Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity
This dude theorycrafted every ability on every frame and gave it a grade. There's a spreadsheet with rankings if you're interested in that:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q66qll40adQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

I may be wrong, but I think Tailwind no longer works for unveiling aimglide rivens for some reason. Which is a pain.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Oh hey the Quellor follows that really dumb pattern DE likes recently where the primary fire has really low crit and high status while the alt fire has bad status and high crit, so it's impossible to make a good build that can actually use both fire modes and instead you have to choose to focus on one or the other.
Quellor, Corinth (Prime), Basmu... why do they keep making multi-fire-mode weapons where you're forced to pick and choose just one of the fire modes.

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Aug 17, 2020

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
Unfortunately they don't seem to have a Pablo for guns, only warframes.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Oof. When I get a MOA I like, I'm going to name it Dogmeat (Or maybe Birdmeat), because mine is pulling two tricks that Dogmeat always did to me in Fallout 4. One, photobombing my reticle. Two, falling over regularly and standing in the fire.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Dareon posted:

Oof. When I get a MOA I like, I'm going to name it Dogmeat (Or maybe Birdmeat), because mine is pulling two tricks that Dogmeat always did to me in Fallout 4. One, photobombing my reticle. Two, falling over regularly and standing in the fire.

protip, all moas are the same once you get all the precept mods

BMan fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Aug 17, 2020

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

BMan posted:

protip, all moas are the same once you get all the precept mods

Yeah, that's basically what I'll be doing. Level one, toss it back to Legs for rep, repeat. Pick the head I like best and the coolest-looking parts and build that last.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Guilty posted:

This dude theorycrafted every ability on every frame and gave it a grade. There's a spreadsheet with rankings if you're interested in that:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q66qll40adQ
Take with a bucket of salt, Brozime is mostly a complete idiot.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I may have just wiped out my fireteam in a sortie thanks to a radiation proc peacemaker. :lol:

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Oh hey the Quellor follows that really dumb pattern DE likes recently where the primary fire has really low crit and high status while the alt fire has bad status and high crit, so it's impossible to make a good build that can actually use both fire modes and instead you have to choose to focus on one or the other.

Hey, I used to think this but Quellor's actually one of my faves. My only complaint is the range limit on the alt fire.

There's a few things you want to know about it:
It didn't 'click' for me, rate of fire wise, until I put primed shred on it.
40% base crits is the magic # to guarantee permacrits with point strike.
Its the one good gun that Hammer Shot actally makes sense on. (Your alt fire wants crits, your primary wants status)
Rivens are cheap cuz nobody cares for it. There's some amazing offerings in the 200-400p range, and its got a godo dispo.
Innate cold means easy slot-saving tox, so you have a choice between slots or more damage.
Hits like a trick with primed cryo rounds.

Tldr, point strike and hammer shot. Corossive cold is great for corrupted. Tox and slash is viable too. Wildfire helps with the altfire ammo issues too but its a 3 slot committment.

Guns actually pretty flexible. (point strike, hammer shot, serration, split chamber, shred, toxin works and has 2 slots free. If you don't have primed shred I'd recommend more ROF

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Khablam posted:

Take with a bucket of salt, Brozime is mostly a complete idiot.

I'm pretty sure he still thinks that Mirage's 2 Augment is complete garbage when it's like one of the best ESO farm builds in the entire game second only to like Saryn. I mean sure it's way less useful outside of ESO but still a massively strong ESO farm is a pretty good perk for a frame in a game all about farming XP for various things.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I'm pretty sure he still thinks that Mirage's 2 Augment is complete garbage when it's like one of the best ESO farm builds in the entire game second only to like Saryn. I mean sure it's way less useful outside of ESO but still a massively strong ESO farm is a pretty good perk for a frame in a game all about farming XP for various things.

Speaking of which, I'm going to put Titania 1 and its augment on my ESO nuke Mirage, that will allow me to self-sustain energy.

Nuke Mirage is if anything too good for fissure defence missions, because everything dies before they can drop reactant.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Phobophilia posted:

Speaking of which, I'm going to put Titania 1 and its augment on my ESO nuke Mirage, that will allow me to self-sustain energy.

Nuke Mirage is if anything too good for fissure defence missions, because everything dies before they can drop reactant.

Titania 1 requires you to actually find enemies and cast it on them.
Protea's dispenser is just free orbs for doing nothing. Doesn't move along with you but if you're gonna stick around one area for a long time like in ESO it should be amazing.

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011
I belong here. I contain only inanimate objects. Nothing is amiss.

Babe Magnet posted:

the credits is whatever, it's the endo that'll get you

I hate grinding endo

I've been playing for two years and I still haven't hit the point where I need endo more than credits.

Mind, I don't actually like playing the game modes that pay well, so I don't run them more than I really need to. At least Index doesn't last too long, and when I feel like looking for a railjack crew those missions are still fun for me.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

I Am Just a Box posted:

I've been playing for two years and I still haven't hit the point where I need endo more than credits.

Mind, I don't actually like playing the game modes that pay well, so I don't run them more than I really need to. At least Index doesn't last too long, and when I feel like looking for a railjack crew those missions are still fun for me.

You've not hit it simply because you've been avoiding making the ways to make easy credits.

Quadboosted Index will get you enough for months in a couple of hours. Grinding endo meanwhile is a lot slower.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

my kingdom for an Endo Booster

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Titania 1 requires you to actually find enemies and cast it on them.
Protea's dispenser is just free orbs for doing nothing. Doesn't move along with you but if you're gonna stick around one area for a long time like in ESO it should be amazing.

