Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Darchangel posted:

Discount Tire here is handling it by asking you to stay in your car until they pull the car in, (or drop it off), minimizing customers in the office. I had the left rear repaired a month or so ago - which is why the right front leaking now is frustrating. Just junk on the road, but annoying.

I see you, and witness you my brother.

I went to Discount Tire 2 months ago, they let me pull into the bay myself and also since I ordered online I didn't have to sign anything or touch anything and they never got into my car at all. It was super easy, I just stood outside the whole time.

Also during this time in my area almost no one was wearing masks, but all the people working at DT were, so it was a great covid times experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

LifeSunDeath posted:

Horrible Mechanical Failures: it was a great covid times experience.

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

LifeSunDeath posted:

I went to Discount Tire 2 months ago, they let me pull into the bay myself

My nearly 70yo aunt did this at the local Discount Tire. Slipped and fell in the bay getting out of her truck. Broke her foot.

She said they have always been nice but she's never seen customer service from a manager like that one hoping she wouldn't sue.

She didn't, she says she simply missed the runner step and it was her fault.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

LifeSunDeath posted:

I went to Discount Tire 2 months ago, they let me pull into the bay myself and also since I ordered online I didn't have to sign anything or touch anything and they never got into my car at all. It was super easy, I just stood outside the whole time.

Also during this time in my area almost no one was wearing masks, but all the people working at DT were, so it was a great covid times experience.

Same, except it was last month and I ordered in person and had to sign a paper. All customers and employees were masked up, only two people were in the lobby sitting.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

LifeSunDeath posted:

Sorry, I wasn't clear - they had me pull the car into the bay, too.
Everyone had masks, including public, since the county requires it. Only a couple customers in the waiting room besides myself.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

stolen from imgur

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

I've done something really similar IRL, but with two pieces of #12 copper.

We forgot the meter jumpers that day, ok?

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

slidebite posted:

stolen from imgur

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

I loving love babybel cheese.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

That's a meter base though, not a fuse base. :v:

sorry to be the party killer
how many amps are screwdrivers rated for anyway?

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

A meter will act like a fuse if you try hard enough

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

So will a transformer.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

They're always more than meets the eye.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Goober Peas posted:

Fuses in disguise.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Goober Peas posted:

Ner ner ner nerrrrr nurt

Blacknose
Jul 28, 2006

Meet frustration face to face
A point of view creates more waves
So lose some sleep and say you tried

STR posted:

So will a transformer.

This is why half the electrical goods just got replaced in my house. Substation faults are quite a thing.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

slidebite posted:

stolen from imgur

Oh, gently caress no. get that away from me.

STR posted:

sorry to be the party killer
how many amps are screwdrivers rated for anyway?

Gonna guess more than the 10d nail, and less than the (M6?) bolt. so ~900-1000A

BigPaddy posted:

Ner ner ner nerrrrr nurt

...I heard that in my head. Help, I'm old.

babyeatingpsychopath
Oct 28, 2000
Forum Veteran

LifeSunDeath posted:

I loving love babybel cheese.

Babybels are covered in wax, though.

Laughing Cow is your fuse replacement.

Fun fact: "Laughing Cow" is localized pretty much everywhere it's sold. I have "Die Lachende Ku" wrappers, along with "Η Αγελάδα που Γελά", "ラッフィングカウ", "La Vaca que Ríe", "La Mucca che Ride", and the boring bog-standard "La Vache qui Rit". Same logo, just different letters. Probably same amp rating for all of them.

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

I'm skeptical you could get a 130A through that pull tab

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

babyeatingpsychopath posted:

Babybels are covered in wax, though.

Laughing Cow is your fuse replacement.

Fun fact: "Laughing Cow" is localized pretty much everywhere it's sold. I have "Die Lachende Ku" wrappers, along with "Η Αγελάδα που Γελά", "ラッフィングカウ", "La Vaca que Ríe", "La Mucca che Ride", and the boring bog-standard "La Vache qui Rit". Same logo, just different letters. Probably same amp rating for all of them.

