Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I only saw the chyron but it said Trump: Pay students not schools and I'm going to die laughing if this breaks up the ncaa

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

sharknado slashfic posted:

I only saw the chyron but it said Trump: Pay students not schools and I'm going to die laughing if this breaks up the ncaa
i hope the students jump on loving top of this and unionize

jesus goddamn christ DO IT NOW

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/rationaldis/status/1293292933807058948?s=21

I already knew a good deal of this but the Russian devil-lord-inhabited husband is in the details.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
There's seems to be a trend going on for conservatives lately.

https://twitter.com/rebeccaballhaus/status/1293674855238455309?s=19

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

https://twitter.com/HoCoGov/status/1293674230610001922

To the surprise of no one

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

facialimpediment posted:

There's seems to be a trend going on for conservatives lately.

https://twitter.com/rebeccaballhaus/status/1293674855238455309?s=19

"Trump administration sues McDonald's for ingredients of Big Mac sauce" - headline from next month.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Mustang posted:

How is not voting for Biden anything other than essentially supporting Trump? He's the only one that benefits as far as I can tell.

You're in Nevada trying to get to California. One bus is heading to Colorado, the other New York. Which bus do you get on.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

PookBear posted:

You're in Nevada trying to get to California. One bus is heading to Colorado, the other New York. Which bus do you get on.

The one with legal weed?

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

BigDave posted:

The one with legal weed?

Bad metaphor already, neither both parties are against that.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Doc Hawkins posted:

Bad metaphor already, neither both parties are against that.

OK, whichever bus stops killing people.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

BigDave posted:

STILL A BAD METAPHOR

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

BigDave posted:

So, neither of them.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

PookBear posted:

Airfare to California from Colorado is going to be less expensive and a shorter flight time than from New York.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".
These analogies are terrible.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

facialimpediment posted:

STILL A BAD METAPHOR

Goddamnit..

WHICHEVER BUS DOES THE LEAST AMOUNT OF HARM.

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine
It's still a bad analogy because unless you plan on disappearing into the wilderness, you will still have to get on one of the buses. It's more like... you're already on the bus going to New York. It's now in, poo poo I dunno, Iowa. If your goal is to get to California, changing buses to Colorado is better than continuing on to New York, no?

My lens is pretty personal because I know a child who will die and a family who will be destroyed if the Republicans have their way with health care, so I don't have the patience to let things burn out of spite or accelerationism whatever rationale there is for checking out and giving Trump another 4 years.

Wrong Theory
Aug 27, 2005

Satellite from days of old, lead me to your access code

BigDave posted:

Goddamnit..

WHICHEVER BUS DOES THE LEAST AMOUNT OF HARM.

Is there an electric bus?

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019
s sarcoidosis linked to burn pit exposure?

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".
Our current system is a two party system until the fundamentals change. Either operate in it or work to change the system. Since that is not happening in the next 3 months you can choose Trump or Biden. The GOP actions of the last ten years have encouraged a harder, more vocal liberal reaction this time around. I am optimistic but only time will tell.

Any serious 3rd party action will be absorbed by one of the two parties.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Iain posted:

Is there an electric bus?

yes but it's owned by a tech billionaire sociopath with a God complex, and is designed to absorb your bodily fluids to mine bitcoins.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

lightpole posted:

Our current system is a two party system until the fundamentals change. Either operate in it or work to change the system. Since that is not happening in the next 3 months you can choose Trump or Biden. The GOP actions of the last ten years have encouraged a harder, more vocal liberal reaction this time around. I am optimistic but only time will tell.

Any serious 3rd party action will be absorbed by one of the two parties.

You have to participate in a broken system because we can't fix it now. Why can't we fix it? Because everyone is participating in it, of course.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Fister Roboto posted:

You have to participate in a broken system because we can't fix it now. Why can't we fix it? Because everyone is participating in it, of course.

makes u think

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004

Fister Roboto posted:

You should just argue about buses going to Colorado then.

I think our system needs to be change at a fundamental level and it needs to happen now but I have no idea how to make this happen. Entrenched interests and opposition to change will stymy every attempt.

The House and Senate are unable to pass anything and the executive will be hamstrung by that and be stuck trying marginal change through EO. Local level politics are where its at.

lightpole fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Aug 13, 2020

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

lightpole posted:

I think our system needs to be change at a fundamental level and it needs to happen now but I have no idea how to make this happen. Entrenched interests and opposition to change will stymy every attempt.

:coolzone:

Greataval
Mar 26, 2010

lightpole posted:

The House and Senate are unable to pass anything and the executive will be hamstrung by that and be stuck trying marginal change through EO. Local level politics are where its at.

I would like a million bucks and and a lambo but we don't always get what we like. this is a zero sum game.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
You can still vote for Bernie. Nothing's stopping anyone.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

A Bad Poster posted:

You can still vote for Bigfoot. Nothing's stopping anyone.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

A Bad Poster posted:

You can still vote for Bernie. Nothing's stopping anyone.

fixed

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Embrace the chaos, it's all we have left.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

lightpole posted:

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug
Pls don’t elect trump again :(

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Abongination posted:

Pls don’t elect trump again :(

BUT IF WE CAN'T ELECT THE PERFECT CANDIDATE THEN WHAT'S THE POINT?!!!! :supaburn:

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/1293710843780243456?s=21

seems bad!

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
I liked Obama's take, which was that politics -- like people -- is imperfect and deeply flawed. But even so there is absolutely a better, and a worse.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

mlmp08 posted:

https://twitter.com/rationaldis/status/1293292933807058948?s=21

I already knew a good deal of this but the Russian devil-lord-inhabited husband is in the details.

I thought this was going to be a Chuck Tingle title.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

BigDave posted:

BUT IF WE CAN'T ELECT THE PERFECT CANDIDATE THEN WHAT'S THE POINT?!!!! :supaburn:

Really looking forward to another 4 years of this kind of Good Things Just Arent Possible

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Internet Wizard posted:

Really looking forward to another 4 years of this kind of Good Things Just Arent Possible

Four years of "you can't criticize Biden for doing nothing, he's better than Trump!"

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
wow all these analogies really make you think, don't they? Members of the military should lose the right to vote. The proof is all around us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Nah, that dude sent my rear end to the Middle East. I ain't fuckin with him or his cop friend.