Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Reelism 2 is fun but I feel like medkits aren't as frequent as before and it's especially unfair with the runaway items roll :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I remember the original being pretty easy at times so this might be a good thing.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Reelism is the first doom mod I've ever tried and I am afraid.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Is it weird that I just want an Adventures of Square reveal?

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

The Kins posted:

I hate to interrupt all the fist-balling and garment-rending so soon buuuuuut...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKynvrDxqmk

Figures I had to see this while I'm still at work :argh:

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

The 7th Guest posted:

why is there a fourth postal

Probably because of Civvie11 if we're being honest, he's probably the best advertisement that franchise has had in like 15 years

al-azad
May 28, 2009

drrockso20 posted:

Probably because of Civvie11 if we're being honest, he's probably the best advertisement that franchise has had in like 15 years

I guess Milo wasn't enough to reach Postal's target audience

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

The Kins posted:

Just announced: Realms Deep, a two-day online stream event featuring updates and reveals on "over 40" retro FPS and retro FPS-adjacent games, chats with familiar faces and voices, charity drives, and, of course, that one thing we see at every single E3... Kingpin deathmatches.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7S71Gib5Hdo

It's cool that Stephan Weyte's suddenly had a minor career resurgence so late in life. :3:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

site posted:

ECWolf has Mac builds

Thank you.:tipshat:

Does Reelism require a relatively more powerful computer? I think I’ll try it as my first Doom mod as well if it runs well enough.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

The Kins posted:

I hate to interrupt all the fist-balling and garment-rending so soon buuuuuut...

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

The Kins posted:

Google has put a stop to most music and movies when using a Danish IP, so I can't watch this. I don't even know what a coda_cs is. :(

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

I DID IT

Got lucky and rolled tank twice, mowed the gently caress out of everything

I'm glad you have an infinite ammo pistol because running out of ammo in original was always frustrating

Zeether fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Aug 11, 2020

dracula vladdy AF
May 6, 2011
Overall Reelism 2 is pretty incredible. If I have one complaint, it's that the low friction is maybe slightly too low, I've found that a run is basically toast if I get that.

caleb
Jul 17, 2004
...rough day at the orifice.
DML 2.3 > gzdoom 433 : "reelism2_v0.5_earlyexcess.pk3:actors/player/splot_morph.zsc, line 29: Attempt to override non-existent virtual function PostUnmorph"

What am I doing wrong?

E: Updated gzdoom it works now.

caleb fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Aug 11, 2020

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

dracula vladdy AF posted:

Overall Reelism 2 is pretty incredible. If I have one complaint, it's that the low friction is maybe slightly too low, I've found that a run is basically toast if I get that.

Same, feels a bit too uncontrollable to be fun really.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Most of my runs ended with that, runaway items is annoying but if you chase them enough you can get them

Brovstin
Nov 2, 2012

Narcissus1916 posted:

Is it weird that I just want an Adventures of Square reveal?

No, more Adventures of Square is something that everyone should want. (devs have stated episode 3 is still a ways off though, sorry.)

ETPC
Jul 10, 2008

Wheel with it.
i would take a bullet for jimmy

Boy Wunder
Dec 2, 2000

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

It kinda reminds me of when people would rip out all of the textures and visual “noise” in old multiplayer games like Quake so you were just running through featureless hallways shooting at shapes.

D_mipcap 3 is the command in Quake. It significantly boosted the frame rate when playing on a Pentium 166 and I thought it looked kinda neat.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
The new Civvie video is... an old Civvie video that's now slightly less painful for your ears.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcuBwXFk5lM

Tim Thomas
Feb 12, 2008
breakdancin the night away
I really want him to do soldier of fortune, which is hilariously jank but still sort of endearing for its bananas locational damage

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

And that year, for his birthday, he got six pink ping pong balls in a little pink backpack.
I am really curious what Civvie’s next dance with DOS jank will be. Personally, I’m hoping it’s The Fortress of Dr. Radiaki, which I am sad to say I bought with my own money many years ago. At least it wasn’t expensive...

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I can replay Soldier of Fortune no problem and still have a good time. SoF2 had some cool ideas but some horrible ones too and I hated how they tried for some weapon handling realism but failed.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

For some reason I thought Civvie did a Perfect Dark review but I must be thinking of someone else who dryly complained about the turrets on Perfect Agent.

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

John Romero's name seems to have disappeared, how very odd??

https://twitter.com/InTheKeep/status/1293194079275106310

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Weyte wasn't on the first poster, so I'm just assuming one of the organisers screwed up updating the poster because they are very organised and not whatever form of perpetual energy Oshry manifests 24-7 seriously how does he keep it up

That or he's allergic to energy drink memes.
https://twitter.com/Freschism/status/1293569808311754752

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Shaking my head that 7-11 wasn't willing to fork over to advertise their personal brand of energy drinks Quake.

