Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Hey guys I'm recruiting designers for my new game League of DotAs you should all check it out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Mikujin posted:

Hey guys I'm recruiting designers for my new game League of DotAs you should all check it out

Sorry we pointed out some bad design decisions. i'll think of your feelings next time :(

Servaetes posted:

Your gimmick is almost a decade old and is exhausting, man

Being right isn't a gimmick and I'm surprised it took you this long to start bitching again. If this was the Dota thread I'd be talking about how the newer heroes are poo poo and neutral item drops are a dumb addition. But it aint that thread. The game you like isn't perfect.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Aug 11, 2020

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Groovelord Neato posted:

Sorry we pointed out some bad design decisions. i'll think of your feelings next time :(

Being right isn't a gimmick and I'm surprised it took you this long to start bitching again. If this was the Dota thread I'd be talking about how the newer heroes are poo poo and neutral item drops are a dumb addition. But it aint that thread. The game you like isn't perfect.

I'm sorry your game sucks so bad you had to infect another thread but no one is insisting either game is perfect we're just telling you to quit trying to start a race war between the Doters and the normies

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Their posts are much better than the bronze superstars who come in to argue and pretend they're the best tbh

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Their posts are much better than the bronze superstars who come in to argue and pretend they're the best tbh

If we set the bar low enough everyone is good poster

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Release a champion that has a move that specifically detaches the cat parasite so you can kill it.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

I think Morde's ult does exactly that, but Morde wants to ult the cat because it's really, really funny

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Release a dog that specifically kills Yuumi with its ult.

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

https://i.imgur.com/2dquPJw.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/N3Y0gf9.mp4

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
in /all when I'm losing to a Shaco:

Servaetes posted:

Vino
Aug 11, 2010

rabidsquid posted:

i hate the concern about dashes because it's one of the oldest canards that gets brought up constantly by people who want garen q to be the best movement option in the game. go play scorched earth, the tanks aren't even allowed to move

I can't believe my hours in that game would come in use in an Internet argument decades later, but here it is:

Yes they can. Buy batteries.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

My friend who plays hots wants to learn this game, and i'm trying to figure out the best way to teach her. I'm like, low-gold MMR. Is this the sort of situation where making a smurf would be the right thing to do? I want her to be fighting against other noobs, or, failing that, other terrible people.

Used to be you needed a certain number of bot games to escape botgame hell but she's high enough level to play normals with just some tft games and arams under her belt so i'm a little worried the rift culture isn't gonna come easily

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

My understanding is that smurf detection is really strong now, so I wouldn't really bother with that. Just queue with her on your main, at least you'll have all your champs and stuff

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Mikujin posted:

I'm sorry your game sucks so bad you had to infect another thread but no one is insisting either game is perfect we're just telling you to quit trying to start a race war between the Doters and the normies

But we were having a good discussion until you and servaetes starting whining.

God Morde loving rules.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Vino posted:

I can't believe my hours in that game would come in use in an Internet argument decades later, but here it is:

Yes they can. Buy batteries.

mobility creep has been ruining games for nearly thirty years!!!!

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Ignite Memories posted:

My friend who plays hots wants to learn this game, and i'm trying to figure out the best way to teach her. I'm like, low-gold MMR. Is this the sort of situation where making a smurf would be the right thing to do? I want her to be fighting against other noobs, or, failing that, other terrible people.

Used to be you needed a certain number of bot games to escape botgame hell but she's high enough level to play normals with just some tft games and arams under her belt so i'm a little worried the rift culture isn't gonna come easily

Just play normals with her, everyone is terrible in normals.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Mikujin posted:

What a weird thing to post

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
Hey both the mobas are bad but keep each bad game discussion to that game's thread.

You may post about the only good moba, Demigod, in either thread however.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
I'm only playing League because the Adventure Time MOBA got shut down.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Mikujin posted:

God I've desperately wanted DotA and LoL to be smashed together into a super moba ever since I stopped playing League.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Whitenoise Poster posted:

God I've desperately wanted DotA and LoL to be smashed together into a super moba ever since I stopped playing League.

Which LoL champion would be most OP in Dota?
Which Dota hero would be most OP in LoL? (My vote's on Storm or Ember Spirit because of the lack of strong CC abilities)

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Which LoL champion would be most OP in Dota?
Which Dota hero would be most OP in LoL? (My vote's on Storm or Ember Spirit because of the lack of strong CC abilities)

I’m not answering that question (mod’s orders) but the adventure time MOBA had a character with Shaco invisibility and Fiddles ult. Forget who it was though

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

kingcobweb posted:

I’m not answering that question (mod’s orders) but the adventure time MOBA had a character with Shaco invisibility and Fiddles ult. Forget who it was though

the adventure time moba owned, I destroyed a bunch of small children with the riven knockoff.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Jerkface posted:

the adventure time moba owned, I destroyed a bunch of small children with the riven knockoff.

adventure time moba and dawngate were both underrated as gently caress.

also why the gently caress is taric white? like one day riot just decided that taric being black was a bug and changed it? why was this not some sort of global scandal? what a loving crime

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Jerkface posted:

Pretty sure that was Fionna?

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Skins that are the opposite gender of the original is something that League should actually copy.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

kingcobweb posted:

Pretty sure that was Fionna?

Yea it was Fionna, who had riven Q, a toggle that either shielded her while healing or drained her Hp for bonus attack, and then Tryndamere ult. OP

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Relax Or DIE posted:

Hey both the mobas are bad but keep each bad game discussion to that game's thread.

You may post about the only good moba, Demigod, in either thread however.

Sedna main checking in

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

kingcobweb posted:

Skins that are the opposite gender of the original is something that League should actually copy.

It's a win/win, I'm not sure why they haven't. They'd loving print money

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

The only reservation I'd have about that is they'd do the Yasuo chin fuzz facial hair on all the dude versions and not give us beautiful bandit boy Sivir.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
King Ashe and Queen Tryndamere seems like an easy layup, and extra points if they have the original VA's do the champions do the opposite skins

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

They’d probably just complain about not being able to tell who it is at a glance if they were gender swapped (ignore these very samey dark star skins).

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Male dudebro Soraka making banana dick jokes

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Make Shaco competitively viable for once

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UuLD-0lndY
Targon lore stuff

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

What does it take to get S as an ADC? I just went 13-2 as Twitch and only got A-

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

You have to take towers and place wards too.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

And CS like crazy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Invalid Validation posted:

They’d probably just complain about not being able to tell who it is at a glance if they were gender swapped (ignore these very samey dark star skins).

Or the ones that turn Ms Fortune into some kinda cyber laser robot
My biggest complaint about skins is that they change the champion name on the loading screen.
There's some volibear skin named "The thousand-pierced bear" and I spent forever trying to figure out what champion was the first time I played against it.