Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Spacebump posted:

Skyward Sword is much better than Twilight Princess if you learn the controls.

Neither is very good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Twilight princess has a cool wolf and a cool horse combat thing in it which puts it above skyward sword

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Al-Saqr posted:

Literally no one is excited for SkyWard Sword, it’s the one Zelda that doesn’t generate excitement

I would be. I've never played it and would really like to. I put it over Twilight Princess in game I want to get/play and under Wind Waker.

Al-Saqr posted:

Hell yes I’d absolutely love for Zelda four swords and triforce heroes to be ported

That said, Four Swords or Triforce Heroes, primarily the latter, would be great with a present online community. It's a super fun game.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Twilight Princess is pretty good except a few things

Skyward Sword is pretty bad, except a few things which are godawful

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010

I'd play Twilight Princess again. Skyward Sword too, but only if they added some qol stuff to Fi dialogue/item pickup etc.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

RBA Starblade posted:

Twilight Princess is pretty good except a few things

Skyward Sword is pretty bad, except a few things which are godawful

This but exactly the opposite.

Skyward Sword rules, Twilight Princess is a joyless slog

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
A lot of parts of Skyward Sword are very good in fact and very obviously proto-BotW

Bomb Bowling
Beetle Flying
Big Birb Buddy
GROOSE
Beedle
Rope crossings
uhhh.. pumpkins?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Loose the Groose Nintendo

Give the people what they want

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
If there's a mode to shut Fi up entirely I'd probably play it again.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

:hmmyes:

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Twilight Princess has an extremely weird western gunslinger showdown I think? idk i haven't played it for 10 years

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Al-Saqr posted:

Twilight princess has a cool wolf and a cool horse combat thing in it which puts it above skyward sword

it's been a lot of years but I remember the horse combat being godawful and taking a million tries.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

100YrsofAttitude posted:

That said, Four Swords or Triforce Heroes, primarily the latter, would be great with a present online community. It's a super fun game.

Triforce Heroes would be so fun to play again on the Switch.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

the horse combat was fun and easy and they should’ve done more with it

e: actually I just remembered that they modified the horse controls in TPHD for some insane reason and made it a lot worse

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018

Oh boy! I wonder how many leakers and Nintendo employees are going to get death threats on them and their families for not releasing trailers for the new Mario games despite the fact they're very explicitly not going to be doing that this time!

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Twilight Princess was a huge let-down, but it's possible I tried to play it too quickly.

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

Oh boy! I wonder how many leakers and Nintendo employees are going to get death threats on them and their families for not releasing trailers for the new Mario games despite the fact they're very explicitly not going to be doing that this time!

It's very sad that in a lot of the directs they go out of their to explicitly say that "This and only this" is being presented today. They do that in the Smash trailers a lot so people don't freak out about reveals and it's kinda pathetic how immature the audience is.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

100YrsofAttitude posted:

It's very sad that in a lot of the directs they go out of their to explicitly say that "This and only this" is being presented today. They do that in the Smash trailers a lot so people don't freak out about reveals and it's kinda pathetic how immature the audience is.

:qq: BUH HOW DARE NINTENDO NOT GIVE ME WHAT I WANT RIGHT NOOOWWWWW :qq:

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

It'd be one thing if they were actually children acting that entitled, but something tells me it's pretty much people over 18.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

I just got a standard Switch, is there a consolidated post covering what I should/shouldn't do? Should I install games or run then off the card, sleep mode versus turning the system off, wired vs wireless controllers, ect.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Nintendo employees and leakers are getting death threats? That sounds incredibly serious.

Where can I learn more about this?

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Twilight Princess was a huge let-down, but it's possible I tried to play it too quickly.

The Smash Brothers Community is honestly the absolute worst. Do you not remember the stinky day incident? Or the Grinch leak meltdown / Civil War? Or like 4 months ago where a whole bunch of Smash players were revealed to be literal predators?

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time
Imagine being over the age of 18 and being mad at Indie World or something when they don't announce a new mainline Zelda or the next Smash character.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Father Wendigo posted:

I just got a standard Switch, is there a consolidated post covering what I should/shouldn't do? Should I install games or run then off the card, sleep mode versus turning the system off, wired vs wireless controllers, ect.

get a decent read/write speed card for installing games to SD. internal memory is fine.
sleep mode is fine. it's basically a tablet.
whatever controller works for you. joycons are fine; might drift eventually, though. pro controller is fine. questionable dpad; doesn't bother some people. PowerA and 8bitdo make good controllers too. just check general reviews, really!
enjoy your mario machine!

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

Or like 4 months ago where a whole bunch of Smash players were revealed to be literal predators?

This applies everywhere

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

Nintendo fans are the worst of the three consoles. PS4 people are chill, Xbox people are broken and despondent by a generation of poo poo. Nintendo fans are lunatics.

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018

KingSlime posted:

Nintendo employees and leakers are getting death threats? That sounds incredibly serious.

Where can I learn more about this?

There was some serious ooga booga bullshit on twitter and the leaker who leaked the Partner Showcase stated he wouldn't be leaking ever again because apparently it was very appropriate to harass and threaten him for leaking only the date and not "warning" them that the "partner showcase" wouldn't be showing 40 hours of BotW2 footage among other things. I saw a handful of tweets justifying it because "that's just how the internet works" and "if you didnt want the spotlight...", etc, along with more conspiratorial claims that in fact, it would have been a real direct if the leaker hadn't leaked, leading Nintendo to change it to a partner showcase out of spite. There's also many other weird conspiracies/accusations like "Nintendo is using the Coronavirus as an excuse because reasons!" etc etc.

As for Smash fans being physically disgusting balls of ball sweat and asscrack: https://compete.kotaku.com/smash-players-plead-with-each-other-to-please-for-the-1826150759

And for smash fans going insane, threatening journalists, each other, moderates on the side, accusing people of being part of a vast web of conspiracies of damage control for Nintendo (over what was a completely fake leak): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4jJBQSrIK8

Smash fans are bad enough they got me to stop collecting amiibos because the last time I went there to snatch up some rare ones in 2015 two of the guys there were just openly and loudly using homophobic and racist slurs in casual conversation while all the other people exchanged uneasy glances. That was also the year that I started treating Nintendo games as a hidden shame and ordering only from amazon because fuuuuuuuuuuck that.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Father Wendigo posted:

Get a screen protector. The AmFilm one the OP recommended is the standard recommendation, but any would probably do.

Otherwise, not really much else. Sleep mode is fine, though if you're playing the same game for a few days you may want to exit out and restart it since a few games can get wonky if they stay up for too long. You may want a decent-sized SD card depending on how much digital games you plan to buy, so make sure to not buy counterfeits for those.

Deku Deals is your best friend for game deals, physical and especially digital.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

death threats and predators are universal and its loving weird everyone on this forum wants their fave hobby to be the worst

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Super No Vacancy posted:

death threats and predators are universal and its loving weird everyone on this forum wants their fave hobby to be the worst

This. All fandoms have some cool people and some really broken fuckheads.

All we can do is try to be a thread of cool, mostly level-headed people who aren't creeps or entitled angry dipshits who also happen to like talking about games and other topics on the Nintendo Switch, good and bad.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Super No Vacancy posted:

Gamers in general are scum :shrug:

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

POCKET CHOMP posted:

I never played Spelunker but its music was one of the songs I played the heck out of when I was first getting into Taiko no Tatsujin on iOS, so basically what I'm saying here is I hope Spelunker is announced as a DLC song for Taiko Switch or something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=So02NIq02r0

I love how every Spelunker medley has the death music in the first ten seconds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAAcPpNfZiA

While I never got very far in the original game as a kid, I liked the music. I knew about the Playstation remakes but I didn't know that Spelunker Party is out on the Switch, so I think I'm gonna pick that up because it looks great.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Gamers People in general are scum :shrug:

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Weegee's Mansion 3 is $41.99. This'll probably be about as low as it's ever gonna get, eh

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Tempura Wizard posted:

Imagine being over the age of 18 and being mad at Indie World or something when they don't announce a new mainline Zelda or the next Smash character.

I can barely Imagine being over the age of 8 and being mad about it

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Luigi's Mansion 3 is at an all-time low digitally on the eShop for $41.99

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I'm getting word that Luigi's Mansion 3 is currently on sale on the eShop for $41.99

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Its on sale for $54.30 CAD on Amazon.ca as well!

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

enojy posted:

Weegee's Mansion 3 is $41.99. This'll probably be about as low as it's ever gonna get, eh

i misread this as waluigi's mansion and i was like holy poo poo!!

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

enojy posted:

It says that it’s $60 in the US, what is the sale over in 10 minutes or is this only in certain regions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Steve Yun posted:

It says that it’s $60 in the US, what is the sale over in 10 minutes or is this only in certain regions?

When I clicked it digital was on sale physical was not and now I don't see digital at all as an option