Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will you vote for in 2020?
This poll is closed.
Biden 425 18.06%
Trump 105 4.46%
whoever the Green Party runs 307 13.05%
GOOGLE RON PAUL 151 6.42%
Bernie Sanders 346 14.70%
Stalin 246 10.45%
Satan 300 12.75%
Nobody 202 8.58%
Jess Scarane 110 4.67%
mystery man Brian Carroll of the American Solidarity Party 61 2.59%
Dick Nixon 100 4.25%
Total: 2089 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

The lesson from this primary and election as a whole (especially if Biden ends up winning) is that people need to break out of the online leftist Twitter bubble. Basically everything that seized the attention of the bubble had no real world relevance - all the bullshit about Warren and Buttigieg was just in the imaginations of the terminally online.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

shrike82 posted:

The lesson from this primary and election as a whole (especially if Biden ends up winning) is that people need to break out of the online leftist Twitter bubble. Basically everything that seized the attention of the bubble had no real world relevance - all the bullshit about Warren and Buttigieg was just in the imaginations of the terminally online.

I mean, I'm pretty sure Buttigieg systematically purging all the black people he could from positions of power in South Bend was a factor in his lack of black support in the primaries as well as being a reason people here hate him and why he's not going to be elected to any future positions of power he acquires, even if the DNC is going to keep shoving his racist rear end wherever they can for decades to come.

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

shrike82 posted:

People arguing that the fix was in for Sanders as a radical that needed to be taken down apparently haven't been following how he's been behaving as a Biden surrogate.

what does that have to do with anything?

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Rimusutera posted:

Its the height of condescension to tell the majority of people alienated by the Democratic party's political decisions that they're in fact obligated to vote for the Dems for whatever reason, shifting away the onus of actually putting forward good candidates.

Also a bit absurd to try and weasel around "complicit in a racist police system" using "Trump is a fascist"

Yeah. Also voting for a Biden/Harris ticket endorsed by Kissenger with people like Navarro on staff isn't a vote against fascism.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Sentiment already expressed but these are punchier and better-written.
https://twitter.com/briebriejoy/status/1293050641791758336
https://twitter.com/briebriejoy/status/1293051899336372225
https://twitter.com/bombsfall/status/1293214048000118785
https://twitter.com/bombsfall/status/1293214506542301187

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

shrike82 posted:

How many pyramid schemes are you currently a part of?

e: sorry I meant "upward-momentum entrepreneurial opportunities"

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Rainbow Knight posted:

what does that have to do with anything?

It's shrike82, they're trolling and don't read replies

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

the_steve posted:

If Kopmala isn't the VP pick, I will legit be surprised.
This is the DNC's chance to backdoor her in to the White House since voters didn't want her in the primary.
Lol

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

eggyolk posted:

Biden Harris isn't gonna set the world on fire, but considering how much everything has been burning I'm okay with that. Honestly it'll be more interesting to see how a Biden cabinet gets filled out to reverse the damage and define how much influence Bernie actually exerted.

Im here from 2021 to tell you the answer is nothing

Jamie Dimon will be Treasury Secretary

Mark Evers will be retained as Defense Secretary.

Devos will be replaced by Cory Booker, who used to work with her

Like the game now is to guess how many Republicans are gonna be in Bidens cabinet.

I'm gonna go ahead and say 3

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

The Artificial Kid posted:

Sorry to dredge back many pages, but I've just got up and reading back through what people are saying.

I think you're misled if you don't think people should vote for one kick in the nuts instead of two. Republicans have dragged America to the point where it is by being willing to elect anything wears a flag pin and hates abortion. No matter how odious, even Trump, they'll vote for it. The reason for that is that you live in a two party system. That is not some temporary scam created by the two parties, it is inherent (accidentally) in America's electoral system. The only way to fix it is major reform, and repeatedly allowing the most-worst candidates to beat the less-worst candidates is not the way to achieve that reform. You have to create the breathing space for progressive ideas and reforms. You have to be so committed to electing the lesser of two evils that the greater of two evils becomes untenable, and the lesser of two evils eventually becomes the greater of two goods. If you allow being a total piece of poo poo to be a workable electoral strategy for the right wing and their backers, you'll be governed badly by bad people.

so basically what you are saying is liberals and republicans are going to ensure that nothing good ever happens?

