Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was the lowest point of the Simpson
Homer Votes
Harlem Shake
Keisha Tik Tok intro
Homer Live
Lisa Goes Gaga
Other (please specify)
View Results

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

pooch516 posted:

Is Homer considered a furry because of that scene now?

If anything, it means that the panda is a human-y.

edit: a skin-y?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Iron Crowned posted:

Hey, "Panda-Monium" is a really good pun

Would Panda-Moanium been too much? I bet it'd be Panda-Moenium today.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
panda-emic

(18-36 months from now)

pooch516
Mar 10, 2010

iamsosmrt posted:

Would Panda-Moanium been too much? I bet it'd be Panda-Moenium today.

With a picture of Moe on the banner. And then a cutaway to Moe in the crowd. "That's my face on the banner!"

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747
Okay, so it's Season 31 and the plotline can throw in a panda without doing a whole episode leading up to it. Homer and Bart + whoever show up to the panda ranch (ironic sign lampshade, "formerly ostrich" at best) and it's run by... Moe? Moe what are you doing running a panda ranch? And from there it's up to Al Jean and the crew what would be the funniest way to imply Moe wanted easy access to all the pandas he could gently caress day and night nonstop.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
They’d say get it? It’s a callback to Cape Feare when Moe was keeping pandas in the bar

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
And then someone steps on a rake.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Turns out there’s even a weirder Gil episode than the one where he stays with the Simpsons

Homer is driving in his usual manner and style (ineptly and recklessly) when he carelessly drives into an alleyway, with no room to maneuver and faulty brakes, where Santa's Little Helper and the now-homeless Gil are eating out of trash cans. Homer is horrified by the notion of hitting a sweet and lovable dog, so he slams into Gil instead, who ends up with a serious neck injury and plans to sue the Simpsons for everything they've got.

The jury accepts the defense argument that dogs are not only as good as humans, but better in many ways, and they dismiss Gil's case. Mayor Quimby decides to ride the pro-pooch sentiment by instituting measures that cater to canines and punish humans who do such things, like round up strays and even run animal medicine places like the poor Dr. Budgie, who gets arrested and put into shackles.

Dr. Budgie's plea for Springfield to realize that the dogs will soon notice that humans have advocated their alpha status and turn on the citizens is not taken seriously until it actually happens. Even Santa's Little Helper joins the feral dog pack, as the town hides from the now-vicious dogs, and a town meeting leads to the community begging their most broken-down citizen to help them: Gil. Gil is ready to face down his fellow street creatures, but it is Marge who steps up, and after finding out the leader of the dog pack is a vicious chihuahua named Taquito, kicks Taquito clear out of their showdown park and becomes the new alpha of Springfield.

All of the dogs return to their homes and families, from Ned's Baz and Mr. Burns' hounds, to Lisa and Bart's joyous reunion with Santa's Little Helper.

In the final scene, Gil thinks he is found a new friend in a weakened Taquito who licks Gil's hand and barks happily. Gil does not realize the Chihuahua is only being friendly so he can get a taste for Gil before the poor ex-salesman finally dies and Taquito eats his corpse.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I want some taquitos

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
Someday the Simpsons will end.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

porfiria posted:

Someday the Simpsons will end.

:lol:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Post the simpsons far future post

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Simpsons is written by one of those Russian algorithm YouTube channels now. It will never end. We will soon be getting episodes about pregnant marge and Elsa.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

pooch516 posted:

With a picture of Moe on the banner. And then a cutaway to Moe in the crowd. "That's my face on the banner!"

Marge: Hey look! It's Moe! The bartender!

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
Whether it's when Dan Castellaneta has a heart attack while banging three Russian prostitutes at the same time while snorting 8-Balls; or when the world economy utterly collapses under the weight of decades of neglect and predation on the part of the vampiric overclass; or it's when the Hybrid Coyote Mutants take over the last Fox broadcasting station in the denuded lands that used to be called the American Southwest; or when the last Hydocarbon with Homer Simpson's face etched upon it, floating aimlessly through space 10 trillion years from now, finally breaks apart

The Simpsons will end.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Code Jockey posted:

Marge: Hey look! It's Moe! The bartender!

"Oh hiya Midge, this is my bar! Homer, I didn't see you there!" (nervous laughter)

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Days of Simpsons Past

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

bobjr posted:

Turns out there’s even a weirder Gil episode than the one where he stays with the Simpsons

Homer is driving in his usual manner and style (ineptly and recklessly) when he carelessly drives into an alleyway, with no room to maneuver and faulty brakes, where Santa's Little Helper and the now-homeless Gil are eating out of trash cans. Homer is horrified by the notion of hitting a sweet and lovable dog, so he slams into Gil instead, who ends up with a serious neck injury and plans to sue the Simpsons for everything they've got.

