Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Abroham Lincoln posted:

Jessica Drew has a kid he can age up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GbCg71kf9g
And that aged-up new icon among superheroes shall speak in the tongue of Bendis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
If he's gonna age up the child of a superhero/private detective named Jessica it's gonna be Daniella Cage.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Skwirl posted:

He deleted the tweet for some reason, but a few years ago Chip Zdarsky joked that if his contract negotiations with Marvel didn't go well he was going over to DC and slipping them a note that just says "A Fourth Joker"

If Zdarsky ever does switch companies I fully expect that to be announced at the same time.

Probably after DC started giving him work. He’s drawing Fraction’s story for Detective Comics 1027, and I think he’s writing something for Death Metal, maybe.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Open Marriage Night posted:

Probably after DC started giving him work. He’s drawing Fraction’s story for Detective Comics 1027, and I think he’s writing something for Death Metal, maybe.

Huh, I thought he was Marvel exclusive. The tweet was deleted a long time ago though, like I think before Fraction even started working at DC.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Skwirl posted:

If he's gonna age up the child of a superhero/private detective named Jessica it's gonna be Daniella Cage.

Nah, future versions of Dani Cage have shown up in other stuff before. Gerry Drew is a blank slate with spider-powers and free for Bendis to ruin to do whatever he wants with.

site posted:

What is bendis' first book when returning to marvel

Avengers again so I can really get mad. Alternate joke/nightmare answer: Conan the Barbarian

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

TwoPair posted:

Nah, future versions of Dani Cage have shown up in other stuff before. Gerry Drew is a blank slate with spider-powers and free for Bendis to ruin to do whatever he wants with.

Avengers again so I can really get mad. Alternate joke/nightmare answer: Conan the Barbarian

You do know he created Dani Cage, right?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Oh I'm aware, I'm just kind of running with the joke (implying that he'll age her up like he did with Superboy and write mediocre stories with her).

I suppose I did not do a good job running with it and/or making a joke. I will go make a post in the funny panel thread in penance.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

https://twitter.com/BatmanSlander/status/1294511861027581952?s=20

radlum
May 13, 2013
So I just read on CBR that DC is publishing an 80s comics HC, with Alan Moore’s Twilight of the Superheroes full text; was that never published before and we only new excerpts of it?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

radlum posted:

So I just read on CBR that DC is publishing an 80s comics HC, with Alan Moore’s Twilight of the Superheroes full text; was that never published before and we only new excerpts of it?

I think it was only ever a pitch and I think the full pitch has been on the internet for a while.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
Definitely has been, I read it a long while ago. It's... probably a good thing it never panned out, but it's neat that they're officially putting it out there for people to see. It's definitely fascinating to look at a pitch like that and I wish we saw more behind the scenes stuff like that for stories that never came to pass.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

catlord posted:

Definitely has been, I read it a long while ago. It's... probably a good thing it never panned out, but it's neat that they're officially putting it out there for people to see. It's definitely fascinating to look at a pitch like that and I wish we saw more behind the scenes stuff like that for stories that never came to pass.

I mean...I'm guessing Alan Moore won't be getting a paycheck for it. But then what else is new?

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Yvonmukluk posted:

I mean...I'm guessing Alan Moore won't be getting a paycheck for it. But then what else is new?

He chose not to take the watchmen movie money, so he probably isn't too concerned. If anyone has made their peace with being treated poorly by a corporation it is Moore.

I wonder if it is just me, or does DC just not have any books to be excited about any more? They still have books I like just fine, and a few books like Suicide Squad that I think are really good... But something is missing.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Lord_Hambrose posted:

He chose not to take the watchmen movie money, so he probably isn't too concerned. If anyone has made their peace with being treated poorly by a corporation it is Moore.

I wonder if it is just me, or does DC just not have any books to be excited about any more? They still have books I like just fine, and a few books like Suicide Squad that I think are really good... But something is missing.

There are a few books that I am very eagerly trade waiting for (and hopefully the trades comes out soon) but I just feel in general there aren't any books out of any company right now that I am hyped for.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
I was super excited for Young Justice, but as it went on I was less so

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Madkal posted:

There are a few books that I am very eagerly trade waiting for (and hopefully the trades comes out soon) but I just feel in general there aren't any books out of any company right now that I am hyped for.

That's kind of where I am. Really looking forward to Fraction and Lieber's Jimmy Olsen TPB (still scheduled for October), and I'd like to read Bendis and Maleev's Event Leviathan, Rucka's Lois Lane, and King and Gerads' Strange Adventures as well.

EDIT: I forgot about The Question and Far Sector! Interested in both of those too.

