Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

i was reading the rgd chapo thread and people were making GBS threads on greenwald for his 100% correct take on the alex morse smear campaign and it reminded me why i stopped reading the rgd thread so i closed that poo poo and saved time and energy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Stop reading this thread too tia

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

i would agree but I know its not possible. imagine if they tried to force it. the most cringe poo poo imaginable

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

https://twitter.com/QueenInYeIIow/status/1295470350822789127

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

T-man posted:

Stop reading this thread too tia

t man ate too many peppers for lunch

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
So if you guys wanna die of terminal succ poisoning, Dave Anthony and Josh Olson had on a Khive psycho without realizing it. I transcribed the opening convo for you all to cringe at

quote:

*Dave and Josh trash Harris for three minutes and introduce her saying jokingly they hope she wasn't a fan*
KHive: I think some of our politics are a little different. I think how we see things are a little different. I think that I can be friends with people who have different opinions of the candidates as long we all vote for Biden. Um, I have my own poli- my own view of kamala harris thats much more favorable, but I don't deny anybody their view of how she thinks. I do think, and I will say, and this is more my hope, I believe that she has observed what happened to Barrack Obamas team in the first two years of his presidency and I believe that shes not gonna make the same mistake as trying to be nice. And I think in her position she won't. So I think some of the criticism of her, it might come to pass, but I do not think that it will show up in a Biden/Harris administration, at least in terms of the "lets make nice". I think shes gonna be of the "lets not make nice" people. but thats just-

Anthony: I don't think shes gonna make nice with the republicans at all, I think shes gonna be really nasty to them, but I think shes gonna be worse to us

KHive(who is white, and very serious and hostile): Whos the us? Is the us white men? Is the us white democrats?

Anthony: Anybody who is to the left, anybody, man, woman, whatever color.

KHive: I'll tell you one thing I know about her: She protects women of color better than anybody else. Maybe not in her records *anthonylaughs* but I think now. NOW. I'm not here to defend her. I'm not here to defend her record. I'm not here to defend her. I'm saying I believe from what I've seen of her the past years and speaking to people who know her. And I should disclose I worked on a board with Maya Harris. I have faith in Kamala Harris, for her being President Harris someday. But you guys don't have to have that faith. And you know what, It won't happen if we don't get Biden elected first.

Anthony: I don't think there's gonna be a president *nervous laugh*.

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

that’s cool but we talked about Videodrome and eXistenZ and how they relate to online and The Discourse with a little running thread of how Matt’s Grillpill talk (itself an embryonic and underdeveloped version of the SubGenius concept of Slack) has been taken through the wringer by idiots both for and against.

https://soundcloud.com/hvulgaris/7877-videodrome-and-existenz

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Percelus posted:

i was reading the rgd chapo thread and people were making GBS threads on greenwald for his 100% correct take on the alex morse smear campaign and it reminded me why i stopped reading the rgd thread so i closed that poo poo and saved time and energy

One of the Antifada hosts went up against him on this

And lost

Lmao

I've never listened to that podcast and never will

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

Get ready!
All this TrueAnon talk has got me interested, which past episodes are worth checking out before diving into the latest few?

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Percelus posted:

i don't think there were more than like two or three posts about it at all, mostly someone out of the loop asking what they were referencing with the age of consent stuff on chapo a few episodes back

they spent infinitely more time arguing over whether chronic lyme disease was the same thing as real lyme disease

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Alris posted:

All this TrueAnon talk has got me interested, which past episodes are worth checking out before diving into the latest few?
You can really start at.. any of them. There are some ones that you do want to start together like Shadow Network episodes. But all eps are like half current affairs and banter and other half epstein or other scrotus or whatever random historical topic.

I do find it kind of hard to go back to old episodes of shows like that just because the current affairs stuff alway send up feeling so antiquated and dated, like even Chapo I generally find if I get a month behind (which i do semi-often) that i often just start skipping because lmao that was like 032402 gazillion years ago haha remember scott pruit and ajit pai??

If you just need an answer, idk, maybe start from an episode dated 2 months ago like June 1st and work forward and then jump around backwards. I can't really point out any that stand head and toes above others, but all are good.

Xaris has issued a correction as of 02:55 on Aug 18, 2020

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Robotnik Nudes posted:

that’s cool but we talked about Videodrome and eXistenZ and how they relate to online and The Discourse with a little running thread of how Matt’s Grillpill talk (itself an embryonic and underdeveloped version of the SubGenius concept of Slack) has been taken through the wringer by idiots both for and against.

https://soundcloud.com/hvulgaris/7877-videodrome-and-existenz

i will subscribe to your podcast, and to the podcast of anyone else who posts in this thread, to my shame

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Alris posted:

yeah, you can really start whenever, they are pretty hardened podcasters but some of the Chapo guest episodes are good to get grounded if you come from there. some of the summary episodes are good and episode XIX has brace talk about the middle east from the perspective of someone who was there fighting isis.

actually, start from the beginning since ep 1, has matt and go through till epstein dies in eps 4-5.

