Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Cardiovorax posted:

Siralim 3 is fully complete and also very good. It's also quite a bit cheaper at only 15$.

I already have it and I sorta bounced off it a few times, but I did get decently far in 1 and 2. Then again, I didn't give it much time on the PC and had less time on my phone.

I am sorta looking for a turn-based game to poke away at during work. I'll consider it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

Morter posted:

I already have it and I sorta bounced off it a few times, but I did get decently far in 1 and 2. Then again, I didn't give it much time on the PC and had less time on my phone.

I am sorta looking for a turn-based game to poke away at during work. I'll consider it.

Ultimate has gotten away with a lot of the bloat and RNG (there's still lots of it, don't worry). Mainly breeding is gone, replaced by (very precise) fusion. Artifacts and spellgems are never found, but rather materials for them so you can (very precisely) craft them to your liking, with a nether slot for the RNG stones called nether stones. It feels very good to play.

Tentative roadmap is something like sept/oct for beta, then early access until release early 2021. Everything prior to release is on Steam only, but you can choose a different platform for the actual key. Currently the game has 15 class specs and 21 gods, it will eventually be 30 and 30

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

3 is good but Ultimate feels so so much better. $32 is pretty steep but there seems to be plenty of content so far. I've probably put in about 15 hours spread across 5 different Specializations so far and am having fun each time I re-roll.

I definitely wouldn't blame someone for not wanting to spend that much on the game and go with #3 instead, but if you're not overly concerned with spending the extra $15 I think SU is well worth it, if you don't want to wait for the official launch. I assume the Beta won't be any cheaper?

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

I never made a kickstarter account, so I think this might be the first for it. Thanks for the recommendations folks~

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

Morter posted:

I never made a kickstarter account, so I think this might be the first for it. Thanks for the recommendations folks~

The Kickstarter is already funded, but you can purchase it in the backer shop from the main website. It also lists all the tiers in more detail.

I just checked again and roadmap is currently set to: Alpha now, Beta in Aug/Sept, Steam Early Access in Sept/Oct, Steam Release in Early 202, Console/Mobile has no schedule yet.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Dackel posted:

The Kickstarter is already funded, but you can purchase it in the backer shop from the main website. It also lists all the tiers in more detail.

I just checked again and roadmap is currently set to: Alpha now, Beta in Aug/Sept, Steam Early Access in Sept/Oct, Steam Release in Early 202, Console/Mobile has no schedule yet.

Oh poo poo, thanks! I don't know why I didn't think to look on the main site. Cheers! :respek:

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Okay so time to recommend a game for y'all because oh my god

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yMy7JuGpJM

I got to see this IN CONTEXT and it was glorious

Red Alert 3 played co-op is a LOT of fun because it handles the co-op insanely well??? I wish more RTSes did this, it's great. There are regular base-building missions where we share the currency and build our own stuff while being able to help each other out ("hey these helicopters are blowing me up can you send your apollos") and then there are fantastic puzzle missions where you get like, I get 3 bears and my partner gets 3 troopers and together we sneak into this base. Or this AMAZING special mission where I got to play as the Allied Tanya hero unit and he played as the USSR Natasha hero unit and they bickered as we navigated them through the mission and it was amazing. And then the writing and everything about this game is just pure gold, it is silly and owns it and I love this game so much

SPACE

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
I’m glad you’re enjoying RA3, Strix!

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

God, I love RA3. I love Tim Curry. I love everything about that game.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Saoshyant posted:

God, I love RA3. I love Tim Curry. I love everything about that game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fxXmVybL8Y

The only actually good thing about the IT tv miniseries is Tim Curry.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

The only good thing about all of IT in general is Tim Curry

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

I've never had a chance to play RA3 coop :/ I got it for two people and they both lost interest before we even started playing.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Tim Curry always knew the kind of movie he was in.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
I've been gay for command and conquer for Eons, C&C DOS was my first ever pc game purchase.

I don't know why but I just can't get into Red Alert 3. I don't know, I don't like the dynamic score, it feels like a downgrade from C&C 3 somehow, I thought having Ric Flair as an AI Co-op partner could win me over.

