Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
Butter in the fridge is prevalent and dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

lmao the RNC is actually that cold open Matt did parodying the Gathering

https://twitter.com/freedlander/status/1295565892873592833?s=20

https://soundcloud.com/chapo-trap-house/episode-24-gulens-gonna-gulen-feat-dwdavison9318-7-18-16

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
If you do not have butter in a butter dish in your cupboard, you have never had good toast.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
we love our ice cold butter, don't we folks? We love to just destroy our bread trying to drag a rock solid pad of butter over it.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

peanut- posted:

It just seems like an extended Will film school monologue on a movie that's not bad or weird enough to be interesting, with Felix chipping in something funny every five minutes. I get why they'd pick this to talk about but it didn't really work out as very interesting.

in general i always feel like their film criticism episodes are the absolute worst. just the most amateurish surface level takes and cinemasins level pendantry. i guess some people really dig them but those are always a hard skip for me

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟
People who keep butter in the fridge grew up in margarine houses please be kind to them

yorkinshire
Apr 28, 2009

In space no one can hear your dope beats.
I am indifferent on the movie ones and now everyone knows my secret

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

People who keep butter in the fridge grew up in margarine houses please be kind to them

:hmmyes:

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Mandrel posted:

in general i always feel like their film criticism episodes are the absolute worst. just the most amateurish surface level takes and cinemasins level pendantry. i guess some people really dig them but those are always a hard skip for me

Huh? Movie ones are some of the better eps. The Glenn Beck one is an all timer.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I use margarine.

Is margarine more common in Canada?

EndOfTheWorld
Jul 22, 2004

I'm an excellent critic! I automatically know when someone's done a bad job. Before you ask, yes it's a mixed blessing.
Cybernetic Crumb
I used to be a butter in the fridge man, but then a good friend introduced me to a centrist alternative : Brummel and Brown. Yogurt butter. Stays spreadable in the fridge and tastes great. That's Brummel and Brown! Ask your green grocer for some today!

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Groovelord Neato posted:

Huh? Movie ones are some of the better eps. The Glenn Beck one is an all timer.
They're much better and more relevant when they talk about political films than when they talk about, say, Aquaman.

Also, I never want to hear them talk about Verhoeven again. He's great, they just gotta stop going back to that well.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

EndOfTheWorld posted:

I used to be a butter in the fridge man, but then a good friend introduced me to a centrist alternative : Brummel and Brown. Yogurt butter. Stays spreadable in the fridge and tastes great. That's Brummel and Brown! Ask your green grocer for some today!

I feel like you might be able to hook me up with a coupon.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

EndOfTheWorld posted:

Yogurt... butter? :confused:

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Halloween Jack posted:

They're much better and more relevant when they talk about political films than when they talk about, say, Aquaman.

Also, I never want to hear them talk about Verhoeven again. He's great, they just gotta stop going back to that well.

Oh yeah it's definitely the political movies/"documentaries" I'm talking about.

EndOfTheWorld
Jul 22, 2004

I'm an excellent critic! I automatically know when someone's done a bad job. Before you ask, yes it's a mixed blessing.
Cybernetic Crumb

prefect posted:

Yogurt... butter? :confused:

It's not bad! Find it in your grocery isle where other butter-like substances might be procured.

(This is now the butter/margarine* thread)

*or "Oleo" if you're old school :cool:

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

sexpig by night posted:

we love our ice cold butter, don't we folks? We love to just destroy our bread trying to drag a rock solid pad of butter over it.

Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!

Silenced for truth. :(

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

snoremac posted:

Butter in the fridge is prevalent and dumb.

you have to keep unsalted butter refrigerated because it spoils at room temp

but that's for cooking so it's a moot point

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
also cold butter makes better pastries

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

I use butter maybe 3 times a month so it stays in the fridge and I will not apologize.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I use spray butter :)

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Seriously what psycho leaves their butter out. Who uses anything other than unsalted butter.

Paladin
Nov 26, 2004
You lost today, kid. But that doesn't mean you have to like it.

Just get a butter bell. One of the cheap knockoff ones.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
losers keep their butter in the fridge. winners have one of these sitting on their counter top

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.

Yeah this is truth.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

The_Rob posted:

Seriously what psycho leaves their butter out. Who uses anything other than unsalted butter.

people who order takeout for every meal

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Puppy Galaxy posted:

I use butter maybe 3 times a month so it stays in the fridge and I will not apologize.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

The efforts of early megacorps trying to go head to head with crisco are pretty amazing actually

THS
Sep 15, 2017

my pie is so digestible that even a child probably wont die after eating it

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
The Dollop episode on MEat Pies is an all-time great.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

sexpig by night posted:

What is a few seconds in a microwave or a hot knife?

Eegah!
Jul 26, 2010

As great as ALAB is it'll never fill the Mic Dicta shaped hole in my heart

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Eegah! posted:

As great as ALAB is it'll never fill the Mic Dicta shaped hole in my heart

When I listened to the [Richard] Epstein episode and they played clips of Epstein talking it made me think of Felix asking if Tucker puts on Alan Dershowitz to make his audience more antisemitic.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Yes this. Butter was valuable. Also if you live where it’s warm, butter melts and molds. You keep that poo poo in the fridge. Country crock on the other hand can spread straight from the fridge.

...i still feel a little bougie to have a butter dish that I leave out. Doubly so if I do it with the fancy grass fed stuff.

Also

uber_stoat posted:

losers keep their butter in the fridge. winners have one of these sitting on their counter top

Doesn’t work where it’s warm. If the butter gets soft, it slips right and and plops into the water.

Proust Malone fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Aug 18, 2020

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Unsalted butter will go rancid at room temperature, but salted butter will keep because the salt preserves it. It’s also much tastier :yum:

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I keep butter in the fridge but just put it out by my toaster oven while the bread is toasting. Problem solved. If you live in the deep south your house is never cool enough to keep it on your counter unless you're Daddy Warbucks and can keep your A/C on literally 24/7.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

I keep my ac at 79/80 and leave my butter out

just never buy unsalted butter problem solved

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Some of y’all didn’t grow up on food stamps and it shows.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
butter discourse is a slippery slope

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THS
Sep 15, 2017

this is the least spicy derail in awhile, good job everyone