Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Gregg Williams's career surviving that audio recording of him telling his players to injure guys has been a wild development even for the NFL imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Kull the Conqueror posted:

Gregg Williams's career surviving that audio recording of him telling his players to injure guys has been a wild development even for the NFL imo

Dollars to donuts everyone in the NFL has worked with someone that did it, but probably not as prolifically

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
I mean, pull up just about any NFL Films clip of defensive players or coaches through at least the mid-90’s and they’ll openly talk about trying to injure other guys. A few teams in the mid-80’s, IIRC both the ‘85 Bears and ‘86 Giants, took a lot of pride for having streaks of knocking the opposing QB out with injuries.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

The thing that really stood out to me about Bountygate was some people getting much more upset about Gregg telling players to take out the knees than they were about him saying about Frank Gore after he'd had a concussion, "Crush the head, and the body dies."

MD2020
May 30, 2003

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

SKULL.GIF posted:

The thing that really stood out to me about Bountygate was some people getting much more upset about Gregg telling players to take out the knees than they were about him saying about Frank Gore after he'd had a concussion, "Crush the head, and the body dies."

I think if the tapes came out now the reaction would be different since people are more knowledgeable about the damage from concussions.

But up to a few years ago, some players would prefer a bit to the head versus the knees, since in could keep you out a week while the other could end your season or career.

MD2020 fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Aug 14, 2020

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

mcmagic posted:

They literally 100% should have. He did more than enough as interim coach to earn that job.

He's a garbage human being. He's done more than enough to disqualify him from any coaching job.

The worst thing he did wasn't in creating and running the bounty program, it was in going states evidence for Goodell against the organization and his players in order to salvage his career after he drew the lifetime ban.

A.o.D. fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Aug 14, 2020

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Knees are something you can very obviously gently caress up though, and there's a difference in tackling form between trying to willis mcgahee guys and driving your pads thru their thighs

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

A.o.D. posted:

He's a garbage human being. He's done more than enough to disqualify him from any coaching job.

The worst thing he did wasn't in creating and running the bounty program, it was in going states evidence for Goodell against the organization and his players in order to salvage his career after he drew the lifetime ban.

No the worst thing he did was create and run the bounty program are you kidding me

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Intruder posted:

No the worst thing he did was create and run the bounty program are you kidding me

They both amounted to trying to destroy others careers for his benefit

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

A.o.D. posted:

They both amounted to trying to destroy others careers for his benefit

Yeah, but one comes with catastrophic physical injury as well

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

tarbrush posted:

Yeah, but one comes with catastrophic physical injury as well

It's not like my view is uncommon. Dante puts those who betray others at the bottom circle of Hell.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

This is real bold of Greggg when the dude has got to know deep down he isn't as good a coach as Carroll and the amount of problems he runs into throwing everything and the kitchen sink into his defense.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Diva Cupcake posted:

The Seahawks defense has far more talent than the Jets and Gregggg’s defense was still better.

https://twitter.com/billbarnwell/status/1294067547571138560

lol look at the replies. commoners being like "stats are stupid"

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

A.o.D. posted:

It's not like my view is uncommon. Dante puts those who betray others at the bottom circle of Hell.

yes I'm sure that among Saints fans his snitching was a worse sin than telling his guys to intentionally injure other players in a way that resulted in a Superbowl win

also lol at the Dante reference

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Intruder posted:

yes I'm sure that among Saints fans his snitching was a worse sin than telling his guys to intentionally injure other players in a way that resulted in a Superbowl win

also lol at the Dante reference

Why do I keep hearing a banging trash can?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/Chargers/status/1294323093213569025?s=19

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Silly Burrito posted:

e: actually no, no clapback, just lol that you're defending intentionally injuring other players

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Silly Burrito posted:

Is there any drumming on a street light or one little voice calling you?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Intruder posted:

e: actually no, no clapback, just lol that you're defending intentionally injuring other players

Never said I was defending it.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Silly Burrito posted:

Never said I was defending it.

Then what are you trying to accomplish?

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Importing cross-sport drama, banworthy imo

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Intruder posted:

Then what are you trying to accomplish?

Do you completely disavow your team’s championship because one of the coaches was a bad egg?

Gregg Williams is a piece of poo poo.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Silly Burrito posted:

Do you completely disavow your team’s championship because one of the coaches was a bad egg?

I certainly don't claim Fiers being a snitch is worse than the rest of the scandal

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

sharknado slashfic posted:

Importing cross-sport drama, banworthy imo

Lemiuex did nothin.... Man I don't even like hockey and gently caress that guy.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Silly Burrito posted:

As an impartial person vacate both of your titles.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Saints fans in 10 years: actually, whoever leaked that the organization was defending pedophile priests is the worst person of all according to the mores of the fourteenth century.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

King Hong Kong posted:

Saints fans in 10 years: actually, whoever leaked that the organization was defending pedophile priests is the worst person of all according to the mores of the fourteenth century.

Damned liberal media

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Gregg Williams is a piece of poo poo and I'm definitely not just saying this because he literally stole the Jaguars' playbook in 1999

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

As an Astros fan and a saints fan, id just like to say I hate sports

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
If it’s any consolation they hate you back

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

really queer Christmas posted:

as a Jaguars, Magic and Braves fan, boo hoo it must be so hard, try being a fan of an ACTUALLY bad team

(tries and fails to hide Alabama's multiple titles since I attended there behind back awkwardly)

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

really queer Christmas posted:

You've always got the Pelicans, how have they looked so far in the bubble

:smith:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Silly Burrito posted:

You've always got the Pelicans, how have they looked so far in the bubble

:smith:

All I can say about the bubble is LOL Suns

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Is there security cam footage of this (yet)? I really want to see how he thought this would work. I'm picturing everyone else sitting around in t-shirts and gym shorts and some "dude" walking in with 6" lifts, full pads, and a mirrored visor. "How do you do, fellow Seahawks?"

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/RileyMcAtee/status/1294317943161884673?s=19

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Intruder posted:

That, in fact, is not what the gently caress is happening.

King Hong Kong posted:

Nah gently caress that. Benson deserved a bullet for that poo poo. I'm glad he's dead.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
If you don't want to catch poo poo for defending intentionally injuring other players maybe just shut the hell up instead of trying to :goonsay: about it

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Strobe posted:

If you don't want to catch poo poo for defending intentionally injuring other players maybe just shut the hell up instead of trying to :goonsay: about it

Literally no one has done this you moron.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

A.o.D. posted:

Literally no one has done this you moron.

A.o.D. posted:

The worst thing he did wasn't in creating and running the bounty program

Uh huh.

When you say that something else was worse, it looks a lot like defending it even if you think you aren't, hth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
how are you reading that as 'defending' the bounty program? what???