Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
http://chng.it/mm6WvZSHrV

I made a petition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Future Son posted:

100%

But I assume they all have no/poo poo jobs and need the money to survive, so I feel slightly less bad about their hustle just because I’m fortunate enough to have spare cash to waste on things. I’m fairly convinced most scalpers are just everyday retail employees.

Honestly all the scalpers I know here in town have comfortable middle class, sometimes upper middle class jobs. It's how they can afford the cases of toys to flip in the first place.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
At this point Hasbro, NECA and the like should just make them eBay exclusives so we can pay them the 75 bucks apiece instead of the scalpers.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Scalpers are gonna scalp this stuff no matter where you put it.

I kinda like collecting higher end stuff because it’s not scalpable for a year or so.

Eventually they’ll go up in price and that’s when it gets bad, but you have at least a year or maybe 3 if you’re lucky!

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

My long process of organizing my old toys continued today with the delightful discovery of a stockpile of Shadowrun Duels figures from 2003, most of them still in their packaging. For anyone who doesn't remember, this was a short-lived tabletop strategy game using high-quality 6-inch action figures. It was a novel concept and executed very well, but it never took off.

I bought wave 1 when they came out, opened them up and actually played the tabletop game as intended a few times with a friend. We both found the game really enjoyable, quick to learn, fast-paced and interesting... but then life happened and we didn't get to make a regular thing of it.

Some time later, after the toy line had pretty much sputtered and died, I was at a local shop and discovered what was probably a full case (or close to it) of wave 2 figures listed for $3 each. I bought out the entire stock, even though some were doubles; the way the game is set up, having two of the same figure isn't a bad thing... and even in 2003 money $3 was a hell of a deal. But my friend was too busy for an epic game night at that time, so I just stuck them all in a drawer, unopened, and basically forgot about them until tonight.

I had to check eBay to see if these guys are worth anything, and the answer is "not really." I guess the general lack of interest that killed the line has persisted to this day!

I hadn't looked at these guys in like 15 years, but I have to say they still totally rule. Honestly this is one of the coolest toy lines I ever saw, in terms of the artistry and in terms of the game system that gave you a good excuse to actually play with your toys. I'm honestly a little relieved they're not super valuable because I don't really want to get rid of any. They're going back in storage for the moment, but I can totally see myself cracking open those packages someday just to play a few more rounds of the game if my old friend comes around.

I'm actually only missing one figure out of the entire released series, which is the Toy Fair exclusive... and I'm probably just gonna buy one right now, since they're not expensive.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Sounds like with DC's departure from Diamond and now the shuttering of DCC that there's going to be a massive warehouse clearing at Diamond. Talked to my old boss and the rumor is ALL DC Collectibles stock is going to be blown out at cost just to clear space. Same for DC TPBs. And this won't just go to the direct market, the last time they did a inventory blowout Ollie's bought the book clearance. So we're likely going to see a fuckload of DCC merch at Ollies in time for Christmas.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Nerd Of Prey posted:

My long process of organizing my old toys continued today with the delightful discovery of a stockpile of Shadowrun Duels figures from 2003, most of them still in their packaging.

Throw some pics up?

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Sounds like with DC's departure from Diamond and now the shuttering of DCC that there's going to be a massive warehouse clearing at Diamond. Talked to my old boss and the rumor is ALL DC Collectibles stock is going to be blown out at cost just to clear space. Same for DC TPBs. And this won't just go to the direct market, the last time they did a inventory blowout Ollie's bought the book clearance. So we're likely going to see a fuckload of DCC merch at Ollies in time for Christmas.

A bit of good that can come from this. I know you took advantage of Ollie's sales, and I live right by one, but didn't. We should all keep each other in the loop when and if anything shows up.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

A bit of good that can come from this. I know you took advantage of Ollie's sales, and I live right by one, but didn't. We should all keep each other in the loop when and if anything shows up.

Absolutely. But this will be a lot more random, this stuff was usually 5000 made or less so who knows what's even in there. It may end up sold off to smaller reseller chains if there isn't enough quantity to ship event pallets to their stores.

Sitting here trying to decide if it's worth driving to NJ for toys.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Absolutely. But this will be a lot more random, this stuff was usually 5000 made or less so who knows what's even in there. It may end up sold off to smaller reseller chains if there isn't enough quantity to ship event pallets to their stores.

I'm more interested in the TPBs. I think the last DC Direct/Collectibles product I bought was the Black Lantern Blue Beetle from the box set, and that was [pauses to look it up] 2011. I should have picked up the Arrowverse Constantine, though.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
The 'last' DC Collectibles figure I brought was Icons Blue Beetle(III), the actual last was Icons Blue Beetle & Booster Gold bwahahahahaha

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Rhyno posted:

It's never worth driving to NJ.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Other posted:

The 'last' DC Collectibles figure I brought was Icons Blue Beetle(III), the actual last was Icons Blue Beetle & Booster Gold bwahahahahaha

But wait, they were cancelled. Did you get production copies or something? Or are you messing with me?

BlackCircle
Oct 21, 2005

I did Nazi that butt coming

Grant DaNasty posted:

The Mezco One: 12 Death Dealer is up for preorder. :dance:

But it's $150 because it comes with pins and a Death Dealer art print. :suicide:

It comes up to be around $180 with taxes and shipping. Eh, I just can't do it. And I really wanted him to go with the Conan I preordered on BBTS too, but Conan was only $90.

https://www.mezcotoyz.com/one-12-collect-death-dealer-vault

This makes me very sad. I really wanted this figure to go with my Conan as well but at that price there is no way I am going for it.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

But wait, they were cancelled. Did you get production copies or something? Or are you messing with me?

