Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
Summertime extra chonk supermoto wannabe

(don't worry, it won't roll off the stand lmao)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

Is that first road Page Mill?

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

Toe Rag posted:

Is that first road Page Mill?

Pinehurst road behind Oakland. The other is Grizzly Peak

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

cursedshitbox posted:

Summertime extra chonk supermoto wannabe

(don't worry, it won't roll off the stand lmao)

It looks like a sequence missing the third picture where it's on it's side :v:

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

That looks like a good time!

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Another moped in the fleet. 1980 Motobecane Traveler. In generally good condition, just needs some tidying up - new petcock, a new coil for extra insurance, and some light troubleshooting to figure out why it doesn’t love starting in the heat.

The boy with the new purchase

https://youtu.be/ASQqGwDklrc

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
As a yellow Moby (and blue Moby) owner my self I can confirm that that bike is: Nice

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

As is that Dreamcast shirt, love it

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

cursedshitbox posted:

Pinehurst road behind Oakland. The other is Grizzly Peak

Ah. It reminds me of this. I need to make my way over there one of these days.

I went up to Skaggs Spring Rd today. My rear end is killing me. I always forget to take pictures. Here's one.

Also came across a huge landslide which I guess the county turned into a dirt road.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Some good rides ITT

Revvik
Jul 29, 2006
Fun Shoe

Well. Not mine, but a friend wanted to get into motorcycling and her class isn’t until September. She’s impatient and bought a bike anyways to watch videos on clutch control, basics, etc.

I’d talk poo poo about it, but that’s what I did, and I’m mostly intact. Anyways, I got to take her ex500 on a 2 hour trip home from the seller. Fun! gently caress is it cramped, though.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Revvik posted:

Well. Not mine, but a friend wanted to get into motorcycling and her class isn’t until September. She’s impatient and bought a bike anyways to watch videos on clutch control, basics, etc.

I’d talk poo poo about it, but that’s what I did, and I’m mostly intact. Anyways, I got to take her ex500 on a 2 hour trip home from the seller. Fun! gently caress is it cramped, though.

How tall are you?

Those are great bikes.

Revvik
Jul 29, 2006
Fun Shoe
6’1”. My legs just felt really tight against me. I’m pretty sure I could drop the pegs a little and move the grips around and be more comfortable. It really was pretty fun, I may have to watch for one.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Revvik posted:

6’1”. My legs just felt really tight against me. I’m pretty sure I could drop the pegs a little and move the grips around and be more comfortable. It really was pretty fun, I may have to watch for one.

Yeah, that makes sense. I'm 5'10", and after the bit of time I spent on one, I decided I wouldn't have wanted a street bike that was any smaller than that one, in terms of ergos.

Springfield Fatts
May 24, 2010
Pillbug

Just picked up a 2006 Sprint ST. 26k miles for $3200.

Good: Bike nice. A little top-heavy, and the brakes aren't the strongest. No mechanical issues (so far), and PO had records it had the 24k big service done. Some light corrosion on the brake pads but nothing too bad. Came with some goodies like the panniers, a tank bag, battery tender and alternate seat.

Bad: Holy god this thing is hot. I knew about the underseat exhaust being warm, but the heat vent from the body panels cooked the poo poo out of my right leg. I had heat rash even through my suit after I got it home. Triumph knew about it and released a heat shield kit which I ordered the next day.

Ugly: Bike was dropped when trying to move it, resulting in scrapes on the left side and that mirror being loose. Also cracked the windscreen but I wasn't in love with the low-profile black one that's on there anyway. It's also got some very lovely bro-rear end tank grip I need to get off.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Nice! Those Sprints are so pretty.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

Springfield Fatts posted:

Bad: Holy god this thing is hot. I knew about the underseat exhaust being warm, but the heat vent from the body panels cooked the poo poo out of my right leg. I had heat rash even through my suit after I got it home. Triumph knew about it and released a heat shield kit which I ordered the next day.

My underseat exhaust makes it feel hotter to wear shorts while riding around than it does when I wear long pants. The trick is keep moving and don't stop.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
Ouch. Looks nice tho. Try standing up while moving to get some airflow down there?

Springfield Fatts
May 24, 2010
Pillbug
It isn't the seat/exhaust that's cooking me, its the heat coming off the fairing. The main frame is also really hot to the touch when running, which I have to put my calf against to grip the bike when doing any spirited turning. It's kind of alarming, my street triple (obviously smaller bore and naked of course) never got anywhere near this hot. I'm hoping this kit addresses the most of it.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
I'm sure there are some homebrew solutions as well, try searching the native message boards. People tend to out-engineer OEM poo poo like that very quickly

Supradog
Sep 1, 2004

A POOOST!?!??! YEEAAAAHHHH

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Help. They’re taking over.

