Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

The Walrus posted:

how much more game do I have if I've just done the first 9s mission of route c to the resource extractor? I peeked at a walkthrough's headers and it looks like I might be almost done? I kinda thought route C and beyond was more like the second half of the game than the finale.

Assuming you haven't touched anything of A2 you have a decent amount of stuff to do before you finish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
- it's revealed that YORHA was built with a backdoor and planned destruction. who orchestrated this plot? why? is this cyclical - ie will yorha and the bunker be built again?
- 2b is actually 2e and is there to perform her function of killing 9s- and has done so many times in the past. Why? Why is it always necessary to kill 9s? why does there need to be a unit there purpose built to kill him again and again?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

The Walrus posted:

- it's revealed that YORHA was built with a backdoor and planned destruction. who orchestrated this plot? why? is this cyclical - ie will yorha and the bunker be built again?
- 2b is actually 2e and is there to perform her function of killing 9s- and has done so many times in the past. Why? Why is it always necessary to kill 9s? why does there need to be a unit there purpose built to kill him again and again?

Both these details are revealed eventually

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
YorHa is a front for an android plan to convince the rest of the androids that humans aren't extinct and are living on the moon, to raise morale for the battle against the robots. The destruction of YorHa is the final stage of this plan, as the top-level YorHas are the only ones who know the truth. As for whose idea it was, that would be the mysterious offscreen "Command".

9S is very good at his job, and keeps stumbling on the truth about the humans and other stuff he isn't supposed to know on missions. They don't want to reduce his capabilities so they just keep 2B handy to slit his throat if he turns over the wrong stone. That's why there were a couple of quests where 9S was like "why did the commander say there rogue androids did X when they actually did Y 🤔" and 2B tells him to shut up, she doesn't want to have to kill him

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
I requested A Beautiful Song from a musician on Twitch who had never heard it before. He spends a lot of time on song requests learning them by ear and performs them with different instruments using a looper.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQs0rNmJ-bY

Hikaki
Oct 11, 2005
Motherfucking Fujitsu Heavy Industries
I usually don't like vocal melodies being arranged into instrumentation but I actually really enjoyed that, thanks.

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

Beefstew posted:

Yes, Yukiko Yoko is the lead illustrator for the Drum Master series and is a pretty celebrated artist over there. Before Automata, she probably had a more successful career than him! I believe she also sang one of the songs in Katamari.
The two of them spend a good chunk of time dunking on each other on Twitter.

She also made one very important contribution to Drakengard 3:

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
https://youtu.be/yxINPpgqjks

New trailer for Re[in]carnation, the mobile game.

Looks like it actually has combat.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Looks awesome, even if it's probably gacha hell.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre
I just realized it, but Outer Wilds gives me a lot of the same feelings playing through it. It's similar in many (abstract) ways.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/intelligentwat/status/1289758395055185926

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
https://youtu.be/zzzQSEKWrjw The mobile game looks good??

The music is obviously also incredible, someone posted the entire ost but it looks like it got taken down

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
The next part of the Nier raid in final fantasy 14 is out, and there are a few interesting bits to it.

Spoilers for the raid ahead.
2P and the other androids in white are actually machine lifeforms made in man's image much like Adam and Eve.

21O's fractured mind has been hooked up to an auto defense system that you need fight against while she shouts garbled messages at you from giant screens around the room.

2P in the final encounter births many bodies from her own which for together to become a mother grotesqurie for an extra helping of DRAKENGARD!!! No rhythm game this time though.

Needless to say, there was a whole lot of WTF going on from all the players in the raid.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Ryoga posted:

The next part of the Nier raid in final fantasy 14 is out, and there are a few interesting bits to it.

2P and the other androids in white are actually machine lifeforms made in man's image much like Adam and Eve.

21O's fractured mind has been hooked up to an auto defense system that you need fight against while she shouts garbled messages at you from giant screens around the room.

2P in the final encounter births many bodies from her own which for together to become a mother grotesqurie for an extra helping of DRAKENGARD!!! No rhythm game this time though.

Needless to say, there was a whole lot of WTF going on from all the players in the raid.

It isn't Nier until people are freaked out at what they are witnessing.

