Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

Death first imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I just wish the ad software would put different ads

This is literally the only case where I ever hear ads anymore and I'll allow it specifically for the podcasts I like, but come on, just serve me two different ads, not the same one twice

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
All I get here in Germany is Robert telling me over and over and over and over how he tried to watch Parks and Rec. Give me more adds!

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Garrison is pretty good at the podcasts.

Everett False
Sep 28, 2006

Mopsy, I'm starting to question your medical credentials.

I consistently get the Geico pass the rock ad, ads for The Breakfast Club podcast, and lately a lot of ads for Black haircare products 🤔

I look forward to Garrison's eventual takeover after Robert holes up in his compound and is banned from podcasting by the FDA.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

apatheticman posted:

I know right? Robert pulls a random teenager from a cloud of tear gas and he absolutely nails it. Is this what teens are these days? When I was that age I was doing... well, nothing.

Same Great Paste
Jan 14, 2006

AceOfFlames posted:

I'm sure Dani Shapiro is a lovely person but my God, did I get sick of hearing her voice from the Family Secrets ad. Glad that seems to have subsided.

These just grated on me. "Have you or your family experienced a terrible personal tragedy? Let me exploit you while I pretend to express sympathy."

apatheticman posted:

:hmmyes:

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I am always down for ads for new podcasts. Sure, a lot of the podcasts don't live up to good ads, like anything that Parcast puts out, but I am always on the hunt for new ones. I wish there were a way I could just tell the ad companies I'll take whatever podcast ads they've got.

Hraathgar
Jan 21, 2016
I just get ads for the Coke brothers and knife-missiles made by ghosts? Idk.

I live in Finland, perhaps that has something to do with it?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.
Lol if you don't instantly self-inflict a blood choke upon yourself when the adverts come on to skip them.

Just lol.

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

Samovar posted:

Lol if you don't instantly self-inflict a blood choke upon yourself when the adverts come on to skip them.

Just lol.

My last action will be reaching for that 30 second skip button.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

get well soon robert!

https://twitter.com/hungrybowtie/status/1297407153628540928

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Yeah, check out Robert’s twitter, some incredible poo poo has been happening and he has been pressing the gently caress out of it.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

blessed are the knifeholders for theirs is the kingdom of products

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Behold the power of Machetecine!

(Seriously, if you're reading this, get well soon, Robert.)

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

Medical bourbon is the best bourbon.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I just listened to the QAnon episode of WYE and the inherent value of psychologically profiling the cult leaders is that if you determine what specific insecurities they are preying on, reverse engineering a therapeutic strategy becomes dramatically easier. I feel like the guest was trying to communicate that but it didn’t come out 100% clear. A very good episode and probably the most unsettling one to date.

I hope Robert gets an award for his work in da streets, like a gold plated pair of bolt cutters, or some kind of bagel trebuchet

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Bust Rodd posted:

I just listened to the QAnon episode of WYE and the inherent value of psychologically profiling the cult leaders is that if you determine what specific insecurities they are preying on, reverse engineering a therapeutic strategy becomes dramatically easier. I feel like the guest was trying to communicate that but it didn’t come out 100% clear. A very good episode and probably the most unsettling one to date.

I hope Robert gets an award for his work in da streets, like a gold plated pair of bolt cutters, or some kind of bagel trebuchet

Platinum machete hopefully. Anyway rob, get well soon, your doing good heroic poo poo out there to expose those fuckers.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

yikes, get well soon robert. were they able to identify the guy with the baton?

Same Great Paste
Jan 14, 2006

Mr. Fix It posted:

yikes, get well soon robert. were they able to identify the guy with the baton?

https://twitter.com/IwriteOK/status/1297695250345943040

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Bust Rodd posted:

A gold watch from his CIA handlers.

:troll:

Same Great Paste
Jan 14, 2006

https://twitter.com/IwriteOK/status/1298269325300654080

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
Good, rake this man over the coals, Robert

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
This guy is about to get dinged with so many bagels

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Bust Rodd posted:

This guy is about to get dinged with so many bagels
Nothing wrong with a little schmear campaign.