When it comes to Kamala: Looks like wall street wins at the cost of poor people,,,again.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Shageletic posted:

Like the game now is to guess how many Republicans are gonna be in Bidens cabinet.

I'm gonna go ahead and say 3

Imagine how many will be in the cabinet if he loses!

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

joepinetree posted:

his Latino outreach person being proudly linked to the Contras, his Asian American outreach person being proudly linked to Hindu nationalist paramilitary
What's the Contra thing? Biden's main leads of Lation outreach are Cristobal Alex who is like 36 with good grassroots bonafides and Caesar Chavez's granddaughter.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Timeless Appeal posted:

What's the Contra thing? Biden's main leads of Lation outreach are Cristobal Alex who is like 36 with good grassroots bonafides and Caesar Chavez's granddaughter.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ana_Navarro presumably

Verus
Jun 3, 2011

AUT INVENIAM VIAM AUT FACIAM

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

What do we even say anymore? This is the entire thread. One group of sane people with pattern recognition understanding that when the republicans commit N atrocities, the dems feel free to commit exactly N - 1 atrocities, so maybe we should stop loving enabling them, and one group that doesn't and never, ever will.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
Ah okay. To clarify, she's not part of Biden's campaign even though she's an active supporter and drumming up more rightwing Latino support for Biden. Which I know seems like splitting hairs, but his actual Latino outreach person is a Civil Rights lawyer and grassroots organizer. And mentioning her with Jani actively obscures that.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

Timeless Appeal posted:

Biden campaign had Ana Navarro headline an event for them. She boasts about her dad being a Contra and all the brave raping he did in defense of capitalism.

You can write off reaching out to the Never Trumpers as the enemy of my enemy is my friend, but from a left perspective it is very disconcerting how easily and comfortably the Dems are tapping Republicans for outreach. Makes you wonder what they're promising them behind the scenes, because lol if you think a single Republican breathing today actually cares about the spirit of the nation or whatever other nonsense they ramble about while they enjoy their massive Trump tax cuts.

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."
Can I point out it would have been much smarter to give Marianne Williamson and Andrew Yang speaking spots at the DNC than John Kasich if you're seeking to expand the party. I guess there weren't enough Lich's on the schedule already.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

what an own my god reeling right now irl

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Glumwheels posted:

I agree and this is how I feel about the position we’re in

https://mobile.twitter.com/emteehall/status/1293285359074160640

https://mobile.twitter.com/ResistWisely/status/1293536121998254080

This is an excellent set of tweets but not for the reasons their authors intended.

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

Glumwheels posted:

I agree and this is how I feel about the position we’re in

https://mobile.twitter.com/emteehall/status/1293285359074160640

Biden is a literal fascist though. Go ahead and check Eco’s 14 characteristics of Ur-Fascism and you’ll find maybe 1 that doesn’t describe him or his campaign.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

shrike82 posted:

I think more broadly, people need to get off the internet and go outside. Unfortunately for Americans that isn't really an option right now.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

DynamicSloth posted:

Can I point out it would have been much smarter to give Marianne Williamson and Andrew Yang speaking spots at the DNC than John Kasich if you're seeking to expand the party. I guess there weren't enough Lich's on the schedule already.
The DNC believes they can get moderate Republicans onboard. This has been their strategy since the 90s

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Code Jockey posted:

Why does it never occur to these people, that if they a) think that Trump must be stopped at all costs, b) think the Dem candidate sucks, and in most cases c) believe, for whatever reason, that there are only two parties to choose from, not to push back against the Democrat leadership and make them choose someone else?

Why the gently caress do people just accept what the Dems decide without question? Why is the criticism always of the other voters, and never of the leadership forcing the decision?

The thing is that some liberals were preemptively making noises about how they'd "likely be disappointed" by Biden's pick but it's "important to rally around Biden's pick", before they had any idea who he had even chosen. I'm convinced that a lot of the scolding is not even directed at recalcitrant leftists (like us) so much but at themselves. That is to say, I think they're trying to convince themselves that Biden is good and will provide the change we need. I've always said that if Biden-Harris being a great ticket were obvious, there'd be no need for the finger wagging about the "dang Cheeto in the White House".

