Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

yeah that just looks like every coolkyou character

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i wonder how the adaptation of that other cool kyou manga will go, that is also airing in 2021

escapegoat
Aug 18, 2013

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

They're going hunting for the Continuum Transfunctioner? :confused:

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

They're trapped in an evil blur filter and trying to fight their way out

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

swiper no swiping

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Neddy Seagoon posted:

They're going hunting for the Continuum Transfunctioner? :confused:
Nice!

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Futaba Anzu posted:

isn't htat what she looks like after she gets better at controlling her human form and she originally appears as more of a walking pair of economy size water balloons taped to a potato? since a big thing about her was that she was too young to properly use magic or something

From checking no. She just wears a poncho at first and it makes her figure look weird. Age wise she is stated as being slightly younger than Tohru.

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

just realized that the weird japanese accent of the mc in great pretender is done on purpose to reflect the fact that he has a noticeable accent when speaking english. it's the osaka-ben > southern drawl trope but in reverse.

great series by the way, it's a shame that it'll fly under the radar due to netflix's bullshit

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

netflix series mostly do fine, it just takes longer. beastars is super popular now

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
This week's Millionaire Detective was the inevitable "Daisuke can't use his money" one :allears:. I was expecting it'd be in the form of making him have to do actual detective work on some major case, but I won't complain about a good light-hearted episode.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism

Tales of Woe posted:

netflix series mostly do fine, it just takes longer. beastars is super popular now

The way they're released does seem to stifle discussion here though. I bet the Beastars anime thread would have more than two pages if the episodes had been released weekly.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Starsnostars posted:

The way they're released does seem to stifle discussion here though. I bet the Beastars anime thread would have more than two pages if the episodes had been released weekly.

that's actually because the anime thread got turned into a manga thread and then a new anime thread was made later

but yeah it's certainly true that it splits the audience into 'people who watch with fansubs' and 'people who wait for the official'

Tales of Woe fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Aug 11, 2020

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Willo567 posted:

i'd read the manga. it cuts out some of the filler that inuyasha is known for, plus it has some pretty great character moments that were cut out of the anime.

i wouldn't the best inuyasha moments i remember are all in an anime only episode near the end of the first show. like... somewhere around ep150?

plus, manga doesn't have satsuki yelling out kagome's lines

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Rent-a-Girlfriend is getting an English dub, which is nice. Lizzie Freeman is playing best girl Chizuru and Aleks Le is worst boy Kazuya.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
dumb question that doesn't belong here

Willo567 fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Aug 12, 2020

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Is anybody watching Gibiate? Is it as fun as the premise makes it sound?

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Gripweed posted:

It's kinda dull.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Gripweed posted:

It's ugly looking with bad animation and god awful cgi monsters. The plot also seems really trite from the first episode.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

it's got the lowest MAL score since my sister my writer, for whatever that's worth

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Ah. Nevermind then.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
I’m watching it because it’s weirdly entertaining with how stupid it is.

Like, a guy dies in the second episode and he’s remembered by one of the main characters and it pans to the sky where the guy is then shown in the clouds as a reminder but it’s super funny cause he’s the goofiest old crazy man character design, but they’re playing it completely straight. I also am just super curious about the doctor character because it feels like he’s got some sinister plan brewing and always has a look like he’s gonna betray the group but has not, so I wanna see where that goes.

It’s a stupid awful show, but it’s not bad enough to see where the heck they go with this.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

of the 2 episodes I watched Gibate felt very much like a cheap series that ADV would of tried to sell as being top level in the 90's. Like Nina Resurrection!

Thoom
Jan 12, 2004

LUIGI SMASH!

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Nina Resurrection!

Ed...ward...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Aw man. I didn't know Dumbells anime was only 12 eps.

I miss the muscle God and his MuscleGals already :(

Side-edit: gave Tamayomi a shot and god drat it feels like the entire animation team learned how to do things from a Mid-90s "Draw Anime the Japanese Way" course.

What the gently caress happened there?

