Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
My wife tells me exactly what to buy and then I buy that exact thing. It's a good system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Who What Now posted:

My wife tells me exactly what to buy and then I buy that exact thing. It's a good system.

My wife sends me a photo of the box that I refer to in the grocery store as well as putting the full title on the grocery list

Cerebral Mayhem
Jul 18, 2000

Very useful on the planet Delphon, where they communicate with their eyebrows

Facebook Aunt posted:

Guys doing the shopping also have the problem of facing a huge wall of products they don't understand. Does the range of tampons from "slim" to "super plus" refer to vagina size? :stonk: When it comes to pads, thicker is better, right? Those thin ones don't look like they can hold much at all, now the super thick overnight incontinence pads, those look dependable! Should you get the ones that come in jazzy brightly coloured boxes, or subtle medical looking things like what your old mum used to have? What's the deal with wings and walls? And if they get it wrong the lady may be insulted somehow. Or just shake her head and give you the look.

I feel for them. I get decision paralysis in the yogurt aisle.

I witnessed this scenario play out at the supermarket once. Poor guy kept pacing back and forth in the feminine hygiene aisle, staring in bewilderment at the wall of products, a look of rising panic in his face. His wife/girlfriend no doubt told him to get her pads or tampons and he had no idea how to choose.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Dixville posted:

I think my least favorite part of periods is like the last day or 2 when it's all black and chunky coming out. I'm experiencing that right now and let me tell you, I don't like it one bit!
Edit: i used to be on lo loestrin and it made me not have periods. It was awesome and I want to get back on it but i had an abnormal pap smear so i have to have further testing before they will give me any borth control.

Since my periods started getting extra extra extra long, I have at LEAST 5 days of that weak, dark brown, vaguely clotty, spotting right between the "just enough to see it when I wipe" and "just enough that I can't wear underwear by itself" stages -- at the beginning AND end of my periods. They last longer at the end and eventually it stops, but it's like, as soon as I get comfortable, I'll poop or something and it'll come back.

Facebook Aunt posted:

The yogurt aisle is some bullshit these days. When I was a kid there was plain, fruit on the bottom or fruit mixed in, and maybe 2 or 3 brands, and like 4 different fruits.

Now there's fat free. Sugar free. Reduced fat. No sugar added. Full fat. 11% fat, what the gently caress, that's just sour cream. Extra thick. Extra runny. Probiotic yogurt. Prebiotic yogurt. Gluten free, why was there gluten? Organic. Vegan (what??). 20 different brands. A wild array of fruits. Plus some things that aren't even fruit, like coconut or vanilla flavor.

The yogurt aisle is a loving minefield these days.

Fage Total w/ Strawberry is my go-to yogurt. The grocery store nearest to my apartment has Fage 2%/fat-free strawberry, 2%/fat-free blueberry, Total plain, and Total honey. I go with Total honey because 2% & fat-free Fage tastes like plastic, and so does Chobani.

edit:

Who What Now posted:

Grocery lists are the best, and tomorrow is circular day, which is when I take inventory & write my first draft.

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

After you have a kid you just queef out blood for days and I made sure to be extremely specific to my husband about what kind of pads to get. The biggest overnighterest ones they got.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
Knockoff ThinX report:

Fine so far, but these are NOT high-waisted and the last thing I want is an elastic in my laparoscopy scar. Not flattering.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

my body faked me out the last time I posted itt :( I had the single spot and then days of gently caress-all until the wee hours of this morning. Not that I’m complaining about more time spent not oozing and cramping, but I haven’t been trolled by my cycle like that since I was an awkward adolescent at church camp. (If any God exists, may it bless and keep the counselors who figured out my plight and slipped me some pads to get through the rest of that week. That’s doing the Lord’s work, imho.)

ah, well. I got peanut butter chocolate chip cookies and snickerdoodles, part of a vape cartridge, and a cat in my lap; I got this

SatansOnion fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Aug 12, 2020

Strumpie
Dec 9, 2012
i have a serious question.
is there anything in particular a boyfriend/husband can do that actually helps make the experience more bearable?

none of my partners have had problematic periods, so i've never really been called upon.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Strumpie posted:

is there anything in particular a boyfriend/husband can do that actually helps make the experience more bearable?

none of my partners have had problematic periods, so i've never really been called upon.

It's tough because what works for one person might be what another person absolutely hates, but it's a good idea to have a heating pad around the house. Maybe offer a lower back massage, or to get a favorite meal/snack. I think probably the best advice is to just listen and read body language as best you can.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos
Mine ended three or hour days ago and I have been feeling pretty okay. Is there such a thing as a food anti-craving? I keep thinking, oh, I could have a big juicy cheeseburger for lunch with greasy fries and a nice sugary soda, but I really just feel like some apple slices.

The pants that were tight around the stomach and thighs two days ago now fit nicely. I hate bloating.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Strumpie posted:

For three months 10 years ago, I lived with a dude that I was loving, and the best thing he did was doing all my chores & leaving me the hell alone.

