Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
There was also one with glinner a year or two ago where he said that women don’t cum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

christmas boots posted:

There was also one with glinner a year or two ago where he said that women don’t cum

Truly, an expert in anatomy and sexuality.

Is he still banned from Twitter? I'm actually kind of surprised how much the recent cullings of grifters have actually seemed to stick this time.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
yo wassup

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Thanks I loving hate it

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
All this racist bullshit is like finding sand in a desert at this point but Baby Yoda Parent Posting is a beautiful revolting corpse flower thriving in a fetid oasis

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
People publically treating dolls as if they were living creatures transcends boundaries of race and creed. Facebook is a buffet of social curses, you dont always have to eat from the racism trough

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Skwirl posted:

I know that, I was just surprised that they were acting incredulous at the concept of a court appointed attorney so I wondered if it was different in the UK.

You are supposed to be able to receive Legal aid to hire a lawyer for criminal defence. In recent years there have been savage cuts by the Tory scum under the guise of 'austerity'. Unless you're completely broke you'll be expected to contribute towards your defence. It's had terrible effect on securing adequate representation for the less well-off. It is low-profile but one of the worst things the Conservative government has done in the past decade.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Byzantine posted:

I choose instead to be pleasantly surprised by Dolly Parton.

I was reading a bit about her in the last couple of days and ever since I've been sharing random heartwarming Dollyfacts with the rest of the family. She genuinely seems to be a very decent person, and an enormously talented one.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I like the subgenre of celebrities (or whatever you call squid guy anyway) turning out to actually be the lovely characters they play.

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

Some things can't be unseen
Excellent, someone else has discovered Cursed Baby Yoda Moms. Here's the worst one I saw yesterday.

Teach
Mar 28, 2008

Pillbug

Just quoting this because it's the most amazing self-own, and deserves to be in the Library of Congress.

Or, at least, on every page.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Teach posted:

Just quoting this because it's the most amazing self-own, and deserves to be in the Library of Congress.

Or, at least, on every page.

I dunno if this or Benny Shaps and his dry doctor wife is funnier

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

grittyreboot posted:

Frankly I'm surprised he knows what an Eloi is

I assure you it's not because it's some cool reference that he came up with on his own. It was a major part of discourse in the blog world ~15 years ago for the left and right to call each other Morlocks, basically as a way to dismiss comments trolls. But at some point the right realized that hey it's better to be a Morlock than one of those effeminate, docile, domesticated Eloi god dangit

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

Softface posted:

Excellent, someone else has discovered Cursed Baby Yoda Moms. Here's the worst one I saw yesterday.

quote:

Ranging from cute and adorable to adult content
:stare:

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I really hope that baby Yoda thing turns out to be the Star Wars universe's next Hitler.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Sunswipe posted:

I really hope that baby Yoda thing turns out to be the Star Wars universe's next Hitler.

You think this would upset MAGA Yoda mom?

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

"Finally someone is doing something about all those sandpeople"

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

TheMostFrench posted:

Headline: "Working from home might change the way cities work, and how people live."
Most people: "Sounds good"
One guy, with no elaboration: "Agenda 21"

Click on his profile, first couple of posts in -
"BLM protesters are mindless zombies" *posts a gif from the move Machete*

Simplified plot snyopsis of the movie 'Machete':
An ex-army veteran nicknamed Machete is hired to assassinate a right wing senator, but is double crossed by the people who hired him as a way to gain votes against minority groups. The senator is funding the construction of an electrified border wall to keep out illegal immigrants.

Machete survives and gathers a force of people to stand against the corrupt government who used him as a pawn against his own people. The scene of Machete rallying the people to fight against the government is where the picture at the bottom comes from.

Bonus idiot points - the guy lists his job as an independent film maker and writer. He has no loving idea what the movie is about, but going a bit further down his feed it's clear that he loves Mexican films and actors.

man america really hosed up the common wealth worse then britian ever did. a large percentage of staunchly pro trump anti blm people i run into are canadian austrailian and british. That or the bots just think all english things = american and the bots are way more sophisticated then i thought.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

hyperhazard posted:

Ranging from cute and adorable to adult content

:stare:

Someone needs to post the GBS ‘Star Wars figure up a butthole’ picture to really test them on this.