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

The thing is that some liberals were preemptively making noises about how they'd "likely be disappointed" by Biden's pick but it's "important to rally around Biden's pick", before they had any idea who he had even chosen. I'm convinced that a lot of the scolding is not even directed at recalcitrant leftists (like us) so much but at themselves. That is to say, I think they're trying to convince themselves that Biden is good and will provide the change we need. I've always said that if Biden-Harris being a great ticket were obvious, there'd be no need for the finger wagging about the "dang Cheeto in the White House".

A big theme with liberals has been wild projection pretty much the entire year. They've been the most volatile out of everyone, including leftists and full on MAGA, from start to finish, and sometimes you can almost visibly see the contradictions tearing them apart before they beat those treacherous thoughts back down. I'm sure by November some will win the victory over themselves and love Joe Biden. (And likely just in time to see him lose and have it all be for naught)

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

America is built on white supremacy and colonialism, fascism has always been here. Just because it hadn't hit her gentrified white person approved neighborhood in California yet doesn't change that. Voting for Biden wont make it go away, it will do the exact opposite.

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

Better Things Are Not Possible

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

Rainbow Knight posted:

Better Things Are Not Possible

There's always more and it's always worse

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006
go outside and take in the world as it is, but, uh

not like those people protesting, those are violent anarchists Joe Biden promises to bring to justice

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

its insane to me that anyone has ever taken this guy seriously

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

shrike82 posted:

primary voters are not like general election voters. primary voters watch cable news pundits, are much more Online, etc. the media narrative of the "race" becomes reality because primary voters believe it into existence. that's why a sustained media campaign against the leftist candidate, supported by the party machinery, was successful in the primary; and why a sustained media campaign against trump, in support of the dem candidate, was unsuccessful in 2016 (and probably 2020)

FlamingLiberal posted:

The DNC believes they can get moderate Republicans onboard. This has been their strategy since the 90s
this is absolutely true. it's hilarious to listen to washington types talk about moderate and swing voters getting behind "common sense policies" and compromise. they live in their own little world, if you try to talk to them about the scientific evidence that their entire theory of politics has been false since the 1970s, they look back at you with a blank stare.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Aug 12, 2020

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The postal service is officially being sabotaged. It's probably best to assume that postal votes might as well go straight in an incinerator. At best, the warehouse from Indiana Jones.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Hooooly poo poo.

https://twitter.com/queeninyeiiow/status/1293565696941719552?s=21

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ghost Leviathan posted:

The postal service is officially being sabotaged. It's probably best to assume that postal votes might as well go straight in an incinerator. At best, the warehouse from Indiana Jones.

But do we get a refrigerator that can survive a nuclear blast, out of it?

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

why a sustained media campaign against trump, in support of the dem candidate, was unsuccessful in 2016 (and probably 2020)

When did this happen? I recall them horseracing it the whole way

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

lmao

it never ceases to amuse me when people forget to clean up after themselves, though anymore I just assume people are screenshotting everything as soon as it's posted anyway

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

Timeless Appeal posted:

Sure, she is not the lead outreach person, just someone that the campaign tapped to do Latino outreach occasionally. Doesn't change much though. And if you look at his team for Latin America, it doesn't get much better. People like Juan Gonzalez of the Cohen group, who not too long ago was praising Trump's approach to Venezuela and mourning the retirement of Ros-Lehtinen.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Harold Fjord posted:

When did this happen? I recall them horseracing it the whole way
They did and a lot of the "sustained critique" in 2016 was in the form of "Anchor goes off about how they disagree with Trump's policy, and then brings on someone to argue for the policy for 15 minutes with no pushback"

(which is still happening)

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

I've given this guy the benefit of the doubt previously, there was always some plausible deniability or the possibility he was just stupid, but I was being way too generous. Complete and total grifter.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
Speaking of Latin America, looking forward to 4-8 more years of my Cuban family struggling while it gets harder and harder to send them what they need, but what really matters is that we're taking a stand for Democracy in Venezuela and sanctioning the Cuban government for being their allies, that'll show 'em.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I'd like to congratulate the Democratic Party on managing to lose against Donald Trump again.