Nuke Mirage runs negative duration, which is no good for Dispensary. But negative duration is good for Spellbound Harvest, because you can then harvest multiple times in the same period of time.

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011
I belong here. I contain only inanimate objects. Nothing is amiss.

"Avoided" you say

endlessmonotony posted:

Quadboosted Index

As if I knew quadboosting was a thing

Please inform, I checked the finances on my orbiter and I think I have to sell the news console and the codex

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
Using a credit booster during a double credits event - like right now - will get you quadruple credits from Index. Or octuple from Profit Taker with a competent team.

Credit farming isn't very difficult. It is very boring, however.

Endo farming manages to be way more boring AND also requires way more knowledge.

I'll do it if I get a sortie / login bonus booster this time around. Still have 5mil left.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse
Ukko is also an efficient farm, at 20k boosted credits and a guaranteed relic for something that's less than a minute and something you can easily do yourself. Respecting Ukko does require you to be blind drunk on vodka tho.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Babe Magnet posted:

my kingdom for an Endo Booster

The mod drop booster is that (but only relevant for the rathuum endo farm)

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
DE let me get simaris rep from the scan hammer you cowards :argh:

endlessmonotony posted:

Using a credit booster during a double credits event - like right now - will get you quadruple credits from Index. Or octuple from Profit Taker with a competent team.

Credit farming isn't very difficult. It is very boring, however.

Endo farming manages to be way more boring AND also requires way more knowledge.

I'll do it if I get a sortie / login bonus booster this time around. Still have 5mil left.

Index is extremely boring and mind-numbing. Profit taker is not my bag either but it gets you rep and rare arch-gun mods that are worth decent plat.
But turbo-farming Veiljack is pretty fun imo, and makes similar credits while ALSO giving you railjack loot, intrinsics, and a decent amount of warframe xp if you wanna forma stuff

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

is that one 'disruption node we introduced as an index alternative' actually affected by cred boosters yet?

and does this mean a 1 extractor heiracon is a 200k payout now? that's almost worthwhile

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

DE let me get simaris rep from the scan hammer you cowards :argh:

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Gian Point speedruns ought to net about 600k for 3-4 mins of effort with a beefy railjack (with this event+booster).

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
I don't care if it's no longer getting me rep, I am rescuing ALL these kavats.

I'm probably gonna at least try and tranq the ones I encounter on the derelict/Deimos too. Considering my lack of success trying to catch the kuakas that scatter from you in one of the starting Earth mission tiles, I think I'm going to be disappointed.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
i dont think those kuakas on earth forests are actual entities that can be tranq'd

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

There's plenty in the plains at least. Require ALL the floofs.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Gonna rip my hair out with Protea farming.

There's some issue where I can run the same mission 10 times and 4 of those times I cant find a golden hand that is activated.
Still get a coin out of it but essentially waste my time.

Got the helmet and chassis fairly quickly. Ran Jackel a few times and the new version is more interesting but takes way longer.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Trick to any farm like Protea's, is don't.
Wait until you need to do 3x[mission type] for nightwave and then choose the appropriate node. Doubly so if it's also a fissure.
Nightwave is 150 enemies killed with [annoying damage type] you wouldn't normally have? Might as well be 150 floating specters shot down in a barrage of regulators... etc.

On-task attention span is something like 15-20minutes, so if you're deliberately doing something you don't like for that long you'll strongly feel the mental fatigue.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Is there some secret mega build that makes that frisbee strong enough to do the tier 3 voids without investing a catalyst?

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Don't use the frisbee. Shoot things with Mesa or spin to win as Revenant.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

The Mirage/Xoris approach in the video here worked but going to use Revenant spin to win when I get back to Protea: https://overframe.gg/build/49658/xoris/solo-granum-void-nightmare-hotfix-2805/

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

If you want to use Rev's Spin-2-Win, be sure to also spin the camera a bit.

For some reason it makes them spawn faster. Without it I get 65 kills with 400 energy, with it I get 80.

No clue why it works.

Sesquiculus
Aug 15, 2002

Inzombiac posted:

There's some issue where I can run the same mission 10 times and 4 of those times I cant find a golden hand that is activated.
Still get a coin out of it but essentially waste my time.

I'm running into the same issue, it seems to be a bug. Some people on the official forum are saying it may be related to which tile you spawn on:
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1213480-granum-void-still-broken-in-2832/

Honestly I'm probably just going to wait until it's fixed. Having to jump in and then abort until I get the right starting tile is enough of a hassle that I don't want to bother with it.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
I just remembered the Twin Basolk augment that lets you teleport behind enemies while heavy attacking and thought "holy poo poo that will be super fun with the melee rework / heavy attack buff"
and then I checked and they have 5% crit so they can't actually do a heavy attack build :negative:

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

Inzombiac posted:

If you want to use Rev's Spin-2-Win, be sure to also spin the camera a bit.

For some reason it makes them spawn faster. Without it I get 65 kills with 400 energy, with it I get 80.

No clue why it works.
I read somewhere about how vomvalysts spawn just out of your FOV and I think specters do the same thing.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Alright, I won't be playing the game anymore, there's nothing left for me to accomplish.

Have fun y'all, see you in another grindfest.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

see you in 3 hours

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Babe Magnet posted:

see you in 3 hours

... with no endo left.