(So sorry)

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Lmao

https://twitter.com/iwriteok/status/1299591264556335104?s=21

PS Robert I really loved how you vented yourself frustration in the last ep of WYE by just repeatedly pointing how much these guys are wusses and can’t shove worth a drat. I hope you a speedy recovery.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
I'm impressed that Evans got through the entire Phyllis Schafly two-parter without ever mentioning her idiot son Andy, even if only to dunk on him.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Wanderer posted:

I'm impressed that Evans got through the entire Phyllis Schafly two-parter without ever mentioning her idiot son Andy, even if only to dunk on him.

maybe he's saving a reading of random conservapedia articles and discussions for the christmas episode

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Hearing the Phyllis Schafly episode, it makes me wonder: if you took one person out of the timeline "Looper" style, who would it be to fix the poo poo show we are in right now?

Thomas Midgley would probably be on the list for the environmental devastation (and the lead poisoning boomer brains). Schafly's got to be on the list for politics.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
William Randolph Hearst pretty much laid all the groundwork for segregationist senators and congresspeople to use weed as a weapon against minorities so he could continue to make bank as a lumber tycoon, I would nuke him from time.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

AFewBricksShy posted:

Hearing the Phyllis Schafly episode, it makes me wonder: if you took one person out of the timeline "Looper" style, who would it be to fix the poo poo show we are in right now?

Probably Rupert Murdoch.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

AFewBricksShy posted:

Thomas Midgley would probably be on the list for the environmental devastation (and the lead poisoning boomer brains). Schafly's got to be on the list for politics.

Woodrow Wilson.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Neo_Crimson posted:

Woodrow Wilson.

Elaborate please. I know he was a giant racist, but I don't know anything more about him/his legacy.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
While he isn’t worse than any of the folk already named who all should go first, Barry Goldwater would be a good candidate. Or William F. Buckley. Or ayn Rand.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

rotinaj posted:

While he isn’t worse than any of the folk already named who all should go first, Barry Goldwater would be a good candidate. Or William F. Buckley. Or ayn Rand.

if feel loopering goldwater wouldn't do much outside have some other nut be the goldwater. Nixon or Reagan would be good qualifiers because they kicked his poo poo off. probably one of the proto nazis or hitler himself. maybe mao once he started become way more of an open monster. rand would be good but she indirectly gave me bioshock 1 and her poo poo is mostly mocked now even by chuds. other loopered folks would be john wilks booth, charles guitue and maybe lee Harvey Oswald.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Dapper_Swindler posted:

if feel loopering goldwater wouldn't do much outside have some other nut be the goldwater. Nixon or Reagan would be good qualifiers because they kicked his poo poo off. probably one of the proto nazis or hitler himself. maybe mao once he started become way more of an open monster. rand would be good but she indirectly gave me bioshock 1 and her poo poo is mostly mocked now even by chuds. other loopered folks would be john wilks booth, charles guitue and maybe lee Harvey Oswald.

Goldwater still was the one to lay the groundwork for Nixon’s southern strategy. Dude was pretty important to how poo poo got lovely, imo. That’s why I said he wasn’t number one with a bullet.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Holy poo poo, USPIS FTW!

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Well, I have to imagine Robert is trying his hardest to get the info, but the Portland Antifa guy who killed that Patriot Prayer dipshit was murdered by a federal hit squad today outside his home around sunset. The media are using the most bizarrely passive language possible but it’s hosed up. Rumors are that they used the Vice magazine interview to trace him?

Stay safe Robert and Portland goons, it’s getting frosty

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

AFewBricksShy posted:

Elaborate please. I know he was a giant racist, but I don't know anything more about him/his legacy.

I'm just going to link Cynical Historian's 2-parter on Wilson.

tl;dw: Wilson popularized Southern Lost Cause mythology, along with the second KKK. Basically created American Imperialism as we know it today, arguably set up the conditions that would lead to WWII, and not mentioned in the videos: suppressed the Women's Sufferage movement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Yeah Woody Wilson was a bonafide bastard, one of my vivid memories of AP US. Actually a lot of my AP US was baby behind the bastards.