Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Coffee?
This poll is closed.
Yay! 54 34.39%
Nay. 43 27.39%
O-kay? 24 15.29%
Whatever. 36 22.93%
Total: 157 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I don't actually understand why people say the part 4 anime is bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Waffleman_ posted:

How the gently caress is Part 5 a better introduction to Polnareff than Polnareff's literal introduction in part 3
People need to know of the glory of--

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

I made a dumb mistake and ordered something off Mandarake that had a huge box not knowing how loving expensive shipping would be and this morning woke up to an invoice where the shipping cost was 12000 yen

Fortunately I didn't pay (and can't because lol no 3D verification on my card) so I dropped them a line saying "hey uh can you cancel this"

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Like, the way they recut those three fights on the same day ends up not working but... that's really all I can think of in terms of major problems.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
trying to figure out the correct viewing order for my life

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
i fell off of diamond is unbreakable like a bit into the second cour or season or whatever.

idk, just didn't like the villain. found the characterization to be way too much into the trying too hard area of lovely shounen writing. dislike the mind of a killer poo poo.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

They should start with the 90's ova

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I liked the first season (Parts 1 and 2) alright, but I fell off once the seasons afterwards got both way longer and way more mixed in reception.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Arist posted:

I don't actually understand why people say the part 4 anime is bad

everyone looks smooth

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
I found the story frustrating to watch in the last third personally. I’ve never read any of the manga.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
whats funny about that watch order to me is that it just makes no attempt to order the manga-only parts as anything other than "yeah go to these after you watch the anime i guess, if you're impatient"

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I loved diamond is not crash as a manga but didn't really vibe with the anime

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

How strong is super saiyan blue gogeta really?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
part 4 is an okay adaptation of pretty good material vs part 5 being a really good adaptation of material that goes from being really good to being really mediocre

think the greatest tragedy in jojo is how part 5 starts off really janky in a fun and interesting way and then totally crumbles along the way. i love everything from the bruno fight up to the cathedral and then it just... just kinda...

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Mediocre is too kind to the last I guess quarter of Part 5

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Sakurazuka posted:

Mediocre is too kind to the last I guess quarter of Part 5

there are... a few okay ideas...???

it really does uh fall apart once it hits the last two assassin guys though

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

littleorv posted:

Why don't you watch the movie and find out

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Stairmaster posted:

Why don't you watch the movie and find out

I did and that’s why I’m asking

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i can understand if araki just ended up not feeling like going with a heavier direction at that bit but. well. man the direction he went with really just didn't work. at all. can't really substitute a more interesting potential fight with one with an identical guy you just pulled out your rear end who has zero emotional depth

honestly if anything it makes the way narancia dies way way sadder

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Aug 16, 2020

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

littleorv posted:

I did and that’s why I’m asking

He's INCREDIBLY strong.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

littleorv posted:

2 Slayer records.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

If you notice he actually does tap into ultra instinct near the end of the fight ever so slightly

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Stairmaster posted:

If you notice he actually does tap into ultra instinct near the end of the fight ever so slightly

I did not notice that, cool. I wonder if he could beat beerus

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
Wow, I burned out on watching part 4 after binging through parts 1-3 (and the ova series part 3 or whatever) because it was a big change in pace and I wasn't digging it. I was ridiculed online at the time because we were in the first cour and I guess it was the good cour, but now I am vindicated with public opinion going way down apparently...

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

The same thing happened to me when I was reading the manga. Got through 1-3 and then gave up like 1/4 into Part 4 and skipped to the end to spoil myself.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
I finished Sailor Moon (the first part, now I’m on Sailor Moon R) there was a lot of plot at the very end which felt kinda like tonal whiplash, but it was cool because I like the Sailor Guardians so I kinda cared when everyone started dying but not really and then the OP played at the dramatic start.

I can kinda see why people think Crystal isn’t that good cause from what I understand so far the “filler” that makes the show more slapstick/lighthearted is kinda what makes me care a lot about the cast when plot happens.

Also I have a suspicion that there’s not gonna be anything as unintentionally funny as that second Elite Four Heavenly King that makes random objects evil, but I hope I’m wrong.

Last Celebration fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Aug 16, 2020

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
did you jump over a whole season

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

The Colonel posted:

did you jump over a whole season

Nah I hosed up the name, I fixed it

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Complaints about Part 4's subject matter and pacing being a sudden nosedive for the series are crazy to me as a person who suffered through Part 3's needlessly drawn-out fights that weren't even good half the time.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

Arist posted:

Complaints about Part 4's subject matter and pacing being a sudden nosedive for the series are crazy to me as a person who suffered through Part 3's needlessly drawn-out fights that weren't even good half the time.

those were all the best parts....

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
<with a grim countenance> I did not care for Iggy.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Captain Cappy posted:

The same thing happened to me when I was reading the manga. Got through 1-3 and then gave up like 1/4 into Part 4 and skipped to the end to spoil myself.
I did roughly this the first time I tried reading Jojo.

The second time was post part 5 anime. I read part 6 and felt absolutely no need to continue because that was a surprisingly downer ending.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Who cares about the stone ocean adaptation when we have the thousand year blood war to look forward to

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I generally liked that the Part 4 anime's back half was very different from Jojo season 3 and I loved Season 5 even if it's rough bits (though I haven't read the manga for part 5 yet)

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
School Zone is cute

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Toalpaz posted:

Wow, I burned out on watching part 4 after binging through parts 1-3 (and the ova series part 3 or whatever) because it was a big change in pace and I wasn't digging it. I was ridiculed online at the time because we were in the first cour and I guess it was the good cour, but now I am vindicated with public opinion going way down apparently...

i did not like the anime pace, because anime is slow

having to sit through 40 minutes of harvest was enough to kill my watch

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

but i didn't really have issues either time i read part 4 as manga (duwang and not)

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Stairmaster posted:

i'm pretty sure this is false and it's just cool aura animation

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

unless you just mean the brief flash goku does of UI silver when transforming from ssg to blue and not gogeta

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

The cool aura gogeta gets is immediately followed by some sick nasty beam dodges.