Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

Son of Rodney posted:

Technically not free but Xbox live for the PC has a thing where it's one buck for the first month. I was frankly astonished how many good games are on there, the new flight Sim 2020 is gonna be free from the start.

I've been playing a bunch of game I was always hesitant to buy its pretty great

Yea I jumped on this as it's $5/mo after the dollar month too. Figured I was prepared to spend more than that on Flight Simulator alone. I skipped Xbox this generation so I'm looking forward to checking out Flight Simulator, Gears, Halo, and Forza Horizon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Game Pass... is good. But it's not free so it should probably go elsewhere. It'd be nice if it had its own thread separate from the Xbox one, though.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Look Sir Droids posted:

Happy for this opportunity so I could find out Total War games are not my thing, for free.

Unfortunately, it seems that most people you ask (including me) think this total war is loving terrible.

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.

dogstile posted:

Unfortunately, it seems that most people you ask (including me) think this total war is loving terrible.

Yeah, I understand the Saga games aren't that great. I think my dislike was more basic. The battles are the best part and I couldn't figure out how to correctly position my army and stretch the front. The camera is also awful. I'm sure there's ways to fix this, but it wasn't apparent to me. I was playing with maximum tutorials, and it wasn't enough. Also, when I got in to an alliance and diplomacy, god that poo poo is annoying. Ending a turn and having to sit and watch the AI armies move around is boring.

Monstaland
Sep 23, 2003

I played the poo poo out of Rome but anything TW after just can't hold my attention somehow. Probably because they're mediocre and dull

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Total War is a series of mediocre and dull or outright bad games.

Troy is the best price it could have ever been.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Gonna laugh at everyone when it turns out it's a legit Trojan horse :newlol:

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Klaaz posted:

I played the poo poo out of Rome but anything TW after just can't hold my attention somehow. Probably because they're mediocre and dull

After Rome is when the load times started getting insanely bad. The empire management took a pretty big poo poo and died around then too.

treat
Jul 24, 2008

by the sex ghost

Knightmare posted:

Yea I jumped on this as it's $5/mo after the dollar month too. Figured I was prepared to spend more than that on Flight Simulator alone. I skipped Xbox this generation so I'm looking forward to checking out Flight Simulator, Gears, Halo, and Forza Horizon.

I always used to scoff at subscription services like game pass, but having scored 5 free months with my new CPU I've been using it a lot. It's pretty liberating to be able to play games I'm interested in without the disgust I feel every time I buy a new game and watch my incomprehensibly massive library swell with turgidity that much more.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord
disgusted @ my turgid library

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
The Game Pass fills my library and I grow turgid. Sadness commences.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

treat posted:

watch my incomprehensibly massive library swell with turgidity

This is the worst thing I've seen written in this thread and think of the ground that covers.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

njsykora posted:

This is the worst thing I've seen written in this thread and think of the ground that covers.

A turgid thread for flaccid goons.

gregbest90
Sep 12, 2017

QubicGames are giving away some free Switch games on the eShop again this weekend; only pre-requisite is you grab Coloring Book (also free).

Jumping Joe and Friends
Mini Trains
Not Not - A Brain Buster
Pocket Mini Golf
Puzzle Book
Robonauts

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

gregbest90 posted:

QubicGames are giving away some free Switch games on the eShop again this weekend; only pre-requisite is you grab Coloring Book (also free).

Jumping Joe and Friends
Mini Trains
Not Not - A Brain Buster
Pocket Mini Golf
Puzzle Book
Robonauts

Thanks

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

gregbest90 posted:

Jumping Joe and Friends
Mini Trains
Not Not - A Brain Buster
Pocket Mini Golf
Puzzle Book
Robonauts

Are these games good?

SnakesRevenge
Dec 29, 2008

Remember the basics of CQC, Snake!

Cojawfee posted:

Are these games good?