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

:yokotaro:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I'm pretty sure one attack in the FFXIV raid is a visual reference to Ending E of Drakengard

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Maybe for the final raid you'll have to defeat Caim riding Angelus.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Looking forward to future videos showcasing all the nier content in ffxiv

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

MonsieurChoc posted:

Maybe for the final raid you'll have to defeat Caim riding Angelus.

That sounds like a fight that nobody would ever win though. Based on Drakengard 2 the fight would be about killing Angelus because killing Caim is a pipe-dream at best.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
Personally I knew we were gonna see some poo poo after the first encounter of the bunker raid was a giant mechanized flower shooting out rings with angelic text on them.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

I'm a big fan of the mash-up tracks they've done for the Nier raids.

The Copied Factory - Weight of the World/Prelude
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVAgd9dbYIs

The Puppet's Bunker - Torn From the Heavens/Dark Colossus Destroys All
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtPC4iHW6QA

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Ryoga posted:

Extremely garbled, I have some minor hearing problems and I can't even tell what loving language those clips are in let alone any idea what they're saying.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Zereth posted:

Extremely garbled, I have some minor hearing problems and I can't even tell what loving language those clips are in let alone any idea what they're saying.

Rest assured that having perfect hearing would not help you at all there

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Kinda disappointed they didn't have to fight THE FLOWER.

A pain everyone must go through one day.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Zereth posted:

Probably the same language as the announcement at the start of the first raid. You're not supposed to understand it.

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
i read Recollection of Emil today

my poor, precious Emil :cry:

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

It's Nier-adjacent enough that if you want another game that kicks you while you're down, Yoko Taro's gacha game doesn't disappoint.

https://twitter.com/sinoaliceglobal/status/1298455123618705409
https://twitter.com/sinoaliceglobal/status/1301433498687778818

Oh, Lammy. :'(

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
So I was going back through stuff and realized that I apparently platted this game when it first came out on PS4.

There are very memorable story beats to this game, but honestly I don't even remember doing most of this... this game came right after my sister died, and I just remember using it as my main distraction to keep myself sane... There's a full 6 months of time that are sort of a haze for me, which is rare since I've been (cursed with) a relatively eidetic memory.

I just remember crying during the credits. Dammit, Taro, why do you keep flying this poo poo to me?

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Good news, now you have a reason to play it again!

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
I think im stuck in the game. It's been about six months to a year since i tried playing it? I know I found a giant worm entity that makes robots angry because a shirless dude was pissed off, and i have no idea where to go next.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Fargin Icehole posted:

I think im stuck in the game. It's been about six months to a year since i tried playing it? I know I found a giant worm entity that makes robots angry because a shirless dude was pissed off, and i have no idea where to go next.

What objectives do you currently have open?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Good news, now you have a reason to play it again!

Wait why?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Fargin Icehole posted:

You have to fight the worm. It's a pretty jank fight.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Coxswain Balls posted:

It's Nier-adjacent enough that if you want another game that kicks you while you're down, Yoko Taro's gacha game doesn't disappoint.

https://twitter.com/sinoaliceglobal/status/1298455123618705409
https://twitter.com/sinoaliceglobal/status/1301433498687778818

Oh, Lammy. :'(

lol

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

final battle spoilers:

I know there's cool stuff if you play as 9S and hack A2 a few times. I also seem to remember that if you play as A2, the enemy 9S can hack you himself, is that true?

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Midjack posted:

What objectives do you currently have open?

If it's quests, then just Jackass's Research.

No Wave posted:

You have to fight the worm. It's a pretty jank fight.

I remember that i fought and beat the worm that one out of the two dudes activated, then Pascal sent a weird message to me, i went to the village, and nothing happened. stopped playing after that

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Fargin Icehole posted:

If it's quests, then just Jackass's Research.

I remember that i fought and beat the worm that one out of the two dudes activated, then Pascal sent a weird message to me, i went to the village, and nothing happened. stopped playing after that

You're playing as 2B still? Maybe try the village again but take a different path to get there.

Midjack fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Sep 8, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Midjack posted:

You're playing as 2B still? Maybe try the village again but take a different path to get there.

Yes, i am still playing as 2B. I'll give it a shot. Thanks