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Thanks for playing Alone in the dark 2.

Now please fuck off

Linguica posted:

John Romero's name seems to have disappeared, how very odd??

https://twitter.com/InTheKeep/status/1293194079275106310

I can certainly understand why Romero wouldn't want to be part of a stream hosting RWS.

Tim Willits is also someone I could be without but I certainly understand why he's invited. He always seemed all business to me with no real creative substance, but it might just be that I got the wrong impression of him.

Bonobos
Jan 26, 2004

Hasturtium posted:

I am really curious what Civvie’s next dance with DOS jank will be. Personally, I’m hoping it’s The Fortress of Dr. Radiaki, which I am sad to say I bought with my own money many years ago. At least it wasn’t expensive...

It was like 30 bux plus tax for the floppy version at Software Etc and I’m still upset how long I saved for that stupid game.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

al-azad posted:

For some reason I thought Civvie did a Perfect Dark review but I must be thinking of someone else who dryly complained about the turrets on Perfect Agent.

Honestly he should do some console shooters, would love to see how he handles stuff like the Turok or Timesplitters games

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

And that year, for his birthday, he got six pink ping pong balls in a little pink backpack.

Bonobos posted:

It was like 30 bux plus tax for the floppy version at Software Etc and I’m still upset how long I saved for that stupid game.

Oh. Oh, god. :( I spent like $10 at a Target in their budget pile and still felt put off after a few hours with it. The writing was weird but sorta funny until The Racism showed up. Controls were clunky, the engine was crude, and I don’t even remember what advantage the CD version had over the floppies. But somehow I still have it.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

drrockso20 posted:

Honestly he should do some console shooters, would love to see how he handles stuff like the Turok or Timesplitters games

He did Alien Resurrection, so hopefully there's more console shooters out there he'd do a video on. My only experience with Timesplitters was playing some zombie maps using the map editor at a friend's house on the Gamecube, so I'd be interested in seeing a look at that.

Since he's done some real jank poo poo, I hope Civvie does Breed at some point, I've always been curious since I read that CGW review. Especially since apparently there was some publisher fuckery and the version that got reviewed wasn't actually finished, and there was a much better later re-release?

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Now please fuck off
One game I would really like to see Civvie tackle is Redneck Rampage, he's done far worse games than that one.

If we're talking console shooters Alien vs Predator for the Jaguar would be awesome.

caleb
Jul 17, 2004
...rough day at the orifice.
I don't think he's done Kiss: Psycho Circus yet. That could be funny. I've never played it. I want to but I don't trust abandonware sites.
I kind of want to play that old Heavy Metal game but haven't for the same reason. I'm pretty sure it was the q3 engine.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

catlord posted:

He did Alien Resurrection, so hopefully there's more console shooters out there he'd do a video on. My only experience with Timesplitters was playing some zombie maps using the map editor at a friend's house on the Gamecube, so I'd be interested in seeing a look at that.

Since he's done some real jank poo poo, I hope Civvie does Breed at some point, I've always been curious since I read that CGW review. Especially since apparently there was some publisher fuckery and the version that got reviewed wasn't actually finished, and there was a much better later re-release?
I keep thinking I should try and play Breed because young me definitely bought into the "Halo killer" hype before it came out.

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

caleb posted:

I don't think he's done Kiss: Psycho Circus yet. That could be funny. I've never played it. I want to but I don't trust abandonware sites.
I kind of want to play that old Heavy Metal game but haven't for the same reason. I'm pretty sure it was the q3 engine.

Oh yeah. I met one of the programmers for Kiss Psycho Circus in the pit before a Nine Inch Nails show started, he seemed nice. Never played that game, though. Art direction looked good - I hope it felt more solid than other early LithTech games. And yeah, Heavy Metal’s engine was id Tech 3 for sure.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

caleb posted:

FAKK 2!!! Coming at youuuuuuu!

A real kludgy game but it looked pretty at the time. A lot of PC devs at the turn of the century were trying their hand at third person action games so you got janky stuff of varying quality like Ultima 8, Oni, Urban Chaos, Sanity, Hype: The Time Quest, Rune, The Devil Inside, oof so many weird and bad games came out like 1999-2002.

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Now please fuck off
That reminds me, heavy metal band Iron Maiden also released a video game, called Ed Hunter, since I haven't heard much about it I'm going to assume it's crap.

Was there any more metal bands that released their own video games besides Kiss and Iron Maiden?

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Kamrat posted:

That reminds me, heavy metal band Iron Maiden also released a video game, called Ed Hunter, since I haven't heard much about it I'm going to assume it's crap.

Was there any more metal bands that released their own video games besides Kiss and Iron Maiden?

Ed Hunter is not an FPS, it’s an on-rails shooter like those old Virtua Cop arcades. It’s not a great game, and they’re my favorite band.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Does Quake count as a Nine Inch Nails game?