Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Shibawanko posted:

i cant even parse this sentence
I think it would have been even more blatant if it wasn't coming out of Teodor's dumb mouth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.
Actually, you're on the right track Rod in the Morning.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

("Oh well, everyone needs a project" is a lingering phrase from that arc)

ullerrm fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Aug 14, 2020

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

"We don't have any idea what we're doing, and I don't think it would matter if we did" is a situation I have found myself in more than once, too.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

"We got no chops on this device" occurs to me basically every time I try to do anything

random comic'd into the "rear end man/breast man" mini-arc, excellent

"After much deliberation, Achewood has come out in favor of fat titties."

KICK BAMA KICK fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Aug 15, 2020

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

I want Achewood merch that's the big puffy quilt that says "Just a couple of knuckleheads from the day" on it.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I'm still waiting on my phonecall from a fireman :smith:

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Jerusalem posted:

I'm still waiting on my phonecall from a fireman :smith:

Sorry, I'll get off the phone with him so he can call the next person on the list.

Gnoman
Feb 12, 2014

Come, all you fair and tender maids
Who flourish in your pri-ime
Beware, take care, keep your garden fair
Let Gnoman steal your thy-y-me
Le-et Gnoman steal your thyme

The alt-text for April 17, 2007 is amazing.

"Do not accept a spanking from Donald Trump, as the spanking will go bankrupt."

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.
Remember the time Ray ordered a prostitute but some sort of Lynchian chicken showed up wit her her kid and Ray asked if the kid was mixed race?

That one sneaks up on me every time I remember it.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

the one after or before when teodore's mouth falls off revealing woman lips is also p good

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

I done turned 'er head into a slug an' now she's a-stucked!
I've been drinking a lot of water lately because it's boiling and every time I go for a fresh glass 'I get VERY nice on this stuff' comes to mind.

Daktar fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Aug 16, 2020

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

It's your signature drink. You crave the stuff.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

Jerusalem posted:

It's your signature drink. You crave the stuff.

Taste the value, crave the flavor

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

I done turned 'er head into a slug an' now she's a-stucked!
Forget what you know about craveless nori

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Just Offscreen posted:

Remember the time Ray ordered a prostitute but some sort of Lynchian chicken showed up wit her her kid and Ray asked if the kid was mixed race?

That one sneaks up on me every time I remember it.

Ray?
Ray. I am a prostitute, Ray.

Also, that ...horribly deformed mass with a vagina that visited Beef.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Oh my god she has got scoliosis

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

thrilla in vanilla posted:

Oh my god she has got scoliosis

DENISE! ARE YOU CRAPPIN'?

YOU FEED THE DOG YET?

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

Your hams are big and unfashionable but I am down

Denise

Serious loving question why are so many lines from this comic pitch perfect

Just Offscreen fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Aug 17, 2020

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
these two tweets are almost like 2020 achewood

https://twitter.com/MrEschatologist/status/1295755531479584769?s=19

ray is a poo poo poster and pat is now a communist (sensible trajectory)

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

smarxist posted:

these two tweets are almost like 2020 achewood

https://twitter.com/MrEschatologist/status/1295755531479584769?s=19

ray is a poo poo poster and pat is now a communist (sensible trajectory)

Thank you for letting me know that Flight Sim 2020 is now out

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
I was thinking about when Ray said "Being in trouble is a fake idea" earlier today, and I realized how much of a Rich-person mentality it is.
Sure,Ray. Being in trouble is fake when you can pay your way out, or Daddy makes a deal to prevent anything going on your record.

I started typing poo poo out, then realized I could just link this image.
This encapsulates the whole idea.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

I was re-reading today, I guess I'll ask: What the hell was the deal with the super secret ice cream shop? Was Nice Pete actually going to kill Philippe? Was that Wilford Brimley-looking mofo in the shop another murderer? Was it all an innocent misunderstanding?

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Johnny Aztec posted:

I was thinking about when Ray said "Being in trouble is a fake idea" earlier today, and I realized how much of a Rich-person mentality it is.
Sure,Ray. Being in trouble is fake when you can pay your way out, or Daddy makes a deal to prevent anything going on your record.

I started typing poo poo out, then realized I could just link this image.
This encapsulates the whole idea.

Yeah, remember that one where he's going around the supermarket just eating poo poo off the shelf and feeding a beer to the little corn salesman? That's gently caress-you money behavior.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Pentaro posted:

I was re-reading today, I guess I'll ask: What the hell was the deal with the super secret ice cream shop? Was Nice Pete actually going to kill Philippe? Was that Wilford Brimley-looking mofo in the shop another murderer? Was it all an innocent misunderstanding?

the shop was long-disused and we know pete had drawn The Box Where the Children Shall Die so it's safe to assume that nothing good would have happened that night if philippe hadn't run

pete probably abducted him on halloween to satisfy one of his dark considerations and only realized after the fact that they were previously acquainted ("i know you and you know me and i see you and you see me") but that wasn't enough to stop him

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Phy posted:

feeding a beer to the little corn salesman

The little corn salesman loves to drink the beer :shobon:

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

i never liked ray i just think the situations involving him are funny but i dont care for him on his own most of the time

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

my favorite characters are probably little nephew, vlad, todd, etc. best arc is when little nephew goes to ancient wales and invents the toilet

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I think Ray's still fairly easy to like, for two reasons.

One, he explicitly fell rear end-backwards into his wealth. He's not outright poor before that, but he gets gently caress-you money out of pure dumb luck, without loving anyone over to achieve that.

Two, he's well-meaning as a rule. When he does lovely things, it's not because he's malicious, it's because he's dumb and didn't think something through before he did it.

If his money were dirty in any sense, or if he was ever just a straight-up rear end in a top hat, he'd be a much harder character to tolerate.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

WeedlordGoku69 posted:

One, he explicitly fell rear end-backwards into his wealth. He's not outright poor before that, but he gets gently caress-you money out of pure dumb luck, without loving anyone over to achieve that.

Two, he's well-meaning as a rule. When he does lovely things, it's not because he's malicious, it's because he's dumb and didn't think something through before he did it.

If his money were dirty in any sense, or if he was ever just a straight-up rear end in a top hat, he'd be a much harder character to tolerate.

Yeah pretty much the only time he's ever intentionally malicious to someone who didn't deserve it was that weird thing with Philippe, and that was due to Ray thinking he was teaching him an important lesson about life

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
he's pretty lovely to little nephew too

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

Stringent posted:

drrockso20 posted:

to someone who didn't deserve it

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Stringent posted:

You will find that there is no record of a crime being committed

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Start remembering what you hear.
Nice Pete was taking Philippe to the ice cream shop to have some ice cream

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

tori amos would need so many hugs if she were here right now

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

You can't prove she isn't

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Tori Amos is always here, one way or another.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

drrockso20 posted:

Yeah pretty much the only time he's ever intentionally malicious to someone who didn't deserve it was that weird thing with Philippe, and that was due to Ray thinking he was teaching him an important lesson about life

he called the cops on a guy whose only crime was to have a bunch of rotating animatronic josephs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

WeedlordGoku69 posted:

Ray's family is rich. Ray has that recording studio, but you know its a " small loan of a million dollars" situation.