No

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Free games (are these games good? (No))

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I have middling hopes for mini golf and I think my kid will like the train one

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

I hardly play any of these. The real game is collecting (mediocre) games you got for free along the way.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

The trail of free game tears

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

Escape Goat posted:

I hardly play any of these. The real game is collecting (mediocre) games you got for free along the way.

This man gets it.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

The one true Pokémon

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

30 minutes into Remnant and it's crashed on me twice. Welp, it was free

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

The second episode of 3 out of 10, the first episode of which Epic gave away last week, seems to be free at the moment. It may have cost money at some point, or might cost money in the future, but it does not cost money in the present.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

bees x1000 posted:

Update your drivers, i got through that entire game without a crash.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

bees x1000 posted:

The game has been really stable for me and everyone I've played with. I think combined with my friends we've got 500+ hours and maybe crashed twice or three times tops.

Zushio
May 8, 2008
Sometimes it makes me sad I can't even run 90% of the games I get for free. I really wanted to play Mutant Year Zero too. The last one that ran with no real issues for me was Pathways, which I really enjoyed. Managed to stumble into a few amazingly broken builds.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Drewjitsu posted:

The game has been really stable for me and everyone I've played with. I think combined with my friends we've got 500+ hours and maybe crashed twice or three times tops.

Are Epic Game Store and Steam versions of games different in any discernible way or are there any instances where one a few patches ahead of the other?

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Drewjitsu posted:

The game definitely had some stability issues right at launch on Steam but they fixed them pretty quickly. I can't speak to how well it runs now as I haven't played in several months.

e: Just realized who I was talking to, lol. Yeah, I have around 100 hours in the game by myself and I'm sure most of the people we played with have about the same amount of time.

Regrettable fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Aug 17, 2020

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Can steam friends play with Epic people in Remnant?

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

Boba Pearl posted:

Nope

ZombieApostate
Mar 13, 2011
Sorry, I didn't read your post.

I'm too busy replying to what I wish you said

:allears:

Boba Pearl posted:

Supposedly you can if you link your steam and epic accounts.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Boba Pearl posted:

I thought you could. Lemme see if I can't dig up anything.

Edit: https://www.reddit.com/r/remnantgame/comments/i4toth/will_the_egs_version_of_remnant_from_the_ashes/ yes you can, with some steps.

Also the subreddit looks like there are a lot of people complaining about stability right now, so maybe the game got less stable as of right now. I haven't played since I burnt out on the new corsus dlc about 4-6 weeks ago.

Legit Businessman fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Aug 17, 2020

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Drewjitsu posted:

Also the subreddit looks like there are a lot of people complaining about stability right now, so maybe the game got less stable as of right now. I haven't played since I burnt out on the new corsus dlc about 4-6 weeks ago.
they did just put out a pre-patch of some sort for the DLC coming out in a few days.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Ryza Roads free on itch.io. Apparently it's a decent little indie casual racer?

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Stickman posted:

Ryza Roads free on itch.io. Apparently it's a decent little indie casual racer?

Looks lovely, thanks

VegasGoat
Nov 9, 2011

Zushio posted:

Sometimes it makes me sad I can't even run 90% of the games I get for free. I really wanted to play Mutant Year Zero too. The last one that ran with no real issues for me was Pathways, which I really enjoyed. Managed to stumble into a few amazingly broken builds.

Check out nvidia geforce now to play games your computer can't handle. Free account can play games you own on epic/steam. Only limitation is the queue and you can only play an hour at a time before having to queue again.

I tried Ark on it since I didn't want to download 100gb (and figure out what to uninstall to make space). In the middle of the day I never had to wait more than like a minute to get in. Evenings got bad like 15 min wait. Seemed like US midwest server was less busy than others. Game ran fine, I didn't notice any obvious input lag.

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Quake three is free on the bethesda.net launcher for seventy-two hours, should you require any more games and/or launchers you will never use or play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Oh, I missed getting Quake 2. They should have just given them all away at the same time.