Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Coffee?
This poll is closed.
Yay! 54 34.39%
Nay. 43 27.39%
O-kay? 24 15.29%
Whatever. 36 22.93%
Total: 157 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Irony Be My Shield posted:

I wouldn't content warn for anything in JoJo unless someone was particularly sensitive

Good for you. Doing so has saved me and my viewin buddies a lot of awkwardness.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

https://twitter.com/ningiou/status/1295061577448792066?s=19

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxyh-nlDOeM

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

Endorph posted:

i feel like most 'warn people ahead of times about This Bad Content' things wind up, having the warning be weirder and more offputting than the content

when its for strangers, sure, but they were specifically talking about their friends, which makes sense imo

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

I mean normie poo poo doesn't mean everybody likes it, it just means that when talking to people outside this bubble it's something they might mention

it also means that squiggles makes edits in their TL about it

game of thrones is normie poo poo for example
and also not something that everyone would be recommended to watch without caveat

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
Wow, what a meh ending to the Tsurezure Children.... I know you can't adapt fully the whole series......... But that was a fairly bad place to end the show, it didn't feel like a good resolution.

I guess I will look to the manga...

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
The new FLCL seems to have gotten a lukewarm reaction, but the music from it popped up on youtube's recommendations and drat if that doesn't give me the biggest nostalgia feeling.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Paracelsus posted:

The new FLCL seems to have gotten a lukewarm reaction, but the music from it popped up on youtube's recommendations and drat if that doesn't give me the biggest nostalgia feeling.

There's a couple of good songs in there, but in the show itself a lot of the music just feels...washed out and muted by the onscreen dialogue and action, instead of feeling very accompanying like the first season's OST, which was a vital part of the feel and tone of the season. You could remove almost every song from 2 and 3 and it wouldn't make much of a difference.

Thank you my Twilight is still a banger though.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Pillows is good music

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm like 20 hours into steins;gate and I'm thinking okarin is the only member who contributes nothing to this team.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
i like the fire force manga so far how is da anime

i loved Soul Eater

🎶Excalibur~~ Excalibur~~🎶 (the dub version of the song)

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Toalpaz posted:

Wow, what a meh ending to the Tsurezure Children.... I know you can't adapt fully the whole series......... But that was a fairly bad place to end the show, it didn't feel like a good resolution.

I guess I will look to the manga...

I only realised that was the last episode when there wasn't another one the next week :(

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

verbal enema posted:

i like the fire force manga so far how is da anime

i loved Soul Eater

🎶Excalibur~~ Excalibur~~🎶 (the dub version of the song)
The anime has incredible animation and direction in spots. Cant comment in the pacing compared to the manga but the visuals are often gorgeous

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
In my opinion the pacing in season 1 was better than the manga, because it sped through all of the tedious build up early on.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Acerbatus posted:

I'm like 20 hours into steins;gate and I'm thinking okarin is the only member who contributes nothing to this team.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i might give fire force another look after whenever i get around to soul eater

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
the Soul Eater OP owns

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

I only realised that was the last episode when there wasn't another one the next week :(

I can really see that happening

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

verbal enema posted:

the Soul Eater OP owns

the second op grew on me but the first one is all time

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Endorph posted:

i feel like most 'warn people ahead of times about This Bad Content' things wind up, having the warning be weirder and more offputting than the content

Lol shut up.

My point was very easy to understand and I'm not interested in arguing it, you're just annoying.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Unfortunately I've decided I'm dropping that conversation.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Random middle of the night thought: Is there an Isekai High School - Reincarnated as a regular boy kind of manga anywhere?

I need something dumb dumb dumb.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

verbal enema posted:

the Soul Eater OP owns

:hai:

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
does anyone know where i could find an absolutely dogshit ugly VHS fansub clip of DYRL or something? a baby weeb asked me how bad stuff was back in the day and i deleted all my Slayers Next .rm episodes

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

i could probably put my hands on a cd of realmedia files

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

i'm not exactly sure how i'm going to get files off of a cd, though

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Just watch a youtube video and set it on the lowest resolution.

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

TenementFunster posted:

does anyone know where i could find an absolutely dogshit ugly VHS fansub clip of DYRL or something? a baby weeb asked me how bad stuff was back in the day and i deleted all my Slayers Next .rm episodes

Just watch Megalobox I guess.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

homeless snail posted:

i could probably put my hands on a cd of realmedia files
oh god please

Clarste posted:

Just watch a youtube video and set it on the lowest resolution.
youtube doesn’t get tracking errors, or have 12 episodes of Love Hina one tape at SLP speed from a fifth-generation copy

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

FilthyImp posted:

Random middle of the night thought: Is there an Isekai High School - Reincarnated as a regular boy kind of manga anywhere?

I need something dumb dumb dumb.

Spirit Circle kinda fits. Read Spirit Circle

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Hey, spirit circle isn't dumb!

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

i'll keep an eye out for it, i definitely saw it this year but i'm suddenly remembering it was in a piece of furniture i was getting rid of so i'm not sure where i put the disc

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

homeless snail posted:

i'll keep an eye out for it, i definitely saw it this year but i'm suddenly remembering it was in a piece of furniture i was getting rid of so i'm not sure where i put the disc
:pray:

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

Hey, spirit circle isn't dumb!

It sure isn't! People should read it!

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Can an expert tell me why Aloe is getting cancelled? The western fans are all saying it is because someone found out she had/has a boyfriend and toxic idol fan culture took its course. The Japanese fans are all saying it is because she did a test stream she did not delete, which is a contract breach (who the gently caress cares), and because after cyberstalking her everywhere they found out she said Chitose at Nijisanji was fired/quit because someone doxxed her. Honestly seems like western fans are right and the people making a fuss are just trying to come up with post-hoc reasons to hate on her. gently caress the police.

Captain Cappy fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Aug 17, 2020

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
Some internet bullshit we'll never know the truth of and hopefully wont matter in two weeks.

https://twitter.com/carrotxwolf/status/1294484797704646657?s=20

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Captain Cappy posted:

Can an expert tell me why Aloe is getting cancelled? The western fans are all saying it is because someone found out she had/has a boyfriend and toxic idol fan culture took its course. The Japanese fans are all saying it is because she did a test stream she did not delete, which is a contract breach (who the gently caress cares), and because after cyberstalking her everywhere they found out she said Chitose at Nijisanji was fired/quit because someone doxxed her. Honestly seems like western fans are right and the people making a fuss are just trying to come up with post-hoc reasons to hate on her. gently caress the police.
theres a weird subsect of japanese 2ch users who are obsessed with righteously pwning vtubers for whatever reason

also they found her home telephone so pwnage

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Idol culture in general can be really loving gross

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

That's really sad, virtual tubers are wonderful and that dragon one aloe looked promising. :( (She was a succubus in training, aaaah! The wasted potential.)