Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

There are definitely some restaurants that are fronts for money laundering, and they usually suck because the food's just there enough to be convincing. What you really want are the ones that put some effort into it. Like a mafia pizza shop that actually puts the work in? It's gonna be twice as good as anybody else because the food's made well purely out of love :discourse:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

BrigadierSensible posted:

Sorry to be pedantic, but in Korea, Dog is poor peoples food.

When I had it, Bosintang, (dog stew), wasn't that expensive, but it was hard to find. I had to go to a little restaurant up in the hills to get it. It was tasty, goes well with spring onions.

Thank you.

Protip: if anyone uses the word "delicacy" to describe a foreign food you can be 110% sure they don't know what they're talking about and are just repeating something they heard.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Mafia places are fantastic because that's where everybody in the family eats and takes their meetings. You don't want to insult somebody by having lovely food.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Captain Hygiene posted:

There are definitely some restaurants that are fronts for money laundering, and they usually suck because the food's just there enough to be convincing. What you really want are the ones that put some effort into it. Like a mafia pizza shop that actually puts the work in? It's gonna be twice as good as anybody else because the food's made well purely out of love :discourse:

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
The other great celebrity urban legend was the "[Celebrity] had to have their stomach pumped, doctors pumped out a gallon of semen from forty different people!" one. My favorite bit being the idea of ER doctors sending a gallon of spunk to the lab for some reason.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Sunswipe posted:

The other great celebrity urban legend was the "[Celebrity] had to have their stomach pumped, doctors pumped out a gallon of semen from forty different people!" one. My favorite bit being the idea of ER doctors sending a gallon of spunk to the lab for some reason.

Don't forget about Richard Geere shoving a gerbil up his rear end. I have no idea how that one got started.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Pretty sure that one was Richard Geere's agent.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

small ghost posted:

Oh for sure, I didn't mean "they have to be fronts because there are too many kebab shops", that's just what we thought as dumb kids who didn't know about stuff like how clustering can help restaurants.

This is Green Lanes/the Ladders in London, tho, which legitimately is an area with strong and historic ties to organised crime and a lot of fronts - just not to some mysterious "Cypriot Mafia" making doner meat out of people, and also mostly kebab shops really are just kebab shops, the fronts tend to turn out to be things like the 24hr florists and corner shops and stuff.

Clustering is a funny thing, you can see it with fast food and chain restaurants, as memorably demonstrated by 'Junk Food Corner' that has a McDonald's, KFC and Hungry Jacks all around the same intersection along with other food places.

I'm told it can get even weirder in some places like China, where you see market districts of stores that sell specific things like army surplus uniforms all next to each other.

RandomFerret posted:

Mafia places are fantastic because that's where everybody in the family eats and takes their meetings. You don't want to insult somebody by having lovely food.

Also because the bottom line isn't based on their service they actually have a more relaxed working environment, I imagine.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

christmas boots posted:

Reminds me of the rumors that McDonald's used mealworms or something instead of beef to save cash, except in reality using beef really is the cheaper option.

My favorite McDonalds one is that they're the world's largest purchaser of cow eyeball, presably to make milkshakes or something. It's probably true even! Because they just buy an absolute loving huge amount of cows wholesale. Just... not to use the eyes for poo poo.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Ronald is a clown of very particular...tastes

Thomamelas
Mar 11, 2009

AFewBricksShy posted:

Don't forget about Richard Geere shoving a gerbil up his rear end. I have no idea how that one got started.

It was a weird thing straight people attributed to gay dudes in the 80's and 90's. For some reason it really stuck with him, along with rumors of him being gay. But other celebs got tarred with it.

small ghost
Jan 30, 2013

Captain Hygiene posted:

The two restaurants on that road I am utterly convinced are fronts are a) a dingy horrible kebab shop with attached restaurant that's always closed, with awful food, that's open 24hrs, never has anyone in it, is overpriced and always has an unusually large number of bulky serious looking men behind the counter and b) the best restaurant on the road hands down, which is always busy, bizarrely cheap for how good it is, and has at least one table that's always and only filled by serious looking men wearing very expensive trainers.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Captain Hygiene posted:

I just assume those fronts are least likely to give me food poisoning because they don’t want to get the health inspector’s attention

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

I would imagine most health inspectors are on the take, tbh

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Wow, I didn't realize that "[celebrity] got his ribs removed so he could suck his own dick" was a multi-generational thing.

