Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Not ALL DC statues are from DC Collectibles. They license out to a lot of other companies.

That was supposed to be "all the statues you see at Gamestop, and a lot at comic book shops" but I only got halfway through I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
If Macfarlane can remember characters other than Batman exist, it’s be great.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Some new pics of the MOTU Origins deluxe figures.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
He-Man's battle armor feature seems a bit small but otherwise these are great!

We're not even a month into release and already seeing a variant of the main two, this makes me really hopeful for Thunderpunch and Dragon Blaster Skeletor to hit fairly quickly as well. We already know they're tooling the DB armor for the WWE line!

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
So, uhhh, definitely not this thread's forté so to speak, but if anyone wouldn't mind keeping an eye out for these at Target, I would be more than happy to cover cost + shipping + finder's fee:

Nanigans fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Aug 11, 2020

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Rhyno posted:

We're not even a month into release and already seeing a variant of the main two, this makes me really hopeful for Thunderpunch and Dragon Blaster Skeletor to hit fairly quickly as well. We already know they're tooling the DB armor for the WWE line!

The Battle Damage feature looks to actually be functional, unlike recent ones where one would just swap out the plates

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
They said it IS functional!

Captain Morose
Jun 20, 2005

Rhyno posted:

It's definitely not as wide as the original, but I think it's because of the swappable arm pegs. I'm guessing someone on the design team had an "ahhh gently caress" moment when they started actually engineering the battle armor chests.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Nanigans posted:

So, uhhh, definitely not this thread's forté so to speak, but if anyone wouldn't mind keeping an eye out for these at Target, I would be more than happy to cover cost + shipping + finder's fee:

Are these on brickseek? I'm at target far too often since I shop for a few people.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Captain Morose posted:

It's definitely not as wide as the original, but I think it's because of the swappable arm pegs. I'm guessing someone on the design team had an "ahhh gently caress" moment when they started actually engineering the battle armor chests.

You're likely right! I wonder how they're going to work in action features for other figures.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I guess I'm officially holding off on the Origins line until I see what they're doing with the 7" He-Man line. Based on the rough outlines they showed, it looks like potentially a return to interesting character redesigns, which I've been hoping for ever since the 200x line ended.

The She-Ra that "leaked" on the back of that one box looks suspiciously like this "convention exclusive" figure that was announced months ago; I'm guessing she is designed to fit with the Origins line, and it wouldn't surprise me if they come out with a less-fancy version for mass retail, which I'm sure I will also buy.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Snacksmaniac posted:

Are these on brickseek? I'm at target far too often since I shop for a few people.

Nope. I looked earlier and didn't find 'em. =/

I ended up paying a markup for 'em, but not as bad as it coulda been, so don't mind me. Appreciate it, though.

Captain Morose
Jun 20, 2005

Rhyno posted:

You're likely right! I wonder how they're going to work in action features for other figures.

It will be interesting to see how they make that jump, especially if they want to keep parts swappable. I cant think of too many examples where chest space is as big a problem as the battle armor mechanism (mosquitor or rattlor maybe?).

I'm more curious to see how they handle stuff like Mantenna, Leech, Stonedar/Rokkon, Squeeze. Though I suppose that the deluxe Ram Man is indication enough that they'll stray outside the standard body types when necessary.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

April from the first TNMT figure coming some time

https://www.instagram.com/p/CDwxmD3p2DR/

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!
I got extremely lucky and walked into my Target right after the Neca guy had set up the TMNT stuff. They had 2x Metalheads, 2x Casey Jones/Foot and 4x Slash/Leatherhead.

Ended up getting one of each, then my brother ran up to get the two packs. It's a shame that these are so difficult to find, because they are great looking.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

https://twitter.com/KojiProFans/status/1292866250306195461?s=20

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
no

CaptainN
Jul 28, 2004

Grant DaNasty posted:

Looks like the Battle Armor He-Man is coming with an alternate OG He-Man head.

Thanks, had not seen that.

I'd seen one of the Comic-Con type releases had an alt head, but figured that was a one-off.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Davros1 posted:

April from the first TNMT figure coming some time

https://www.instagram.com/p/CDwxmD3p2DR/

Also it's going to be a pre-order figure similar to T&R, which is exactly how it should be. I subscribed to Judith Hoag's youtube channel as she said she's going to have videos filming the whole figure creating process and I've always wanted to see how NECA makes their figures.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Louisgod posted:

Also it's going to be a pre-order figure similar to T&R, which is exactly how it should be. I subscribed to Judith Hoag's youtube channel as she said she's going to have videos filming the whole figure creating process and I've always wanted to see how NECA makes their figures.

