Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

You guys are taking me along this time? Right? Wait Shaundi is going? This is bullshit man!

I saw the conversation earlier and am I the only person who has made my household have no sinks to avoid all the dumb routing/autonomy issues?

Question though, is there anything useful to be made with robotics? A sim made the cleaning droid but it decided to go outside and putter in the rain during it's first day and broke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
It's time for me to create a house designed around a central sink courtyard like a loving Arabian palace because coordinating this poo poo with ladders and toddlers thrown into the equation is just loving pointless. YOU WERE LIKE THIS BEFORE CORONAVIRUS, YOU SINGLE-MINDED ASSHOLES!

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Here, a mod to solve your sink issues. Get the Default disabled version and your sims can’t wash dishes in any sink unless you specifically enable dishwashing on it.

https://scumbumbomods.com/dont-wash-dishes-where-you-angry-poop

Robot Mil
Apr 13, 2011

Canopus250 posted:

I saw the conversation earlier and am I the only person who has made my household have no sinks to avoid all the dumb routing/autonomy issues?

I've been playing the 100 baby challenge and gently caress trying to manage 8 sims to be productive while three of them constantly try and get water from sinks and leave the glasses everywhere or wash dishes in bathrooms rather than recycling or putting them in the dishwasher. That and toddler high chairs are no gos for me!

Vertigo Ambrosia posted:

What could cause "bad environment" outside? My sim keeps getting ~uncomfortable~ at this one specific area next to the house where i've started gardening. Is this a gardening thing? The plants look fine, and I can't see anything else that would make them whine - there isn't even anything inside the house that would set them off. Could it just be a glitch?

Was it a sim with the neat or squeamish trait? I've been having problems lately with sims with these traits getting uncomfortable because of a 'bad environment' when all other sims are just fine, and there's nothing obvious. I moved some kitchen counters around and found an old spot where something had been set on fire and the floor was dirty, but even after I cleaned that it still kept happening.

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.

Robot Mil posted:

I've been playing the 100 baby challenge and gently caress trying to manage 8 sims to be productive while three of them constantly try and get water from sinks and leave the glasses everywhere or wash dishes in bathrooms rather than recycling or putting them in the dishwasher. That and toddler high chairs are no gos for me!

I'm so glad I got warned about how terrible the high chairs are; it's so easy to have their hunger go in the red while they sleep I can't imagine having to deal with glitchy bullshit while the game yells at me that my child is starving.

Speaking of glitches, looks like fire pee is gone? I did just get Seasons and Parenthood so maybe installing those somehow fixed it?

So far weather has been kind of a pain in the rear end - are all sims afraid of thunderstorms? And do umbrellas always break in thunderstorms? I haven't even been playing for that long and my sims are 0/2 on their umbrella surviving. I had one of them spawn on the lot after school, open his umbrella, and it broke before he got in the house.

And can sims overheat inside? I had a sim get uncomfortable at the gym and it was telling me I needed to switch into hot weather clothing; I guess her leggings were too much in a heat wave, even while inside?

Robot Mil posted:

Was it a sim with the neat or squeamish trait? I've been having problems lately with sims with these traits getting uncomfortable because of a 'bad environment' when all other sims are just fine, and there's nothing obvious. I moved some kitchen counters around and found an old spot where something had been set on fire and the floor was dirty, but even after I cleaned that it still kept happening.

No, and it's also more than one sim now! I guess it must be invisible weeds :rolleyes:

edit: This is my first Harvestfest - what the gently caress are these gnomes and how do i not make them angry? Are these seed packages gifts, or bait?

edit edit: They seem to like pie...but seriously what is going on here?

Vertigo Ambrosia fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Aug 5, 2020

bobsmyuncle
Feb 21, 2006

aw yiss

Vertigo Ambrosia posted:

I'm so glad I got warned about how terrible the high chairs are; it's so easy to have their hunger go in the red while they sleep I can't imagine having to deal with glitchy bullshit while the game yells at me that my child is starving.

Speaking of glitches, looks like fire pee is gone? I did just get Seasons and Parenthood so maybe installing those somehow fixed it?

So far weather has been kind of a pain in the rear end - are all sims afraid of thunderstorms? And do umbrellas always break in thunderstorms? I haven't even been playing for that long and my sims are 0/2 on their umbrella surviving. I had one of them spawn on the lot after school, open his umbrella, and it broke before he got in the house.

And can sims overheat inside? I had a sim get uncomfortable at the gym and it was telling me I needed to switch into hot weather clothing; I guess her leggings were too much in a heat wave, even while inside?

No, and it's also more than one sim now! I guess it must be invisible weeds :rolleyes:

edit: This is my first Harvestfest - what the gently caress are these gnomes and how do i not make them angry? Are these seed packages gifts, or bait?

edit edit: They seem to like pie...but seriously what is going on here?
Sims will be afraid of thunderstorms unless you buy a reward trait from the aspiration store. And yes, umbrellas will break in a thunderstorm. They can overheat inside if it's hot enough, there is a thermostat you can buy that will help. Otherwise keep an eye on the temperature and change into hot/cold weather clothes as needed.

For harvest fest, you have to match the gift to the gnome type. You can guess or you can check out this cheaty guide on reddit. The seed packages are the reward for making them happy.

Also, the gnomes turn into decorations after the holiday ends, so remember to grab and sell them for a quick buck.

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.
I feel like I'm spamming the thread with questions/comments, but one of my sims is about to freeze to death even though he's in his cold weather clothes and the thermostat is set to "warmer"! How do I fix this?

edit: nevermind - had him change into his normal outfit and then back into the cold weather outfit and he's fine now :rolleyes:

Vertigo Ambrosia fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Aug 8, 2020

Robot Mil
Apr 13, 2011

If you make a gnome angry you can just sell it to stop it from breaking everything in your house. You don’t have to wait til harvestfest is over to sell gnomes.