And yeah I got added (but didn’t accept) to one of these groups and it was just way too much. Half the time, you could see the husbands in the photos just completely done with all this poo poo.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

EL BROMANCE posted:

Someone needs to post the GBS ‘Star Wars figure up a butthole’ picture to really test them on this.

And yeah I got added (but didn’t accept) to one of these groups and it was just way too much. Half the time, you could see the husbands in the photos just completely done with all this poo poo.

Needo the Greedo

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Byzantine posted:

I choose instead to be pleasantly surprised by Dolly Parton.

You shouldn't be. Dolly is, and always has been, extremely good.

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010
Just gonna leave this right here, in the vein of "Dolly Parton is pretty cool:"

https://www.wnycstudios.org/podcasts/dolly-partons-america/episodes

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
Didn't Dolly Parton start/own that dumb "friendly" civil war themed restaurant?

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Cernunnos posted:

https://slate.com/culture/2017/08/visiting-dolly-partons-dinner-show-dixie-stampede.html

Still does, tho she changed the name when she discovered "Dixie" offends.

Looks like its problematic as gently caress tho, need to read more on it.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Dollywood is a blight on some of the most beautiful countryside east of the Mississippi

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Cernunnos posted:

Apparently
https://slate.com/culture/2017/08/visiting-dolly-partons-dinner-show-dixie-stampede.html

Holy poo poo that really seems to be not a great idea.

Edit: Beaten

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

AFewBricksShy posted:

Apparently

reading up on it the best defense I have seen is "its actually a horse show" so thats definitely a negative mark against her

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

AFewBricksShy posted:

Apparently

Jesus christ lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwS2S5WhtqA

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
It's basically medieval times, but wild west themed. There was once a weird civil war kind of audience competition, but they rebranded it entirely to avoid the gross "southern pride" kinda feel.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Yeah I went like 5 years ago and they had that and it felt weird but also they had ostrich racing and that was fun.

What I'm saying is go to eat an entire chicken with your hands, stay to watch grown men try to stay on ostriches.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

My husband and I actually went to her Pirates Voyage show at Myrtle Beach a few years ago (because we are both the kind of dorks who unironically love this sort of poo poo) and had a lot of fun. Lots of acrobatics, high dives, silk dancers, etc. They even had hyacinth and scarlet macaws trained to fly around the place at the beginning of the show to represent the two different sides. Not really an experience that bears repeating but super fun to do once.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
https://twitter.com/E3/status/1295746572513415171

https://twitter.com/ImKatastrophe/status/1295772697276960768

That's a loving list of games for people who don't play games

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Anora posted:

That's a loving list of games for people who don't play games
Take your gatekeeping and stick it. Candy Crush, a game, made 2.03 billion in 2019. If you're going with "Only FPS gaming is true gaming", note Fortnite's position in the list.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

candy crush so popular it's on the list twice

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Casual games are popular, who knew?

Of course that assumes this list is based on any sort of data whatsoever instead of just twenty-five one writer likes and assumes other women do to.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Sorry if it wasn't clear, I think I typed that wrong, I'm not insulting people that play those games for fun, I'm insulting the list maker for suggesting that those are "girl games." Most women I know that play games are into MMOs or horror games, not Kim Kardashian shovel ware. I meant to phrase that in a way that suggested the writer of that article was someone who doesn't play or know people that play games.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Casual games are popular, who knew?

Of course that assumes this list is based on any sort of data whatsoever instead of just twenty-five one writer likes and assumes other women do to.

I bet at least half of them have some sort of advertising deal with either Parade or something else owned by the same people as Parade.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
You only count as a true gamer if you exclusively play Fester's Quest.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I play path of exile and quake, the sweaty male locker rooms of games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Solitaire is on that list. loving Solitaire. And Tetris.

Solitaire is for girls now, people.