1977 Puch Maxi I picked up today for $100 with a title. 90 minutes of cleaning and unsticking the piston and she runs! I have the side covers and air box in the garage. I ordered a new carb, petcock and throttle tube assembly just to sort it out fully as the carb seals are perished, the petcock is completely clogged, and the throttle tube is is semi broken. Total investment will be under $200 including the bike.

https://youtu.be/zX3RBsKn72g

The whole moped crew assembled. Four are currently running. I still have to take a pic of the big bikes all together

Imperador do Brasil fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Aug 8, 2020

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

This is amazing. Where are you, Iceland or something?

Supradog
Sep 1, 2004

A POOOST!?!??! YEEAAAAHHHH
Norway, near Hemsedal.
Mountain pass road made in the 70s? after the ski resort got upgraded in the local valley. Further on and a little more west you got some amazing winding fast gravel brapp roads.

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
Spent 10+ hrs Saturday riding with a buddy in the GA mtns. Got to ride his new XT225, which I loved. Also his built and finished Hawk GT (which I also loved).

But the best part was when he let me ride his new VStrom all day while he rode my hawk. I'd never been on a touringish bike before, and it was a revelation. Just the easiest thing in the world to ride all day long. Super comfy, fun to flick in corners, decent power, nice to stand up on.

I have always wanted a strom but now I definitely need one.

We also found a good use for his phone holder (snacks)

With the furs that bike looks like it is in it's natural habitat.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Coydog posted:

But the best part was when he let me ride his new VStrom all day while he rode my hawk. I'd never been on a touringish bike before, and it was a revelation. Just the easiest thing in the world to ride all day long. Super comfy, fun to flick in corners, decent power, nice to stand up on.

Real-time dadenning happening ITT.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Breathtaking views on my latest ride -- the sun reflecting off the Pizza Hut just made my soul sing and I had to stop to wipe the tears from my eyes.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Finally had a free morning so I washed the thing and went for a nice ride.

Can’t believe I’ve already had it over a year.

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib

Slavvy posted:

Real-time dadenning happening ITT.

I didn't even realize this but you are right. And riding through two rainstorms yesterday made me miss having a waterproof 1 piece...

Martytoof posted:

Breathtaking views on my latest ride -- the sun reflecting off the Pizza Hut just made my soul sing and I had to stop to wipe the tears from my eyes.

I can't get over how fully sick that looks without the decals and with the akra.

This is a good shot. My buddy and I were talking about how raced up and serious the new low displacement bikes look. I think that's a good thing, and obviously sells a lot of safer bikes to new riders.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Thanks! I think it looks pretty rad, even if it does suffer from a little bit of Kawasaki's latest Michael Bay Transformers design. Anything I could do to un-busy it was worth doing IMO.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Rolo posted:

Finally had a free morning so I washed the thing and went for a nice ride.

Can’t believe I’ve already had it over a year.

This is one of my favorite bikes on this forum and it would be 100% perfect with those terrible fork reflectors in the bin where they belong.

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi
:saddowns: Don't look at my site :saddowns:
I don't understand the reflector hate among motorcyclists

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
Loud noises save lives. Being seen doesn't. Easy.

I get that it's one of those things that manufacturers put on to meet regulations and expect you to bin right away, but I wish they would make cool reflectors. Make it a really cool triangle or weird shape. Make it the logo for the bike. Whatever.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Coydog posted:

This is a good shot. My buddy and I were talking about how raced up and serious the new low displacement bikes look. I think that's a good thing, and obviously sells a lot of safer bikes to new riders.

They've come a looooong way from that 2008 Ninja 250R refresh.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Slavvy posted:

This is one of my favorite bikes on this forum and it would be 100% perfect with those terrible fork reflectors in the bin where they belong.

Agreed; the R3 in white looks so damned good.

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

SEKCobra posted:

I don't understand the reflector hate among motorcyclists

they’re an afterthought in bike design so they’re not really integrated with anything so they usually look like rear end

there’s a reason they’re easily removable :D

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

It’s ridiculous how much better the R3 looks in white. I’ve seen a ton on the road and they never really catch my eye unless it’s a white model riding by. Something about it accentuates the lines and just .. wow.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Fun Shoe

Coydog posted:

Loud noises save lives. Being seen doesn't. Easy

I get that it's one of those things that manufacturers put on to meet regulations and expect you to bin right away, but I wish they would make cool reflectors. Make it a really cool triangle or weird shape. Make it the logo for the bike. Whatever.

Reflectors are pointless and always like the last thing attached to the bike designed by a completely separate team. They don't help anyway.

People pull in front of fire engines and trains all the time. Can't be seen if the driver's face is in a loving cellphone.

My bright orange shortbus and my bright orange gear is basically invisible. Run a quiet pipe for your own sanity, and for taking the stairs in places that might get you busted.

cursedshitbox fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Aug 11, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jcam
Jan 4, 2009

Yourhead

Had to restock the fridge so we don't descend further into cabin fever.