The joke is that the last thing of theirs I tried to buy was canceled

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Other posted:

The joke is that the last thing of theirs I tried to buy was canceled

Well poo poo, same. I wanted that set SO BADLY for my Blue & Gold collection that I've shown off far too many times here.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

The_Doctor posted:

Throw some pics up?

I'm not trying to be a dick here but you could just google 'em and come up with a million pictures... I swear my Shadowrun toys look just the same as anyone else's. I have them put away in a big storage bin now...

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Any thoughts on the Raw10 line?

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

I bought the Raw10 Cobra because I think it will look good as a corny dio piece for the new Cobra Commander and friends. It's a hunk of rubbery plastic. No articulation. It's a statue that bends. Not super impressed, but it will do for what I wanted.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I was thinking they'd look good with the MOTU Origins, mechanized beasts are on brand for them.

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

Managed to get Beachhead and Roadblock, so pretty successful weekend I think.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Dale-Taco posted:

Managed to get Beachhead and Roadblock, so pretty successful weekend I think.

Nice haul! I'll be really curious if your Snake Eyes' knife fits in the sheath or not. Mine didn't.

I want a Roadblock, but I don't think they've made my perfect version yet. I prefer the darker colors on this one, but don't love his painted shirt, and I like the more classic head on the other one better. When I was a kid, I loved that Roadblock spoke in rhyme, was a gourmet chef, and saved Cobra Commander's life when CoCo was desperate and friendless.

I suspect Beach Head's beret will get repainted for Stalker and Flint, who are inevitable. Falcon and Dialtone are longer shots.

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

I'm probably not going to find out since I'm stay in the box for these. The boxes are cool as poo poo.

The ones I really want are Firefly, range viper, and Wild bill. A crimson guardsman is also an instant buy.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
Well what characters are in that new video game which is pretty obvious that is where the designs for these have come from.

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.

Nice haul! I'll be really curious if your Snake Eyes' knife fits in the sheath or not. Mine didn't.

None do, its part of a molding error I guess. I actually got my Dremel tool out to cut a slit in the holster so he could put a knife in there. Works great, looks fine, doesn't damage the aesthetics as long as you don't over cut it.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
I got Snake Eyes in the mail yesterday and the holes in his guns bother the poo poo out of me

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

NYC is a wasteland for figures, as usual.

In other news: anyone back that Action Force kickstarter? Sgt Slaughter gave them the official rights to his likeness, so that's basically the only way you'll get him in your Joe crew, and if I'm gonna dip in with him, might as well grab a few others, I figure... or not? They look a little too realistic/janky.

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

You guys are taking me along this time? Right? Wait Shaundi is going? This is bullshit man!

For those of you finding the Joe's, how have the faces and paint apps been?

I've debated going out to hunt for some in person vs just snagging a couple online.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
Edit: I thought you meant like brickseek. My bad. Still leaving the comments up for those it helps.

The apps are generally terrible.

Most of them have the same UPC or linked UPCs with most retailers so one in stock makes it look like all variations are in stock.

The Retro GI Joe ones aren’t in Walmart.com but are in a pdq in the store not on pegs in the aisle in most stores. I’d recommend just going in. The retro Joe PDQ is going to be hanging at the end of one of the aisles (not on the end-cap but just hanging near it). Most stores only get one with a fixed quantity.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
I went to Target earlier to get some groceries and saw Duke, Roadblock, red hair lady, Snake Eyes and Destro. Are these the figures people are looking for?

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

Louisgod posted:

I went to Target earlier to get some groceries and saw Duke, Roadblock, red hair lady, Snake Eyes and Destro. Are these the figures people are looking for?

No. Target has 4 exclusive figures that are all sold out.

Also the paint on the classified series is actually pretty good and the faces look p good too.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Dale-Taco posted:

No. Target has 4 exclusive figures that are all sold out.

Also the paint on the classified series is actually pretty good and the faces look p good too.

This. All of mine have been great.

Still looking for the Target stuff, though I managed to trade a guy on a Facebook group for a Beach Head. Still need 2-4 Troopers (or one, even) and all the rest.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

So has anyone anywhere found Baroness? I’ve seen no posting about finding her anywhere that I’ve looked.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

So has anyone anywhere found Baroness? I’ve seen no posting about finding her anywhere that I’ve looked.

She isn't anywhere in the U.S. A couple collectors bought her expensively from Hong Kong.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

She isn't anywhere in the U.S. A couple collectors bought her expensively from Hong Kong.

Like I said, what a shitshow.

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

Si when is Supreme Snake cobra commander supposed to be available on Hasbro pulse. I read that it was supposed to be September but there has been no new news on it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

All the ex-convention exclusives are just “September”.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Xenomrph posted:

Time to rename the thread.

Moai Ou
May 18, 2004

WE LOVE SHOOTING GAMES!

Fun Shoe

Xenomrph posted:

Welcome to G.I.Joe collecting! A decade later and I'm still pissed that the last MASS Device DVD set never had a wide release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Yeah, I'm to the point where I'm seriously debating trading away my Snake Eyes DX just to get a Baroness with cycle, but I'm aggressively talking myself down because that's a TERRIBLE idea and that Snake Eyes is like the jewel in my entire collection and I love him so much. :smithicide: