Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty

hadji murad posted:

The 50 million for Morata from Atletico came through.
What the hell, did they pay 50m for Morata?

A big L O L.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

the sex ghost posted:

If they're buying a new keeper does that mean Henderson's going back to man u and if so is de gea on his way out? Intriguing moves for sure

I don't think they'll have much luck shipping de Gea off anywhere with his insane wages, unless they do a Sanchez and just pay off the difference. But there's been talk of Henderson at least challenging for the number one shirt next season, which really is the bare minimum considering Dave's sharp decline.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Utd should have sold him to Real when they had the chance and not "hosed up the paper work"

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Xabi posted:

What the hell, did they pay 50m for Morata?

A big L O L.

Morata paid for Werner with a little left over.

West007
Apr 21, 2013

Kinda funny to me, Romero is a very good keeper. I havent seen him make too many blunders. He could be a #1 in most other clubs I feel like.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

West007 posted:

Kinda funny to me, Romero is a very good keeper. I havent seen him make too many blunders. He could be a #1 in most other clubs I feel like.

He hasn’t been a number 1 anywhere for almost a decade, it’s bizarre.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Shrapnig posted:

He hasn’t been a number 1 anywhere for almost a decade, it’s bizarre.

First choice for Argentina and gets to be the best backup keeper in the world on United's bench. Decent work if you can get it.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

West007 posted:

I think the official line was always that he's fine when he only has to make limited appearances, but when he plays every game, the mistakes start to come up. Regardless he's been a very capable number 2, even when Dave turned into a huge pile of number 2.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

habeasdorkus posted:

I mean, the US is going to have Covid something bad for at least another 8 months, and Florida is one of the most hosed up parts of the country. I can see delaying the retirement drugs and stripper tour until 2022 or 2023 - and it helps that MLS is on a spring to fall rather than fall to spring schedule.

Florida has a lower death rate per capita than a ton of US states not to mention almost all of western europe

Plus he survived Dortmund doping (even though it killed his career in the end) so covid is nothing in comparison

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

African AIDS cum posted:

Florida has a lower death rate per capita than a ton of US states not to mention almost all of western europe

with or without the thousands of unexpected "pneumonia" deaths

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

Florida is a state with 21 million people , about 45% of spain and they have 50% more cases. They have a wooping infected to mortality rate of 1.6%, about a third of the world wide infected to mortality rate . I wouldnt trust those death numbers in any way, shape or form.canada has a ifr of 8%.

Meanwhile , Benfica also signed Luca waldschmidt from friburg for 15 million.
We might legit spend 100 million in new signings.

Antifa Poltergeist fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Aug 15, 2020

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

The Chonger is going on loan to Bremen for the season

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Good move for him. He needs regular game time.

Marcos Rojo's agent posted an instagram picture of Rojo's name and number on next season's shirt so I guess he ain't going anywhere. I still hold out hope he could come good.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

I'd love it if he did he's such a poo poo house but he's 30 now so I'm not sure how much more improvement there is in him. That said he's spent most of his time among such defensive luminaries as Chris Smalling and Phil "I'm Phil Jones" Jones

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Even if he just turns out to be decent he's still an option for a defence that is stretched thin for League Cup games or whatever. Maybe next time Maguire won't have to play for a few months through a hip injury with pain killer injections.

But then again considering how awful United's injury management is, he probably will.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Bundy posted:

I'd love it if he did he's such a poo poo house but he's 30 now so I'm not sure how much more improvement there is in him. That said he's spent most of his time among such defensive luminaries as Chris Smalling and Phil "I'm Phil Jones" Jones

Speaking of Smalling was Roma’s offer to buy him really that poor? He did well I think, and clearly is surplus at United.

Or did Roma not put in an offer? I don’t know how that went down other than that he left the club.

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
Are you guys talking about 2014 WC finalist Marcos Rojo suddenly "coming good" at age 30 when he has averaged 5 league matches a season for the last three years? What am I missing

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Gigi Galli posted:

Speaking of Smalling was Roma’s offer to buy him really that poor? He did well I think, and clearly is surplus at United.

They were dragging their feet on a permanent deal. All the in the knowns are convinced a deal will be made and Smalling will be staying in Rome.

Meanwhile Ole's putting some fire under Woodward's rear end.

https://twitter.com/ManUnitedZone_/status/1294757823344254976

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

According to Fabrizio Romano United have signed Filip Stevanovic from Partizan, with the intent of having him stay there on loan for one more year.

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1294329641298264064

v:confused:v

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

elbkaida posted:

Are you guys talking about 2014 WC finalist Marcos Rojo suddenly "coming good" at age 30 when he has averaged 5 league matches a season for the last three years? What am I missing

lol

Yeah, he was garbage during that WC and ever since, why anyone would think that would somehow change is beyond me

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I don't, but I have to hope.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Messi wants to leave Barca apparently. Let’s have him in the prem plz

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Nobody tell Woodward

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Bape Culture posted:

Peps bringing him home

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

DiMarzio reporting United might now be considering the possibility of thinking about preparing a bid for Douglas Costa. https://twitter.com/DiMarzio/status/1295062151405752320

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Bape Culture posted:

jurgen please use your german black magic on him

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

vyelkin posted:

jurgen please use your german black magic on him

Didn't Bayern already do that the other day

Grimble
Jul 7, 2002

He will build a castle with garden on an island called Cheshire, and he is permitted to breed.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Bape Culture posted:

Finally we'll know

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
newcastle should sign some players imo

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Finally we'll know

Too bad Stoke are no longer in the top flight

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Joe Hart to spurs on a free as third choice keeper. Spurs are having homegrown quota issues.

Also it looks like Oliver Skipp is going on loan to Norwich for a season. Possibly a sweetner for max aarons.

Jippa fucked around with this message at 09:13 on Aug 17, 2020

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Is that why? I was just coming to ask why we've put Joe Hart on the books.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Jose posted:

newcastle should sign some players imo

Some journos reporting they're trying to get Smalling.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
You don't solve "homegrown quota issues" by signing a poo poo backup keeper who will never play. Might as well register a kid from the academy for that job. Or leave the spot blank.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Has a player ever gone from England first choice to this generation's Richard Wright so fast?

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Bundy posted:

Has a player ever gone from England first choice to this generation's Richard Wright so fast?

Pickford is well on his way.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
top england striker James Beattie has signed for us as we bid to become the new birmingham city, the team who avoided relegation by two whole points. who wouldnt love to see him react first to a nuhiu knock-down and crack in one like this https://www.facebook.com/premierleague/videos/2554132088168857

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
James Beattie is has been stealing a living with his mate Garry's help for years. Useless coach, decent drinking buddy apparently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
Keep him away from the showers