In a lot of them this is just a little plastic cartridge that fits in behind the aerator, and if you're not getting the pressure you want out of, for example, a pull-out kitchen sprayer you can usually just open the head and pop the pressure regulator out.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

SubG posted:

Any faucet manufactured (in the US) after 1994 is required to come with a pressure regulator that limits flow to 2.2 GPM. In a lot of them this is just a little plastic cartridge that fits in behind the aerator, and if you're not getting the pressure you want out of, for example, a pull-out kitchen sprayer you can usually just open the head and pop the pressure regulator out.

The Water Ridge I had was from 2010 so I'm pretty sure it had a regulator, but the nozzles on it were tiny pinholes that had thinner streams but with much higher velocity

Not gonna pop out any regulators any time soon with the water prices in California...

captkirk
Feb 5, 2010

Steve Yun posted:

Not gonna pop out any regulators any time soon with the water prices in California...

Plus it's probably a felony in CA.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Steve Yun posted:

The Water Ridge I had was from 2010 so I'm pretty sure it had a regulator, but the nozzles on it were tiny pinholes that had thinner streams but with much higher velocity

:uhaul:

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

MMMPH MMMPPHH MPPPH GLUCK GLUCK OH SORRY I DIDNT SEE YOU THERE I WAS JUST CHOKING DOWN THIS BATTLEFIELD COCK DID YOU KNOW BATTLEFIELD IS THE BEST VIDEO GAME EVER NOW IF YOULL EXCUSE ME ILL GO BACK TO THIS BATTLECOCK

Steve Yun posted:

In California, but I pay an average of five bucks a month on water... (And I took the regulator out of my showerhead)

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Skyarb posted:

In California, but I pay an average of five bucks a month on water... (And I took the regulator out of my showerhead)

Christ, what? I’m at half of the per capita water consumption for my area and I still pay like $30-$35/mo.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
how the gently caress are your water bills that low? I'm in SC and I'm paying $60/month minimum

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Empty Sandwich posted:

how the gently caress are your water bills that low? I'm in SC and I'm paying $60/month minimum

we’re billed quarterly, but after digging a little deeper & extrapolating over that period I’m actually closer to 1/3rd of the per capita per day usage for my county, meaning the average person is paying somewhere between like $90-100/mo. for water

also I guess I grew up in a desert, but I can’t fathom how people are using that much water like for real

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
I pay that much for water and I live on a great lake in Canada, lol

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
$120 water & sewer, every 2 months in N.C.
Fake edit, my wife says $78 mo. It's the only bill in her name that she pays so I haven't seen it in years.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

i pay less than $5 a month for water

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Also about Canada, what is a good place to buy a nice general purpose wooden cutting board to put on my island? I've found a few recommendations but they're mostly American or have high shipping fees.

excellent bird guy
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747
Can I make my own pizza in an air fryer? I might not have access to an oven anymore.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

excellent bird guy posted:

Can I make my own pizza in an air fryer? I might not have access to an oven anymore.

Depends on the type, if it's just a convection oven, probably yes, especially if you have a pizza stone. If it's one of the ones that blows everything around inside you may have a cheese disaster.

xtal fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Aug 13, 2020

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

excellent bird guy posted:

Absolutely. You can just toss all of the ingredients in the air fryer and turn it on. As they cook, their specific gravities will separate them into the normal layering you'd expect with a pizza. I like to toss in a little chipotle for some of that latin kick.

excellent bird guy
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747
I'd love to use the air fryer to make bread rise, and things like that. I heard it was an oven substitute for people in apartments, or in my case hotels. Which one should I buy?

Sous Videodrome
Apr 9, 2020

What's a good probe thermometer suitable for use in the oven and in a smoker?

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

Sous Videodrome posted:

If you are fine with needing to be in hearing distance of the thing: https://www.thermoworks.com/ChefAlarm
If you want a bit of wireless range: https://www.thermoworks.com/Smoke
If you need lots of wireless range + fan/temp control: https://www.thermoworks.com/smokex which can combo with this https://www.thermoworks.com/billows-smokex-fan-kit

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
dang that's cool they have a device that does 4 probes and billows control...I definitely am conflicted on getting that or a fireboard 2 or digiQ.

but im unemployed so either way I'll have to wait

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

xtal posted:

Also about Canada, what is a good place to buy a nice general purpose wooden cutting board to put on my island? I've found a few recommendations but they're mostly American or have high shipping fees.