It being a pre-order is really great news. It makes me laugh that NECA seems to be so floored that the pre-orders were welcomed by the community, but at least they're doing them more regularly now.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Anyone here live near Edison, New Jersey?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Rhyno posted:

Anyone here live near Edison, New Jersey?

probably not close enough to be of any real use but shoot

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I might put a bid in on a large MOTU lot and would need someone to hold it for me until I can make the trip. I'm not sure I'm going to bid but it's calling my name.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Rhyno posted:

I might put a bid in on a large MOTU lot and would need someone to hold it for me until I can make the trip. I'm not sure I'm going to bid but it's calling my name.

I'm in NYC but have a car. Go find me GI Joes.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

yeah Edison is a bit too out of the way for me to do that for you, sorry

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
It’s been something watching your slow descent into MOTU madness, Rhyno.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Fuzz posted:

I'm in NYC but have a car. Go find me GI Joes.

I've been checking brickseek every day!

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Rhyno posted:

I've been checking brickseek every day!

Get me Baroness and some troopers on Friday, and we'll talk. Can hold them indefinitely in my parents' basement if it's not something stupid like you get back to me in 2025 or something.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'll do my best!

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Hell Yea

I looked for joes and tmnt stuff for all you degenerates and my target — normally a goldmine, is bone dry

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

How slow is Megalopolis on shipping under normal circumstances? I ordered Thanos a month ago, and they shortly thereafter sent out a mass email about staffing shortages and COVID-related delays so I’m giving them the benefit of the doubt, but also wondering how long I should give before I pester them about it :ghost:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Sanschel posted:

How slow is Megalopolis on shipping under normal circumstances? I ordered Thanos a month ago, and they shortly thereafter sent out a mass email about staffing shortages and COVID-related delays so I’m giving them the benefit of the doubt, but also wondering how long I should give before I pester them about it :ghost:

They’re notoriously slow. Peaugh had a real go at them in a recent review.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
From what I gather unless you're getting sponsored on YT you don't get your poo poo in anything close to a reasonable time frame.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow
I stopped using Megalopolis when they changed their rewards system to where you can only buy one item with your points which has to cover both items cost AND shipping. Before that I really only used them when they had a sale and I would buy a bunch to mitigate their outrageous shipping cost.

On a different note, I found Cobra Island Roadblock the other day at Target (they only had him). I wasn't originally going to get him, but he's absolutely awesome in person, so I did.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

EDIT: Looks like they sent out a $5 coupon to anyone dumb enough to pay the shipping on Super Shredder last week. And they also said that starting tomorrow they will be doing flat rate shipping for "better pricing". I'm skeptical, but I guess we'll see what the new shipping prices are.

DOUBLE EDIT: To clarify, I was dumb enough to pay for shipping. I'm making fun of myself.

Agrias120 fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Aug 14, 2020

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The_Doctor posted:

They’re notoriously slow. Peaugh had a real go at them in a recent review.

I bought one thing from them and they shipped it really fast. It was the Halloween 3 set and it was a few months back.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I bought some marvel legends stuff on sale and it got here pretty quick. The life size replica stuff.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Agrias120 posted:

EDIT: Looks like they sent out a $5 coupon to anyone dumb enough to pay the shipping on Super Shredder last week. And they also said that starting tomorrow they will be doing flat rate shipping for "better pricing". I'm skeptical, but I guess we'll see what the new shipping prices are.

Getting it in November is a decent trade off for having to check a couple Targets weekly.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
People have been finding the exclusive Cobra Trooper, Beach Head, and Roadblock at Target over the last two weeks, with mixed luck on being allowed to purchase them before the actual "street date" tomorrow (the 14th).

So far, nobody in the U.S. has found the Baroness yet, and she's the only one I want, so I haven't been to any Targets looking. I check Popfindr and Brickseek every morning and right before I crash at night, and all my local stores are still showing zero stock, which means she almost certainly won't be stocked tomorrow. Just out of curiosity, do any of you see her in a store near you?

https://popfindr.com/inventory/target/087-16-4933
https://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker/?sku=087-16-4933

Big Bad Voodoo Lou fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Aug 14, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

That’s a negative for me as well.