29-30 is about Ghislaine's background, which is will continue to be relevant as her court case proceeds.

38 is about DNC psyops and media

there's one with yasha levine of radio war nerd

i think their COVID episodes have some good insights, but i really am sick of hearing about it

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

hey robotnik nudes, your podcast is good, hey everyone, listen to homo vulgaris

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Alris posted:

For a fun intro to the pod, here's a few episodes strung together logically pertaining to 9/11 and the Bush family. I think one was free then two premium. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_NHUShkl_E

There's SO loving MUCH that people do not know about the two Bushes and the inner workings of the real conspiracy that is operating behind the scenes that is out in the open, just waiting for people to put the pieces together for themselves. It doesn't take but a little work to assemble.

Oh, and here's their show that aired prior to the primaries about the DNC and 2016 primary. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OD4P9v142pM

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

Doc Hawkins posted:

hey robotnik nudes, your podcast is good, hey everyone, listen to homo vulgaris

thank you so much. I agree.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Zedhe Khoja posted:

So if you guys wanna die of terminal succ poisoning, Dave Anthony and Josh Olson had on a Khive psycho without realizing it. I transcribed the opening convo for you all to cringe at

lol

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
new chapo is very low energy

:sad:

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

Zedhe Khoja posted:

gonna listen to this lmao

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
the Permanent uncle episodes of True Anon are incredible.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Lol that behind the Bastards is going over lukashenko this week.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

gh0stpinballa posted:

gonna listen to this lmao

how was it

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Danger posted:

the Permanent uncle episodes of True Anon are incredible.

I liked the free ep of this trilogy so much I subbed just to finish it. Now I get to go through the whole back catalog.

These two just put me in a good mood even if the subject matter never does.

Mr Shiny Pants
Nov 12, 2012
I just found out about What a hell of a way to die. It's cool, I like Nate.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 45 minutes!

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

👁

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

orders received

*army salutes and clicks heels *

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Zedhe Khoja posted:

God she sucked so bad.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-TKo5zRpT8
Finally, someone is going to fix the dang markets

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

https://twitter.com/cushbomb/status/1295831545597632512

https://twitter.com/ByYourLogic/status/1295831813739417600

Unless this is a bit or an attempt to go "Dirtbag Left? What Dirtbag Left lol" , I honestly see this as them trying to get way, way less political as time goes. Either that or they forgot like their whole podcast career somehow.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

what do you mean?

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Kunster posted:

Unless this is a bit or an attempt to go "Dirtbag Left? What Dirtbag Left lol" , I honestly see this as them trying to get way, way less political as time goes. Either that or they forgot like their whole podcast career somehow.

whatre you talking about

Eegah!
Jul 26, 2010

Kunster posted:

They’ve been explicit since the beginning that media consumption is not activism. That watching shows like this is political masturbation in which it gives you the sensation that you did something good without actually doing it.

Eegah! has issued a correction as of 23:03 on Aug 18, 2020

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

I'm fully aware of that. It's just kind of enervating to see that after years of nearly everyone who ever showcased either displeasure or dismissal of Chapo getting screamed at by their fans on how they've done been far more of an effective political force than whatever they're screaming at. Weeks and weeks of "X said they're a leftist but they don't care for Chapo, let's scream at them on how little they make on patreon or whatever"

Kunster has issued a correction as of 23:13 on Aug 18, 2020

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
You can simply ignore Chapo listeners, it really isn't that popular a podcast and it has no influence on anything. It's a hot-takes podcast for people that want to feel above it all, it appeals to the same mindset conspiracy theories appeal to.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

Eegah! posted:

They’ve been explicit since the beginning that media consumption is not activism. That watching shows like this is political masturbation in which it gives you the sensation that you did something good without actually doing it.

Their primaries coverage broke with that principle. Now Matt does weekly streams encouraging people to "log off". I think it's fair to say their relationship to media consumption is "complicated".

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

Eegah! posted:

They’ve been explicit since the beginning that media consumption is not activism. That watching shows like this is political masturbation

And buddy, you know I love to crank it

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

thotsky posted:

Their primaries coverage broke with that principle. Now Matt does weekly streams encouraging people to "log off". I think it's fair to say their relationship to media consumption is "complicated".

Yes, Matt stringing together some barely coherent thoughts in his Twitch streams sure is "complicated"

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟

Fame Douglas posted:

Yes, Matt stringing together some barely coherent thoughts in his Twitch streams sure is "complicated"

What's the link to your patreon tho

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

It's political masturbation, yes, but saying that feels less earnest with a legion of people who will scream at anyone who might deride or point anything about your show, ever, that was built for years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

fame douglas, you clearly loathe c-spam, why do you keep posting here

how did you ever come to post in the no-joe thread