The jury accepts the defense argument that dogs are not only as good as humans, but better in many ways, and they dismiss Gil's case. Mayor Quimby decides to ride the pro-pooch sentiment by instituting measures that cater to canines and punish humans who do such things, like round up strays and even run animal medicine places like the poor Dr. Budgie, who gets arrested and put into shackles.

Dr. Budgie's plea for Springfield to realize that the dogs will soon notice that humans have advocated their alpha status and turn on the citizens is not taken seriously until it actually happens. Even Santa's Little Helper joins the feral dog pack, as the town hides from the now-vicious dogs, and a town meeting leads to the community begging their most broken-down citizen to help them: Gil. Gil is ready to face down his fellow street creatures, but it is Marge who steps up, and after finding out the leader of the dog pack is a vicious chihuahua named Taquito, kicks Taquito clear out of their showdown park and becomes the new alpha of Springfield.

All of the dogs return to their homes and families, from Ned's Baz and Mr. Burns' hounds, to Lisa and Bart's joyous reunion with Santa's Little Helper.

In the final scene, Gil thinks he is found a new friend in a weakened Taquito who licks Gil's hand and barks happily. Gil does not realize the Chihuahua is only being friendly so he can get a taste for Gil before the poor ex-salesman finally dies and Taquito eats his corpse.

I genuinely don't know if this is real or not. Have they started using Markov chain generators to create episodes

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Phlegmish posted:

I genuinely don't know if this is real or not. Have they started using Markov chain generators to create episodes

The length of the episode summary is inversely proportional to the quality of the episode

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Phlegmish posted:

I looked it up because I was also confused, and I learned that this is like the fourth time Ol' Gil has died.

pablo gbscobar
Nov 24, 2007

oh shit i got the snype

:wom:
Lipstick Apathy

Data Graham posted:

I want some taquitos

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa

porfiria posted:

Whether it's when Dan Castellaneta has a heart attack while banging three Russian prostitutes at the same time while snorting 8-Balls; or when the world economy utterly collapses under the weight of decades of neglect and predation on the part of the vampiric overclass; or it's when the Hybrid Coyote Mutants take over the last Fox broadcasting station in the denuded lands that used to be called the American Southwest; or when the last Hydocarbon with Homer Simpson's face etched upon it, floating aimlessly through space 10 trillion years from now, finally breaks apart

The Simpsons will end.

i have covered these scenarios extensively

https://medium.com/@Birdbassador/possible-last-episodes-of-the-simpsons-e4cd2e6a8a39

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
I just remembered the time a Puerto Rican friend started saying "plan dental, Lisa necessita frenos," which of course transcends languages

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=S5OrdhY1n9Y

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

https://twitter.com/thesimpsons/status/1294287342144872449?s=21

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Marge Simpson has something to wheeze

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Seriously, I couldn't understand a word of that. I think I heard "Kill Me" ?

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

1) Julie Kavner needs to record her lines from an iron lung
2) What the gently caress is this animation? :psyduck:

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
marge_opening_head_turn_comparison.gif

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

YeahTubaMike posted:

1) Julie Kavner needs to record her lines from an iron lung
2) What the gently caress is this animation? :psyduck:

3) Remember when the Simpsons did political jokes that were funny?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

New Yorp New Yorp posted:

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Every time the Simpson makes a headline, or shows up on the Twitter sidebar, I say to myself, "God no, please make it stop."

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

New Yorp New Yorp posted:

Is there even a joke in there? I don't understand the point of the video. Like when it started I thought it might have some sort of bad political joke in it, but it's literally just Marge acknowledging that she was publicly mentioned in a slightly condescending way?

Like a bunch of comedy writers heard that their character was mentioned by the White House and Julie Kavner was called in to voice it and it was animated and... what even is it?

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Desperate and pathetic “notice us please” poo poo.

Why does a product with a legacy of such longevity, cultural impact, transcendence beyond its genre feel the need to embarrass itself for any small amount of attention? I mean I know why but still.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Every time the Simpson makes a headline, or shows up on the Twitter sidebar, I say to myself, "God no, please make it stop."

I hate it because normies might think this is the show I used to like :cripes:

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

I resent my grandmother for reaching 94 years despite being feeble and catatonic for the last 10, and outliving other family members whose lives were cut short.

The Simpsons is the same, but with more pop-culture references.

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

... aaand also go away and don't come back
housewiive

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

Marge now sounds like Moe doing an impression of Marge

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

The only reason I watched this was because I had the smallest feeling it might be Disney announcing they finally shut it down. Now I just wonder why they couldn't have hired a better sound alike.

Eh! Frank
Mar 28, 2006

Doctor gave me these, I said what are these?
He said that they'll cure an existential type disease

Hrist posted:

The only reason I watched this was because I had the smallest feeling it might be Disney announcing they finally shut it down.
I only watched it because I thought maybe it was Julie Kavner announcing her retirement

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

:chloe: