Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

The Titan was never popular here.

Now RAM, boy howdy do Canadians love RAM trucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

antimatt
Sep 12, 2007

ultima ratio regum
I DD a BRZ and I'm very interested in the new model.

I'm of the opinion that anyone complaining about the torque dip is just a bench racer looking for a reason to dislike the car. It's really not that bad. Either drive the fuckin' thing on full boil or deal with it being flat past 3k until 4k.

It's a wonderful car that I can drive the wheels off of and still get a combined 28mpg. I would like to have a newer one for CarPlay tho...

Also, odd opinion: I wonder what it would be like with the short-stroke Toyota GR V6? Asking for a friend.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.
Doesn't it have a normal double din head unit? Shouldn't be too difficult to add CarPlay.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Yeah, I have a Sony XAV-AX100 in mine and it literally took about 5 minutes to install.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

antimatt posted:

It's a wonderful car that I can drive the wheels off of and still get a combined 28mpg.

That's worse than I do in the Golf R, which I absolutely thrash whenever possible too. I would hope a newer version has significantly improved fuel economy.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

My R gets 28 on the highway, but it mostly lingers around 24.

Terrain matters a lot.

It's a shitton better than my WRX was doing (around 19mpg).

bull3964 fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Aug 16, 2020

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

bull3964 posted:

My R gets 28 on the highway, but it mostly lingers around 24.

Terrain matters a lot.

It's a shitton better than my WRX was doing (around 19mpg).

What kind of terrain are you driving through? I figured it would be way better than that. I've gotten several 27-28 mpg tanks in my M3 and my GTI could do mid 30's pretty regularly.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

Southwestern PA.

Whenever I visit my friend in VA, my gas milage jumps like 20%. Like 30% if I venture into OH.

When I was still commuting (shifted to WFH way before all this started) there was about an aggregate 400ft elevation difference between home and work, basically making it more downhill on the way there (34 mile round trip.)

In my BRZ, I managed to hit 42 mpg driving in one day. Of course, by the time I got home, average economy plummeted to about 28.

bull3964 fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Aug 16, 2020

Modus Man
Jun 8, 2004

Soiled Meat

Throatwarbler posted:

So there's going to be a Ghibli Trofeo now with the 3.9l Ferrari V8 and 572hp. This fixes all the problems with the Ghibli.

If this is going to be the Italian version of “just throw a Hellcat in everything” I think I will be ok with it. 3.9 4C, 3.9 124...

antimatt
Sep 12, 2007

ultima ratio regum

PT6A posted:

That's worse than I do in the Golf R, which I absolutely thrash whenever possible too. I would hope a newer version has significantly improved fuel economy.

My lifetime combined has a lot of cold starts and allowing the engine to idle to come to temperature and defrost the windows. Parking outdoors in Midwest winters sucks.

420 20
Apr 21, 2020

Olympic Mathlete posted:

One thing I've never really seen much of these days is pedestrian safety testing done with kid sized dummies. Seeing as kids being kids are more likely to run into the street, how come? I remember as a kid seeing loads of car testing done with kid dummies purely because kids forget and do stupid poo poo. Are we just breeding stupider adults these days? I mean this can all be evidenced with cars becoming smarter on the driver's side of things too.

And yes I get the whole percentile thing but kids are far more likely to get killed by impacts with cars than adults.

All those kids that survived grew up into stupid adults

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMXXL5fZTEY

Ram TRX reveal:

- 702hp, 4.5s 0-60, 12.9s 1/4 mile.
- Center locker manually adjustable for torque split.
- Sensors will detect when the vehicle is airborne and adjust power to the wheels to avoid driveline damage.
- Console shifter instead of rotary knob.
- lights in the hood scoop.
- Heads up display

Throatwarbler fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Aug 17, 2020

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
Lights in the hood scoop lmao

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
is it bad that i kind of like that interior? :ohdear:

also lmao jump control dodge knows its demographic

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
Can't wait for the lawsuits after about 300 of these things get totaled from jumping in the first week.

i own every Bionicle
Oct 23, 2005

cstm ttle? kthxbye
Lmao at everything about that truck. I love it

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
smdh he said the t rex was in the jurassic period

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
Where the gently caress are they expecting people to use jump mode?

