Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Coffee?
This poll is closed.
Yay! 54 34.39%
Nay. 43 27.39%
O-kay? 24 15.29%
Whatever. 36 22.93%
Total: 157 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
yeah Patricia's stuff was completely cut from the Tsurezure anime and that sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

Phantom Blood is nine episodes long and it escalates insanely fast. Like, ep1 is Victorian character drama, ep2 is Dio plotting a murder and Jonathan fighting street thugs, ep3 is Dio turning into a vampire and fighting Jonathan to the death in a burning building. I wouldn't call that "slow". It's not like Stardust Crusaders, where like 80% of the show's runtime is random encounter fights that inexplicably get two episodes (looking at you, Death 13)

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

kater posted:

the us military has endorsed jojo, i loving demand it be classified as normie poo poo no matter hoew beautifully gay it really is

It's also endorsed Azur Lane.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
organizations will endorse things they have no reason not to as long as they think it could ultimately be to their benefit

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

What is this? It's cute.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Listen, do you sushi her or not? :colbert:

We were robbed. :cry:

Toalpaz posted:

I have no clue what this guy wants but his voguing is killing me.
He is a dweeby rear end in a top hat but he is the best kind of dweeby rear end in a top hat you can have on your side. :allears:

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/bunnycartoon/status/1294991018329243649

I didn't know about this

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Acerbatus posted:

What is this? It's cute.

https://mangadex.org/title/44380/kantai-collection-kancolle-miiro-no-alto-sax

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Acerbatus posted:

What is this? It's cute.

KanColle: Miiro no Alto Sax

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
woah!!

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

kater posted:

the us military has endorsed jojo, i loving demand it be classified as normie poo poo no matter hoew beautifully gay it really is

They'd change their minds if they knew about the dog stuff.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

considering how soldiers are just americas cops for the rest of the world im not so sure about that

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

i mean it's absolutely normie poo poo at this point but that's not a bad thing

I don't think anybody here is trying to maintain an air of superiority by watching only the most obscure animes of the finest vintage

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

everythingWasBees posted:

I don't think anybody here is trying to maintain an air of superiority by watching only the most obscure animes of the finest vintage

i am

i'm the ruler because i have watched megami tengoku and i don't think anyone else in the universe knows what megami tengoku is

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

you arent allowed to talk about what is/isn't for normies unless you've seen next century war chronicle ergheiz

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_6vW3oxMVk

ITS CALLED DREAM JACK

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
I literally thought Ehrgeiz was a made up word for the video game

but it's literally just german

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i am the ruler because i have watched aoi umi no tristia, the debut ufotable production. everyone needs to get on my level

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

I think that's really awesome sci-fi font. It looks exactly like stereotypical alien glyphs but is still technically readable. Very interesting.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

votoms has the best next episode previews ever

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

i had no idea people didn't like the part 4 adaption, it's probably my favorite of the ones theyve done so far.

the moment during Atom Heart Father where the stardust crusader music hits instead of the DIU theme is a good example of how to adapt stuff to fit the medium, it kicks rear end

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Its time. Someone let me back into the anime chat discord. ||please||

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Toalpaz posted:

Its time. Someone let me back into the anime chat discord. ||please||

https://discord.gg/2HvNDY

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

everythingWasBees posted:

Meh, I mean sure but I also feel like in the otaku bubble it's easy to underestimate how tricky to sell it can actually be to some people, between the art style, the content generally being A Lot, how just about every part after 2 has one or two segments I have to take care to either warn my friends of ahead of time or make he decision to just skip. Feels like for every friend I show it to who becomes a fan, there are two more who decide it's just too much.

Pootybutt fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Aug 16, 2020

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

merci

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

i know jojo is normie because i like it

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i feel like most 'warn people ahead of times about This Bad Content' things wind up, having the warning be weirder and more offputting than the content

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Elephant Parade posted:

Phantom Blood is nine episodes long and it escalates insanely fast. Like, ep1 is Victorian character drama, ep2 is Dio plotting a murder and Jonathan fighting street thugs, ep3 is Dio turning into a vampire and fighting Jonathan to the death in a burning building. I wouldn't call that "slow". It's not like Stardust Crusaders, where like 80% of the show's runtime is random encounter fights that inexplicably get two episodes (looking at you, Death 13)

I think it's not that engaging or fun. It felt very dry and by the numbers but that's to be expected if you watch anything that other than Jojo's first because a lot is based on it. Part 2 however owns bones.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
so there's a child who gets blown to bits in part 4? and if that's not your thing we can just watch something else or skip it when it happens. have you ever watched a child die? it might not be your thing. if it were, that would be weird. haha

*we start the show* so were you yes/no on watching the child fireworks?

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

im the least normie because i watched day break illusion and liked it

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

yeah I love daybreak, one of sylvester stallones best films

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

homeless snail posted:

yeah I love daybreak, one of sylvester stallones best films
So, between Over the Top, First Blood, The Lords of Flatbush and Rocky?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Space Flower posted:

so there's a child who gets blown to bits in part 4? and if that's not your thing we can just watch something else or skip it when it happens. have you ever watched a child die? it might not be your thing. if it were, that would be weird. haha

*we start the show* so were you yes/no on watching the child fireworks?
lmao

but yeah im just thinking of the big twitter thread i saw with like 'ugh how dare people recommend utena without people mentioning that it has TW: RAPE, INCEST, ANIMAL ABUSE, RACISM, SEXISM, SEXUAL ASSAULT, CHILD ABUSE, BODY SHAMING, DEATH, VIOLENCE, GORE' that had tons of replies of tweens going 'wow i was going to watch this i didnt know it was so hosed up!'

and like yeah it has those things but it is 99% goofy elephant comedy and the way it explores those things is pretty tasteful. im not saying people shouldnt be warned it comes up but idk theres got to be a more tactful way of doing that than just slamjamming it as teh first impression anyone has of a show. like utena is a show for thirteen year olds its not in the back of the vhs store and you have to ask the clerk to go get the keys while he talks about how he really enjoyed la blue girl

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
utena if it was a mangagamer announcement

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
watching strawberry panic (just a warning everyone, this show has a part where global warming is denied)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Space Flower posted:

utena if it was a mangagamer announcement
2015: utena has entered beta testing!
2022: utena's betatesting is 73% complete
2023: we are pleased to announce we have acquired the license to mawaru penguindrum
2024: mawaru penguindrum has been released!
2025: utena's betatesting is 75% complete

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Endorph posted:

2015: utena has entered beta testing!
2022: utena's betatesting is 73% complete
2023: we are pleased to announce we have acquired the license to mawaru penguindrum
2024: mawaru penguindrum has been released!
2025: utena's betatesting is 75% complete

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdpNJNvGQwQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I wouldn't content warn for anything in JoJo unless someone was particularly sensitive