Maybe I'll give it another chance, but playing 3 makes me want to play 1 & 2 heavily modded instead.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Sininu posted:

I've never had a chance to play RA3 coop :/ I got it for two people and they both lost interest before we even started playing.

Buddy, I'll play a couple of missions with you if you want. Wouldn't mind replaying a bit of that game. Maybe Allies, since I mostly played Soviets.

Assuming it still works, actually. I think it used GameSpy and that got shut down a while back... oh man...

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

I've got a really dumb question about Siralim 3: the whole series was under my radar, and hyper-complex crafting/chocobo breeding games are very much my jam, but youtube gameplay looks kinda RPG Maker/jank-y. Is the gamefeel actually decent once you get into the swing of things, or is it "Yeah it's kinda awkward and weird, but the gameplay's deep as hell"?

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

Saoshyant posted:

Buddy, I'll play a couple of missions with you if you want. Wouldn't mind replaying a bit of that game. Maybe Allies, since I mostly played Soviets.

Assuming it still works, actually. I think it used GameSpy and that got shut down a while back... oh man...

You'll want to download and setup C&C Online to get past the dead GameSpy servers.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Floodkiller posted:

You'll want to download and setup C&C Online to get past the dead GameSpy servers.

Will second this, this is what we've been using and it works great, even hooks into steam so I can use the steam overlay for screenshots while playing.

1: para-bears!
2: good boys :kimchi:
3: a monkey statue

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Saoshyant posted:

Oh wow... I'd love to! Too bad I just went to bed so it would have to be tomorrow earliest.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I pulled the trigger on Popup dungeon and it's...Alright? The UI is kind of finnicky and animations and such are a bit too slow for me but it's not bad. Hoping it catches on and gets alot of life in workshop content.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

quote:

Hitman 3 will feature no multiplayer modes, return to single player. (Campaign, Elusive Targets, Escalation, Contract Mode, Sniper Assassin)
Multiplayer modes of Hitman 2 shut down August 31st, the same day the next livestream happens. #livestream-questions @everyone
https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-3-game-modes/

thank god, ghost mode sucked

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010

StrixNebulosa posted:

Fascinated by how this month's Humble choice has TWO Factorio-likes, neither of which are more interesting to play than Factorio. Props for trying I guess?

pretty reductive view imo. factorio is a logistics game that's pretty open ended, automachef is a spatial puzzle game more like a zachtronics.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Impermanent posted:

pretty reductive view imo. factorio is a logistics game that's pretty open ended, automachef is a spatial puzzle game more like a zachtronics.

I suck at both Factorio and Zachtronics games so I'm definitely not an expert, thank you for the information.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Omi no Kami posted:

I've got a really dumb question about Siralim 3: the whole series was under my radar, and hyper-complex crafting/chocobo breeding games are very much my jam, but youtube gameplay looks kinda RPG Maker/jank-y. Is the gamefeel actually decent once you get into the swing of things, or is it "Yeah it's kinda awkward and weird, but the gameplay's deep as hell"?

It is the latter. I'd wait several months until you can play Siralim Ultimate, honestly; I never liked a few things I heard about 3, and Ultimate looks to have fixed all of 'em, plus it's More Game in a series that already had ridiculous amounts of game.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Fargin Icehole posted:

I've been gay for command and conquer for Eons, C&C DOS was my first ever pc game purchase.

I don't know why but I just can't get into Red Alert 3. I don't know, I don't like the dynamic score, it feels like a downgrade from C&C 3 somehow, I thought having Ric Flair as an AI Co-op partner could win me over.

Maybe I'll give it another chance, but playing 3 makes me want to play 1 & 2 heavily modded instead.

Nah, I'm with you. RA3 ain't bad but it's also probably my least favourite game in the series and its relatively anemic mod scene means I've rarely gone back to it. I just don't much like its economy or the way every unit is overly-fiddly to use in a way that turns it into a more micro heavy game than other C&Cs.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Floodkiller posted:

Thank god. And you as well, thanks.

Sininu posted:

Oh wow... I'd love to! Too bad I just went to bed so it would have to be tomorrow earliest.

We seem to be on different timezones, so maybe during the weekend would be best. Oh, and add me, I don't think I have you.

perc2
May 16, 2020

Omi no Kami posted:

Might be worth waiting for this: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1289810/Siralim_Ultimate/

I played the first one but binned it because it was just too weird and idiosyncratic but the concept has still always intrigued me, I'm hoping this version is refined enough from previous releases to be a pretty wortwhile game...

