Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mudskipp
Jan 1, 2018

stop making sense

Who What Now posted:

Aw goddamnit I thought I counted right!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lo carb Lo Pan
Oct 8, 2004

"I just want you to do one thing for me. Snipe. Page 500."

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Who What Now posted:

Hahahaha considering the motorcycle hitman got away this still works great

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Who What Now posted:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

lo carb Lo Pan posted:

:hmbol:

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

lo carb Lo Pan posted:

mudskippppppppppppppppppp!

GlobglogGroAbgalab
Jul 25, 2016

It appears that the elephant is highly sensitive to the effects of LSD - a finding which may prove to be valuable in elephant-control work in Africa.

Who What Now posted:

A LOVELY LAD
Feb 8, 2006

Hey man, wanna hear a secret?

College Slice

:eyepop:

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

:wow:

lo carb Lo Pan
Oct 8, 2004

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

loving hilarious. This is all so much better than if it had worked properly.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

sometimes this thread is gold (pages 411 and 412), sometimes it's dirt (hamiltonposting)

In summary the simpsons meme thread is a land of contrasts

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Lobok posted:

loving hilarious. This is all so much better than if it had worked properly.

The combinatory value is off the charts!

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
What episode is the barney getting kicked out of Moe's from?

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

ikanreed posted:

What episode is the barney getting kicked out of Moe's from?

The one where he shows up behind Moe again? Based on the art style, one of the bad ones.

e: apparently it's from "The Seemingly Never-Ending Story" Season 17 Episode 13

quote:

While visiting a cave at Carl's Dad's Caverns, Homer meddles with a very fragile stalactite, with the result that the whole family ends up in a hidden cavern below the main tour—with Homer stuck in a narrow hole, half in and half out of the cavern. To pass the time while Marge and Bart try to find a way out, Lisa begins to tell a story.

Lisa tells how, the week before, she had been out for a walk when a bighorn sheep inexplicably attacked her. She ran to the nearest shelter, Mr. Burns' house. The animal bursts in, and she and Burns wind up hiding in the attic. There, Lisa finds a photo of Burns as an employee at Moe's, and he tells her the origins of it.

Burns explains that he and Rich Texan were once involved in a scavenger hunt, the winner of which would get all the possessions of the loser. Burns was unable to find the last item on the list — a picture of himself with a smiling child. Every child was terrified of him and Milhouse called him the "boogeyman's grandfather". The Texan won, and Burns explains that he had to earn his fortune all over again by starting at the bottom; but to work his way up to the bottom, he would have to work at Moe's Tavern. While there, he found a hidden letter to be read upon Moe's death, which led to Moe's story of a hidden treasure.

Apparently, the summer before Edna Krabappel was to begin teaching, she and Moe met and fell in love, albeit without her knowing he owned a bar (she hates bar owners). Moe tossed Homer, Barney (who somehow got back inside the tavern), Lenny and Carl out of his tavern before closing it, and when they confronted him about it later he threatened to out the one of them who is gay (unidentified) if they ruined things for him and Edna. Moe then wanted to leave Springfield with her but had no money. He then discovered that Snake (before he became a jailbird, Snake used to be a polite idealistic archaeologist) had discovered a large batch of Mayan coins he was going to donate to the museum. Moe ended up stealing them, embittering Snake and leading him to take revenge against convenience store owners. He was then about to leave town with Edna, but when she went into the school to explain that she was quitting, she saw Bart, who explained to her that he had all-summer detention, and felt he was a lost cause because no one believed in him. Edna declared that the next year, when she was to teach fourth grade, she would help him to succeed, and explained this to Moe, who reacted crazily. It turns out, however, that Bart was actually just distracting Edna while he and Nelson were stealing microscopes and other classroom equipment.

Rather than spending the stolen coins, Moe used them to play his and Edna's song on his jukebox repeatedly. After reading Moe's story, Burns opened the jukebox, took the coins and gave them to the Texan to buy back his possessions, but the Texan demanded that Burns produce a picture of himself with a smiling child before he could get the power plant back (The Texan, he explained, has obsessive-compulsive disorder, thus feeling the need to complete the scavenger hunt). Burns ends his story, explaining to Lisa that he cannot get the plant back.

Just then, the sheep bursts into the attic. Burns gets hurt defending Lisa; however, it turns out that it does not want to kill them — in ITS story (which lasts but a few seconds) it explains that it found Lisa's pearl necklace and was merely trying to return it. Lisa, in gratitude to Burns for his attempted rescue, takes a photo of the two together with her smiling, allowing him to get the plant back from the Texan. This exits to the cave scene.

