Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
numeracy
This poll is closed.
s*x n*mb*r 69 0.22%
w@@d n_mb_r 420 1.34%
Jeb! number 538 1.72%
Biden numbr 30330 96.72%
Total: 31357 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Atrocious Joe posted:

Prediction: Rather than defend the post office, Dem leadership is going to purpose giving subsidies to UPS, FedEx, DHL, and Amazon to pick up ballots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33ct9FBnIfI&t=31s

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

The astounding levels to which this election is being waged by pure shame, insults and vitriol at the people you want to vote for you feels absolutely unprecedented in my life time, and its not even into october yet.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Atrocious Joe posted:

Prediction: Rather than defend the post office, Dem leadership is going to purpose giving subsidies to UPS, FedEx, DHL, and Amazon to pick up ballots.

The rank and file are already begging for corporations to save them because they are real loving stupid

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Tom Guycot posted:

The astounding levels to which this election is being waged by pure shame, insults and vitriol at the people you want to vote for you feels absolutely unprecedented in my life time, and its not even into october yet.

Is this your first election? Did you miss out on 2016? If you did that's honestly a healthier choice than I made

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Harrismen

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
this election, much like 2016, is a secret blessing for the poster. you are being given a golden opportunity to engage in one of the posting life's highest callings: causing anguish and rage in the hearts of liberals because you won't obey them. please do not let it go to waste

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Nix Panicus posted:

Is this your first election? Did you miss out on 2016? If you did that's honestly a healthier choice than I made

Nah i remember '16, this just feels way way way more extreme than it did back then. Maybe i'm just further removed so it seems that way, I don't know, but its insane how nasty things are getting at people they're supposed to be trying to convince to brave a pandemic to vote for them, lol.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Tom Guycot posted:

it's true that noam says people in swing states should vote for biden but it's important to put it in context of his opinion on presidential elections as a whole, and taking it out of that context is akin to lying:

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот
so did 2010 not happen or do we just pretend that a biden presidency has no effect on whatever other electoral horseshit we're supposed to pretend matters

or are republicans going to learn better and help make congress better in 2022 under progressive scion president harris

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Atrocious Joe posted:

https://twitter.com/markhughesfilms/status/1294452448682053633?s=20

https://twitter.com/webjournalist/status/1294413933390921728?s=20

https://twitter.com/TheVFCastro/status/1294395008666173440?s=20

https://twitter.com/jasonzada/status/1294380853494198273?s=20

https://twitter.com/JBWolfsthal/status/1294366370382127105?s=20

https://twitter.com/crwooters/status/1294366070640455682?s=20

https://twitter.com/antcomic/status/1294362368193908736?s=20

https://twitter.com/SamSchumach/status/1294361360478998531?s=20

https://twitter.com/g_ratnam/status/1294351031384580096?s=20

https://twitter.com/ColorOfChange/status/1294322847230328837?s=20

https://twitter.com/Winston_Fisher1/status/1294293881975001089?s=20

unsurprising number of Obama/Biden staffers begging UPS/FedEx to take over the USPS in there

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Tom Guycot posted:

Nah i remember '16, this just feels way way way more extreme than it did back then. Maybe i'm just further removed so it seems that way, I don't know, but its insane how nasty things are getting at people they're supposed to be trying to convince to brave a pandemic to vote for them, lol.

I believe 2016 was nastier, mainly because Hillary had true acolytes dedicated to tearing down everyone and painting everything as sexism. Until now Biden didn't really have vigorous defenders, just slightly embarrassed apologists. But now we have KHive cultists coming in to say everything is sexism *and* misogyny, so I think it's about to get wild

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

Nix Panicus posted:

I believe 2016 was nastier, mainly because Hillary had true acolytes dedicated to tearing down everyone and painting everything as sexism. Until now Biden didn't really have vigorous defenders, just slightly embarrassed apologists. But now we have KHive cultists coming in to say everything is sexism *and* misogyny, so I think it's about to get wild

and nonsense about pretending to care about the post office that biden will help to dismantle if elected, being used to make sure to move the conversation away from the dirty anarchist protesters who kamala definitely doesn't want to black bag no sir not one bit, great timing

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan
democrats putting forth someone who does absolutely nothing to improve the world while claiming people need to vote for them against the great republican evil has been ongoing as long as I’ve been alive

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

kingcobweb posted:

it's true that noam says people in swing states should vote for biden but it's important to put it in context of his opinion on presidential elections as a whole, and taking it out of that context is akin to lying:

If Chomsky thinks there's a massive gulf between Biden and Trump then his mind has gone with age. gently caress off Noam, you aren't my supervisor.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Lmao these loving ghouls

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Honestly kind of disappointed that Biden didn't pick Hillary for VP just to see all the meltdowns.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
my vape juice has been stranded at a usps sorting facility for a week. help

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

PringleCreamEgg posted:

Honestly kind of disappointed that Biden didn't pick Hillary for VP just to see all the meltdowns.

reintroducing slavery to libya wasn't close enough to home for biden, he needed a modern american slaver of americans for the dynamic get up and go 2020s

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Smythe posted:

my vape juice has been stranded at a usps sorting facility for a week. help

I'm sorry, have you considered privatizing the post office?

