Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Coffee?
This poll is closed.
Yay! 54 34.39%
Nay. 43 27.39%
O-kay? 24 15.29%
Whatever. 36 22.93%
Total: 157 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

InspectorCarbonara posted:

Capcom should make a new Lost Planet game.

:newlol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

If they did a new Lost Planet I'd just want a remaster of 2 that uses Steamworks, GFWL is trash

Also I didn't even know the PSP port of Legends 2 fixed those weird underwater things, why didn't we get that here

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Capcom should make a new Darkstaaaaaaaaaa-I made myself sad

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Gonna treat myself on Mandarake this week for my birthday and get a Takara GaoGaiGar because they're all super cheap and no I'm not spending $300+ on the SOC

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

unlike the guy who got probated I WILL NEVER STOP POSTING

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://www.theinformation.com/articles/at-t-wants-1-5-billion-in-crunchyroll-sale-to-sony

AT&T wants to sell Crunchyroll to Sony

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

lmfao

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

someone buy me the sugoi dekai shirt

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Sony already has Funi on its pocket, right? I thought the reason Crunchy lost all the Funi-joints was that Sony wanted nothing to do with that noise.

Then again, that was 2 years ago.

Also continuing my rewatch of Run with the Wind and Prince is best boy it ain't even fair. :allears:

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

El Burbo posted:

okay
*flash forward to 7-14 days later hector opens box with shirt that says suckoi dorkai*

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I think the reason was that Sony wanted to increase the international presence of Funi on its own

Which they didn't

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

homeless snail posted:

okay
*flash forward to 7-14 days later hector opens box with shirt that says suckoi dorkai*

you're a dead man walking

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

homeless snail posted:

okay

lol

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

homeless snail posted:

okay

nooooooo

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

I have tried to spend zero percent of my brain on the uzaki discussion and the only thing I want to say is that I'd like to watch it, but I don't want to pay for any streaming services except crunchyroll (and netflix).

Also, I don't like ads.

Maybe if Sony actually buys crunchyroll and hidive then we can get a lot of good anime under one subscription service finally.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

starbucks hermit posted:

Maybe if Sony actually buys crunchyroll and hidive then we can get a lot of good anime under one subscription service finally.

Nah they'll keep them all separate.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

chumbler posted:

Nah they'll keep them all separate.

please let me dream

ok, maybe they'll have like a $12 all encompassing premium thing, that would be nice.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I mean, depending on what gets sold, Sony might get VRV.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

hell, sony might pick up all of ellation

what does it really have that at&t still wants?

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

El Burbo posted:

ie, u go skadi

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

Capcom should make a new Darkstaaaaaaaaaa-I made myself sad

I'm shocked they remembered Rival Schools exists even though it's getting forced into SFV

Please HD remaster and bring over the edit fighter in Project Justice

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Maybe Ono being gone will lead to a new age

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i beat galaxy fraulein yuna 1 today. it's a fun game but it mostly made me look forward to playing the later games, it has lots of fun characters but only like two of them appear more so mai and lia are kind of the only characters who get a very fleshed out relationship with yuna compared to how much the later stuff, ova included seems to lean on the wider cast

though it's funny how galaxy fraulein yuna returns feels like it's trying to set itself apart from the rest of the series but then you play the first game and returns' ending is basically the same thing except they made it extra dark in a way that doesn't really add to it at all, whereas yuna 1 used it as a cool beat to establish the newfound depths to yuna and lia's relationship

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Ginga Fukei Densetsu Sapphire is part of the Yuna series if its inclusion in that one PSP collection is any sign

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
it sorta is, it's the kind of weird spinoff that's obviously attached to the main series but isn't really ever referenced by it in any way

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
what was mami's wish in madoka, anyways?

I turned on magia record for the first time in like a year and I remembered I do not remember.

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Aug 13, 2020

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

They probably could of built on it but than the PC Engine 32 was a dead system and now Hudson games are stuck forever buried in Konami's vaults where we won't even see them in a Pachinko game

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Acerbatus posted:

what was mami's wish in madoka, anyways?

I turned on magia record for the first time in like a year and I remembered I do not remember.
there was a cut away of her reaching out to kyubey from a car accident, idk if its stated out right or just assumed by everyone that she wished to not die

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

As for the Yuna OAV's they always felt like they tried to be to extremes of the games, like the first one was trying to be silly and it mostly worked as it's a 2 episode OAV and going super serious doesn't really work for that. And they tried the opposite
for Returns by being the more serious sides of the games and it doesn't quite stick it's landing given the run time/fact it has to be an episodic story. Still it's an interesting watch for what it does above and beyond it being one of the earlier Shinbo magical girl series

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

homeless snail posted:

there was a cut away of her reaching out to kyubey from a car accident, idk if its stated out right or just assumed by everyone that she wished to not die

she wished for air bags

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

homeless snail posted:

she wished to not die, the reason she feels so guilty and protective is because she realized afterwards she could have wished to save her parents too

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Heh

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

SatoshiMiwa posted:

As for the Yuna OAV's they always felt like they tried to be to extremes of the games, like the first one was trying to be silly and it mostly worked as it's a 2 episode OAV and going super serious doesn't really work for that. And they tried the opposite
for Returns by being the more serious sides of the games and it doesn't quite stick it's landing given the run time/fact it has to be an episodic story. Still it's an interesting watch for what it does above and beyond it being one of the earlier Shinbo magical girl series

i think even if returns was a 24 or 12 ep series it would still suck because the ending is wholly detached from what made it interesting, it comes out of nowhere and piles on the melodrama so hard without actually doing something interesting with it, and it tries to have a "bittersweet" payoff in the most insane way that it ends up being goofier than the first ova because the sequence of events makes no loving sense. why did they follow up yuna's trauma over having to literally shoot her friend with a literal gun, with everyone doing a song and dance routine to cheer her up

the first two episodes are janky but they land on genuinely interesting notes, the third one just completely fumbles it in every way you possibly could

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Aug 13, 2020

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Space Flower posted:

she wished for air bags

I had to ask because a google search kept getting me that meme.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

This weekend Im going to watch the last 10 episodes of Welcome to the NHK.

Then maybe start Toradora.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Endorph posted:

im not too proud to admit id watch uzaki if the guy was a tall butch girl.

you could basically swap the ML out with a tall butch girl and you'd barely have to rewrite anything for it to work

there's like maybe three scenes that would need changing around slightly

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Aug 13, 2020