Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Part 4 could have used a lot more side bits about Koichi teaching people how to do magic tricks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSg9XxFckfE

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I just made my first AMV to help a friend promote their Bandcamp Friday release, check it out! I hope you like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJZpo4eOQI8

I'm not really an AMV guy and never really watched any until last week to prepare :v:

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I like that 70% of the lyrics are threatening to beat someone with their bare hands, as they should for a Jojo-themed track. As for the AMV itself, the rewinds and fast-forwards of Diavolo's deaths lined up with the scratches was probably my favorite part.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Thanks! That was probably the most time-intensive part of the video. I did that all manually, and in a single crunch sitting between about 7pm to 6am this morning. (I actually crunched like 3/4 of the video in the last couple days lol)

Supersonic Shine posted:

I like that 70% of the lyrics are threatening to beat someone with their bare hands, as they should for a Jojo-themed track.
I shared this with Shubzilla and she said "i got you boo!"

Son of Thunderbeast fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Aug 8, 2020

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

I just made my first AMV to help a friend promote their Bandcamp Friday release, check it out! I hope you like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJZpo4eOQI8

I'm not really an AMV guy and never really watched any until last week to prepare :v:

This is pretty drat good!

AMVs are a guilty pleasure of mine. When they're good they're great but unfortunately most of them aren't. And there's a special place in hell for AMVs where it's just the characters singing the song.

As far as Jojo ones go, I'm partial to this one, from the first half of Stardust Crusaders

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnFuc62gSSY

There's another one I'm fond of that's more like an animation set to music than an actual AMV, but it's unfortunately got spoilers for parts 6, 7, and 8: Don't click here unless you've read the manga or don't mind spoilers!

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

This is pretty drat good!

AMVs are a guilty pleasure of mine. When they're good they're great but unfortunately most of them aren't. And there's a special place in hell for AMVs where it's just the characters singing the song.

As far as Jojo ones go, I'm partial to this one, from the first half of Stardust Crusaders

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnFuc62gSSY

There's another one I'm fond of that's more like an animation set to music than an actual AMV, but it's unfortunately got spoilers for parts 6, 7, and 8: Don't click here unless you've read the manga or don't mind spoilers!
Thanks!

drat that second one is good. First one is blocked in my country unfortunately.

And yeah I found a couple good ones when I was checking out what was out there. I really liked these:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMmkc56YuHA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gv3pXqStezM

Son of Thunderbeast fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Aug 8, 2020

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

I shared this with Shubzilla and she said "i got you boo!"
:hai:

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

So I've been fighting my way through season 2 after really, really loving season 1 (just a hilarious and fun romp), and man, this season is.. super bad and uncomfortable? I feel like the comedy is super slapstick and less whimsical, Jotaro does absolutely nothing for me, and if that weren't enough, There have been like 3 episodes with uncomfortable amounts of child nudity and implied attempted child rape. This is just.. awkward. I dunno. Does it improve when I get to the next season again?

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Season 2 (Part 3, call it part 3 to avoid confusion) gets better the instant they get to Egypt and Jojo just keeps getting better and better from there.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Yeah, Part 3 really picks up when they finally ditch the tagalong kid for good.

I don’t disagree that Jotaro isn’t particularly compelling outside of the action in his debut part, either. Like, you get hints that beneath the cool, collected front he puts up that he’s the biggest loving dork of the group, but that’s pretty much entirely off-screen and only inferred, unfortunately.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I still like how quickly it was revealed that Jotaro never actually stopped being a good boy who loves his mommy, he’s just going through a tough guy phase where he’s too embarrassed to say it out loud

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Back before I got into the series properly, my expectations for this series were based around Jotaro's appearance and what little I saw of his mannerisms. Imagine my surprise when I find out how zany the rest of the series around him was.

People have done a lot of prodding at Jotaro's character to show how he's really a huge nerd despite trying very hard to come across as a cool guy, but the real lithmus test as to whether you like him or not is whether or not you find someone getting repeatedly punched in the face hilarious.

And Anne/Runaway Girl is pretty awful, but she's thankfully not around much longer after the creepy rape ape and also never gets nude again.

