Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

collocation posted:

If you're asking me to relitigate their entire posting history, this is going to be longer than either of us want it to be.

As an LGBT victim of assault, I don't think it's proper for you to tell them how to take something. They weren't saying anything good about Marty. They were saying that it was a category error for them to be added to the speaking out list for the murder after allegedly being assaulted. It's kind of up to them to say so, if they want, but I think that their slight sympathy for someone fighting off a sexual abuser could be because they have been assaulted. Though, you'd have to check with them.

Though, I can see the point in being added for the implicit death threat to the ex, which they weren't addressing. That's abusive in another way.

I'm saying that it's cool you like your friend and they're nice to you but that is how I know them. I know them as the person who felt the need to lecture everyone while ignoring the fact that they were defending someone who was publicly threatening someone's life.

Edit: The details don't even matter, it's not about the one post. It's about the fact that it's cool you like your friend, I'm glad they're nice to you, but the way they've interacted with most of us had been a mess and cuts close to being petty offensive a lot of times.

Gumball Gumption fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Aug 13, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

NienNunb posted:

The "I" Slur

You never know where culture will go next, but if things like idiotic and stupid are added to the list of words like r* and (more so in the UK) sp***ic, it will be a dim day for communications. So no, I don't view that as a slur.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

What in the gently caress

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

Gumball Gumption posted:

I'm saying that it's cool you like your friend and they're nice to you but that is how I know them. I know them as the person who felt the need to lecture everyone while ignoring the fact that they were defending someone who was publicly threatening someone's life.

I don't see any reason that people here would like them. I was just giving my take because I think that they do have better things to offer and hope that they do offer them. When they do stupid stuff like bringing Asuka back up, I have no interest in defending it. I just hope that they aren't attacked while they aren't actually doing stupid poo poo, if they ever opt not to do stupid poo poo.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Suplex Liberace posted:

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

Gumball Gumption posted:

Edit: The details don't even matter, it's not about the one post. It's about the fact that it's cool you like your friend, I'm glad they're nice to you, but the way they've interacted with most of us had been a mess and cuts close to being petty offensive a lot of times.

I mean, I agree. Aside from what I said above, I was mostly trying to explain why I initially defended them earlier before I just said "gently caress it" and decided that they can dig their own hole.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
... how's about these wrestling podcasts.... Really good stuff this week, right?

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
:gas:

burn the thread to the ground, salt the earth, start anew

Yukaichiban
Feb 7, 2020

by Athanatos

Gumball Gumption posted:

Wait. I didn't mean to be offensive. THE SHAME. Also I don't need middle aged men who think they are my friend defending me k thx. We talked a bit awhile back, that's all it was. Hop. The. gently caress. Off.

End this poo poo fr. This shits outrageous. Just talk about the drat podcast and leave me out it.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Yukaichiban fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Aug 13, 2020

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I've been listening to "Kinda Fun". It's like tights and fights where the hosts are kind of idiots who just like wrestling but they talk about a bunch of companies which is nice. One of the hosts, Ben Kissel, is a huge idiot but covers it up by being goofy.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

J-ru leaves for 3 days and the fourm falls apart.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

oh no the heel turn, Strikeforce has broken up!

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Gumball Gumption posted:

I've been listening to "Kinda Fun". It's like tights and fights where the hosts are kind of idiots who just like wrestling but they talk about a bunch of companies which is nice. One of the hosts, Ben Kissel, is a huge idiot but covers it up by being goofy.

He can't help it he's a giant so blood doesn't flow to his brain properly

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

I thought that Dave gave a better more comprehensive reading of what Jericho did than people in other F4W podcasts have previously, and did so without needless caveats, and took into account the full gravity of the situation. Whatever criticisms people previously had, I don't think that he deserves it after the last WOR.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Gumball Gumption posted:

Ben Kissel is pretty good, Kinda Fun's format was something that I wasn't a fan of so I stopped listen after the first couple of weeks, but Ben Kissel's Wrestling Segment on the live Last Podcast on the Left I went to was cool.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
Meltzer said what?!

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

karmicknight posted:

Ben Kissel is pretty good, Kinda Fun's format was something that I wasn't a fan of so I stopped listen after the first couple of weeks, but Ben Kissel's Wrestling Segment on the live Last Podcast on the Left I went to was cool.

They're better when they do interviews and I'm hoping it eventually becomes a mostly interview show.

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

Alaois posted:

oh no the heel turn, Strikeforce has broken up!

Strike Force? I'm 15. What is this?

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

Has anyone listened to ROH Throh The Years?

I'm watching early ROH for cool poo poo like London Vs Styles, so it could be up my alley, but I've never heard of the hosts before.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
Is collocation trying to bring back a time travel gimmick from Chikara or just posting badly

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

I would never try to evoke, watch, see, recreate, hear about, or tolerate anything from creep factory Chikara.

However, I watch old non-Chikara wrestling in a semi-linear fashion. I just haven't been able to find a podcast that follows or followed it, especially indy stuff. Aside from old WOLs on the internet archive and maybe The Torch (which I find to be boring), it doesn't really seem as if there was anyone out there putting out content in the late 90's or early 00's.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

The moral posturing after all of that. I love this gimmick.

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

Gumball Gumption posted:

The moral posturing after all of that. I love this gimmick.

I haven't insulted anyone here and I don't like to financially support creeps. I think that is a valid take. I defended one stupid comment by one kid. I don't think that takes away my right to have a stance on anything at all.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
They should have never let that BYOB Spaceship land here.

Yukaichiban
Feb 7, 2020

by Athanatos

Malcolm Excellent posted:

They should have never let that BYOB Spaceship land here.

I agree. This place used to be great. I yearn for the good ol days. Oh 2019 when I first joined, where art thou.

Yukaichiban
Feb 7, 2020

by Athanatos

Suplex Liberace posted:

Wait you can say gently caress on here? Honestly expected no no words to be banned.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

My heart and mind is being won.

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

Gumball Gumption posted:

My heart and mind is being won.

Is that related to the sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach? I'm trying and failing to be like

for the anchor that I have chained myself to cannot be removed

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Just stop posting :cripes:

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Podcasts are great. Love them podcasts

I wonder if we can start calling them Poadcasts. And then as slang just call them Poads.

Listen to any good poads lately?

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

I listen to The Rudos Podcast. It’s very good

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

extradite THIS! posted:

I would say "k" but that would probably constitute a low effort post.

So, unless someone has listened to ROH Throh The Years and has a take, I'll see y'all in a few. Be well.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

extradite THIS! posted:

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

extradite THIS! posted:

I listen to The Rudos Podcast. It’s very good

Very VERY good, yes. You all should listen.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

collocation posted:

I would say "k" but that would probably constitute a low effort post.

So, unless someone has listened to ROH Throh The Years and has a take, I'll see y'all in a few. Be well.

I've never listened but the hosts make me expect it will be good.

Yukaichiban
Feb 7, 2020

by Athanatos
Asking if people have paid attention to anything ROH related might be the silliest part of this entire ordeal.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I-

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I like you Collocation, just move on from this particular argument (take the L as they say), people will forget, keep posting you are welcome.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Joey McChrist posted:

EMF is the poster of the year and this clown has a long way to go to reach their greatness

"There can be only ONE big boss!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

Hmm, lots of new posts, must be something interesting happeni--