Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

oh but seriously I posted:

i still don't understand what mafia is and will most likely never learn

There's no such thing as the mafia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i really want to go back in time and not post in the mafia thread. it may not be a big deal but i feel so ashamed of demonstrating that i cannot follow simple rules due to being illiterate. i want to be shot in the leg with a bb. when i was young i shot some cinder blocks for no reason and the bb came back and hit me in my leg and went into my leg. it's still there. so i know how it feels and i think i deserve about that

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Attn yea ok and other Jodo-fans!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dma9h0qw6A

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!

oh but seriously I posted:

i still don't understand what mafia is and will most likely never learn

As you can see from it leaking and hurting our friend Cavauro, no good can come of it.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Cavauro posted:

i really want to go back in time and not post in the mafia thread. it may not be a big deal but i feel so ashamed of demonstrating that i cannot follow simple rules due to being illiterate. i want to be shot in the leg with a bb. when i was young i shot some cinder blocks for no reason and the bb came back and hit me in my leg and went into my leg. it's still there. so i know how it feels and i think i deserve about that

One time as a teen I was using the weed whacker on the lawn and I thought it was kicking up rocks into my legs but it was my friends shooting me with a low powered BB gun. None of them got stuck.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i would never do that to anyone and i don't think anyone should. sorry that happened

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Cavauro posted:

I haven't played in so long I am very afraid of posting something incorrectly my posting nervousness is doubled. I'm afraid to ask if I can tell people what wrestler I am. I know I can't tell people if I killed the Hangman or if I am a bad person or a good person.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I never played and didn't have time to commit to it but it looks kinda fun seeing in here

I'm gonna take a nap before everything wrestling-wise goes down and then try to catch some Films (or shows because I'm behind on the last weekend of stuff I usually see) :hellyeah:

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

movie report of the day
alice in the cities - my computer - been meaning to watch more wenders movies, only seen paris texas before this. this is an obvious prototype of that movie, guy kind of wanders around germany w/ the titular alice trying to find her grandmommy. doesn't bother with any true advancement of plot beyond the two people going where they're going. sad but calm would be a nice descriptor i think. dunno.

mikey and nicky - hbo max - elaine may needs to be talked about way more. wonderful director, writer, comedienne, did wonders for the advacnement of women in comedy. mikey and nicky is the opposite of a funny movie although peter falk and john casavettes do say some funny things. what does friendship mean to you?

multiple maniacs - hbo max - besides a couple of scenes (the opening cavalcade of perversions, and the st cecelia rosary job) i thought this about sucked. the dreamwalkers or w/e (forgot what they were called sorry) were mostly annoying and not in a charming way. it's awesome this was made and i can't help but respect waters for his insane-o-balls anarcho style filmmaking. but it just really isn't for me lol. i'm glad it exists tho. bye

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
I really want to get a massage but I don’t want to be an idiot. Has anyone figured this out yet? Huff

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

go to a seedy motel and put a quarter in the bed. maybe put some sword spray on there

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

did the fuckin page select thing move or am I having a stroke?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Critical posted:

it moved and got bigger for some reason

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Critical posted:

if you are then I am, because it loving jumped weirdly.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

coder guy is doing some crap it'll look the same soon

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

jape have you ever watched bernie

its a good watch based on a mostly real story

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

This sub was renamed to "91" for me momentarily which made me feel like I was dreaming.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it looks exactly the same and hasn't moved. just my personal opinion.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

JOHN CENA posted:

jape have you ever watched bernie

its a good watch based on a mostly real story

nah i like linklater but every time it was on netflix it had a giant jack black face staring at me so i never watched it. one of these days

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

when i lived in austin i went to the dobie center (this was way before they put in a Target but after it was kind of abandoned) and saw richard linklater just sitting in the food court eating a gyro. i wasnt sure it was him but i walked up and said hi and he confirmed it was him and talked about how they used to have a movie theater in the building and how even though the theater isnt there anymore its one of the few places he hits up when he's in austin just to zen out. if i can find the picture i'll post it. he was a cool dude, we talked an okay amount about the grand budapest hotel. i asked him if theres anything that does frustrate him with film students in austin and he said its when people confuse him for mike judge, he has no problem with mike but he has no idea how it constantly happens despite the only thing they rly have in common is Texas and being in film

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

hes really cool

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Bernie......

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

NienNunb posted:

Bernie......

its a good movie

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I remember liking it.

LINKLATER RANKING:

1. Before Sunrise
2. Before Midnight
3. Boyhood
4. Dazed and Confused
5. Slacker
6. Before Sunset
7. Dazed and Confused 2
8. Scanner Darkly

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

boyhood is real good

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

waking life
big gap
bad news bears remake
a scanner darkly

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

gently caress RLM for making a generation of dorks think Boyhood is somehow bad

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

NienNunb posted:

gently caress RLM for making a generation of dorks think Boyhood is somehow bad

i still am not sure what red letter media is but every time i hear an opinion that is allegedly expressed by them i feel very content still not knowing who they are

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Cavauro posted:

waking life
big gap
bad news bears remake
a scanner darkly

I loved Waking Life as a kid it's a beautifully made movie the Alex Jones part is really funny now as he's fallen so far.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Boyhood is excellent. I grew up in the same exact time frame as the main character so it really stuck with me. He grew up liking a lot of the same stuff I did

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
RLM did a funny thing about the Star Wars prequels which articulated a lot of people’s issues with the movies, but it did the thing where their interpretation became “the critique” and since then it also seems to have allowed a certain kind of nerd from employing their own critical lens because they can just wait for the RLM review.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Waking Life is good because Alex Jones sets himself on fire, unfortunately not a shoot

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i like to watch rlm talk about star trek but hate watching them talk about star wars. i don't watch star trek or star wars

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I enjoy about 85 percent of Red Letter Media. Their Re:View series being their best.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I don't hate RLM, I agree with them on a lot of their takes. They also have the capability to be real dogshit at times! Big fan of Jay.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
RLM share my disgust over New Star Trek which means they have the Correct Opinions

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Is RLM like the angry video game nerd

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Bluedeanie posted:

Is RLM like the angry video game nerd

I'm the Angry Video Game Nerd

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

RLM really hated Star Trek Picard, which I liked (admittedly probably because I'm a casual ST fan at best)

But they really hated Rise of Skywalker which I despised, so they've definitely gotten some stuff correct

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

it’s really funny that mike is being so destroyed in a completely exclusive to mike way. i feel so sorry for him hahaha