Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

I’m watching AS1 and the producers were CRUEL. Episode one was the most bullshit thing they could’ve thrown at anyone.

I also cried at the Raven/Jujubee lip sync. Heart-rending and I’m so glad they both stayed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

MizuZero posted:

here’s a reddit thread I googled up

tl;dr poster in thread alleges Ilona’s poor attitude and bullying of other performers caused them to get blacklisted in vancouver.

re: racism- apparently 5ish years ago they posted a picture of themselves with braids, were accused of appropriation, then posted a self-defensive screed afterwards that included, among other hashtags, #lynchme

maybe the poster who brought this up in this thread can elaborate a bit more

It's more or less this along with just having a bad rep that a lot of other people have confirmed

I'm sure they're better right now, in 2020, but when this was filmed they definitely weren't better!!

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

Gonna be honest of all the racial injustice and appropriation going on in the world, a native two-spirit person wearing braids really isn't the thing I want to see the Twitter mob weigh in on.

Beelzebufo fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Aug 16, 2020

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Stroop There It Is posted:

And dammit Priyanka is so hilarious in her talking heads, it sucks that she wasn't able to show that in the improv challenges.

Seriously, she's super charismatic and seems pretty funny but she just totally doesn't manifest that in the improv stuff.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Ilona’s little photo set here is stunning.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CD2iMfppK45/?igshid=t2g3rvtkljyq

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

big dyke energy posted:

Are you saying you thought Bobo's runway was bad? What??

Yep, looked messy and all over the place. I personally didnt like it at all.

Oh man, if she came out with the burnt dress and flaming bouquet she would have been safe for sure.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

Vintersorg posted:

Yep, looked messy and all over the place. I personally didnt like it at all.

drat ok Santino.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Harsh vibes. :cheeky:

It's ok not to like things you do.

The flair on the right leg just doesn't mesh at all with this outfit. The green earings and rings do not go with it either. And I am not a fan of the flesh coloured fabric.

Vintersorg fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Aug 16, 2020

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

Just finished Drag Race Thailand Season 2 Episode 10 (the makeover challenge) and, wow. Kandy Zyanide literally set herself on fire!!! That’s got to be one of the most irresponsible things I’ve seen anyone do on drag race, ever. That she finished the runway afterward (and won the challenge!) is legendary. gently caress producer Sephiroth for cancelling this show, forever

Also, Pangina was having the time of her life as main host. I really like her and hope to see her cross over with mainline Drag Race at some point

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

Wait DRT is cancelled? What?

:(

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

no official statement, but it still hasn’t gotten a third season order two years after the conclusion of s2 and Piyarat Kaljaruek (producer with the good hair & heir to the Kantana Group media empire) unfollowed all of the queens on social, including Art & Pangina. Apparently the S1 queens were also snubbed at the S2 finale, being given seats way way back in the venue in favour of The Face Men alumni.

It seems that Piyarat is focusing more of his time & attention on The Face, though apparently he tweeted at the beginning of 2020 that DRT S3 was his new year’s resolution, so there’s hope but, lol this year. It’d be ridiculous not to continue if even only because the DRT S2 werkroom and runway are gorgeous and were probably very expensive

sources: some reddit threads

panko fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Aug 18, 2020

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
https://twitter.com/sheacoulee/status/1296529977006071809?s=21

I’m hoping this isn’t what I think it is.

https://twitter.com/thevixensworld/status/1296534056042147846?s=21

https://twitter.com/thebiancadelrio/status/1296534875260903424?s=21

jimmydalad fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Aug 20, 2020

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

It is...

https://twitter.com/thevivienneuk/status/1296535660577411072?s=21

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

gently caress. :( I knew she was hospitalized but hoped her condition would improve...

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

:smith:

gently caress.

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!
Oh no... First Lady Red, now Chi Chi, what an awful time.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
This loving sucks :(

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

I’m weirdly numb. I loved Season 8 and Chi Chi was one of my favourite queens from that season. She was also a sweetheart in All Stars 3. Thinking she isn’t with us anymore is... I’m finding it hard to process.

This year sucks.

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

What a gut punch.

Rest easy, Chi Chi.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

gently caress 2020

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Christ just like that - gone. Ugh.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
:(

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
Oh poo poo :( Chi Chi was such a delight to watch, an amazing performer and a really beautiful personality.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
God drat, Season 8 was my actual first Drag Race season too and Chi Chi was one of my favourites

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Chi Chi was so charming and funny and kind and this is so sad.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
This world is a turd city.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

I'm not crying you're crying (i'm crying too)

https://twitter.com/JarettSays/status/1296537963552108545

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
gently caress this stupid country and it's psychopathic approach to healthcare

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

rip miss devayne. She was a sweetheart during her all-stars run.

gandlethorpe posted:

gently caress this stupid country and it's psychopathic approach to healthcare

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I have no loving words.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Chi Chi's story is an incredible one, and the success she's had is truly heartwarming.

Wildly talented, and for some reason one of my favorite Chi Chi moments is when RuPaul told her she won a trip to New England.
the excited way she said "I get to go overseas?" and Ru's reaction to it will be gold forever.

Ugh, gently caress. Awful.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Terrible news. RIP Chichi.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I'm just glad she got to live life outside of digging through garbage for drag in the backwoods of Louisiana for the last four years and even go overseas to New England

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

I first learned about it early this morning on Facebook from a friend posting an old article about her being sick in the hospital and got so mad because I thought they'd just read the article wrong and were cutting a beautiful performer's life short for clickbait and likes. To find out it was the truth and they were just using an article that was on hand because the news outlets hadn't reported it yet... drat. Now I feel sad as hell that her light shines no more on this earth.

And all this because she hadn't been able to see her doctor for her scleroderma and it gave her kidney trouble... gandlethorpe's right, this country's health system blows.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
This is the worst.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Not to interrupt the :smith: BUT WE GOT ALANIS THIS IS NOT A DRILL

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Pinwiz11 posted:

A small light shining thru the darkness that is today

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Pinwiz11 posted:

And they didn't cut it for time either! I feel like Drag Race usually cuts out a verse or two from songs.

I'm loving Bobo not winning yet again.

Chi chi had such a wonderful spirit. She'll be missed.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

So sad to see Lemon go, but she worked the gently caress out of that Alanis lipsync. I think I would have picked Lemon over Rita to win it, but only because it felt like Rita took a while to get going. They both loving slayed, though. And honestly we're at a point in the season where I'll be sad to see anybody go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
I was really surprised by how much I like Lemon. I kinda feel like she is what Gigi stans (or Gigi herself) hoped that Gigi would be.

The news about Chi Chi has absolutely broken me, and I've been sobbing on and off all day. I was actually just thinking the other day that I wanted to give S8 a re-watch, but now I don't think I have the heart to. I had always hoped to see her live (even if her condition meant she wouldn't be flippin' and splittin' like she used to), and she was a beautiful light on this hell-earth. I have a signed print that I bought from her a few months ago, and I had just framed it last month....I really regret not getting a Cameo when I had the chance. :(