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

AFewBricksShy posted:

Seriously, you get one mole removed and you never live it down.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

YeahTubaMike posted:

Wow, I didn't realize that "[celebrity] got his ribs removed so he could suck his own dick" was a multi-generational thing.

Same lol, it was Marilyn Manson for me (Wisconsin, mid-90s)

Also, this isn't exactly a dumb marketing move, but couldn't think of a better place to post htis

https://twitter.com/OutOfContextEv2/status/1249887407660548096

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Captain Hygiene posted:

I kind of want to work at a mob front now. Just doing something I love without worrying about profits.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

YeahTubaMike posted:

I think you could do a pretty interesting sociology paper about variations on the "[celebrity] got a rib removed so he could suck his own dick" and "[celebrity] had to be rushed to the hospital to have a gallon of semen pumped out of their stomach" urban legends across time and geographical regions. I'd read it, at least.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Antivehicular posted:

I think you could do a pretty interesting sociology paper about variations on the "[celebrity] got a rib removed so he could suck his own dick" and "[celebrity] had to be rushed to the hospital to have a gallon of semen pumped out of their stomach" urban legends across time and geographical regions. I'd read it, at least.
...but you self-suck just one gallon of semen...

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Splicer posted:

I kind of want to work at a mob front now. Just doing something I love without worrying about profits.

Good news! Unless you own the business you can do that anywhere you work!

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

AFewBricksShy posted:

For some reason, in Philly this was claimed of Jerry Penacoli, a local news anchor.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Would removing a rib even allow one to suck their own dick?

Asking for no reason.

No reason at all.

Also where would you find a doctor that would do that?

Out of curiosity, you see.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Also does it matter if you're fat? Does the fat get in the way?

edit: Also how much is lipo.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

"Hey Doc, I need a rib removed, to pleasure myself, you see, while you're in there can you siphon off these extra 10 lbs I got?"

"Get the gently caress out of my ER"

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
Those hollywood hedonists can get doctors to do anything for money!

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
What if you got hot coffee spilled on your lap and your physical reaction was so strong that your muscles stretched to the point where you could suck your own dick

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

What if you got hot coffee spilled on your lap and your physical reaction was so strong that your muscles stretched to the point where you could suck your own dick

Physically impossible, and believe me, I have tried

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
I think you're two just need to suck each other off instead of going the expensive surgery route

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

Nitrox posted:

I think you're two just need to suck each other off instead of going the expensive surgery route

There's still this doctor as the middleman between these two and there's the pizza delivery guy.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
The pizza delivery guy stands there, crying spiders from his eyes, with a gallon of cum in his stomach and a sadistic killer hiding in his backseat

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Captain Hygiene posted:

There are stories that many of legendary music clubs in Austin's heyday of the 70s-90s were fronts for laundering weed and harder stuff.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

YeahTubaMike posted:

I'm more surprised that "X celebrity had to go to hospital to get Y gallons of semen pumped from their stomach" isn't a multi generational thing.

And in very geographic and time specific urban celebrity legend. Everybody in Melbourne who went to school during the 90s would swear that it was their Maths teacher who was the bass player in TISM. They would be wrong though, because it was my year 9 science teacher.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

BrigadierSensible posted:

I'm more surprised that "X celebrity had to go to hospital to get Y gallons of semen pumped from their stomach" isn't a multi generational thing.

And in very geographic and time specific urban celebrity legend. Everybody in Melbourne who went to school during the 90s would swear that it was their Maths teacher who was the bass player in TISM. They would be wrong though, because it was my year 9 science teacher.

We had a drama teacher who was super tall who we all thought was Ron Hitler Barassi

In actual content, wow.

https://twitter.com/necrosofty/status/1294417944638656513

Memento has a new favorite as of 06:05 on Aug 15, 2020

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

yoga classes are way cheaper than rib removal

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax

Memento posted:

We had a drama teacher who was super tall who we all thought was Ron Hitler Barassi

In actual content, wow.

Seriously? Orangina has been doing furry ads for more than a decade now
what rock was this guy under

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I like to imagine some 1400s caveman saying "did you hear mozart went to ye olde doctory to get his ribs removed for orally pleasuring himself?"

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Memento posted:

In actual content, wow.

liberate tuteme ex inferis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrkUDm9pnIw

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax
https://twitter.com/Coelasquid/status/1294498376847781890?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009
I don’t think the furries are the issue with Orangina Cowboy/Indian/Samurai/Geisha