Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
numeracy
This poll is closed.
s*x n*mb*r 69 0.22%
w@@d n_mb_r 420 1.34%
Jeb! number 538 1.72%
Biden numbr 30330 96.72%
Total: 31357 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

If you think about it, not voting in 30s Germany directly contributed to at least half of Germany turning Communist, so who's to say it wasn't the right call?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

Chillgamesh posted:

Lol it's actually kind of awesome how much they hate us for refusing to be shamed into voting for the senile rap/cist and his sneering cop sidekick

if the children are screaming and mad about the president it won't be like 2011 again and if we can't make it like 2011 again why are we even voting

Noam Chomsky
Apr 4, 2019

:capitalism::dehumanize:

Chillgamesh posted:

Lol it's actually kind of awesome how much they hate us for refusing to be shamed into voting for the senile rap/cist and his sneering cop sidekick

I think it's more they're terrified of four more years of Trump - not because of any potential material loss to themselves but rather the cognitive toll it'll take on them. Trump makes a mockery of everything they care about. Trump is a mirror showing this country to be the joke that it is. So, if you don't want to vote for Blue Trump you are forcing them to face the possibility of four more years of TROMP! and they lash out bigly.

Noam Chomsky has issued a correction as of 04:08 on Aug 15, 2020

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

I like how they put a bunch of academic jackoffs that haven't thrown a brick in their entire life, a social democrat, and some stream rear end lenin-misquoting rear end influencer all the way to the left and the noble nojoe to the right. it doesn't really work if you flip it around because then it becomes painfully obvious it's a bunch of loving libs being scolds. last I loving checked the captain of team communism isn't noam loving chomsky

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

Noam Chomsky posted:

I think it's more they're terrified of four more years of Trump - not because of any potential material loss to themselves but rather the cognitive toll it'll take on them. Trump makes a mockery of everything they care about. Trump is a mirror showing this country to be the joke that it is. So, if you don't want to vote for Blue Trump you are forcing them to face the possibility of four more years of TROMP! and they lash out bigly.

noam get out of here im ranting about u

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
damnit I'm mad! mad about memes!

Noam Chomsky
Apr 4, 2019

alarumklok posted:

noam get out of here im ranting about u

:negative:

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Noam Chomsky posted:

I was talking about something like this with my friend the other day - Trump is openly and blatantly destroying the USPS explicitly so that absentee voting is impossible and only the far more easily gamed electronic voting machines are used. He's nakedly rigging the election. And yet, liberals are so married to the concept of American exceptionalism, that they refuse to admit such a thing will defeat them, because that sort of underhanded tactic doesn't work on Americans. So they lose, put their hands in their pockets and kick a pebble, and resolve to next time use the completely honorable and definitely not-at-all compromised invincible procedure of American democracy, the freest and most just of all forms of democracy, to unseat the guy who is literally having mailboxes ripped out of the ground to prevent people from voting, because they refuse to admit that ACTUALLY AMERICA FUCKIN SUCKS

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

Smythe posted:

thats a good idea. mods? any help here?

the electrical engineering guy on youtube who got me into vaping makes his own juices right at home and also i know a libertarian who does as well mb i can find some videos (from the EE guy not the libertarian)

Noam Chomsky
Apr 4, 2019

What's even dumber about their whinging is that covid and the dismantling of the USPS are going to have a much bigger effect on the election than any amount of leftists voting for Howie or not voting. They're vote shaming as a masturbation aid.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Tom Guycot posted:

The astounding levels to which this election is being waged by pure shame, insults and vitriol at the people you want to vote for you feels absolutely unprecedented in my life time, and its not even into october yet.

Got as far as "actually, bro" before just rolling my eyes and stopping

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Ah, that's enough progress and justice for one generation. I'm stuffed!

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Noam Chomsky posted:

What's even dumber about their whinging is that covid and the dismantling of the USPS are going to have a much bigger effect on the election than any amount of leftists voting for Howie or not voting. They're vote shaming as a masturbation aid.

They're vote shaming the left because that's what you do

It's just reflexive, that's just what you do with the left, you crush them before they get to do anything and then you shame them into doing what you say

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Judakel posted:

They know they cannot offer anything concrete. This is all they have left. It is delightful.

I don't think its that. Its more extreme entitlement. They're entitled to win, entitled to be respected, entitled to be on top, entitled to have you do that they say... its like a spoiled kid who demands to have the toy you're playing with, and when you don't give it up throws a fit.