Omg, my whole life I've thought they were the same brand for some reason...wtf.

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

At least the amateur grow-op electrician used something with an insulated handle. That shows a level of thought and foresight rare in those circles.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

He could have been the second in the group to try it too you never know

babyeatingpsychopath
Oct 28, 2000
Forum Veteran

shy boy from chess club posted:

He could have been the second in the group to try it too you never know

Not pictured: the dude on the ground with half a wrench (and half a face).

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

STR posted:

You still need to make sure that the replacement is appropriately rated! :colbert:

babyeatingpsychopath posted:

Fun fact: "Laughing Cow" is localized pretty much everywhere it's sold. ... Probably same amp rating for all of them.

There's only on way to find out!

Pomp and Circumcized fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Aug 19, 2020

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

I could probably rig up my welder to.test the ampacity of some of those items.

While I posses a good number and variety of the audio-visual alert fuses, I think I'll forgo testing those.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Elviscat posted:

I could probably rig up my welder to.test the ampacity of some of those items.

While I posses a good number and variety of the audio-visual alert fuses, I think I'll forgo testing those.

photonicinduction has already done a few of em

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJOX0c60wQE

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

My headcanon is that the Photonic Induction guys haven't posted a video in three years because they vaporized themselves and were ushered into Valhalla.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

LifeSunDeath posted:

Babybels are the better insulator.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Chris Knight posted:

Babybels are the better insulator.

They are indeed...but every time I eat a laughing cow I can say "Oh gently caress yeah spread it," and no one bats an eye.

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Back as a kid I enjoyed the unwrapping of the wax more than the actual cheese.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Combat Theory posted:

Back as a kid I enjoyed the unwrapping of the wax more than the actual cheese.

Yessssss

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

I enjoyed the cheese mostly, second most was balling up that wax, really squishing it.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

LifeSunDeath posted:

I enjoyed the cheese mostly, second most was balling up that wax, really squishing it.

hell yeah brother

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Fifty Three posted:

My headcanon is that the Photonic Induction guys haven't posted a video in three years because they vaporized themselves and were ushered into Valhalla.

They probably succumbed to metal fume fever.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
IIRC the main guy got divorced and deleted all his videos at one point and new content got kind of sporadic after that.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

kastein posted:

IIRC the main guy got divorced and deleted all his videos at one point and new content got kind of sporadic after that.

I thought he found a new girlfriend/wife from India and he's been busy with visa poo poo ever since. Can't imagine a worse dude to make pissed off.

Hope he's doing well at least.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

LifeSunDeath posted:

My headcanon is (now) that when Coach McGuirk got a tattoo of the laughing cow, he was thinking of Babybel

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

Seat Safety Switch posted:

I thought he found a new girlfriend/wife from India and he's been busy with visa poo poo ever since. Can't imagine a worse dude to make pissed off.

Hope he's doing well at least.

Yeah, he found a woman from India, made plans for her to move, she had visa issues, he tried to deal with them, and then kinda went off the rails. Full-on anti-government, anti-woman (welfare queens, etc) rant, which he de-listed:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8EwYOwplyw
Apparently, they got the visa issues fixed, and is in the UK with him, but he seems to have stopped making videos. Too bad, he was incredibly knowledgeable and amusing. The craziest thing was that he did everything 100% legally. The local AHJ inspected everything, it was permitted, etc. So much work to "do it right" and then melt wrenches on his carpet.

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/chat/photonicinduction-passed-away-(unconfirmed)/msg2159500/#msg2159500

To add to the "fuses" content, this is how the fused disconnect for my compressor was installed by the PO:

sharkytm fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Aug 20, 2020

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Is that single phase and a neutral, or three-phase?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Elviscat posted:

Is that single phase and a neutral, or three-phase?

I miss that guy’s posts and I hope he’s well.