Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Coffee?
This poll is closed.
Yay! 54 34.39%
Nay. 43 27.39%
O-kay? 24 15.29%
Whatever. 36 22.93%
Total: 157 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Raenir Salazar posted:

Like that's it, artists on my feed, making that exact argument that I've seen across my feed, and I disagree with that position.

e: In the case of Uzaki-chan that critique might be wrong / missing the point of the character / might be under bad faith or bad intentioned but the response if given at all, should be focused on what makes that critique bad, and not as a part of a culture war.
Why are you talking about tweets weve never seen from people we dont know like were expected to know the whole context

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
let's all just listen to the burn up! ost

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWC8Ep2k7-8

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Raenir Salazar posted:

e: In the case of Uzaki-chan that critique might be wrong / missing the point of the character / might be under bad faith or bad intentioned but the response if given at all, should be focused on what makes that critique bad, and not as a part of a culture war.

The 'critiques' were in the first place transparently done as part of a culture war. That is why people are objecting to them, not because they hate the concept of criticism or even re-imagining characters or doing them in one's own style. Please stop trying to beat around the bush.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

The Colonel posted:

wondering if i'll watch another shaft after i finish pani poni. maybe tsukiyomi or koufuku graffiti

did you watch szs

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Endorph posted:

Why are you talking about tweets weve never seen from people we dont know like were expected to know the whole context

I mean, people can make mistakes in what they think is within the frame of reference for other people; I assumed the context was more apparent than it what it was, so I guess that my mistake? Additionally because I thought it would be an interesting conversation and this is a chat thread, which I assume is kinda of like a long form text version of a podcast where people can chime in with what's grinding their gears that particular moment.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

What's grinding my gears right now, it's games that make you grind for random drops to carry on with the story mode :argh:

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

*taps mic* Uzaki is boring and talking about Uzaki is also boring

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Sakurazuka posted:

What's grinding my gears right now, it's games that make you grind for random drops to carry on with the story mode :argh:

I don't think I've seen that since the early WoW days. I'm glad video game design has advanced in some ways.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

what's grinding my gears is all these sabots my laborers keep throwing into the machine

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Raenir Salazar posted:

my own concerns was more about the response to the controversy by artists making arguments very similar to, "how dare people criticize someone's opus".

you havent posted any examples of this at all and you're just acting like the Artistic Freedom of Critique is an impermeable idea that god handed down to us on a stone tablet, to be meted equally unto every situation regardless of cultural, political, or personal context.

you're trying to back down from the Uzaki stuff when you should be doing the exact opposite. don't look for new goalposts. look at those tweets as an example of how presenting your 'critique' is often just being an rear end in a top hat.

quote:

I'm suddenly seeing a lot of hot takes on my twitter feed by artists who I think should really know better suggesting that it's improper for other artists to redraw their art (added: in order to critique it).

can you post even just one of these.

there are a lot of instances where it would be improper. a ton of them. the majority of demonstrated instances of art redraws of which are specifically framed as critiques, are unprofessional, unsolicited, unprompted. et cetera.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Unfortunately I've decided I'm dropping that conversation.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

lmao

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Aurora posted:

did you watch szs

like half of it years ago, i'd like to finish it at some point but i'm not feeling 100% up for it right now

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Raenir Salazar posted:

rofl

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

The Colonel posted:

like half of it years ago, i'd like to finish it at some point but i'm not feeling 100% up for it right now

that's understandable

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

my fav shafts besides the big two are denpa onna and arakawa under the bridge. i gotta watch more of the 00s ones though

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Raenir Salazar posted:

lol

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
attack on titan has sure gone places I didn't expect it to go.

"you know what I hate? slaves."

-eren jaeger, 2020

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

........like the institution or the slaves themselves

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Spiritus Nox posted:

you know in your heart the answer.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Spiritus Nox posted:

yes

He himself is a slave to his future visions and he hates himself and he hates the institution

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
kinda agree with the look on mikasa's face rn

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Is that what the manga looks like now

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Stairmaster posted:

Big tiddy kouhai???????!??!!!?!!!!????

hello.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

That sounds like a similar ethos to Heero "I hate the weak" Yui.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://files.catbox.moe/njjatj.mp4

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
SUGOI DEKAI vs MEGA MILK

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Raenir Salazar posted:

lol but in a sympathetic way

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
i like the swap to the bunny/police outfits like phoenix is about to bring up a counterpoint but then just stops

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

lmao

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

:yeah:

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
Capcom should make a new Ace Attorney game.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

InspectorCarbonara posted:

Capcom should make Mega Man Legends 3.

Fixed

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

InspectorCarbonara posted:

Capcom should make a new Ace Attorney game.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
tbh i don't care so much about the idea of a "proper" legends 3 as much as just. getting more stuff in that setting with those characters. i'd be cool with like tron bonne 2 or something

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
i just want a game with closure

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Hell I'll take Athena Cykes Ace Attorney: Misadventures of Tron Bonne 2.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

I feel like Legends 3 is more possible now but I'd want a legacy collection first

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
yeah a legends collection would be nice for like. analog controls for legends 1 and a fix for the underwater ruins in legends 2. rockman dash 2 on psp changed them so being underwater doesn't make the game run at half speed and i feel like that is uh kind of a necessary fix lol, i'd love to have it in a version of the game with two analog sticks