I don't know where this comes from, maybe its just from a lifetime of believing they're "the good guys" or something, gently caress if I know.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/kksteffany/status/1294431752165957632?s=19

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

lol Dr. B

"whys the neighbor family got a sign in their yard advertisin' for off-brand dr pepper"

Noam Chomsky
Apr 4, 2019

Chillgamesh posted:

I was talking about something like this with my friend the other day - Trump is openly and blatantly destroying the USPS explicitly so that absentee voting is impossible and only the far more easily gamed electronic voting machines are used. He's nakedly rigging the election. And yet, liberals are so married to the concept of American exceptionalism, that they refuse to admit such a thing will defeat them, because that sort of underhanded tactic doesn't work on Americans. So they lose, put their hands in their pockets and kick a pebble, and resolve to next time use the completely honorable and definitely not-at-all compromised invincible procedure of American democracy, the freest and most just of all forms of democracy, to unseat the guy who is literally having mailboxes ripped out of the ground to prevent people from voting, because they refuse to admit that ACTUALLY AMERICA FUCKIN SUCKS

Agreed. I've had a similar experience with even my left-liberal friends - they're all primed with the same harm-reduction voting propaganda and repeat it word-for-word.

I found this tweet applicable to this whole situation and not just this specific context: https://twitter.com/posadist_trapgd/status/1293312311885729796

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Noam Chomsky posted:

Agreed. I've had a similar experience with even my left-liberal friends - they're all primed with the same harm-reduction voting propaganda and repeat it word-for-word.

I found this tweet applicable to this whole situation and not just the specific context: https://twitter.com/posadist_trapgd/status/1293312311885729796

:hai:

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

Noam Chomsky posted:

I found this tweet applicable to this whole situation and not just this specific context: https://twitter.com/posadist_trapgd/status/1293312311885729796

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

ugh... the hamilton reference in the first one

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Radish posted:

I can't tell if this sudden onset of meltdowns about the USPS are real or just an attempt to scare people into braving covid because they realized Trump had the in person advantage.

it's real. i'm worried because i know a few people who work there. this attack on the post office would have occurred even without COVID

Noam Chomsky
Apr 4, 2019

Ruzihm posted:

ugh... the hamilton reference in the first one

https://www.currentaffairs.org/2016/07/you-should-be-terrified-that-people-who-like-hamilton-run-our-country

quote:

You Should Be Terrified That People Who Like “Hamilton” Run Our Country

The American elite can’t get enough of a musical that flatters their political sensibilities and avoids discomforting truths.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Is Dr. B referring to Jill Biden

are they admitting Jill Biden is going to be shadow president

Noam Chomsky
Apr 4, 2019

Atrocious Joe posted:

Is Dr. B referring to Jill Biden

are they admitting she Jill Biden is going to be shadow president

Yes.

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020
lin manuel miranda being bullied off of twitter/online in general by zoomers was immensely funny/satisfying to watch

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-features/lin-manuel-miranda-hamilton-tiktok-meme-1036975/

rolling stone put out an article about it too lmfao

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Here's a sign for the candidate's wife, because said candidate is so vapid as to be ethereal.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Tom Guycot posted:

The astounding levels to which this election is being waged by pure shame, insults and vitriol at the people you want to vote for you feels absolutely unprecedented in my life time, and its not even into october yet.

vaush looks like if someone took the DNA of the Chapos and the cumboys and created a combination of all of them. but dumber.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

:dance: CONVENTION EVENTS

The West Wing Weekly in Wisconsin!

August 18 - 8 PM EDT
Janel Moloney
Bradley Whitford
Joshua Maline
and Hrishikesh Hirway

Chip in any amount to join us for an exclusive West Wing Weekly event featuring Bradley Whitford, Joshua Malina, Janel Moloney, and Hrishikesh Hirway!

It's only going to be livestreamed once at 8pm ET on August 18th.

Anything you donate will be used to ensure that Trump loses Wisconsin, and thereby the White House.

Most people are chipping in $27!

CONVENTION EVENT: Democratic Majority for Israel: The U.S.-Israel Relationship in 2021 & Beyond

Foreign policy experts discuss the future of the U.S.-Israel relationship. Featuring Ambassador Daniel Shapiro, Mira Kogen Resnick, and Dana Stroul

Aug 17, 2020 02:00 PM in Eastern Time (US and Canada)

CONVENTION EVENT: The Next Generation of Pro-Israel Democratic Leaders

A discussion on the next generation of Pro-Israel Democratic Leaders, featuring Representative Max Rose, Kathy Manning, and Ritchie Torres

Aug 18, 2020 01:00 PM in Eastern Time (US and Canada)

CONVENTION EVENT: Building Back Better: A Post-Trump Foreign Policy

Join Foreign Policy for America, J Street, Quincy Institute, Truman National Security Project, Oxfam America Action Fund, National Security Action, and progressive partners for a conversation featuring keynote speaker Senator Chris Murphy (D-CT) on Tuesday, August 18th from 4:30-6:00 PM ET.

