Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
also lol that you pay to land on earth when you can just pirate the whole planet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

SmokaDustbowl posted:

also lol that you pay to land on earth when you can just pirate the whole planet

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
why bother dominating the planet when you can just become Space Bezos, paying a $4000 fine for your illegal actions every time you do a cargo run that nets you $1.8 million

oh also i got on the vell-os storyline and i guess they broke something in the final patch because the summer bloom kills every ship in the game in under 2 seconds. lol

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Sagebrush posted:

why bother dominating the planet when you can just become Space Bezos, paying a $4000 fine for your illegal actions every time you do a cargo run that nets you $1.8 million

because you can jump in and board all the pig ships they send at you for not having a jammer on your terrifying pirate ship, and then you can sell them back to the pigs lmao

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I mean do you want to be space bezos or space john macaffe?

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
Just wanna say need for speed underground 2 still bangs

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
anyway here is an accurate representation of playing escape velocity or any such game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtW6HW8jO_U

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

SmokaDustbowl posted:

I mean do you want to be space bezos or space john macaffe?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I will never finish Fallout 4. I've been just building the settlements for weeks. I only do quests when I need new junk.

Simsout when?

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

bobbilljim posted:

you mean you just want to rice out your car and race and don't want to spend 10000 hours getting insta-killed by cop cars? lame

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Sagebrush posted:

reminds me a lot of Uplink in that sense. if you buy a level 4 log deleter and the stuff required to hack banks before you do the one "trace a large transaction" unique mission, you can trace the transaction and then just steal all the money that was transferred and erase your tracks and oop look i now haveenough money to buy every single computer and software upgrade in the first 30 minutes of the game. welp

a friend and I were big into uplink when it came out, and we would call each other up with new ideas to hack the bank, and my friend figured the biggest piece out and it was great

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
it was new and indie and there were no FAQs or anything.

iirc is was a voice recognition thing where you had to call a certain voicemail and get a dude's voice

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

im playing Horizon Zero Dawn now on ps4

its pretty loving cool

its no breath of the wild though :smug:

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

horizon is really good

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

im playing Horizon Zero Dawn now on ps4

its pretty loving cool

its no breath of the wild though :smug:

correct, it actually has a story

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

posting again about warcraft 3; reign of chaos. if you have a key i can attach to bnet i'll send you 5 american dollars or something

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

Get it from wherever you get your linux roms. Then do a vpn or something if you want to do multiplayer

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

posting again about warcraft 3; reign of chaos. if you have a key i can attach to bnet i'll send you 5 american dollars or something

just pirate the real poo poo like everyone else

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

i want to play with my friends without janitoring hamachi vlan crap or whatever

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
who the gently caress plays videogames for story.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

my favorite parts of games are the story/exploration/world building

everything else exists to serve that

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
that's why i'm playing snowrunner right now

not particularly deep worldbuilding, but hey, death stranding with trucks

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
i play tetris for the rich plotlines

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Bored Online posted:

i play tetris for the rich plotlines

unsure if pun or not

nice

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

CJS where J is both Hideos and Job: Dude got busted for streaming Fortnite on the clock... because he advertised the stream on Facebook where all his work friends could see it. Videowned.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Anyway playing games not for the story is like reading books not for the story.

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Anyway playing games not for the story is like reading books not for the story.
Romance novel discussion ITT

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

bobbilljim posted:

I replayed NFS: Most Wanted and you could totally tell it was developed by the team that did the Burnout games; if you like your racing with a bit of grinding and crashing its def. worth a look when its on sale next.

https://isthereanydeal.com/game/needforspeedmostwanted/info/

Also; these weird-rear end cutscenes before the Evade the Cops missions:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fp93fC3Agj0

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Burnout 3 Takedown might be my favourite modern automobile racing computer video game. (Cat Racing Driving doesn't have automobiles, nor does Monkey Racing Race, and Slicks 'n' Slide isn't modern.) They should make more games like that. Or just the one but with crisper graphics, I'd pay for it.

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Burnout 3 Takedown might be my favourite modern automobile racing computer video game. (Cat Racing doesn't have automobiles, nor does Monkey Racing, and Slicks'n'Slide isn't modern.) They should make more games like that. Or just the one but with crisper graphics, I'd pay for it.

it's the last good burnout game anyways. no local multiplayer no buy.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

it's the last good burnout game anyways. no local multiplayer no buy.

Yeah when did that (or the lack of that) become accepted? It SUCKS!

I bought a few games that were really nice in every other way (I think Need for Speed poo poo was one of them?) but there was no multi-player and I was like "the gently caress am I supposed to do with this?"

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

3D Megadoodoo posted:

CJS where J is both Hideos and Job: Dude got busted for streaming Fortnite on the clock... because he advertised the stream on Facebook where all his work friends could see it. Videowned.

Just Lol if you friend ppl from your current job who would snitch you out

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

bobbilljim posted:

Just Lol if you friend ppl from your current job who would snitch you out

Yeah like, his (our) boss.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Burnout 3 Takedown
It was indeed a very good game (I think I have it emulated on PS2 somewhere) but!

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/6wYhhgFQcGVrP8a2ELAU7s?si=GL__q21HSXi6yujv8Xhc8g

lol this is some terrible soundtracking :o:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

NoneMoreNegative posted:

It was indeed a very good game (I think I have it emulated on PS2 somewhere) but!

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/6wYhhgFQcGVrP8a2ELAU7s?si=GL__q21HSXi6yujv8Xhc8g

lol this is some terrible soundtracking :o:

No it's exactly what the game calls for. Should have more Avril Lavigne though.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Soundtracks being mentioned reminded me of Rollcage. It kinda had cars and also a very suiting ST and was a really good racer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FL-agpImPRQ

e: also lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7ok5AV7ZrM

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hln2z7MCsUQ

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

when I bought a Nintendo Sixty-Four home computer system, Diddy Kong Racing and Lylat Wars were the games that came with it. (That's Space Fox for you Americanos)

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

when I bought a Nintendo Sixty-Four home computer system, Diddy Kong Racing and Lylat Wars were the games that came with it. (That's Space Fox for you Americanos)

thats a great bundle

e: i got killer instinct :/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Bored Online posted:

thats a great bundle

e: i got killer instinct :/

Diddy is good but fuken takes skills.