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

The ghosts of our glories are gray-bearded guides
Fun Shoe

Strumpie posted:

Ask your period-haver when they are not currently in hormonal hell what you can do to help. This will allow a much more constructive conversation than when in the midst of Blood Hell. Every person is different, and each period can be different. Sometimes I want salty things and all I can eat dick, other times it's chocolate and don't loving look at me

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

YeahTubaMike posted:

For three months 10 years ago, I lived with a dude that I was loving, and the best thing he did was doing all my chores & leaving me the hell alone.

No matter how mild the period, it's not a time to deal with boyfriend bullshit.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Pyrtanis posted:

Sometimes I want salty things and all I can eat dick

I tried period sex one time, and one time alone. His dick basically jostled all the blood out of me, and then the room smelled like blood & sweat & dick & pussy. Never, ever again.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

YeahTubaMike posted:

I tried period sex one time, and one time alone. His dick basically jostled all the blood out of me, and then the room smelled like blood & sweat & dick & pussy. Never, ever again.

My wife always gets horny towards the beginning of her period but as reasonable people we've both kind of decided that no one wants to clean up after that. There are other ways to make a lady orgasm for the love of god.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
I know when my wife's period is coming because she turns into an absolute rear end in a top hat for about three days beforehand. Seriously, she changes from a generally playful, affectionate person into someone who actively seems to dislike me.

It took me a long time to not seriously think about breaking up with her most months, until I learned to just leave her the hell alone for a few days. Like, just not even talk to her at all unless and until she reaches out. I'm still not convinced this is particularly emotionally healthy, but for the sake of my sanity and our marriage it mostly seems to work.

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

Just gently caress and get the bloods flowing, then send her to take a 2-hour long hot shower. That's what normal ppl do.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr posted:

Just gently caress and get the bloods flowing, then send her to take a 2-hour long hot shower. That's what normal ppl do.

This is what ends up happening at the end of her period. We've finally waited it out, it's all quiet on the southern front we decide it's def time to get down and when we're done we both look down towards our genitals like :mad:GOD DANG IT:mad:.

Strumpie
Dec 9, 2012

Literally A Person posted:

This is what ends up happening at the end of her period. We've finally waited it out, it's all quiet on the southern front we decide it's def time to get down and when we're done we both look down towards our genitals like :mad:GOD DANG IT:mad:.

well, how does the story end???

Madness
Jan 23, 2007

purple death ray posted:

My wife sends me a photo of the box that I refer to in the grocery store as well as putting the full title on the grocery list

This is me, no photo no care there is like 900 loving options make it easy. I'm looking at you always changing your loving box wording often.

Madness
Jan 23, 2007

Bardeh posted:

I know when my wife's period is coming because she turns into an absolute rear end in a top hat for about three days beforehand. Seriously, she changes from a generally playful, affectionate person into someone who actively seems to dislike me.

It took me a long time to not seriously think about breaking up with her most months, until I learned to just leave her the hell alone for a few days. Like, just not even talk to her at all unless and until she reaches out. I'm still not convinced this is particularly emotionally healthy, but for the sake of my sanity and our marriage it mostly seems to work.

Truth, I track her cycle for this exact reason so I can avoid her at all cost and if I am around her I'm overly nice lol

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Strumpie posted:

well, how does the story end???

Like all great pieces of literature, with blood.

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

Madness posted:

Truth, I track her cycle for this exact reason so I can avoid her at all cost and if I am around her I'm overly nice lol

I use the Clue app and I can share my cycle with others if they download the app as well. It’s super helpful!

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Metaline posted:

I use the Clue app and I can share my cycle with others if they download the app as well. It’s super helpful!

It was Miss Scarlett, in the observatory, with the wrench, on her period

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I hope this isn't weird to say but I'm glad this thread is going well because this is GBS

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Laffo if you've never live streamed your partner who is standing in the feminine hygiene aisle in a country neither of you speak the language arguing over what the hell package to buy as the non-English speaking staff partially out of frame visibly lust for death

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Jose posted:

I hope this isn't weird to say but I'm glad this thread is going well because this is GBS

For real though this is fascinating and very educational

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Jose posted:

There are girls here now. Or at least grossfat computermen doing a really REALLY good of pretending to be girls. Either way it's a nice change.

samizdat
Dec 3, 2008

Ralph Crammed In posted:

After you have a kid you just queef out blood for days and I made sure to be extremely specific to my husband about what kind of pads to get. The biggest overnighterest ones they got.

It was hosed but I got Depends (or the Target generic version at least) and it was nice. I had a c-section so the whole "high-waisted adult diaper thing" felt comfortable.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

YeahTubaMike posted:

My ex loved this, we'd go at it in the shower and she said it helped with her cramps and how much bleeding she'd deal with for the next couple days.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

sigher posted:

My ex loved this, we'd go at it in the shower and she said it helped with her cramps and how much bleeding she'd deal with for the next couple days.

