Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

terrorist ambulance posted:

Virgil was on antifada and pretty good. Also that show is otherwise loving unlistenable

History is a Weapon episodes (it's Sean KB and Matt Christman) are worth paying their patreon at least for a month to get.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

PostNouveau posted:

Well, you see a 100 percent recreation would have cost $1.2 million, and *scoff* that would have been crazy to spend $1.2 million on a recreation of the Oval Office.

alternatively, maybe he just wanted to feel like a larger man

it would be funny if this were true and he scaled down the doors, desk, chairs, ceiling height etc. to fulfill the illusion

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
one of Frank Luntz best friends is Colorado senator Michael Bennett, whom you probably won't remember from the democratic presidential primaries debate stage.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

papa horny michael posted:

one of Frank Luntz best friends is Colorado senator Michael Bennett, whom you probably won't remember from the democratic presidential primaries debate stage.

I live in Colorado and I couldn't remember who he was

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

I find luntz a bizarre and interesting person

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
If you want to know more about Frank Luntz and are willing to listen to a podcast, there's an old Relentless Picnic about him. I haven't listened to it in a while so I don't know how good it is, but I recall liking it.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Didn't need to hear 20 mins of Ben Shapiro sister audio.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

mcmagic posted:

You're right it's a bummer without the visual.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Bill Maher The N-Word Guy!

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1293520377952567307

Bill! Bill! Bill! Bill!

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

mcmagic posted:

The Shapiros failing to understand anything cultural is pretty funny.

https://twitter.com/thelindsayellis/status/1293399798196797441

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

https://twitter.com/IamShaneMorris/status/1293549492101357569?s=19

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

When you get dunked on like that you really oughta consider retirement.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

AnEdgelord posted:

What would reopening the reddit do? These people have been here forever and having the reddit open didnt lessen their presence at all.

This is the most reddit rear end post in pages

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
in a shocking turn of events guess what the guy who thinks bernie should stop complaining about income inequality does for a living

https://twitter.com/IamShaneMorris/status/1293624375938342915

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

I'm unfamiliar with this guy so I thought this was a bit and kept waiting for the joke

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

oh yeah, no way we can raise taxes on this loving rear end in a top hat

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Virgil was on antifada and pretty good. Also that show is otherwise loving unlistenable

it's one of probably 5-6 podcasts in my library that are only in there because someone from Chapo or Giant Bomb did a guest spot

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I like Jamie well enough on the majority report but I haven't ever felt the urge to listen to the antifada

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Now that I have a job I kinda went crazy signing up for Patreons (like five of them!) but the Antifada was not one of them. It ocassionally has some good episodes, like when they talk history with Matt Christman or the Posadism for Normal People episode, but overall I'd rate it "okay".

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
The only podcast I pay for is RWN, because I've been subscribing to whatever Mark Ames and John Dolan are doing since NSFWcorp. The rest I bootleg.

Slanderer
May 6, 2007
lmao Glenn Greenwald totally called it wrt to the "age gap" debacle being an op

https://twitter.com/alexnpress/status/1293694287079788544

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

MonsieurChoc posted:

Now that I have a job I kinda went crazy signing up for Patreons (like five of them!) but the Antifada was not one of them. It ocassionally has some good episodes, like when they talk history with Matt Christman or the Posadism for Normal People episode, but overall I'd rate it "okay".

spending your first paycheck on patreon is literally the worst thing you could do with it. even buying heroin makes more sense, financially speaking

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Slanderer posted:

spending your first paycheck on patreon is literally the worst thing you could do with it. even buying heroin makes more sense, financially speaking

five patreons is 25 dollars a month

Slanderer
May 6, 2007
that's $25 of drugs you aren't ingesting. pirate the podcasts (allegedly)

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Chatting with some people in the TrueAnon discord about SA got us talking about our boy Kevin Patrick Dawes aka Caro. Anybody know whatever happened to him after he got released in like 2016? Google doesn't turn up anything more recent.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
I don't think Caro ever really came back online after his release. Probably because of being tortured as an already-mentally-ill person.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
That Antifada episode is really good. Virgil brings some actual energy to talk about some real poo poo instead of their usual shtick of falling asleep while talking about poo poo no one cares about.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

i hope Caro has found peace

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
i hope he finishes the next dang lbj book before he dies

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

https://twitter.com/THEHermanCain/status/1293642931610427392?s=19

Herman Cain tweeting through it.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
You can't spurn the Herm!

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

antifada actually had someone on to talk hong kong protests, so i have to give them some credit.

also as mentioned the history is a weapon episodes with matt are really good

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1D0quttOeY

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

Seams posted:

i hope he finishes the next dang lbj book before he dies

no chance in hell:

quote:

In an interview with The New York Review of Books in January 2018, Caro said that he was writing about 1965 and 1966 and a non-chronological section about the relationship between Johnson and Bobby Kennedy. Asked if he still planned to visit Vietnam soon, Caro replied: "Not yet, no. This is a very long book. And there's a lot to do before that's necessary. I'm getting close to it now."[15] In December 2018, it was reported that Caro is still "several years from finishing" the volume.[16] In January 2020, Caro said he had "typed 604 manuscript pages so far" and is "currently on a section relating to the creation of Medicare in 1965".[17] Due to the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic in 2020, Caro postponed his research trip to Vietnam and a visit to the Johnson Presidential Library, but continued work on the book from his home in Manhattan.[18]

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

https://twitter.com/richard_normal/status/1293726206769078274?s=20

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
You don't gotta be Fellini to figure that one out.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Gripweed posted:

five patreons is 25 dollars a month

Yeah, or maybe even less.

I've never taken drugs and I'd like to try to be a cool dude but I'm chicken.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

little munchkin posted:

in a shocking turn of events guess what the guy who thinks bernie should stop complaining about income inequality does for a living

https://twitter.com/IamShaneMorris/status/1293624375938342915

It's cool to program computers for work because I now understand just how monumentally useless this person's job is

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
The end of that Antifada episode is lit.

Virgil, join them permanently and make them a current events podcast instead of a podcast about interviewing academics about communist compounds in Mexico that they weren't allowed to even tour.

Edit: Content

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WHnsCT5tFw

I don't know why these take all take two days to upload. They don't appear to be editing them in anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
The best part of that Ben Shapiro opening is the dweeb low key admitting that he isn't dicking down his wife properly.