Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

forkboy84 posted:

I was listening to the Post Puroresu podcast today & WH Park was mad disrespectful to Kenoh & now I'm mad. Imagine not liking a wrestler who just kicks all the time???

But enough about Luchasaurus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

Jordan7hm posted:

As with a lot of moderation on this site, it depends on a) who the mod is b) who you are c) how funny your post is.

You calling people motherfuckers probably will result in sixers I think.

That isn't my usual style in one on one conversation, but I do feel that I need a sixer eventually.

The dude in your avatar kinda looks like the new NJPW guy who kinda looks like low effort Okada.

-----

Yukaichiban or whatever their name is is the wanker who bought me this lovely avatar to clown me, so I probably just shouldn't have defended them tbh.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
You have crossed the line…into diplomacy.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

collocation posted:

... I do feel that I need a sixer ....

Give em what they need MODS!!

Demtor
Apr 23, 2008

"...you won't be able to walk, if you're always worried about crushing the ants beneath you..."
I HIGHLY recommend listening to todays Wrestling Observer Radio at half speed. Drunken sounding derails by rambling Dave with slurred speech is pretty funny stuff.

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

Rick posted:

Oh no I have nostalgia for TNA. Truly proof that it is poison.

this used to get played in psptv a lot and its still very funny

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BxrOv-sh9IRGaGpWTklWWjhLRFU/edit

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Maybe one day bryan will realize that everyone else having bad internet problems means that it is probably on his end

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Paper Lion posted:

Lmao. Beautiful.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Paper Lion posted:

this is the only context this song is appropriate for

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

collocation posted:

No, I could be your father, but I prefer to throw in less formal verbal tics to deescalate the seriousness of a conversation, both in person and online.

Are you, like, a dick?

I enjoyed this post and am quoting it to enjoy all over again.

On the podcast front, I love WOR when Dave's super excited about an anniversary to the point that Bryan can't even finish saying the date. Today's is a genre classic.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

collocation posted:

The person with the lovely take that Dave responded to was talking about a Vice documentary where they showed adults buying photo books from children, so that wasn't something that they picked out of the ether. I would link the doc, but you need a Cable sub to unlock it now.
VICE TV is shockingly bad about YouTube enforcement, so the episode is here for now as well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4jfyWN8idc

collocation posted:

Many of their board members are no longer site members because they rarely if ever close board accounts after people unsub.
I have no idea if they've fixed this, but it was definitely the case on multiple versions of the board that board accounts weren't deactivated when a sub was up. It's probably a lot more people than Dave and Bryan realize, if nothing else.

And as someone who barely posts on forums anymore: Yes, this a remarkably polite, chill, and civil forum.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

davidbix posted:

And as someone who barely posts on forums anymore: Yes, this a remarkably polite, chill, and civil forum.

a shocking indictment of every other forum on the internet

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

davidbix posted:

VICE TV is shockingly bad about YouTube enforcement, so the episode is here for now as well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4jfyWN8idc

I have no idea if they've fixed this, but it was definitely the case on multiple versions of the board that board accounts weren't deactivated when a sub was up. It's probably a lot more people than Dave and Bryan realize, if nothing else.

back when rovert wasnt banned yet, any time someone on the board would post a speculative question he'd just quote them and type "wrestling observer subscriber." i remember, i dunno which poster, but someone just replied "i havent paid for my subscription in years i just post here" and bryan banned them

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

JOHN CENA posted:

back when rovert wasnt banned yet, any time someone on the board would post a speculative question he'd just quote them and type "wrestling observer subscriber." i remember, i dunno which poster, but someone just replied "i havent paid for my subscription in years i just post here" and bryan banned them

That has to be almost 10 years ago now because Robert was banned along time ago. And Bryan had to spend 10 minutes opening a B&V explaining why he was banned.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Dango Bango posted:

Dave reviewing BTE is becoming one of my favorite parts of Monday WOR episodes. It's so unintentionally funny.

It's always a great highlight.

GoutPatrol posted:

That has to be almost 10 years ago now because Robert was banned along time ago. And Bryan had to spend 10 minutes opening a B&V explaining why he was banned.

trevoR.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

GoutPatrol posted:

yeah i havent posted there in ages

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Give em what they need MODS!!

So uhm, this is kind of embarrassing, but it turns out that I had already received one awhile back and, due to the fact that I often go a fair amount of time without posting here, I had not even noticed it. So I did not, in fact, have the disgraceful unsullied record that I thought that I had when I said that. Thankfully, my account has now been quite properly broken in.

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

Genericide posted:

I enjoyed this post and am quoting it to enjoy all over again.