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

I got a bit into Egypt too, and then some dude turned Polnareff into a kid and threatened to lick him to death or some poo poo behind the door. That wasn't.. a lot better.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Beamed posted:

I got a bit into Egypt too, and then some dude turned Polnareff into a kid and threatened to lick him to death or some poo poo behind the door. That wasn't.. a lot better.

i don’t remember Alessi trying to lick anyone to death, but I won’t pretend his episodes aren’t super uncomfortable, which was 100% a choice by Araki to just make the reader uncomfortable af (unlike, say, what you pointed out before which was just poorly thought out) so I’m honestly fairly conflicted on how to feel about it.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.

Beamed posted:

Part 4 is vastly better and there's no more out of nowhere pedophelia villains.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Nea posted:

Technically the very first guy, but it's mentioned in passing rather than something acted out in the story.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Technically the very first guy, but it's mentioned in passing rather than something acted out in the story.

Well gently caress

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Nea posted:

There was that one scene where Kira goes to have a bath with Hayato

sirtommygunn fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Aug 12, 2020

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

sirtommygunn posted:

Parents bathing with their children is actually common in Japan and not seen as sexual, so it's definitely not intended to be read that way.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

sirtommygunn posted:

That was very threatening but definitely not sexual.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Waffleman_ posted:

Parents bathing with their children is actually common in Japan and not seen as sexual, so it's definitely not intended to be read that way.

not saying it's meant to be sexual, but... that isn't a parent

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Mr. Lobe posted:

not saying it's meant to be sexual, but... that isn't a parent

his dad is not his dad

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Wait... but that would mean that Kira Yoshikage's true identity is Kosaku K--

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

A+ job keeping this discussion spoiler free when we're specifically talking about the concerns of a new viewer.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
https://twitter.com/AnimegirlENG/status/1289203824863793152

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011

Some of the best vtuber content is with a english-fluent vtuber and one who isn't.

Kiryu Coco teaching all the non-fluent vtubers to say "Motherfucker"

Pikamee (the one on the left in this video) did a video where she talked about how she lived in Texas and worked at Taco Bell when she wasn't completely fluent in English, and a customer said "I appreciate you" and she kept looking at the menu trying to find "appreciate" so she could put it on his order.

What started as "cute anime girls doing shows and playing games" has really evolved into what can only be described as full on insanity.

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

https://i.imgur.com/UIDXX23.mp4

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow
As an anime only watcher, is the eyes of Heaven game playable without being spoiled of future parts?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

not really. unless you just, like, don't play the story mode and only play local versus mode with characters from the parts you've seen or something. I remember Alpharad had a video on youtube where he played the game when it first came out, and this was before the Part 5 was animated, and the video ended when like 15 minutes into the game it just flat-out showed a montage of every character death in Part 5 and he had to turn the game off. The game often very casually drops spoilers like that, assuming you're already familiar with all that stuff.

it's also just not a very good game to be quite honest.

Augus fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Aug 14, 2020

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
It took me a little bit, but I appreciate how Joseph Joestar's intro in part 2 and exit in part 4 both involve his wallet being stolen.

Also thanks to overpriced DLC season pass perks in Tekken 7, it allowed me to add yellow hamon lightning to Heihachi.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

RubberLuffy posted:

What started as "cute anime girls doing shows and playing games" has really evolved into what can only be described as full on insanity.
It's the Internet. Most things start out insane by default.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Popoto posted:

As an anime only watcher, is the eyes of Heaven game playable without being spoiled of future parts?

Not even a little bit. The segment of the story where you're introduced to the Part 6 cast takes place right before the final battle. Part 7's introduction takes place immediately after the final battle.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

gently caress yeah (also lmao at deciding to strafe around right in front of the rocket)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTxV8E8DbsA

Son of Thunderbeast fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Aug 14, 2020

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Kakyoin should've kept that dope af scarf.

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow
Good to know. Thanks all. I’ll stay clear of Eyes of Heaven.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

No problem! Eyes of Heaven's main idea is basically being a crossover with every Jojo part, so pretty much all of the Jojos, with the exception of Jonathan and Joseph, come from after their final battles so that they have their full range of Stand abilities.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

all star battle is also one of those things where unless you entirely go out of your way to never look at certain content you'll get spoiled on stuff since it came out when part 8 was new-ish and it has all the characters up to that point

both games are kind of clunky and crappy, too. we need an actually good fighting game that's comprehensive for the whole series.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I watched like a few seconds of one video of an LP of Eyes of Heaven and saw the part where I guess Giorno appears for the first time (or one of the first times) and Giorno just immediately spoils which characters die in Part 5, a part I had not finished yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Heritage for the Future remains the best JoJo fighting game and I wish we could get a sequel to it.