FilthyImp fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Aug 13, 2020

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

FilthyImp posted:

Aw man. I didn't know Dumbells anime was only 12 eps.

I miss the muscle God and his MuscleGals already :(

Side-edit: gave Tamayomi a shot and god drat it feels like the entire animation team learned how to do things from a Mid-90s "Draw Anime the Japanese Way" course.

What the gently caress happened there?
hint: its not that the animation team is incompetent

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Endorph posted:

hint: its not that the animation team is incompetent
I just finished the first episode and yikes. Some of that rotoscoping on the pitching and catching is great. (And some of it just decides there doesn't need to be any more frames in the throw).

This was a case of "girl sports anime give you $20 and do what you can" isn't it?

poo poo, I just discovered the fishing girls series. I'm totally watching that

VvV
Ah. Man what a shame.

FilthyImp fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Aug 13, 2020

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
it's not about money, it's about their schedule sucking and giving them no time to polish

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

with a bigger budget you have more time and thus a better schedule, or can hire more personnel to help

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Davincie posted:

with a bigger budget you have more time and thus a better schedule, or can hire more personnel to help
eh. the former is kind of true, but at the end of the day anime comes out when the production committees want them to come out. if they're giving the project more money they're more likely to be invested enough to give it more time if the staff say they need it, but the cause and effect there is reversed. the latter is true, though there's an issue of there being people free to even hire. there's so much anime being made these days that most freelance animators of basically any skill are usually booked for months in advance. there's outsourcing to foreign countries of course, but that comes with its own time and quality issues.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/HDKirin/status/1293913037187948545?s=19

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Surprised but delighted by this.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Hopefully Pekorine x Carl honeymoon arc happens!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Endorph posted:

also lol at the idea of iruru' design being so horrible that we have to speak about her in whispers

like shes basically uzaki. im sure cool says some weird poo poo about her/does weird poo poo with her but thats a symptom not the cause. the cause is cool being a pedophile. the thing you like is by a pedophile. cool is a pedo guy. dragon maid is a pedo thing. this isnt a callout post i enjoyed most of the dragon maid anime but, thats always been what it is. theres no false bill of goods being sold to you here. its literally an anime in which a ten year old boy being a molested is a running gag. freaking out because a shortstack exists is some garbage. like imagine if fafnir lived with a ten year old girl named 'loli' and kept molesting her in her sleep for comedy points, i think a lot of you would be extremely mad about that instead of just pretending it doesnt happen and that big tits existing would be the anime's first and greatest sin.

Well that's a hell of a sentence. Did he ever get arrested like (iirc) the Toriko guy or just a slap on the wrist like Ruroni Kenshin's creator?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I think it's referring to the series having a habit of putting small children in sexual situations and jokes.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
cool's never done anything irl yeah, nothing i've heard of at least. there's just a very consistent trend of what the guy likes writing into his work

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i don't think cool's real identity is public? but yeah it's a pretty consistent theme in their work, same sort of deal as the made in abyss guy

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

write what you know...

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

RareAcumen posted:

Well that's a hell of a sentence. Did he ever get arrested like (iirc) the Toriko guy or just a slap on the wrist like Ruroni Kenshin's creator?
No i mean he wants to gently caress them not that he has. Heck maybe their deal doesnt even extend to real kids in which case i will throw them a parade. However he still made an ecchi manga about living with a big titty girl where she turns out to be the protags 12 year old daughter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Endorph posted:

No i mean he wants to gently caress them not that he has. Heck maybe their deal doesnt even extend to real kids in which case i will throw them a parade. However he still made an ecchi manga about living with a big titty girl where she turns out to be the protags 12 year old daughter.

that supposed infodrop on her age comes from a faulty translation where the ghost mom says "i'm 24" which should be "i was 24 when i died". and they aren't related... at all. and even if cool said "she's 12" it wouldn't make any sense at all, it'd would just be an arbitrary number slapped onto a char who acts and looks like an adult. as a testament to that, the person who you got this info from was fine with reading this manga up until the imaginary number came up

this is the problem with using telephone games and translated content