On the podcast front, I love WOR when Dave's super excited about an anniversary to the point that Bryan can't even finish saying the date. Today's is a genre classic.

Tyb. I'm usually working when listening to his podcasts, so while it can be jarring, I find it enjoyable when I space out for 60 seconds during an AEW review or something and all of a sudden he's talking about some match from 1974.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Devoting 15 mins out of an hour and a half audio show to NXT made me laugh.

Yukaichiban
Feb 7, 2020

by Athanatos

Alaois posted:

this mf said nazis are hot

You lying rear end in a top hat.

I literally said every bit but the Nazi bit was hot. gently caress off.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Poster of the year

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

Technically true, but I'm still out

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Yukaichiban posted:

this mf came back to it

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

NienNunb posted:

Poster of the year

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

NienNunb posted:

Poster of the year

EMF is the poster of the year and this clown has a long way to go to reach their greatness

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Yukaichiban posted:

Oh my god he admit it! He admit he love Nazi Auska! Now he has to marry Nazi Asuka!

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Gumball Gumption posted:

Oh my god he admit it! He admit he love Nazi Auska! Now he has to marry Nazi Asuka!

lol this is my favorite skit

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

They're actually like seriously honestly a good kid who does more charity work in real life than anyone that I have ever known. If they ever learn to poo poo the gently caress up online, I expect them to go far in politics, even though they deny any interest in it. They've taught me things about youth takes on gender that I wasn't aware of, and helped me understand what a brown enby person can go through growing up. They're actually really funny when we chat and one of my better friends. They sometimes say really intelligent things, but not often on message boards.

But they are sometimes a really really bad poster. And they don't tend to let things go. Even when they should.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Love that we have a tag team now in PSP and that they both suck

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

NienNunb posted:

Love that we have a tag team now in PSP and that they both suck

No, they're doing excellently on their own, and don't need a partner. We're singles competitors. And, like, I guess you suck too?

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

I did tell them that they might like this place because there are less bigots here, so my bad for that.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

What the actual f is happening, is this the stupidest board invasion in history

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

collocation posted:

They're actually like seriously honestly a good kid who does more charity work in real life than anyone that I have ever known. If they ever learn to poo poo the gently caress up online, I expect them to go far in politics, even though they deny any interest in it. They've taught me things about youth takes on gender that I wasn't aware of, and helped me understand what a brown enby person can go through growing up. They're actually really funny when we chat and one of my better friends. They sometimes say really intelligent things, but not often on message boards.

But they are sometimes a really really bad poster. And they don't tend to let things go. Even when they should.

I personally hope the person who I most know for telling us all how Marty Jannetty technically didn't commit a hate crime while ignoring that Jannetty's entire post was a death threat to a woman he implied was also a partner and thought this was an appropriate message for the #SpeakingOut thread doesn't go far in politics. That's been my biggest recent interaction with them.

Gumball Gumption fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Aug 13, 2020

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

flashy_mcflash posted:

What the actual f is happening, is this the stupidest board invasion in history

Retribution is coming from inside the board

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

collocation posted:

I did tell them that they might like this place because there are less bigots here, so my bad for that.

Did they even say something bigoted, beside "idiot" I guess?

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

The "I" Slur

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

like they could have just said "i think kana is hot" and it wouldn't have been like, a good post but it'd be whatever, they specifically said "Nazi Asuka is hot" and now they're here getting insanely mad at people making fun of them for saying Nazi Asuka was hot

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

Gumball Gumption posted:

I personally hope the person who I most know for telling us all how Marty Jennetty technically didn't commit a hate crime while ignoring that Jennetty's entire post was a death threat to a woman he implied was also a partner and thought this was an appropriate message for the #SpeakingOut thread doesn't go far in politics. That's been my biggest recent interaction with them.

If you're asking me to relitigate their entire posting history, this is going to be longer than either of us want it to be.

As an LGBT victim of assault, I don't think it's proper for you to tell them how to take something. They weren't saying anything good about Marty. They were saying that it was a category error for them to be added to the speaking out list for the murder after allegedly being assaulted. It's kind of up to them to say so, if they want, but I think that their slight sympathy for someone fighting off a sexual abuser could be because they have been assaulted. Though, you'd have to check with them.

Though, I can see the point in being added for the implicit death threat to the ex, which they weren't addressing. That's abusive in another way.

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

Numero6 posted:

Did they even say something bigoted, beside "idiot" I guess?

poo poo. I'm not saying that anyone is a bigot. That stuff is really not allowed here, so you don't see it.

The apology was for suggesting the forum because, well, it has worked out badly for all parties involved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

collocation posted:

it has worked out badly for all parties involved.

aint that the truth