RasperFat
Jul 11, 2006

Uncertainty is inherently unsustainable. Eventually, everything either is or isn't.

Nix Panicus posted:

This is great because it has such an enormous potential to backfire. The incoming nonstop shallow wokescolding could easily turn off the “moderate” Republicans they’ve been courting so hard and have them all go right back to Trump to stop PC from getting out of control.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Terror Sweat posted:

I'm sorry, have you considered privatizing the post office?

thats a good idea. mods? any help here?

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Tom Guycot posted:

That's a terrible "Wow, when you put strawman meme-speak in my mouth next to your fully-formed paragraph, I sure do sound stupid" meme. If this were accurate, there'd be another wall of text about third party votes as a leverage strategy, how future primaries won't be democratic, the evidence for Joe Biden being a rapist, etc. but then it wouldn't be a meme. The "the next four years are too particularly important" is the same manner of thinking that keeps leading Democrats to keep making deals with long-term losses in exchange for short-term gains to take back to their electorate, like the time they made the Bush tax cuts permanent in exchange for temporary funding increases and Joe Biden didn't even want Democrats to wait until they expired so they'd have more leverage. I call their bluff that I'm "privileged" by saying that if I die because someone decided not to cave on a long-term loss to our country's future for once, thereby saving lives in the long run, then so be it.

galenanorth has issued a correction as of 03:24 on Aug 15, 2020

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I can't tell if this sudden onset of meltdowns about the USPS are real or just an attempt to scare people into braving covid because they realized Trump had the in person advantage.

Gresh
Jan 12, 2019

Nix Panicus posted:

If Chomsky thinks there's a massive gulf between Biden and Trump then his mind has gone with age. gently caress off Noam, you aren't my supervisor.

I can't remember exactly where I saw it but it was on one of those lefty youtube shows where Noam Chomsky was being asked about Voting for Biden or staying home and like the first thing he said was "Germany in the 1930s" and I just turned it off right away. I don't need to hear some old man brains making yet another lazy Hitler comparison to Trump and how if we don't vote for evil over a bit more evil the world is gonna end tomorrow. And this guy is considered one of the greatest lefty minds... Oof.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tom Guycot posted:

Who posted this? I need to brutally humiliate them for being white supremacist scum.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
if you live in a swing state it's actually pretty important for you to take your ballot and wad it up your own rear end

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

Radish posted:

I can't tell if this sudden onset of meltdowns about the USPS are real or just an attempt to scare people into braving covid because they realized Trump had the in person advantage.

it's the obama ghouls trying to rile people up to make sure biden has ammo to fully dismantle the usps if he wins like obama tried and failed to do because they have personal financial stake in privatizing it

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

Taintrunner posted:

Who posted this? I need to brutally humiliate them for being white supremacist scum.

no u see having 35 republican governors and both houses of congress in 2022 is playing the long game since they're on our team now

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Radish posted:

its b.c ppls vape juice is trapped in the usps sorting facility, op.

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Radish posted:

if they ask us to risk our lives for biden after all they've done...

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Tom Guycot posted:

nvm it is just a pain to watch

Ruzihm has issued a correction as of 03:53 on Aug 15, 2020

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

mail delivery in philly is basically nonexistent at this point

Noam Chomsky
Apr 4, 2019

:capitalism::dehumanize:

Gresh posted:

I can't remember exactly where I saw it but it was on one of those lefty youtube shows where Noam Chomsky was being asked about Voting for Biden or staying home and like the first thing he said was "Germany in the 1930s" and I just turned it off right away. I don't need to hear some old man brains making yet another lazy Hitler comparison to Trump and how if we don't vote for evil over a bit more evil the world is gonna end tomorrow. And this guy is considered one of the greatest lefty minds... Oof.

hey now...

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

PringleCreamEgg posted:

his handlers don't post on SA

one can dream

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Tom Guycot posted:

They know they cannot offer anything concrete. This is all they have left. It is delightful.

Noam Chomsky
Apr 4, 2019

:capitalism::dehumanize:

Judakel posted:

They know they cannot offer anything concrete. This is all they have left. It is delightful.

Also hilarious that they'd have marginally better luck convincing people left of themselves to vote Biden if they'd simply shut the gently caress up but that's not good enough - they must have your subservience.

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

https://twitter.com/asher_elbein/status/1294467912951123970

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

Judakel posted:

they can offer it, but it would cost more than zero dollars and would help people who have under seven figures in a bank account therefore democrats will instead offer guilt in the form of societal pressure to force people to vote for them to save us from the monster the democrat party helped to create, like they will create the next one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Lol it's actually kind of awesome how much they hate us for refusing to be shamed into voting for the senile rap/cist and his sneering cop sidekick