Wow, it actually worsened my cramps. Maybe we did it wrong or something.

Pyrtanis
Jun 30, 2007

The ghosts of our glories are gray-bearded guides
Fun Shoe

sigher posted:

If mine was not on time or doing that hesitant spotting bullshit my bf and I would have sex just to knock it on

seems weird but I'm sure I'm not the only one to be like ok we are good unf oh no

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Period sex has always been a pretty neutral thing for me. If I'm down to gently caress, the other person is down to gently caress and doesn't mind I'm on my period then I'm good and vice versa. My lady partners over all haven't been in to it but I've had more male partners who have been all about it, while still being really weird about tampons or pads. I was serious with a guy who once made me sleep on his couch or who would sleep on k my couch because mensturating in his bed or non-sexually sleeping next me in my bed while I had my period was gross but we'd have sex during it.

Tulalip Tulips fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Aug 13, 2020

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Strumpie posted:

Like others have said, you really have to ask the lady in question. For some a lower back rub or an orgasm will help the cramps and discomfort a bunch, but for others being touched in any way at all is uncomfortable.

If you do end up with a lady with bad periods try not to stress about it too much. It's not your fault. It's not her fault. It's just the biological lottery and everybody "wins" something lovely eventually.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Period sex has always been a pretty neutral thing for me. If I'm down to gently caress, the other person is down to gently caress and doesn't mind I'm on my period then I'm good and vice versa. My lady partners over all haven't been in to it but I've had more male partners who have been all about it, while still being really weird about tampons or pads. I was serious with a guy who once made me sleep on his couch or who would sleep on k my couch because mensturating in his bed or non-sexually sleeping next me in my bed while I had my period was gross but we'd have sex during it.

God dating men must loving suck.

Pinus Porcus
May 14, 2019

Ranger McFriendly

Pyrtanis posted:

If mine was not on time or doing that hesitant spotting bullshit my bf and I would have sex just to knock it on

seems weird but I'm sure I'm not the only one to be like ok we are good unf oh no

Same. Having sex kickstarts my period pretty regularly.

The only problem is on the back end, I have to wait a day or so after it ends to have sex, otherwise my body seems to decide it can find more blood and tissue and it will restart.

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Started spotting today which sucks because it's stupid hot here in the UK right now and NO NOT NOW PLEASE GOD NO

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Pinus Porcus posted:

Same. Having sex kickstarts my period pretty regularly.

The only problem is on the back end, I have to wait a day or so after it ends to have sex, otherwise my body seems to decide it can find more blood and tissue and it will restart.

:same:

REVIEW OF NEW MIRENA: Small amount of cramping yesterday that sucked hard for about 15 minutes and then disappeared with a bowl and an aspirin. Still light 'n rusty. I almost miss having big chunks of tissue to queef out.

REVIEW OF PERIOD PANTIES: Relatively comfortable despite lower-than-optimal rise. Full coverage front and back. Definitely not super breathable, but not much worse than wearing cheap polyester panties on a hot day usually is. However, I am anticipating something of a tucking panty-stank situation after a few wears. Will report back.

Jose posted:

This is legit amazing to me. If such a thread had been started in 2003, teen witch would have been helldumped and the thread itself would have been three or four real posts before all the female-identified people just shut up and went away quietly while the dudes posted PERIODS ARE GROSS and DON'T TRUST NOTHIN' WHAT BLEEDS FOR FIVE DAYS AND DOESN'T DIE LOL and probably someone would have Photoshopped a tampon into the goatse.cx butt.

Prism Mirror Lens
Oct 9, 2012

~*"The most intelligent and meaning-rich film he could think of was Shaun of the Dead, I don't think either brain is going to absorb anything you post."*~

:chord:

jokes posted:

God dating men must loving suck.

I mean we have multiple people saying yeah leave your wife/gf the gently caress alone for several days a month because she turns into a crazy person, dating women clearly also sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

samizdat posted:

It was hosed but I got Depends (or the Target generic version at least) and it was nice. I had a c-section so the whole "high-waisted adult diaper thing" felt comfortable.

I had an episiotomy so I had stiches which meant I had to make sure they didn't get infected so I had to rinse them off after I peed and I was supposed to pee after I breastfeed because it would reduce my uterus size (?!?!?!) and I had to breastfeed at least once every two to four hours. So for two or three weeks I had to splash my cooter after peeing with a liter of cold water like ten times a day (cause I didn't want to wait for warm water to heat up as I just wanted to get back to bed cause my healing episiotomy was so sore) and as a result the toilet was just drenched with bloody water all the time. Husband had to clean it constantly cause I was in too much pain/busy with a newborn.

And this was a relatively good/easy post-natal period. I didn't have any serious constipation issues and my milk came in fine and I didn't get infected. He-goons beware; if you think periods are icky things get really gnarly after birth.