Just then, Homer breaks free of his trap due to bats chewing on his leg, and suddenly reveals that he had an ulterior motive for bringing the family to the caves. He tells a story, explaining that while in the woods (hiding from babysitting duty), he saw the Texan hide the gold coins in the cave, and brought the family so they could search for the gold to pay for an operation for Bart (the need for which was unknown to Bart, who is now shocked by this... but Homer says that story will have to wait to be heard). Just then, the Texan shows up, and the gold is found — just in time for Moe, Burns and Snake (who also brings his little son) to also appear, and they enter a Mexican standoff. Marge grabs the bag and threatens to drop it down a deep pit if they do not end their standoff. When she discovers the depth of their greed, she drops it — and instantly, everyone realizes how greedy they had been, and go out to volunteer as a way of atoning for their sins, while Burns promises to catch up with them after climbing down to get the gold.

Suddenly, it is revealed that the whole episode has all been a story by Bart (potentially explaining apparent continuity errors), being told to Seymour Skinner as an explanation for why he did not have time to study for a test. The principal finds this ridiculous, but then he looks out the window and sees Edna making out with Moe outside of the school, revealing that Bart was telling the truth. When Moe asks Edna why she forgives him for lying to her, she explains that, at this point, all she really wants is a man with a healthy libido. Unfortunately, it appears Moe cannot even fulfill this very simple requirement, and the Texan obsessively shoots his guns and notes "Moe can't catch a break!"

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

CodfishCartographer posted:

The one where he shows up behind Moe again? Based on the art style, one of the bad ones.

e: apparently it's from "The Seemingly Never-Ending Story" Season 17 Episode 13

Oh god, I'm sorry to have poisoned this page with newsimp summary just because I wanted to find the surrounding stuff on frinkiac.

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
did we do anything for page 138?

e: we did not, missed opportunity

e.pilot fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Aug 11, 2020

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

e.pilot posted:

did we do anything for page 138?

e: we did not, missed opportunity

Be sure to check page 411 (and 412) however!

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
I’m looking forward to page 912 myself

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!
You don't want the bad cops and twin tower memes from the page before?

Budzilla
Oct 14, 2007

We can all learn from our past mistakes.

ikanreed posted:

Oh god, I'm sorry to have poisoned this page with newsimp summary just because I wanted to find the surrounding stuff on frinkiac.
Season 17 was released in 2005 so at the half way point of the show. Jesus Christ.

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

I done turned 'er head into a slug an' now she's a-stucked!

Budzilla posted:

Season 17 was released in 2005 so at the half way point of the show. Jesus Christ.

I watched my way through newsimp a few years back and I'm sure I got way past 2005. I do not remember that episode at all. But then there's a lot of them I don't remember. I'd worry it was brain issues but I think anything past errrrr 10 is just that unmemorable.

Daktar fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Aug 11, 2020

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Budzilla posted:

The halfway point of the show so far.

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

ultrafilter posted:

The halfway point of the show so far.

:dudsmile:

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!
And here's the thing, that sight gag is pretty good the way the meme shows it.

But the dialogue in the show is awful and hamhandedly beats you with the joke's premise.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

ikanreed posted:

And here's the thing, that sight gag is pretty good the way the meme shows it.

But the dialogue in the show is awful and hamhandedly beats you with the joke's premise.

Honestly there are still decent jokes even in newer episodes, the problem is they're so few and far between and everything else just ranged from bland to outright offensive that they get buried. And no, they're not good enough to make it worth digging for them.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

CodfishCartographer posted:

Honestly there are still decent jokes even in newer episodes, the problem is they're so few and far between and everything else just ranged from bland to outright offensive that they get buried. And no, they're not good enough to make it worth digging for them.

You dig far enough in the poo poo, and you'll find a peanut

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

Johnny Aztec posted:

You dig far enough in the poo poo, and you'll find a peanut

:20bux: can buy many peanuts

ili
Jul 26, 2003

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

i love johnnytightlipsposting

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

:dudsmile:

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.

Came to see if people posted this here and did not leave disappointed.

Speaking of simpsons shitposts, here's a semi-drunk/high drawpile I did with some other animators in an art discord I help run a few weeks back:

And four members of the same discord did this comics jam collab I supplied the prompt for, which was 'homer simpson eats a cosmic horror donut.'

And for bonus, here's me having some cursed fun with the server's music bots.

Spacedad fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Aug 12, 2020

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

lol

from the comments

https://twitter.com/TheSassyMan1/status/1293319392592265216

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bare bottom pancakes
Sep 3, 2015

Production: Complete