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

COCKHEAD reveals the story of a penis, a penis who made it. Experience a stunning adventure with our protagonist, enjoy fully hand-drawn graphics, original story and Big Band style jazz music.

Orv
May 4, 2011

StrixNebulosa posted:

thank god, ghost mode sucked

As the resident (there are probably others) asymmetric competitive multiplayer mode fiend - where's my new Splinter Cell with Spies vs Mercs you shitfuckers - I thought Ghost was super interesting but probably a little too solvable.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Awesome! posted:

COCKHEAD reveals the story of a penis, a penis who made it...original story and Big Band style jizz music.

Fixed that for you

Fargin Icehole fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Aug 17, 2020

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Orv posted:

As the resident (there are probably others) asymmetric competitive multiplayer mode fiend - where's my new Splinter Cell with Spies vs Mercs you shitfuckers - I thought Ghost was super interesting but probably a little too solvable.

I don't see how SC's gameplay would work in an open world setting without being massively watered down like the last couple of Ghost Recon games.

I also don't think I want a new SC from modern Ubisoft, even though I loved Spies vs Mercs.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
I agree on Splinter Cell. If they made a new one it'd feel like a regression from Blacklist and Conviction.

A reminder that Blacklist came out 7 years ago

Fargin Icehole fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Aug 17, 2020

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I

Fargin Icehole posted:

Fixed that for you

Oh, it’s a star wars game?

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

perc2 posted:

Might be worth waiting for this: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1289810/Siralim_Ultimate/

I played the first one but binned it because it was just too weird and idiosyncratic but the concept has still always intrigued me, I'm hoping this version is refined enough from previous releases to be a pretty wortwhile game...

Alrighty cool, thanks guys- I'll definitely wait for ultimate :)

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

perc2 posted:

I mean Ultimate still boils down to the same, "Turn on Turbo mode and hold down the Confirm button" it's just that the new Creature Fusing system is way more interesting, character Specializations are much more "flavourful" and they removed boring "+Attack%" Perks and overhauled how casting spells works.

But it's still the same core Assign Macros / Set Default Actions and blow up the screen, just now with a better and more colorful UI

I wouldn't call it an "RPG Maker game" because the amount of triggers firing all the time from all sorts of actions is quite impressive, but if you're expecting some super reactionary combat you're probably going to be disappointed?

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
just lmao if you aren't salivating at the thought of assigning macros and setting default actions

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
So Quake 3 Arena is free on the Bethesda.net launcher. What are the odds we'll see a bit of a resurgence?

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Anonymous Robot posted:

Oh, it’s a star wars game?

thanks for reminding me that Jizz Wailing is a thing.

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001
Remnant question: I just got through the first boss (it was Gorefist and it took me a while but I got him by just being really patient and only shooting at him when I was sure there were no poison bubble dudes left). After jumping over a railing in the next area I apparently unlocked a new trait which gives me... +1% speed jumping over railings? You want me to spend a trait point on that?

My question is: at some point am I going to have useful traits to spend these points on? I dropped a couple into health and stamina but I'm saving the rest in hopes that there will be something useful. But this +1% rail jumping sure discourages me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

OzFactor posted:

Remnant question: I just got through the first boss (it was Gorefist and it took me a while but I got him by just being really patient and only shooting at him when I was sure there were no poison bubble dudes left). After jumping over a railing in the next area I apparently unlocked a new trait which gives me... +1% speed jumping over railings? You want me to spend a trait point on that?

My question is: at some point am I going to have useful traits to spend these points on? I dropped a couple into health and stamina but I'm saving the rest in hopes that there will be something useful. But this +1% rail jumping sure discourages me.

Also came in here with some Remnant questions.

I was plying coop last night with some buddies and we cleared the first area up to a fight in a church. But then when I loaded my character today It put me in at the start of that area with none of the checkpoints available to travel to. Do I have to do that again? My friends backed out to the checkpoint just before the boss to quit. I saw there was a glowing door just ahead of us, but it felt like a fine place stopping point. Did we gently caress up?