Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Marx Was A Lib posted:

Am I too cynical or is Hamilton the apex peak of absolute lib poo poo?

"apex peak" implies that nothing worse will be produced in the future, so no, it's just the worst we've got so far

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Plank Walker posted:

"apex peak" implies that nothing worse will be produced in the future, so no, it's just the worst we've got so far

Je m'appelle Lafayette
Et je suis ici pour dire
Je déteste les britanniques
D'une manière majeure

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Plank Walker posted:

local maximum

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Declan MacManus posted:

tim kaine in the membrane

tim kane in the braine

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

goddamn, i'd love trump if he wasn't so relentlessly terrible.
LOL those CIA fucks in tears over Trump disrespecting their monument to their fallen comrades. Just imagine what kind of poo poo they did “in service to their country”.

PS. I googled a bit about CIA backed groups killing nuns. These are some quotes from an opinion piece from the NYT in 1990 titled: “No credible doubt that Contras murdered nuns”.

quote:

It is undoubtedly true that the nuns weren't killed because they were nuns. The contras ambush vehicles routinely - Bishop Shlaeffer was himself the victim of a contra ambush in 1985 - and the attack was probably meant to stop suspected social or health workers.
Oh, I see! They just murdered the nuns accidentally while they were really trying to murder social and health workers.

quote:

The United States has two direct concerns in this incident. One of the two murdered nuns was an American, Sister Maureen Courtney, and those accused of the murders are sponsored by the United States (the most recent contra aid was voted by Congress last April).
Looks bad when your hired killers kill one of your own I guess.

quote:

The White House reaction to the ambush has been to say Managua has no evidence to charge that the attack was by the contras, and to express the hope that ''the Sandinistas do not seek to obscure this tragedy by engaging in a propaganda battle'' (news analysis, Jan. 4). I take this to mean the Nicaraguan Government ought to refrain from identifying the criminals. Understandably, the United States has no plans to investigate the ambush site.
Don’t you hate it when there’s a murder and people try to obscure the tragedy by correctly identifying the killer?

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

scott walker, he of the Ham Sandwich Race.

https://twitter.com/ScottWalker/status/794578578327371776?s=20

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

throw to first drat IT posted:

remember how biden picked her as vp lol

https://twitter.com/KamalaHarris/status/1092938170956693504

if this is the directions the democrats go, the discourse is going to get even stupider.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

kraft singles, iron kids bread and a little packet of buddig ham slices

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
I think a gourmet ham and cheese sandwich would be good, with like iberico and appenzeller on sourdough :yum:

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
https://twitter.com/GMPaiella/status/1293219173544480769?s=19

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

shirley chisholm and james eastland were in congress at the same time as members of the same party

lol

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
But why?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Volcott posted:

But why?

why not

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Trump pardoned a bunch of war criminals and then made sure the worst one didn't get his little pin taken away by the Navy and also invited the guy to Mar A Lago and also 60 Minutes did a puff piece with the same war criminal.

Groovelord Neato has issued a correction as of 14:33 on Aug 12, 2020

Stato-Masochist
Aug 22, 2010

the air is fresh, there's plenty of parking, plenty of space to walk around

the united states air force wanted to make a gay bomb, a bomb that makes you gay https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gay_bomb

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Stato-Masochist posted:

the united states air force wanted to make a gay bomb, a bomb that makes you gay https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gay_bomb

omg

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!
Tulsi burying Harris’ campaign by bringing up her crime record at the debate

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Stato-Masochist posted:

Let's start a war
Start a nuclear war
With a gay bomb, gay bomb, gay bomb
Waoow!

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HE2nUstHQOQ

everyone upset julian pointed out the obvious which is Very Rude

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Hobby Lobby bought artifacts from ISIS.

All their fragments of the Dead Sea Scrolls were counterfeit and they replaced them in their museum with a tiny Bible that they say was brought to the moon (it wasn't).

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

it's extremely loving gross how dems value civility over doing the right thing

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Trump pronouncing Yosemite, a word it's possible he's never read aloud before, as "Yo, Semites."

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Animal-Mother posted:

Trump pronouncing Yosemite, a word it's possible he's never read aloud before, as "Yo, Semites."

Thighland

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
D'souza carrying water for trump and doing Ackshually, they always say Thighland if you are from there

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

vyelkin posted:

Thighland

Dinesh D'souza claiming and then doubling down that the vast majority of English speakers--and the vast majority of Americans in particular--pronounce it that way, have always pronounced it that way, and in fact you're the crazy one if you don't pronounce it that way

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Dinesh D'souza

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

christmas boots posted:

Dinesh D'souza claiming and then doubling down that the vast majority of English speakers--and the vast majority of Americans in particular--pronounce it that way, have always pronounced it that way, and in fact you're the crazy one if you don't pronounce it that way

My favorite bit was tweeting a video where he claims Modi says it "Thighland" in the first five seconds. He says it at seven seconds into the video and says it the normal way.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Dinesh is a dog on a leash for Trump thanks to the pardon. sniveling little freak.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

i liked making sex jokes about thighland, like, eating at the y junction in thighland

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

That non-euclidean fish monster changing his name from Rafael to Ted Cruz because that's what he needed to get elected because he has no redeeming qualities.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/jackallisonLOL/status/1261748223024132096?s=20

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

that time that Oregon state senators fled into hiding with the 3% militia to avoid voting on a climate change bill, the cops were sent to look for them, then they eventually returned with a slap on the wrist fine and the bill ended up not getting passed

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IXLX_AkYL4

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

christmas boots posted:

And then claiming that Thai people say it wrong because their language doesn't have a sound like 'th' in 'thing'.

Thai people... mispronounce... Thailand. Thai people and Americans who have never travelled and only them. Everyone else says Thighland correctly with a sound that doesn't exist...in Thai, excuse me, in Thigh

Dinesh responding to a video of himself saying Tie-land by claiming he was using the vulgar degenerate American pronunciation on purpose so Americans would understand him.

VitalSigns has issued a correction as of 23:14 on Aug 12, 2020

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
He's so loving stupid lmao. Remember when he proved he doesn't understand how seasons work in the southern hemisphere

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

VitalSigns posted:

And then claiming that Thai people say it wrong because their language doesn't have a sound like 'th' in 'thing'.

Thai people... mispronounce... Thailand. Thai people and Americans who have never travelled and only them. Everyone else says Thighland correctly with a sound that doesn't exist...in Thai, excuse me, in Thigh

Dinesh responding to a video of himself saying Tie-land by claiming he was using the vulgar degenerate American pronunciation on purpose so Americans would understand him.

Also Europe is pronounced as "yo-rup"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Milo and POTUS posted:

He's so loving stupid lmao. Remember when he proved he doesn't understand how seasons work in the southern hemisphere

No, what?

E: oh, lol

even if you disregard the backwards seasons, and a snowstorm really was happening in Australia in the middle of their summer, how would "everything is fine no signs of climate change here" be the conclusion you'd draw from that lmbo

VitalSigns has issued a correction as of 00:03 on Aug 13, 2020