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Dec 28, 2007

Kiss this and hang

Robot Mil posted:

If you make a gnome angry you can just sell it to stop it from breaking everything in your house. You don’t have to wait til harvestfest is over to sell gnomes.

however if you make it happy it drops seed packs that you can sell. They drop so many a day and each one is like 100 simoleans, you could basically live off seed packs all year.

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Oh it's gonna happen one way or the other, pal.

I hate those gnomes and their stupid seeds.

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.

When you appease the gnomes but they're still trapping you in your bedroom :smith:

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Vertigo Ambrosia posted:

When you appease the gnomes but they're still trapping you in your bedroom :smith:

Put those shits in your pocket. You are god.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
"What do you wake up too every morning? I wake up to my wife's loving smile"

"I wake up to a nudist gnome and a grim reaper gnome :smith:"

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Last episode of that Spark'd show dropped yesterday. In a final summation, the few streamers that I knew beforehand, were terrible because all their energy was sucked out of them from being in a new, awkward, terrible situation. Most of the streamers I didn't know, I now actively hate. One of the ones I didn't know about seemed pretty cool, might check out some of their videos.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Here's a challenge, whoever can fit the most fireplaces into a house and keep their sims alive the longest wins. It's called My Place is Lit and I hate it nevermind.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Waterbed Wendy posted:

Here's a challenge, whoever can fit the most fireplaces into a house and keep their sims alive the longest wins. It's called My Place is Lit and I hate it nevermind.

My friend and I did something like that once, but I'd have, like, a single toilet and a single cot for them to fight over. Also I'd put rugs in front of the fireplaces and then rocket kits everywhere. It...ended badly.

Also your post made me laugh super hard.

wit
Jul 26, 2011
Its a nice touch but....

https://twitter.com/SimGuruLyndsay/status/1293339102981402624

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.

Waterbed Wendy posted:

Man I feel like I've had a lot less fires than I should have...I made a house with like 7 fireplaces (all with rugs under them) and 3 grills and so far there's only been one fire and nobody died. Hell, I've been playing for the last two months and I don't think I've had more than two other fires. Did Sims get smarter, or did I get dumber?

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
They for sure went out of their way to make it really hard for sims to die in 4. Sims can use pool ledges, fires are really hard to start even under ideal conditions, trapped sims can teleport out... and im sure there's more i am forgetting. It's like, stop policing my playstyle (the joker).

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

My sim laughed herself to death the other day. We won the comedy festival or whatever, though!

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

When the game was first being advertised before release everyone saw the video of a Sim laughing herself to death and was worried that their Sims would just be dropping dead every time they saw something funny, so I’d guess they probably scaled the chance of death back a bit in reaction

Robot Mil
Apr 13, 2011

A sim of mine died from rage, she was enraged by school as a teen and having a mood swing, aged up into an adult and immediately had a rage induced heart attack or whatever. I guess becoming an adult was the final straw in her terrible sim life lol.

I also seem to have many sims who actively seek out death by freezing by sitting on the edge of the pool in swimwear to eat their food or back floating when they are tired in the depths of winter??

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Finding the sweet release of death is an accomplishment born from gaming the emotion system. You can't just expect to die with no effort anymore.

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.
I have a room full of playful paintings and items as well as a room full of angry paintings and yet i can't seem to get anyone emotional enough to die! I did get a townie enraged in the anger room but somehow it subsided :mad:

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Vertigo Ambrosia posted:

I have a room full of playful paintings and items as well as a room full of angry paintings and yet i can't seem to get anyone emotional enough to die! I did get a townie enraged in the anger room but somehow it subsided :mad:

The festivals and other places with set emotions work best for this I think. The only sim I've ever killed by emotion was an elder having repeated sex and getting too tired.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
screens or I don't believe any of it

VivaLa Eeveelution
Apr 3, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4swl1VObu8

Mods, please change the title into...something, idk, it just has to reflect how suddenly okay I am with having an 'incomplete' Sims install.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
This must be what its like to be at ground zero of a series jumping the shark.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

I’m assuming this is a game pack right

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
I like it

Splash Attack
Mar 23, 2008

Yeahhh!
I am GHOS!!
Haaaaaa Ha Ha Ha!!

Leal posted:

This must be what its like to be at ground zero of a series jumping the shark.

i think we passed it with the katy perry pack in sims 3

or the ikea pack in sims 2

or when one of the major highlights of the sims house party was drew carey crashing your party if it was awesome enough

VivaLa Eeveelution
Apr 3, 2011

Drew Carey opened the door for real elements to leak into The Sims because he was a fan and got his little cameo in there.

Ergo, Star Wars Sims is Drew Carey's fault.

E: Found this tweet and its replies. I don't think this pack's honey's gonna catch as many Jedi flies as EA thought it would.

https://twitter.com/swbfknight/status/1299060481869651969?s=21

VivaLa Eeveelution fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Aug 27, 2020

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

looks cool

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

:hai:

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
If it's a game pack with a plot like Strangerville I guess it's even marginally better than Strangerville because you can at least cosplay and listen to jizz when you're done with the story.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

I am ten hundred percent about this poo poo.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

This looks dumb as poo poo. Sign me up.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Finally I can get some more realistic toys for the baby yoda my sim adopted as a son.

kilus aof
Mar 24, 2001
Just what I wanted, a Sims 4 pack of a Star Wars theme park based around a place not seen in the movies. I can't wait to visit a section of Disneyland with a Sims 4 character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
Gonna make a dark Jedi with Simichlorians through the roof and jail people in my sith basement.