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
The interior looks like a 2002 winamp skin

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
that thing slaps

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Throatwarbler posted:

Ram TRX reveal:

- Sensors will detect when the vehicle is airborne and adjust power to the wheels to avoid driveline damage.
- Heads up display

Nobody in Alberta can afford this anymore though

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Neo_Crimson posted:

is it bad that i kind of like that interior? :ohdear:

also lmao jump control dodge knows its demographic

Scionix posted:

Agree on both points

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

Throatwarbler posted:

Ram TRX reveal:

- Heads up display

jesus christ i love Dodge

this is the best truck ever made

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

They went all out on the "designed by and for 14 year old boys" aesthetic with a sweet Hotwheels truck and gave it a meaningless alphabet soup name instead of calling it the HELLTRUCK

you used to be cool, FCA

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Residency Evil posted:

In a suburban cul de sac on makeshift ramps made of 2x4s, obviously.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Edit

Midjack fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Aug 18, 2020

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

redgubbinz posted:

They went all out on the "designed by and for 14 year old boys" aesthetic with a sweet Hotwheels truck and gave it a meaningless alphabet soup name instead of calling it the HELLTRUCK

you used to be cool, FCA

actually it's the T-REX watch the intro of the reveal trailer again !

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

redgubbinz posted:

you used to be cool, FCA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FFOhD7CPO8

Presumably it's aimed at the demographic smart enough to not need the name explained to them.

EnergizerFellow
Oct 11, 2005

More drunk than a barrel of monkeys

Residency Evil posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKQdlXvbWSU

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Uhhhh I'm pretty sure some of those are deaths :smith:

Also holy gently caress that mud pit could've been :stare:

Fifty Three fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Aug 18, 2020

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Throatwarbler posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FFOhD7CPO8

Presumably it's aimed at the demographic smart enough to not need the name explained to them.

yeah I didn't watch the video or consume any media about this thing outside of the thumbnail, I'll do better next time, I know this is important stuff

redgubbinz fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Aug 18, 2020

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Fifty Three posted:

Uhhhh I'm pretty sure some of those are deaths :smith:

Also holy gently caress that mud pit could've been :stare:

I removed it, edit your quote too.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

Scionix posted:

hahaha

trucks are at their best when they just admit that they're toys for 40 year old adolescents. I respect it.

edit: i wonder if you can run milkdrop on the screen

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Throatwarbler posted:

Ram TRX reveal:

- Heads up display

It's so ridiculous I love everything about it

edit: lol at the video

I still want Chevy to make a Silverado SS with street suspension and tires and the 650 HP V8 and stop pretending about all this off-road poo poo. Not everyone lives near Moab. Too bad the current Silverado is hideous

5" exhaust tips! Its 2" wider than the Raptor, which for those of you who have been in/driven a Raptor, is absurd. It'd be like parking a semi

heated game moment fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Aug 18, 2020

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Ok, I love everything about that.

Edit: Also, that jurassic park clip as a callout to the raptor was entertaining. They know what their competition is, they going for it.

Elmnt80 fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Aug 18, 2020

Elem7
Apr 12, 2003
der
Dinosaur Gum
Count me as another whose not generally a pickup person but kind of wants one of these, just wish they'd make a street version with a standard length bed.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.

Elem7 posted:

Count me as another whose not generally a pickup person but kind of wants one of these, just wish they'd make a street version with a standard length bed.

Today's RCR reminded me reallllllllly bad of how much I miss having practical, no-nonsense trucks. Full disclosure, I had an 80s F250 longbed/standard cab but with the 460 instead of the diesel. It still lives on the family ranch, hauling hay bails.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

I am honestly surprised the top speed is only 118, I assume it’s purely due to gearing, but you’d think with 8 gears one of them could be set aside to be super tall? I can’t say I can recall ever hearing the raptor’s top speed but I guess I just assumed it would be something around 150+ with the engine and power in it but Ram claiming theirs is a higher top speed so :shrug: also apparently I completely missed that Dodge spun the Ram brand out as it’s own thing which just seems...why? Not like they had an abundance of models that were in danger of being confused with?

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.

TheBacon posted:

I am honestly surprised the top speed is only 118, I assume it’s purely due to gearing, but you’d think with 8 gears one of them could be set aside to be super tall? I can’t say I can recall ever hearing the raptor’s top speed but I guess I just assumed it would be something around 150+ with the engine and power in it but Ram claiming theirs is a higher top speed so :shrug: also apparently I completely missed that Dodge spun the Ram brand out as it’s own thing which just seems...why? Not like they had an abundance of models that were in danger of being confused with?

RAM = BIG HORNS = MASCULINE = BIG PEEPEE

DODGE = RUNNING AWAY = CUCK LYFE

It's all marketing, yo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

TheBacon posted:

I completely missed that Dodge spun the Ram brand out as it’s own thing which just seems...why? Not like they had an abundance of models that were in danger of being confused with?

The stated reason is to have the Dodge brand do “performance” while Chrysler does “downmarket” and Ram does “pickups.” Really really it’s probably to give more people C-suite jobs.