Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

please dont troll

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER
seriyos though I get seasonal allergies and every time people talk about "fresh air" my sinuses just disagree at a fundamental level

pretty sure air drying is a good way to get them all prepollenated

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

yes but sometimes people inhabit in structures where they can control the climate

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

not many of us, but I think its gonna catch on

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

fart simpson posted:

i dont even own a suit

i only wear suits. best dressed bitch at the beach.

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

power botton posted:

yes but sometimes people inhabit in structures where they can control the climate
The post I was replying to was specifically saying to put them outside for that nature scent

And yeah I've been coronaing indoors with the best air filters and it's been relatively bearable

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

ShadowHawk posted:

The post I was replying to was specifically saying to put them outside for that nature scent

And yeah I've been coronaing indoors with the best air filters and it's been relatively bearable

fair enough. I feel you. my dust/pollen allergies only stopped incapacitating me for like 3 or 4 months of the year after years and years of shots. now they just kinda suck.

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

I air dry clothes indoors in a room with a dehumidifier (and if thicker fabric, with a fan as well) and while it likely doesn't save as much power, it sure extends the clothes' lifetime.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

i hooked up my Z6 as a webcam and it's pretty awesome. i have a 35/2 on it so the background is totally smeared out, and wide open this lens has a ton of spherical aberration so it makes me pretty, and it's pin sharp as long as i stay in one spot.

you should do the same with your sony

I like that this guy loves to talk about how middle class he is at the same time he talks about flying planes and hooking up a $2000 camera to use as a webcam.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
if your clothes go from fresh to funky fast just stop wearing cotton that poo poo just absorbs every smell

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

catching up to say cole haan makes incredibly dumb shoes

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I like that this guy loves to talk about how middle class he is at the same time he talks about flying planes and hooking up a $2000 camera to use as a webcam.
:ironicat:

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

Bhodi posted:

if your clothes go from fresh to funky fast just stop wearing cotton that poo poo just absorbs every smell

ive found that taking showers and wearing deodorant helps with that. its like home cooking which its kind of a pain initially but if you keep at it you might incorporate it into your daily life and wonder how you lived without doing it all these years.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I like that this guy loves to talk about how middle class he is at the same time he talks about owning a home and hooking up a $2000 razor blade to use as a webcam.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

holy gently caress I dont want to work today

Apr 7, 2003

Move to a 'lovely' neighborhood and you too can own a home

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i want to!!!

Apr 7, 2003

Here's a cool little place two blocks from me.

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/1521-Rockland-Ave_Pittsburgh_PA_15216_M38447-65514?view=qv

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
i incredible hulk my way out of my clothes every night before bed

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
:hmmyes:

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

every poster from every thread in yospos moves into Tori's neighborhood for a HUGE block party

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Glorgnole posted:

every poster from every thread in yospos moves into Tori's neighborhood for a HUGE block party

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Glorgnole posted:

yinzers of yospos

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

wtf am I doing with my life. this money would get you half of a 50-year-old condo in a teardown building in Vancouver

Apr 7, 2003

I mean, that house is a hundred years old. It's well-maintained though.

The floorplan is identical to mine.

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

around here, 100 years old just means it was built out of old growth instead of plywood

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
oof, plaschke got it

https://www.latimes.com/sports/story/2020-08-12/column-bill-plaschke-covid-19-experience

(use reader mode to get around the popups)

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

that's 224k cad, here's what i can get for less than 250k in my city

Apr 7, 2003

dang, talk about owned.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

actually he won't be owning anything

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
i mean i can own an empty lot that floods regularly two cities over for 250k :smuggo:

Apr 7, 2003

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/1327-Shady-Ave_Pittsburgh_PA_15217_M32666-76251?view=qv

Here's a literal palace not far from here if that's your thing.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
Gave a powerpoint presentation/announcement of support today on autoscaling applications in kubernetes according to sqs, kafka lag or cpu load

went pretty well considering I was just monologing to a computer screen for like 30 minutes.

i even had two demos that both worked properly.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
It's good because the SQS thing essentially replaces lambda for us which is good because engineering leadership hates lambda for some reason.

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
well lambda is bad but sqs is also bad so that's a wash

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Makeout Patrol posted:

wtf am I doing with my life. this money would get you half of a 50-year-old condo in a teardown building in Vancouver

yeah I'm trying to find something comparable based on the idea of "move to a 'lovely' neighborhood and you too can own a home" and it's like, I guess six hundred thousand dollars for a townhouse in Newton

e: now I'm wondering how many Vancouverites there are in the pos

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Kazinsal posted:

yeah I'm trying to find something comparable based on the idea of "move to a 'lovely' neighborhood and you too can own a home" and it's like, I guess six hundred thousand dollars for a townhouse in Newton

e: now I'm wondering how many Vancouverites there are in the pos

there are so many bc goons

Apr 7, 2003

Try living in a city that's not being used to launder money.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

Try living in a city that's not being used to launder money.

lol so <checks notes> thunder bay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I used to think luddite professors were the worst people to deal with, but the ones who love every new stupid piece of tech junk that comes out are actually worse

we're ordering a bunch of these for an area
https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/virtual-reality-and-smart-devices/smart-office/thinksmart/c/thinksmart