It's not end grain but the Aptitlig from IKEA is basically free and gets the job done. Anything actually nice you'd have to look around local kitchen supply places. If you're in Vancouver check out The Gourmet Warehouse.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!

Sous Videodrome posted:

I have a weber iGrill from before weber bought that company (it's got some other dumb name but looks the same). It works really well, I think the probe cables are safe to 500? The bluetooth range isn't great but it works well enough for checking the smoker temp on the deck from the living room. Batteries last a long time and having two probes is handy when smoking, one for the meat and one for the air temp.

excellent bird guy
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747

The Midniter posted:

Absolutely. You can just toss all of the ingredients in the air fryer and turn it on. As they cook, their specific gravities will separate them into the normal layering you'd expect with a pizza. I like to toss in a little chipotle for some of that latin kick.

O_o

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
My wife has expressed an interest in getting a new blender. Is the goon consensus on blenders still "get a Vitamix you coward"?

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

C-Euro posted:

My wife has expressed an interest in getting a new blender. Is the goon consensus on blenders still "get a Vitamix you coward"?

Yeah, I think vitamix and blendtec are held in equally high regard. I have a vitamix and love it. Get anything other than the bottom-end one that doesn't have variable speed. You can find good deals on vitamix's refurb site

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.seriouseats.com/2014/12/high-end-blender-test-equipment-breville-vitamix-blendtec-review.html

Personally I love my refurb Vitamix, and they're very easy to get

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

C-Euro posted:

I actually use the blutooth app, too. Pop in the stuff, hit smoothie, wait till it's done.

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
What’s the opinion on the original vitamix versus the ascent one. I used the tall skinny one for years but my mother has it now. Thinking about which one to add to my wishlist

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
Cross posting from the general question thread.

stealie72 posted:

Hey GWS, it's been forever since I've posted in here because 3 kids means I don't have much time for fancy cooking like I did a decade ago.

But, need a recommendation for a waffle iron if anyone has one they can recommend.

NOT a belgian iron. Just a plain old fashioned thin-waffle iron. It seems like everything good is belgian, and our Kohls special one just died (and was crappy anyway) so don't want to replace it with another $15 special.

Would love one that can cook quickly or more than one at once, because of feeding aforementioned 3 kids that are rapidly progressing to their teen years.

Any recommendations?

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

stealie72 posted:

Hey GWS, it's been forever since I've posted in here because 3 kids means I don't have much time for fancy cooking like I did a decade ago.

But, need a recommendation for a waffle iron if anyone has one they can recommend.

NOT a belgian iron. Just a plain old fashioned thin-waffle iron. It seems like everything good is belgian, and our Kohls special one just died (and was crappy anyway) so don't want to replace it with another $15 special.

Would love one that can cook quickly or more than one at once, because of feeding aforementioned 3 kids that are rapidly progressing to their teen years.

Any recommendations?

If you have $200, either the Breville or All Clad make square classic 4x4 waffles and are well reviewed

If you’re on a budget NYT says this is good
https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/product/cuisinart-reg-classic-round-waffle-maker/1011905145

There used to be a bunch of good Chefs Choice classic waffle irons but they seem to be out of print unless you want heart shaped waffles

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

Steve Yun posted:

If you have $200, either the Breville or All Clad make square classic 4x4 waffles and are well reviewed

If you’re on a budget NYT says this is good
https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/product/cuisinart-reg-classic-round-waffle-maker/1011905145

There used to be a bunch of good Chefs Choice classic waffle irons but they seem to be out of print unless you want heart shaped waffles

Aren't all of those Belgian?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
I asked the same thing a bit back:

[redacted bc the link doesn't work]

I still haven't bought one, bc the recommendations were out of stock

edit: what the hey...

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3749739&pagenumber=138&perpage=40

Empty Sandwich fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Aug 17, 2020