In the wake of the disasters of the Trump Administration, a Biden Administration will have an opportunity to build back better: to revitalize American diplomacy as our tool of first resort, restore American leadership and global cooperation to tackle the COVID-19 pandemic and the climate crisis, rebalance our investments to achieve lasting security, and strengthen US commitments to human rights, democracy, and global development.

Panelists include:
o Sen. Chris Murphy (D-CT)
o Amb. Dan Baer, Senior fellow, Carnegie Endowment for International Peace; former U.S. Ambassador to OSCE
o Loyce Pace, President and Executive Director, Global Health Council
o Carlyn Reichel, Foreign Policy Director, Biden for President
o Moderated by Heather Hurlburt, Director, New Models of Policy Change project, New America's Political Reform program

Partner organizations:
o Foreign Policy for America
o J Street
o Quincy Institute for Responsible Statecraft
o Truman National Security Project
o Oxfam America Action Fund
o National Security Action
o MoveOn
o Council for a Livable World

CONVENTION EVENT: Reimagining Restaurants: Cocktail Workshop and Conversation

Join One Fair Wage's Saru Jayaraman, chef & restaurateur Tom Colicchio, 2019 Bartender of the Year Ashtin Berry, and special guests while we make the official convention cocktail!

CONVENTION EVENT: Third Way: Young Voters in 2020

A conversation about a complicated and important slice of the electorate: young voters. Third Way's Lanae Erickson is joined by Michelle Mayorga from GBAO Strategies, Layla Zaidaine from mon calamari Action Project, and Antjuan Seawright from Blueprint Strategies to break down who these voters are, how they think about the issues, what they are looking for as they consider casting their ballots.

Aug 19, 2020 11:00 AM

CONVENTION EVENT: Democratic Majority for Israel: Looking Ahead to the November Election

A discussion with Democratic political insiders, featuring John Anzalone and Minyon Moore.

Aug 19, 2020 12:00 PM in Eastern Time (US and Canada)

CONVENTION EVENT: CAP: Making 2021 the Start of a Better Way Forward

Thursday, August 20, 2020, 1:00 pm ET - 02:00 pm ET

The events of 2020 have highlighted challenges specific to the coronavirus pandemic. These challenges have also further underscored long-standing structural and systemic inequities, from healthcare, to the climate crisis, to racism and the need for police reforms and accountability. Please join the Center for American Progress as we, along with progressive leaders, lay out ways to meet these great challenges and rebuild in such a way that is rooted firmly in bold progressive policy and will leave no American behind.

Speakers to be announced.

CONVENTION EVENT: J Street Convention Week Kickoff

Join us for a celebration of J Street’s political successes and a preview of our election plans heading down the 2020 homestretch. We’ll be joined by Amb. Dan Shapiro and J Street endorsees including: Rep. Jan Schakowky (IL), Sen. Tammy Baldwin (WI), Sen. Chris Van Hollen (MD), Rep. Mark Pocan (WI), Rep. Barbara Lee (CA) and Cal Cunningham (NC).

August 16, 4:30 - 6:30 PM

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

https://twitter.com/Stillraining12/status/1294478248185913345

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Willa Rogers posted:

this isn't real. you made all this up. I don't believe you.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/marwilliamson/status/1294467157900832769

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
whenever you hear a scolding biden cuck going on about harm reduction, remember that the harm being reduced is contained entirely within their fragile psyche and nowhere else. the "harm" in this case being "feels" and the "reduction" being "I used to be able to ignore this poo poo and I want to again"

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
people keep talking about tucker carlson or josh hawley as the guys to beat in 2024 but i sincerely believe tommy tuberville is going to get qpilled and be unstoppable

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

Willa Rogers posted:

this is some of the most cursed poo poo I've seen in a while. death to the democrat party

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

gradenko_2000 posted:

FYI this Vaush guy calls trans people subhuman so reminder to please not listen to him since it came up earlier in the thread

Didn't he come from twitch? Why is anyone taking the political opinions of anyone from that platform seriously?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
like tucker carlson is a guy who makes confused dog faces for a living and hawley is a guy who brought home one less eye and a pill problem but tuberville brought home the championship. hes also getting attacked by wildlife on the reg, has both hands stuck in jars 20 hours a week, and has probably killed ten people personally

En Garde Motherfuckers
Apr 29, 2009

Hey. Is it just me, or do my balls itch?

Willa Rogers posted:

is death an option instead

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
ah gently caress i posted the correction to the covid thread.

crenshaw is the weird loser to tuberville

AbysmalPeptoBismol
Feb 5, 2016

Nausea, heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach, diarrhea!

Willa Rogers posted:

I want to vomit and diarrhea at the same time, just constant streams
Purge until nothing is left

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

I heard Amy McGrath on MSNBC today and she kept using military jargon when referring to Mitch McConnell like "dereliction of duty" and "missing in action" and "abandoning his post". It was like a lovely WWE character's dialogue.