Beyond that, I'm mostly just waiting for the last Sex Criminals TPB and the long-awaited TPB of Cobra: The Last Laugh from IDW (delayed from August to December due to COVID, and I'm hoping it doesn't get canceled due to the shakeups at IDW). Not much else is really exciting me about comics right now.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Aug 15, 2020

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Far Sector, Batman and The Outsiders, Justice League Dark+Odyssey, Jimmy Olsen, Wonder Woman Dead Earth, The Question, Injustice Year Zero, The Terrifics, Suicide Squad, and Green Lantern Earth One (I burned out on THE Green Lantern but Season One + Darkstars were fun) have all been good to me.

DC Universe can farm out its original shows and I'll be fine over here catching up on comics I overlooked but can read under one subscription - Lois Lane, Hawkman, Freedom Fighters, and Shazam have all been worth sticking around, to say nothing of runs from decades past.

Space Fish fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Aug 15, 2020

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
I'm now debating picking up the Batman: Creature of the Night hardcover despite hating hardcovers because I have no faith in a softcover ever coming out next year

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Green Lantern and Strange Adventures have been good. I keep buying Shazam and Doom Patrol, but I never get around to reading them. My DC pull list is at the lowest it’s been in a very long time.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

radlum posted:

So I just read on CBR that DC is publishing an 80s comics HC, with Alan Moore’s Twilight of the Superheroes full text;
That's sure a thing.
Wonder if they put in the Hypercrisis pitch, too.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

If they stop looting Moore's creative output the ghosts will come back. The sound of the rip-offs... must never stop.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
What's left of Moore's to loot at this point?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Xelkelvos posted:

He wrote for 2000AD for a while didn't he? Probably something there, but I doubt AT&T is interested in buying another comic company right now, especially when the most famous IP from that only has two movies, both of which were commercial failures.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Xelkelvos posted:

Lost girls

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

finally, Jack the Ripper will make his DC debut

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
The William Blake Who Laughs

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Alaois posted:

finally, Jack the Ripper will make his DC debut

From Hell was published by Top Shelf.

Also it'd be a little weird if there isn't already a Silver Age book where Batman fights Jack The Ripper.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Skwirl posted:

Also it'd be a little weird if there isn't already a Silver Age book where Batman fights Jack The Ripper.

Isn't there an Elseworld that does that?

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

TwoPair posted:

Isn't there an Elseworld that does that?

Gotham by Gaslight, the first Elseworld (they retroactively applied the label, even).

Robot Wendigo
Jul 9, 2013

Grimey Drawer
And just as I was settling in for a good run of Suicide Squad...I'm guessing Legion of Super-Heroes will be next for the block.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

How Wonderful! posted:

The William Blake Who Laughs

Hahahahaha.

Robot Wendigo posted:

And just as I was settling in for a good run of Suicide Squad...I'm guessing Legion of Super-Heroes will be next for the block.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if it's a lot more than just the usual titles getting canned.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Xelkelvos posted:

After Tom Strong showed up in The Terrifics, we're probably no more than one errant whim away from Promethea joining the Doom Patrol or something.

There was also enough casual interdimensional travel in Top Ten that I'm surprised we haven't seen Smax show up yet to punch some guys, although I suppose the ending of his miniseries makes that difficult.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Wanderer posted:

After Tom Strong showed up in The Terrifics, we're probably no more than one errant whim away from Promethea joining the Doom Patrol or something.

There was also enough casual interdimensional travel in Top Ten that I'm surprised we haven't seen Smax show up yet to punch some guys, although I suppose the ending of his miniseries makes that difficult.

Promethea already showed up in Justice League of America against the Queen of Fables basck when they were trying to set up some ancient superhero thing.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I can't find anything concrete but I seem to recall Moore commenting on Twilight ages ago and that DC only has his pitch, nothing more. He never gave them full scripts so this will likely be what, a few pages of ideas that we all read 20 years ago?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Rhyno posted:

He never gave them full scripts so this will likely be what, a few pages of ideas that we all read 20 years ago?
Maybe they'll get someone to do sweet-rear end roughs to make it look more like a comic that was gonna happen maybe.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

If anything, Death Metal was worth it for this.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
DickBats, Damian and Jarro series when?

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Xelkelvos posted:

DickBats, Damian and Jarro series when?

:hai:
Let Bruce war in Hell with Laughs for a while. The only bad thing about RIP was how fast he came back

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

was it faster than superman because I think thats was 6 months lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Darkseid zaps Bruce at the end of Final Crisis #6 and we learn that he has survived in Final Crisis #7.