Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

trying to jack off posted:

im 7 hours into mgs2 and havent played it for 18 years so any spoilers will be met by a hail of gunfire

for all the good it will do...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Wormskull posted:

That's nanomachines bro. Did you even pay attention to the lore.

I hate to go against a fellow Aussie, but Wormskull's right. He's just a regular guy who happened to obtain a blood addiction due to a traumatic childhood event. He also later got some super good nanomachines, which lets him survive being shot in the head multiple times, run on water, etc. Perfectly standard fare, for MGS! :v:

Major Isoor fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Aug 13, 2020

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Major Isoor posted:

I hate to go against a fellow Aussie, but Wormskull's right. He's just a regular guy who happened to obtain a blood addiction due to a traumatic childhood event. He also later got some super good nanomachines, which lets him survive being shot in the head multiple times, run on water, etc. Perfectly standard fare, for MGS! :v:

if you drink blood you're a vampire, the reason doesn't matter.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Major Isoor posted:

This.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

no one is saying hes count dracula

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Vampires aren't real, in the real world nor in MGS. But Nanomachines are an established technology. Case closed.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

no one is saying hes count dracula

thatd be cool

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

if you walked in on you friend drinking blood from someones neck your not going to call them bisexual

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

dracula could beat solid snake tho, every time

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Wormskull posted:

Vampires aren't real, in the real world nor in MGS. But Nanomachines are an established technology. Case closed.

ever hear of a vampire bat? maybe you need to consider the definition of the word mate

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

He’s a bisexual man that happens to drink blood. Case closed

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

ever hear of a vampire bat? maybe you need to consider the definition of the word mate

And the millions [Rock voice] and Millions of other animals that happen to drink blood because they are flesh eaters?

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

if you walked in on you friend drinking blood from someones neck your not going to call them bisexual

Well hey, they might be! :D But I mean, a vampire is a creature of myth/folklore. That's like saying a person with only one eye is a legit cyclops, like from the old Greek myths. Sure there's some superficial resemblance, but there's more to it than just that.
You can't just go around calling bi guys vampires, geez

Knuc U Kinte posted:

He’s a bisexual man that happens to drink blood. Case closed

:hai:

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Major Isoor posted:

(more spoilers)

I love you major but we've got an imp here who hasn't played The game in two decades and they're going for a fresh experience. Please edit your posts of you'd be so kind.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Major Isoor posted:

Well hey, they might be! :D But I mean, a vampire is a creature of myth/folklore. That's like saying a person with only one eye is a legit cyclops, like from the old Greek myths. Sure there's some superficial resemblance, but there's more to it than just that.

This, yet again. Major Isoor is speaking truth to power as always.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2015/10/life-among-the-vampires/413446/ an article where someone talks to bisexual vampires irl. something to consider

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

The Klowner posted:

I love you major but we've got an imp here who hasn't played The game in two decades and they're going for a fresh experience. Please edit your posts of you'd be so kind.

oops, sorry about that! I must've missed that part. I've edited my posts with spoiler tags, although it's probably already too late... :shobon:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2015/10/life-among-the-vampires/413446/ an article where someone talks to bisexual vampires irl. something to consider

Pseudoscience and quackery. Next.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Major Isoor posted:

if someone was born with a big eye in the centre of their face they are a cyclops and people would call them that. not everything has to be supernatural

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

elf help book posted:

dracula could beat solid snake tho, every time
What makes you say this?

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Listen, unless you guys have videographic evidence of Vamp eating a big bowl of spaghetti with extra garlic and saying "yum yum, I love garlic", holding a crucifix and impaling himself with a stake, you just don't have a leg to stand on.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

if someone was born with a big eye in the centre of their face they are a cyclops and people would call them that. not everything has to be supernatural

i wouldnt because thats rude af

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

[Guy with PhD walks into the thread and takes off his glasses] The blood is actually not going anywhere. The bodies and objects around the blood are changing position, [a chair flies out of the audience and smashes against my skull]

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Arrhythmia posted:

Listen, unless you guys have videographic evidence of Vamp eating a big bowl of spaghetti with extra garlic and saying "yum yum, I love garlic", holding a crucifix and impaling himself with a stake, you just don't have a leg to stand on.

he doesnt have any vampire weaknesses, hes just a fruit who drinks blood and has some not even necessarily vampire related powers.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Knuc U Kinte posted:

i wouldnt because thats rude af

maybe, wouldnt stop it happening though

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

theres multiple kinds of vampires in fiction all with different powers, but the one common thread? you got it, drinking blood

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

American McGay posted:

What makes you say this?

Count Dracula is a mythical monster, and LEADER of vampires. His power is unmatched, especially compared to Old Snake.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

You see vamp in the freaking daylight!!! Hello! I mean seriously??

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Vampires: hate the sun. Nasty to them

Bisexuals: always going on about the sun and 5heir vitamins or something

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

In Training posted:

Count Dracula is a mythical monster, and LEADER of vampires. His power is unmatched, especially compared to Old Snake.

Solid Snake isn’t just some regular old guy. He’s the product of the top secret Les Enfants Terribles project, a clone of the greatest soldier of all time, and he who also took down the greatest soldier of all time. He has taken down all kinds of figures and military leaders. Not only would he not get pushed around by Dracula, I think if Solid Snake were to square off against Dracula, he’d have CQC’d that fanged freak to kingdom come.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Been repeating “blahhh I vant to suck your cock (or pussy)” to myself all day

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Spoderman posted:

Solid Snake isn’t just some regular old guy. He’s the product of the top secret Les Enfants Terribles project, a clone of the greatest soldier of all time, and he who also took down the greatest soldier of all time. He has taken down all kinds of figures and military leaders. Not only would he not get pushed around by Dracula, I think if Solid Snake were to square off against Dracula, he’d have CQC’d that fanged freak to kingdom come.

Dracula is immune to CQC and the entire arsenal of weapons Snake is familiar with

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

:dawkins101:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

elf help book posted:

Dracula is immune to CQC and the entire arsenal of weapons Snake is familiar with

lol do u ppl know anything about snake or vampires

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbwUnI34vqo

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

actually, every castlevania game features on site procurement 🤔

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

EmmyOk posted:

lmfao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

EmmyOk posted:

lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

elf help book posted:

ok first of all you dont think snake wouldnt have a codec call about stakes and garlic? secondly hes an expert all forms of combat, he can easily wield a stake as easily as a knife. hes a master of stealth so as if sneaking into draculas castle during the day and staking the leader of all vampires in the heart wouldnt be so trivial he could do it before lunch

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

EmmyOk posted:

not clicking, mgs4 is still 2 games away

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

ok first of all you dont think snake wouldnt have a codec call about stakes and garlic? secondly hes an expert all forms of combat, he can easily wield a stake as easily as a knife. hes a master of stealth so as if sneaking into draculas castle during the day and staking the leader of all vampires in the heart wouldnt be so trivial he could do it before lunch
This!