Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Coffee?
This poll is closed.
Yay! 54 34.39%
Nay. 43 27.39%
O-kay? 24 15.29%
Whatever. 36 22.93%
Total: 157 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

New FFXIV patch kicks rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
I probably won't play again until the next expansion's about to come out but I'm glad

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Stairmaster posted:

Anime tiddies

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
i like when the nurse in the School Rumble dub calls Mikoto 'Tits Mcgee'

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Willo567 posted:

i just want a game with closure

Good news!

Snackula
Aug 1, 2013

hedgefund wizard
I;m going to do it, Im going to watch Patlabor the TV show.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Anyone know if the God Eater anime is based on any of the games storyline or is it its own thing?

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Sakurazuka posted:

Anyone know if the God Eater anime is based on any of the games storyline or is it its own thing?

I think it’s based off GE1

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Yeah it's GE1's story. I think they put the protagonist in Resurrection as a partner character.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeMFqkcPYcg

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Snackula posted:

I;m going to do it, Im going to watch Patlabor the TV show.
Crank the loving popcorn, because you're about to go to the fun zone!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Ah, cheers

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
The one thing missing in my JoJos

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/xoyamiox/status/1293745930194186241?s=21

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
my wife and I finished railgun s1/2. s2 was really good. s1 was okay to good.

we decided to go back and watch index before we watch s3 of railgun.

holy poo poo this show is boring as gently caress. I'm getting whiplash at how poorly paced and directed it is compared to even S1 of railgun. does it get better?

also the voice acting for index is just annoying

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

verbal enema posted:

i like when the nurse in the School Rumble dub calls Mikoto 'Tits Mcgee'
I got to see Mikoto's dub VA a while back at a con, she's a good singer

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Tabletops posted:

my wife and I finished railgun s1/2. s2 was really good. s1 was okay to good.

we decided to go back and watch index before we watch s3 of railgun.

holy poo poo this show is boring as gently caress. I'm getting whiplash at how poorly paced and directed it is compared to even S1 of railgun. does it get better?

also the voice acting for index is just annoying

railgun has a much better director and the source material is better and more focused. i dunno if index gets better in season 2 since i bailed on s1 but i remember everyone hated index s3

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

The Colonel posted:

people should devote this energy to watching older shows

i've just been doing that for the past couple months and i've found lots of shows i never expected to be some of my favorite shows ever, or pretty interesting at the least. strawberry panic, marimite, nanoha, princess tutu, mai-hime, sketchbook, megami tengoku. kashimashi was kinda boring but it's still sorta interesting for how it writes the mc's response to gender stuff

u should watch noein

and zegapain

Tales of Woe posted:

railgun has a much better director and the source material is better and more focused. i dunno if index gets better in season 2 since i bailed on s1 but i remember everyone hated index s3

oh okt hat makes sense. i'm up to the part where they are covering the sisters arc in i guess 2 episodes. I think i may skip the entire fight and stuff because it's impossible it'll be nearly as good as it was in railgun s2.

maybe we'll just watch epsiode uhh 6 and 7 or whatever of index 2 before we watch the new railgun instead.

Tabletops fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Aug 13, 2020

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Tabletops posted:

Not really to be honest. The high point of Index is probably the Sisters arc you've already seen from the other side in Railgun.

There are some Sisters followup arcs you don't get in Railgun that might be interesting though. Personally I enjoyed Index I and II because the dumb villain motivations kindof wrap around to brilliant

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Seven Deadly Sins is doing extremely well on Netflix as it has been in the top five in the entire platform for I believe three weeks in a row.

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

punk rebel ecks posted:

Seven Deadly Sins is doing extremely well on Netflix as it has been in the top five in the entire platform for I believe three weeks in a row.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

2020 is a hell of a year.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

they have an ugly rear end child

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
As a dumbass who read through the Light Novels, I can assure you: Index never really gets better because the scope and pacing for the anime is, even with its omissions, oddly faithful to how fucky the pacing is throughout the actual novels. Railgun, on its other hand, since it's mostly restricted to the scope of Academy City, has much more time to chew bubblegum and then get to kick some rear end.

(I have not read Accelerator, so I have no opinions on it)

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

This doesn't look compelling to me.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Index has good moments but yeah its a much less focused story than railgun

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

punk rebel ecks posted:

One of my coworkers won't stop gushing over that show.

But she couldn't get past eps 5 of Madoka.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
Wow! What the hell! That is so hosed up! I cannot believe your coworker! Unbelievable!

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

The Colonel posted:

Wow! What the hell! That is so hosed up! I cannot believe your coworker! Unbelievable!

:rolleyes: Yeah yeah.

I've just never heard anyone praise SDS like...at all. Is it even good?

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

AlternateNu posted:

:rolleyes: Yeah yeah.

I've just never heard anyone praise SDS like...at all. Is it even good?

All I know about it is that the MC gropes the love interest in the first episode while she's unconscious.

That, and what I posted above

Willo567 fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Aug 13, 2020

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

The Colonel posted:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
My biggest wish is that the Seven Deadly Sins author's other "big" manga, the awesome Kongo Bancho, gets animated someday.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
kongou banchou rules and seven deadly sins is extremely generic

I stopped reading sds when there were about eighteen identical white blonde knights that I couldn't tell the difference between

Snackula
Aug 1, 2013

hedgefund wizard
The 7 Deadly Sins manga looks a lot better than the anime just on an aesthetic level.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Seven Deadly Sins has a cute giant lady and that's about all I know

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

I never bothered with the anime because it looks like poo poo. The art style is terrible.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
Finally finished Gurren Lagann, the last few episodes weren't that bad. I wasn't really a fan of the middle third, but I'm happy I stuck with it to the end. Now it's a toss-up on what to start next, between BNA or Darling in the Franxx.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

BisterdDave posted:

Finally finished Gurren Lagann, the last few episodes weren't that bad. I wasn't really a fan of the middle third, but I'm happy I stuck with it to the end. Now it's a toss-up on what to start next, between BNA or Darling in the Franxx.

You do not need to watch Franxx.

Edit: I mean, if it really appeals to you, go ahead, but it's... not great. Especially towards the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

punk rebel ecks posted:

I never bothered with the anime because it looks like poo poo. The art style is terrible.

I'd say go with BNA. Darling in the Franxx was just a disappointment of wasted potential.